Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Technical Analysis posted:

Don't they get more money with a democrat in office anyway just because their viewers/listeners are more likely to watch/listen just to hear the new horrible poo poo the democrat did today, and how they're supposed to feel about it.

I think people have theorized that Hannity really wants Trump to give him a government job when he's elected.

But regardless, if Trump gets elected they'll just switch up their rhetoric a little. Rather than "Look what the dumb president did today that's ruining our country" they'll change it to how Obama was so bad that look at this mess he left us and Trump's doing his best to fix it but by golly it's just so messed up he's having a hard time (which will be especially hypocritical after saying "You can't blame Bush for everything wrong!"). The best case scenario would also be if the Dems took control of Congress if Trump was elected, because then they could also say "Those liberals in Congress are opposing Trump at every turn!" If Congress remained under Republican control, then it would shift to the "RINOs" in Congress who are opposing Trump at every turn and being traitors to conservatives and the Republican party. Especially after how hard he's been harping on the Never Trumpers and claiming "IF HILLARY GETS ELECTED YOU OWN IT," he would absolutely turn to talking about how the ones that didn't endorse Trump who were still in Congress were so butthurt that they're still opposing Trump to the detriment of the country.

So yeah, they'll still do just fine, especially since "RINOs" is now a mainstream thing and every bad thing that would happen under a Trump presidency could be blamed on them (or the lingering effects of Obama).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Don't they get more money with a democrat in office anyway just because their viewers/listeners are more likely to watch/listen just to hear the new horrible poo poo the democrat did today, and how they're supposed to feel about it.

Pretty much, yes. The other side of it is that the GOP holding the reins is really, really bad because they ruin everything they touch. If they're in power with little to no opposition they can't just look at the problems and go "the liberals did it!"

But having a Democrat president is perfect because they can just scream "libruls are ruining America!!!" all day. Then the GOP-run Senate can just sit on the "no" button all day every day and act like it's all Obama's fault they're doing it. Hillary winning would be the best thing for Rush because then he can scream even louder about how the game is rigged in the Democrat party's favor.

The line will be "gently caress you, it was OUR turn, how dare you not elect Trump?"

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Mantis42 posted:

A couple of reasons:

1. McGovern was the Bernie of his day except the electorate was all Baby Boomer scum. Nixon was actually popular.
2. He ran a terrible campaign and was personally kind of a square. He picked his running mate at random at the last minute. As noted, Eagleton had a history of mrntal illness and McGovern first supported him publicly then dropped him
3. Nixon ratfucked the dem primaries which, among other things, helped further the gap between McGovern and the rest of the party.
4. The head of the AFL-CIO was a pro-war, social conservative who refused to back McGovern.
5. Nixon's October surprise was announcing the effective end of America's involvement in Vietnam.
6. Nixon's campaign was ran by basically all the future media men of the right (Ailes especially) who were a generation ahead in terms of narrative crafting.

Goon favorite Nixonland goes into greater detail.

The 1972 Democratic National Convention is one of the most insane things ever wrought. You think the Dems are split now? There were about 50 different platforms in 1972. And among the nominations for vice president were Mao and Archie Bunker.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Twelve by Pies posted:

I think people have theorized that Hannity really wants Trump to give him a government job when he's elected.

I doubt it. Hannity makes too much money and doesn't need the stress of doing real work. What's really just going on is that the two of them actually have been friends for a while. Hannity might also have had a lot to do with Trump's radicalization over the past few years.

Hannity is just completely blinded by his buddy running for office, and also desires to take credit for getting Trump onboard to lead this populist/nationalist revolt within the GOP.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/is-matt-drudge-okay-just-checking_us_57f269b8e4b082aad9bc191f?section=&

Is Matt Drudge OK?

Apparently, the Drudge report was the first the break the news that a paternity test proved that the supposed lovechild of Bill Clinton and a former Arkansas prostitute was not in fact his son. In 1999.

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Oct 4, 2016

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

remusclaw posted:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/is-matt-drudge-okay-just-checking_us_57f269b8e4b082aad9bc191f?section=&

Is Matt Drudge OK?

Apparently, the Drudge report was the first the break the news that a paternity test proved that the supposed lovechild of Bill Clinton and a former Arkensas prostitute was not in fact his son. In 1999.

Listen, there's been a lot of nights out dancing with Ann Coulter since 1999. Not surprising he might not remember.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

BiggerBoat posted:

I remain completely baffled about Nixon's dominance over McGovern.

The nation was split along ideological lines over Viet Nam and civil unrest was rampant. I would have expected that election to be much closer. I'm not sure what role, if any, the media played in Nixon's re-election but I would imagine it was a lot more "liberally biased" than it is now. I honestly can't figure out why that election was a such a loving landslide.
In addition to what everyone else has said, McGovern's personal unpopularity with a lot of Democratic so high that it skewed the presidential results really heavily. Despite McGovern going down to maybe the most lopsided defeat of any presidential election, the downticket races went pretty well: the Dems senate majority went up by two to 56-44, and the losses in the house were light enough to maintain a 60 seat majority.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

quote:

But along the way, Nuzzi had a conversation about this story with Clinton conspiracy hound Robert Morrow:

In February, I sat down in Des Moines with Morrow, who admitted he had never met Danney, to talk about the story. “They made it up!” he said of Star magazine’s DNA test. “It’s Clinton-disinfo. It’s a planted story—a fake planted story. There was no DNA test. Prove it! Where? Danney don’t know about it. Star magazine didn’t know about. Stone talks to the current people who own those magazines [and] they say, ‘what are you talking about?’

:lol: Conspiracy Theory expert Robert Morrow.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

They seem to think the alphabet AI is a simple wordfilter - but it is an AI built for reading the context and patterns in which words are used. ISIS used much more guarded codewords that the AI was designed to thwart, that weren't exactly posted to public message boards. So all they're doing is making it easier for the AI to track them, and also making it super easy for the engineers to refine the AI further.

This is like a really ridiculous racist 'tiger-proof rock' superstition.

BarbarianElephant posted:

All conservatives should talk like this. Their conversation would swiftly become so impenetrable that no voters who weren't already in the bubble would be able to comprehend what they are talking about. One reason Trump is doing so well is that he cuts the code words, allowing the stupid to follow what he's saying without having to decode innuendo and snide digs.

You're right on the money, actually. Hate groups speaking largely in insular code have a lot harder time recruiting.

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Oct 4, 2016

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
Whatever happened to the Alex jones as master shake youtubes?

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Azuth0667 posted:

:negative: happened.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Azuth0667 posted:

Unless there are Jones videos I've never seen, I think you mean Mark Levin.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh6LDor1lKFVSJALU5cwe3A

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Tony Phillips posted:

Unless there are Jones videos I've never seen, I think you mean Mark Levin.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh6LDor1lKFVSJALU5cwe3A

Ah yeah that's who it was I forgot. All of these guys sort of blend together for me.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Azuth0667 posted:

Mark Levine, yo. Alex Jones sounds nothing like Master Shake.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Azuth0667 posted:

Ah yeah that's who it was I forgot. All of these guys sort of blend together for me.

I think there's a channel for SwampThing where he posts them under the name Master Levin or something.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Now that hatred of establishment/RINOs are a thing, how much longer can the Right Wing hate machine spiral downward before they start purging each other because they're not "pure" enough? Like they can only wind themselves up against their own party and idealogy long enough before lone wolves start to shoot up radio stations because Rush isn't as hard as Hannity or Brietbart like this is some serious Eastcoast-Westcoast rivalry attacks.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Crabtree posted:

Now that hatred of establishment/RINOs are a thing, how much longer can the Right Wing hate machine spiral downward before they start purging each other because they're not "pure" enough? Like they can only wind themselves up against their own party and idealogy long enough before lone wolves start to shoot up radio stations because Rush isn't as hard as Hannity or Brietbart like this is some serious Eastcoast-Westcoast rivalry attacks.

They'll be begging for the protection of the ATF and FBI. The last Clinton administration had a lot of experience with right wing whackos.
Gee Thanks Clinton!

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Chilichimp posted:

Mark Levine, yo. Alex Jones sounds nothing like Master Shake.

looks like Goku though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhqUk28OwHs

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Twelve by Pies posted:

But regardless, if Trump gets elected they'll just switch up their rhetoric a little. Rather than "Look what the dumb president did today that's ruining our country" they'll change it to how Obama was so bad that look at this mess he left us and Trump's doing his best to fix it but by golly it's just so messed up he's having a hard time (which will be especially hypocritical after saying "You can't blame Bush for everything wrong!"). The best case scenario would also be if the Dems took control of Congress if Trump was elected, because then they could also say "Those liberals in Congress are opposing Trump at every turn!" If Congress remained under Republican control, then it would shift to the "RINOs" in Congress who are opposing Trump at every turn and being traitors to conservatives and the Republican party. Especially after how hard he's been harping on the Never Trumpers and claiming "IF HILLARY GETS ELECTED YOU OWN IT," he would absolutely turn to talking about how the ones that didn't endorse Trump who were still in Congress were so butthurt that they're still opposing Trump to the detriment of the country.

So yeah, they'll still do just fine, especially since "RINOs" is now a mainstream thing and every bad thing that would happen under a Trump presidency could be blamed on them (or the lingering effects of Obama).

Why wuold they blame RINOs when there's a non-zero amount of non-Rs?

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

I flicked on Sean Hannity's radio show when I was driving earlier today, and he's very upset about Trump's tax records being released. He's spinning like a motherfucker, of course. His argument boils down to "Hey, it's perfectly legal! And, hey, the Clinton foundation wrote off losses as tax exemptions too!"
Yep, Limbaugh was on about this too. Here is the full headline of the rant just so you get the tl;dr version:
The Illegal Publishing of Trump's Tax Return Demonstrates Why an Outsider Absolutely Must Be Elected President

quote:

RUSH: ... The illegal publishing of Donald Trump's tax return encapsulates and validates the reason why an outsider absolutely must be elected president, if you ask me. This is an act of illegality. Donald Trump has followed the law. Nobody in this is even alleging he broke the law. He certainly hasn't been accused of it by the IRS or anybody else.

We're talking about 1995. Donald Trump has followed the law. The media broke the law. The New York Times breaks the law.
Do you realize how much lawlessness is dominating the events every day in our country from illegal immigration to the Clintons' illegal pay and play for their foundation, to the Clintons illegal accepting payoffs and front money in advance of her being elected president and while she was secretary of state.

Do you realize all the lawbreaking, the real illegality that we are dealing with every day, the breakdown of the rule of law, and that's not the story. Donald Trump has followed the law, the media has broken the law, and the illegal publishing of Trump's tax return I think, again, illustrates, validates, if you will, the reasons why an outsider absolutely must be elected president.

The media may have worked with the IRS to break the law. We already know the IRS breaks the law. We know the IRS broke the law in denying tax-exempt status to a number of conservative fundraiser organizations. We know that Mrs. Clinton is routinely violating the law as secretary of state with her email server. And the lying that the FBI director documented that she engaged in, not in her interview, but that she's lied to congressional committees, she has lied to the American people.

Mrs. Clinton will not release the transcripts of the speeches that she has given to banks, and I think we know why now. When she goes out and speaks to Bernie Sanders supporters, she tells them that they're all wet, she tells them that their hopes and dreams are unrealistic. We weren't supposed to learn about that.

We weren't supposed to learn about the fact that she believes half of Trump's voters could be put in a basket of deplorables. It's no wonder Mrs. Clinton won't go out and do what Donald Trump is doing right now, or was earlier. He was having a sit-down with a bunch of military people, a bunch of veterans at an organization in Washington after having given a speech. He'll talk to anybody who wants to talk to him, any time, any day, about anything.

Mrs. Clinton can't afford to because they have to really ride herd on making sure she doesn't say things in public like she says in private, which slowly and surely are leaking out. But the breakdown of the rule of law -- the abject lawlessness that is determining the future, determining the direction our country is traveling and going -- it's time it stopped. And even the editor of the New York Times, this Dean Baquet guy, said he would gladly go to jail if somebody sent him the Trump tax returns and he published them illegally.

It's illegal for the IRS to share that information with anybody. It's illegal for the Times to publish it. But nobody's talking about that. Listen to this. This is Glenn Thrush writing at The Politico in a story headlined: "The Week That Will Decide the U.S. Election -- Five things to watch in a week that will likely pick a president." You want the opening paragraph of this story? Here you go. Sit down. "If there's one thing we've learned about the 2016 electorate..." That's you.

"If there's one thing we've learned about the 2016 electorate after many dozens of polls, it's this: The Republicans could have nominated a mile-high mound of flaming medical waste and between 38 and 43% of the American electorate would have voted for it over Hillary Rodham Clinton." Now, you might think it's a clever line, I might think it's a clever line, but what it is is an attempt to dismiss and denigrate Trump by essentially saying that opposition to Hillary is out there because anywhere from 38 to 43% of the American people are a bunch of bigots.

Thirty-eight to 43% of the American people are a bunch of closed-minded whatevers -- deplorables, bitter clingers, what have you 'cause they would vote against Hillary Clinton no matter what. "The Republicans could have nominated a mile-high mound of flaming medical waste..." So that is -- and they're all over the place, folks. That's just the latest indication of how you are thought of by the Democrat Party, by its willing accomplices in the Drive-By Media and the Washington establishment in general.

I'm just telling you. It's all there for you to soak in and accept it. "Dem[ocrat]s Build Files to Track Trump 'Stain.'" That's another Politico story with yet another reference to a mile-high mound of waste. The Democrat Party "aims to hang this [Trump] around Republican necks for years." Washington Post: "A President Trump Could Deport Freely." This is a story designed to scare leftists, liberals, and pro-illegal immigrant forces by suggesting that Trump literally could deport anybody he wanted any time and probably would.

An opinion piece, an op-ed in the Washington Post: "The Most Shocking Part of Donald Trump's Tax Records Isn't the $916 Million Loss Everyone's Talking About." It's the illegal publishing of it. The Times. The Post doesn't say that, by the way. I'm adding that. That's really what is the most shocking part is. But it's not gonna be the most shocking part to most people. The same thing was done to Richard Nixon by Adam Clymer, then at the Baltimore Sun. Nixon's tax returns were illegally leaked. (interruption)

You don't know that story? I will remind you of that story as it comes up in the Stack of Stuff. I've put everything here in as much of a consequential or date timeline order as I can. So we have, just to establish: The illegal publishing of Trump's tax return to me demonstrates why an outsider absolutely must be elected president. What if it's your tax return? You might be saying, "So what, Rush? Trump's running for president. You gotta expect that most people release their tax return." He's chosen not to; there's no law says he has to.

Democrats are seeking any evidence they can, seeking any advantage they can 'cause they don't trust Hillary to win this on her own, obviously. So they willingly engage in illegality to do it, and now they're being praised and high-fived, of course, by other media outlets and organizations for doing so. But it's just a quintessential example of the corruption -- corruption at the highest levels of our government and media complex -- that we have to put up with and deal with every day. Trump followed the laws. The media broke the laws.

The media may have worked with IRS on to break the law. The IRS and the media appear to have conspired to help a Democrat, who herself is the most corrupt person to ever run for president. She's not the best. She's not the most qualified. She is the most corrupt person to ever run. But you know and I know that President Obama and the Department of Justice will do nothing to hold anybody responsible or accountable. There's a scandal here. Everybody thinks there's a scandal.

The scandal has nothing to do with Donald Trump.
"What do you mean, Rush? We reported a lot of money, $916 million." Yeah, nothing illegal about it. Hillary used the same tactic. The New York Times used the same provision in the tax law. That's correct. The New York Times and Hillary Clinton have both used the same provision. Losses in one year carry over and count against whatever gains or income you show in succeeding years. The scandal here has nothing to do with Trump, but that's not how it's gonna be seen, obviously.

It's going to be seen because it is being reported as a Trump scandal. "He won't release his tax returns, and now we discovered he's declared this $916 million loss. Oh, my God, this has got to be a scandal!" Just because you can't think in those numbers, just because people can't relate to losing $916 million does not mean that there is a scandal. The scandal involves the IRS. The scandal involves the New York Times and the rest of the media. The scandal involves perhaps Hillary Clinton.

So we are up against crony justice, crony journalism, the illegal use of the IRS to punish enemies of Democrats, when to this day it is thought the only person that ever thought or tried to do that was Richard Nixon -- and he never did it. He wanted to, but he never did it. In fact, he ended up being victimized. And I hear people say, "Well, I guess this is it, the October surprise, Rush. I guess." No, this is not an October Surprise. This is standard operating procedure when the Democrats in the White House.

It's the standard operating procedure the Democrats and the establishment are running the show. Corruption is on the ballot, not scandal. It is not conservatism, not what we wish. Corruption is on the ballot, and it's all found under that capital D on your ballot. Okay, so Trump's business lost some money. We can see Trump's business lost some money. Hillary Clinton as secretary of state lost four people in Benghazi, including our ambassador. Hillary Clinton loses people. Trump lost some money.

His own, by the way, not yours.

Hillary Clinton also lost some 30,000 incriminating emails. Imagine if there was a carryover, a carryover write-off for debt ambassadors and colleagues, for broken laws and destroyed evidence. The Clinton family wouldn't pay taxes for the next five generations, if you could carry that stuff over. But the real grating thing to me here is that losing lives -- Benghazi -- losing and destroying evidence -- the email scandal and who knows what other corruption exists with the Clinton Crime Family Foundation -- these end up being resume enhancers for Democrats.

Whatever it takes to beat us. That is the unifying principle that keeps the left together: Beating us. We do not have such a unifying principle as evidenced by the split support for Trump. We, on our side, simply cannot and do not unify to beat Democrats, to beat liberals. They, on the left, unify. They'll forget any grudge they've got amongst themselves. They will unify to defeat us. We are the number one enemy they face day in and day out anywhere in the world, and they treat us accordingly. We do not. We're too busy trying to show them that we're not what they think of us. Such a pointless exercise.

The media, Barack Obama say Hillary's the most prepared person ever to be president.

Of what? A mafia family?

What is she qualified to be president of? Do you remember the emails from East Anglia, the University of East Anglia, which was the first solid indication that we all got confirming our suspicions that this manmade global warming story is a hoax? The New York Times refused to publish those emails. Do you remember? The New York Times refused to publish those emails because they were acquired by virtue of it hack, which the Times said made them acquired illegally, which the Times said prevented them from telling the story of the climate change hoax.
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2...ected_president

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

PhazonLink posted:

Because their ideology cannot fail. It can only be failed!

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Dr. Faustus posted:

Because their ideology cannot fail. It can only be failed!

Standard Republican "personal responsibility".

Sarcastr0
May 29, 2013

WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE BILLIONAIRES ?!?!?

PhazonLink posted:

Turns out the margin is better when you attack your own party as impure traitors.

After 30 years of calling the opposition party complete traitors, the best crusaders innovate who they target.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Sarcastr0 posted:

Turns out the margin is better when you attack your own party as impure traitors.

After 30 years of calling the opposition party complete traitors, the best crusaders innovate who they target.

That and it ensures that they can intimidate any possible dissenters towards their latest idiocy into bowing before them out of fear of being branded with the dreaded RINO label and become pariahs to their base. Peer pressure is a highly effective tool for manipulating even government bodies once you get high enough.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

kik2dagroin posted:

Yep, Limbaugh was on about this too. Here is the full headline of the rant just so you get the tl;dr version:
The Illegal Publishing of Trump's Tax Return Demonstrates Why an Outsider Absolutely Must Be Elected President

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2...ected_president

:psyduck:

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
NPR almost killed me today:
http://www.npr.org/2016/10/04/496508348/in-ariz-mormon-working-mom-explains-why-shes-supporting-trump
100% buy-in to the whole "Koran tells them to kill us", taken with NPR calm. Almost drove off the road.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

SpeakSlow posted:

NPR almost killed me today:
http://www.npr.org/2016/10/04/496508348/in-ariz-mormon-working-mom-explains-why-shes-supporting-trump
100% buy-in to the whole "Koran tells them to kill us", taken with NPR calm. Almost drove off the road.

I heard Innskeep introduce the story and it was "Meet a mormon who completely supports Trump and a Native American who grudgingly supports HIllary Clinton". I'm sure the truth is in the middle there. Is NPR Right Wing Media now? I can't tell sometimes.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
"The media has broken the law by finding the tax files Trump has hidden to likely not be viewed and reviewed by the IRS, an entity that has not made any action or statement about Trump yet, but clearly is in cahoots with them and THE MEDIA for a DEMOCRAT! WHAT IF IT IS YOUR TAX HISTORY NEXT, LISTENER? ALSO GLOBAL WARMING IS A HOAX AND WE MUST BAN TOGETHER UNDER TRUMP, A MAN I WAS PERSONALLY HESITANT TO ENDORSE UNTIL JUST RECENTLY!"

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
"The media broke the law by releasing these leaks" said the man patiently waiting for an Australian rapist to air the latest that his Russian handlers dug up from private systems.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Geostomp posted:

Standard Republican "personal responsibility".

"It's YOUR fault that we can't live in my perfect world!"

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Goatman Sacks posted:

"The media broke the law by releasing these leaks" said the man patiently waiting for an Australian rapist to air the latest that his Russian handlers dug up from private systems.

The best part is that the big leak was that assgland has a new book.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Oh no, Scott Adams is being targeted!

quote:

This weekend I got “shadowbanned” on Twitter. It lasted until my followers noticed and protested. Shadowbanning prevents my followers from seeing my tweets and replies, but in a way that is not obvious until you do some digging.

Why did I get shadowbanned?

Beats me.

But it was probably because I asked people to tweet me examples of Clinton supporters being violent against peaceful Trump supporters in public. I got a lot of them. It was chilling.

Late last week my Twitter feed was invaded by an army of Clinton trolls (it’s a real thing) leaving sarcastic insults and not much else on my feed. There was an obvious similarity to them, meaning it was organized.

At around the same time, a bottom-feeder at Slate wrote a hit piece on me that had nothing to do with anything. Except obviously it was politically motivated. It was so lame that I retweeted it myself. The timing of the hit piece might be a coincidence, but I stopped believing in coincidences this year.

All things considered, I had a great week. I didn’t realize I was having enough impact to get on the Clinton enemies list. I don’t think I’m supposed to be happy about any of this, but that’s not how I’m wired.

Mmm, critics. Delicious :-)

"It's a real thing" links to a Daily Kos article that says a Clinton SuperPAC admitted to spending a million dollars hiring fake Clinton supporters to troll social media. I don't think the hit piece was linked specifically in this thread (I know it was in the cartoons thread) but here it is, it's definitely worth a read: No One Understands Donald Trump Like the Horny Narcissist Who Created Dilbert

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

So for months wikileaks has been promising a big bombshell of documents that would sink the Clinton campaign.

Instead they gave people an infomercial and 'please buy my discounted book.'

https://twitter.com/BuzzFeed/status/783323543538839553

It also wound up making Alex Jones get really mad, and using some uh...choice words to describe Assange:

https://twitter.com/nick_ramsey/status/783237969285091328

Oh and also "please join my army of gamergate-style trolls to annoy and harass people on twitter information warriors out to 'correct' people on twitter about wikileaks being full of poo poo."

https://twitter.com/motherboard/status/783335397086691328

Maybe those volunteers can start by playing damage control for Assange's dud of a press conference.

How many times has that been now where the far right was promised some bombshell against Clinton that turned out to be an overhyped dud.
In the meantime, the Trump campaign is practically a scandal-and-gaffe generating machine.

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Oct 4, 2016

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

They make money either way. Democrat in office = "we must defeat them", Republican in office = "we can't let them defeat us". It's fear-mongering either way. But yeah I think the former is more profitable than the latter. I don't have any numbers though.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Where do I sign up to get on the gravy train of Clinton trolls? I've been doing this poo poo for free? I need to get me some of that sweet super PAC money.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Spacedad posted:

So for months wikileaks has been promising a big bombshell of documents that would sink the Clinton campaign.

Instead they gave people an infomercial and 'please buy my discounted book.'

It's like poetry. I seem to remember that orange rear end in a top hat pumping up a press event on birtherism, only to bait and switch the media with a hotel infomercial. Conservatism is a scam.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I was reading the election history of Lindsey Graham, who represents my state, and at one point there was a real threat that he would be deposed by another Republican candidate due to "his willingness to work with Democrats". Basically the Republican party has no issues with cannibalizing itself for the Tea Party vote, but it shocked me at how someone as hawkish as Graham would be threatened in a pure Red state like SC. Apparently willingness to compromise is a sign if Liberalism and must be eliminated.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

Elephant Ambush posted:

They make money either way. Democrat in office = "we must defeat them", Republican in office = "we can't let them defeat us". It's fear-mongering either way. But yeah I think the former is more profitable than the latter. I don't have any numbers though.

They're basically a bunch of media cyphers who generate white male outrage. They will be perpetually trying to generate fake-rear end outrage no matter what happens.

You can actually physically track how this poo poo starts by looking at the trajectory of the more popular reactionary youtube ranters, who started off fairly mundane but got more deliberately radicalized when they realized it was profitable. In their earlier videos you can actually find them denouncing exactly the kind of hard-right conservatism they now espouse, and also the outrage-generating tactics they presently engage in.

It's demagoguery 101. Plus it's always been super easy especially in the US to turn a profit by saying hateful poo poo that hateful white people agree with.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Oh god, I need to listen to Hannity so loving bad today. After Hannity started sucking Assange's dick as a true American hero out to defeat the evil Clinton, I cannot loving wait to hear the tears from him after this. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Spun Dog posted:

It's like poetry. I seem to remember that orange rear end in a top hat pumping up a press event on birtherism, only to bait and switch the media with a hotel infomercial. Conservatism is a scam.

Whether or not you admit to the feasibility of conservative principles... him being a conservative is the scam.