Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Oh. The Gohan timeline is always confusing, especially since he started being named factually inaccurate things like teen Gohan and the whole hyperbolic time chamber business

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Piccolo never left Gohan alone though, he was always watching and ended up intervening when he saw that Gohan really couldn't deal with being on his own.

It's also important to remember that Piccolo's a whole four years older than Gohan. It's hard to be a parental figure when you're 7 years old (and without a dad yourself at that, seeing as how Gohan's dad killed his own before he was even born), and Piccolo still did it and still did a better job than Gohan's actual dad.

Meanwhile a much more adult Goku left Gohan to die against Cell because of a complete misunderstanding of his son's personality. Which Piccolo fully called him out on.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
What's the best way to train a 4 or 5 year old?

Throw him at lightning speed into a motherfucking mountain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoULChoSIbU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

throwing someone at a mountain is just how the namekians show affection

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Blaze Dragon posted:

Piccolo never left Gohan alone though, he was always watching and ended up intervening when he saw that Gohan really couldn't deal with being on his own.

Giving him a few apples once is not good parenting.

Making excuses for why Piccolo was a bad dad doesn't make him a good dad. It just means it's not his fault that he's a bad dad.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

look, both of Gohan's dads grew up orphaned in the middle of wilderness, it's only fair Gohan also gets an experience that obviously greatly enriched them both

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

back when Goku and Piccolo were tiny babies hunting massive dinosaurs was a favorite childhood pastime

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Manatee Cannon posted:

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODGE!!!!

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Manatee Cannon posted:

Throwing a mountain is a marriage proposal

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

a cartoon duck posted:

look, both of Gohan's dads grew up orphaned in the middle of wilderness, it's only fair Gohan also gets an experience that obviously greatly enriched them both

I grew up inside and I can't fly and never ate dinosaur meat growing up. gently caress society.

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010

reignofevil posted:

I grew up inside and I can't fly and never ate dinosaur meat growing up. gently caress society.

Nor will we know what a kiss is as well.

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013
Picolo was just about 9 years old when he trained Gohan...

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Captain Quack posted:

Picolo was just about 9 years old when he trained Gohan...

Teen Piccolo

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Shouldn't Nail and Kami's ages be added to his own given he has all their experience, wisdom etc as part of him? Or at least count in some manner, even if it's not cumulative.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
He got some kinda memory infusion from his dad too

Flippinlikebirds
Feb 2, 2007
I'm an ideas man Michael. I think I proved that with Fuck Mountain.

a cartoon duck posted:

In the distant future of the Dragon Ball world it becomes national policy that all children have to spend time living in the wilderness away from their parents.

This was supposedly part of the back story for Dragon Ball Online which was worked on by Toriyama and was basically canon before Super.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Flippinlikebirds posted:

In the distant future of the Dragon Ball world it becomes national policy that all children have to spend time living in the wilderness away from their parents.

This is what we get for electing a dog as emperor of the world. Pilaf was right.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

All this kid gohan talk makes me wanna watch the garlic jr movie again, what was it called? I can't remember.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Matoi Ryuko posted:

All this kid gohan talk makes me wanna watch the garlic jr movie again, what was it called? I can't remember.

Dead Zone, or "Gimmie my drat Gohan".

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Rudoku posted:

Dead Zone, or "Gimmie my drat Gohan".

Oh yeah, the dead zone. Haha.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
That is my Gohan, give him back you are a weird goblin thing, his hat doesn't even fit

"Curse of the Blood Rubies" is the most generic title a Dragon Ball film could possibly get.

Leroy Dennui fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Oct 5, 2016

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I will always be grateful to Curse of the Blood Rubies because grabbing it at Blockbuster is what got me into Dragonball. See also: the 77 Hobbit film on the exact same shelf and Tolkien.

e: this has already been posted, but it needs to continue to be appreciated
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LKT_IcyT-s

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Oct 5, 2016

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Is talking about TFS's abridging contest allowed here?

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Leroy Dennui posted:

"Curse of the Blood Rubies" is the most generic title a Dragon Ball film could possibly get.

Check the original titles for most of the DBZ movies.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

Petiso posted:

Ahaha yeah nevermind, "Mystical Great Adventure" wins. Such a wonderfully vague title.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Petiso posted:

If Goku can't, who will?

Because that's not on the nose or anything

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Why does King Kai get upset about being dead? He's still on his planet with his dope rear end car and monkey. He seems fine to me.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Agoat posted:

Why does King Kai get upset about being dead? He's still on his planet with his dope rear end car and monkey. He seems fine to me.

1.) I imagine it still hurt to get blown the gently caress up.
2.) It's the principle of the matter. He's an important dude, he's not supposed to have to worry about exploding crickets and poo poo.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Agoat posted:

Because the other Kai's make fun of him.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Wouldn't it be the same with Supreme Kai then? We know Kais just get halos, wouldn't he just pop back up in Otherworld and be able to continue his reign?

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Spiritus Nox posted:

1.) I imagine it still hurt to get blown the gently caress up.
2.) It's the principle of the matter. He's an important dude, he's not supposed to have to worry about exploding crickets and poo poo.

I was asking about in Super how he wants to be revived even though he won't actually go anywhere.

Rutibex posted:

Because the other Kai's make fun of him.

This is what I was looking for. I love that the supposed Gods of Dragonball are as petty as humans.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

New Leaf posted:

Wouldn't it be the same with Supreme Kai then? We know Kais just get halos, wouldn't he just pop back up in Otherworld and be able to continue his reign?

Yes, that literally already happened:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xm9KaJG1EnY&t=115s

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Oct 5, 2016

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Anyone else hope that Son "Black" "Zamasu" Goku will kill all of the filthy ningens?

He has some good ideas IMO.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Raxivace posted:

Anyone else hope that Son "Black" "Zamasu" Goku will kill all of the filthy ningens?

Go back to bed, Zamasu.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

Go back to bed, Zamasu.
You're going to really like the tea I make you tomorrow.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I hope that Gowasu "xXxGowasu420xXx" Kaioshin defeats Zamasu.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Raxivace posted:

I dunno, man, I hear his body is actually mortal, he needs to release his birth certificate.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I dunno, man, I hear his body is actually mortal, he needs to release his birth certificate.

In that case shame on a ningen who try to run game on a ningen.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Hey, hey, Ningen Fucker!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks

Agoat posted:

The dude who killed him keeps coming over to hang out, eat his food, break his stuff then bail whenever he sees fit.

• Locked thread