Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

let's not forget the bigger picture here which is JOIN AVENUE IS COMING BACK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Tired Moritz posted:

it stole the spotlight from Pikachu. :(

good

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

What was Join Avenue?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

they market and sell toys for most pokemon, including the new starters and regular greninja

give me ash-chespin and I might forgive

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Tired Moritz posted:

It reeks of marketing of toys

The whole thing is a toy.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

mabels big day posted:

let's not forget the bigger picture here which is JOIN AVENUE IS COMING BACK

also it looks like you can buy EV's with FC

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Golden Goat posted:

What was Join Avenue?

a thing in B/W2 that was kinda dumb.

Essentially what you see in the video, other people's avatars open shops and you have some buy/sell with them.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Blaze Dragon posted:

Also worth pointing out, from Serebii's Twitter: we have Ice Stones now. I guess that ends the "how to evolve Alolan Vulpix" debate.

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/783301634009030656

Hopefully Eevee can use it too along with a leaf stone now so Gamefreak doesn't have to keep putting in those ice and moss rock areas.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Electric Phantasm posted:

Hopefully Eevee can use it too along with a leaf stone now so Gamefreak doesn't have to keep putting in those ice and moss rock areas.

The only time they've ever changed an evo method was with Milotic when they removed contests and needed some other way for Milotic to evolve. So now its the only pokemon with 2 methods to get to the same evo.

Realistically, local evolutions aren't going away and they'll shove in ice/moss rock and a 'magnetic area' (Magnezone, Probopass) for eternity.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Zore posted:

a thing in B/W2 that was kinda dumb.

Essentially what you see in the video, other people's avatars open shops and you have some buy/sell with them.

kinda dumb? it was awesome

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

The Lord of Hats posted:

I don't remember it being to the same extent as "you burnt your hand because you touched the flame orb you dumbass" or "Mooooooom stop messing with my hair ugh enough already!"

Benach
Aug 15, 2013
I don't remember being able to pretend to be Team Plasma in BW2.

Golden Goat posted:

Where can I get toys of all the starters? I need a Litten.

Japanese pokemon center shops. The online japanese pokemon center site (Doesn't ship internationally).

i'm excited

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

The Japanese trailer has different stuff too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9o552CaJV8

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

Go the whole way. Dusk stone for Umbreon, Dawn Stone for Espeon, Shiny Stone for Sylveon.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Calaveron posted:

For those unable to youtube, could we get a picture of what's new in this trailer

Can't upload pictures right now, but the starter evos are on the front of the official site.

http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/

And the other new stuff doesn't come across well in pictures.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

Also worth pointing out, from Serebii's Twitter: we have Ice Stones now. I guess that ends the "how to evolve Alolan Vulpix" debate.

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/783301634009030656

Piedra Pomez is used to evolve male Gothoritas into a new Pokemon based on Gomez Addams.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Just listen to that happy as gently caress and catchy music during the Poke Pelago segment. Why can't they let Hitomi Satō compose more main game music like she did in gen IV instead of random mini games and then the pop idol song in ORAS.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

quote:

When the Pokémon Global Link is updated for Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon, a new feature will be available—QR Rental Teams. Players will be able to publicly share their own teams and to use Battle Teams designed by other players. Public Battle Teams can be used by scanning in their QR Code patterns from the Pokémon Global Link. You can take part in Link Battles and certain Rating Battles using a Battle Team you’ve rented. You may even be able to try battling using the Pokémon of expert players, like the victors of the World Championships!

i don't know how to feel about this

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

that is a lot of neat stuff! dartrix is fantastic :syoon:

i love the idea of the Pelago, so your banked pokemon can still do stuff!! like find treasure!!!! that is exciting!!!!!!!!!!!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Also they're doing a time limit thing too? You only get 10 minutes of time to make your moves over the course of the entire match. I don't know how long these things take normally in cartridge play but that seems kind of short if you're doing a full battle

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Kerrrrrrr posted:

that is a lot of neat stuff! dartrix is fantastic :syoon:

i love the idea of the Pelago, so your banked pokemon can still do stuff!! like find treasure!!!! that is exciting!!!!!!!!!!!

He really, really is. Also the bit about being a birdbrain and freaking out when he makes mistakes and just making everything worse is so relatable. I'm so excited to see the stage 3 evolution. :swoon:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Tired Moritz posted:

Oh yes, I agree. More wacky adventures with pokemon please.

gently caress Ash-Greninja though. It reeks of marketing of toys and that pisses me off even though it's a totally sensible thing to do for a business. Ash-Greninja is lame, and it makes no sense and it stole the spotlight from Pikachu. :(

Pikachu loving sucks though so who cares. Poliwhirl should have been the mascot.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

mabels big day posted:

i don't know how to feel about this

netdecking is apparently a feature in-game now.

maybe people will finally stop arguing about breeding.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Nth Doctor posted:

What's weird is it worked for my copies of AS and Y, but my copy of X said I couldn't get it.

Figured it out. I kept entering HOOPA2016 when the code is 2016HOOPA. :doh:

Also, GameFreak/MBD: DexNav when?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Torracat sounds like it's gonna be fire fighting in the third form :(

quote:

The cat punch that this Pokémon can dish out with its strong forelegs is extremely powerful. It can bend iron bars and knock out large men with a single blow!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Calaveron posted:

For those unable to youtube, could we get a picture of what's new in this trailer

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Did the final starter evos get leaked somewhere? I think so, but can't find them.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Golden Goat posted:

Torracat sounds like it's gonna be fire fighting in the third form :(

I still have hope for Fire/Dark, Grass/Flying, Water/Fairy.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Did the final starter evos get leaked somewhere? I think so, but can't find them.

Yeah

Leaked months ago. Showed a character before she was revealed and the mid-stages just released definitely have some design similarity.

Zore fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Oct 4, 2016

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
So the starter leaks are basically confirmed and Ash-Greninja is now an official thing that still has the name? And it's from a unique ability, so nobody else gets it?

Huh. Well, screw the frog, but everything else is looking great. Especially the activities for your PC mons so they don't just spend their lives in a digital limbo.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Zore posted:

Yeah

Leaked months ago. Showed a character before she was revealed and the mid-stages just released definitely have some design similarity.

Huh, how'd I end up missing this? If that does end up being the Dartrix evo then oh my god it's probably going to unseat the Porygon line as my most favorite. :syoon:

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I will appreciate tiger mask no matter what his typing ends up being

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
I can't wait to force my pokemon into unpaid labor in the pelago coal mines

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Ruggington posted:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Ruggington posted:

I will not because its so bullshit the most common starter typings, that 1/2 of all starters have, are

Water
Grass
Fire/Fighting

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I will pick lucha lion even if he ends up being Fire/Fighting.
It is because he is cool.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
If he's Fire/Fighting he better get some sort of tiger driver variation as his signature move

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

QuasiQuack posted:

I can't wait to force my pokemon into unpaid labor in the pelago coal mines

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

all the fire/fighting types in a fatal fourway Hell in a Cell match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness