Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I'm so glad Microsoft decided to bring Xbox games to Windows. All this bitching about the game not working overtaking the thread is so worth it. Can't wait for the rest of their games to come out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Be fair. Almost no one wants to complain about the game not working. Most everyone would rather just play the game without issues and have fun. Microsoft really does poo poo the bed quite spectacularly. Whomever it was upthread who said, essentially, "I expect all PC releases, even the big ones, to be an absolute dumpster fire at launch" hit the nail on the head. It's one of the contributing factors to my focus on console gaming (though I hate consoles for FPS games).

It's nice to see you around, T1g4h. I hope you're having a good time.

T1g4h and I made complementary Country Squire liveries once (a hearse and an ambulance) and met up for a photo session:

I checked Wiki and was sad to see there is no Howdy County in the U.S. Lots of Howards.

VV We are the best at bitching. We bitch the best. Amazing bitching! Bitchin' bitching! VV

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Oct 4, 2016

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

ah the classic bitching about bitching.

this game is really good and i surprisingly haven't had any crashes since the first boot and it looks gorgeous. hope they can get the performance sorted out a bit, especially on the upgrades screens it freezes up for seconds.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
Well I have to say, the only real disappointment in Forza Horizon 3 is the Blueprints tool. When I heard about it, I thought you'd be able to create your own races by plopping checkpoints down manually. Instead, we basically just get to pick whatever class car we want instead of picking it from a list. Super lame and not even fun or worthwhile to use. 80% of the events created by my friends are "anything goes" events.

What would have been so hard about adding a race creator? The old Midnight Club games on PS2 had that feature and even my copy of Rally Cross 2 for Playstation 1 can loving do it. Let us make our own races, Turn 10 :colbert:

barnold fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Oct 4, 2016

DELETED
Nov 14, 2004
Disgruntled
It wouldn't be Australia if you didn't hoon

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Those weeds aren't respecting the shadow layer. :argh:

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Is anyone not able to join co-op campaign games on XB1? I am able to do online adventure, but can never find co-op campaign matches.
Can't seem to find any way to fix it. Reset my modem, router, mac address, didn't help.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Everything works brilliantly in every situation EXCEPT I can't play the groove music in the in-game radio, so I am forced to use the Xbox Groove Music Officially Licensed App™ to stream my napster-era perfectly legally acquired MP3s, but that means I can't control them without snapping out to the other app.

It's slick to have the option to have it run through the in-game radio/sound system, but I prefer the old method on the 360 better where you could just access the entire network's collection of music without having to upload each track/designate them as being in ~*The cloud*~ individually. Especially since it doesn't work right that I can tell.

Anyone else able to play their own (non-subscriber) Groove music successfully in the game's radio? It gives me a "Please check that you're connected to the network" error that never goes away when I select that radio station. I am connected to the network because the same music plays fine in the background using the app.

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

I bought the Ultimate Edition three days ago and I'm still trying to download this poo poo onto my PC. Jesus christ Microsoft.

DELETED
Nov 14, 2004
Disgruntled

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Those weeds aren't respecting the shadow layer. :argh:

Forza Horizon 3: shade weeds everyday :350:

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
The selection of user created designs in this game are really impressive even if they are just a compilation of years and years worth of submissions.

Morohoshi's Lambos are about as close as I've seen irl cars look like they'd be fit for a Horizon festival:

Rally Celica:

oh, also:

:iia:

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

CapnBry posted:

I have a Thrustmaster TMX that I got for playing this game and I have a few questions
  • Why the hell are all the in-game buttons labeled 1-2-3-4-etc and sometimes it says 1 but it means 3 I can't understand what buttons to press!
  • Is it just me or does everyone oversteer like a mofo with the default settings? I set my steering linearity down to 35 and I am still weaving back and forth. Are there some sweet spot settings?
  • The biggest one: The force feedback seems to just make the force needed to turn the wheel hard at low speeds and easy at high speeds. The last game I played with a force feedback wheel was Need For Speed: Porsche Unleashed and that had a pretty good system where you could feel in the wheel how the tires were gripping. In this I feel like the whole algorithm is "You're doing 100 MPH that's a 4 on the force, now vibrate because you drove through a tree".
  • Is there anything free I can use to stream to Twitch? OBS is my go-to but it can't capture in windowed or fullscreen. I don't have GeForce Experience installed but I guess I can use that if it actually works.
  • Can't I take a screenshot from photo mode like a normal human and access the file rather than uploading it and making it public through the in-game system?

A lot of wheels don't work correctly, my G27 doesn't. From the official forums, the response is 'pound sand' if you're trying to play with anything that doesn't say microsoft on it: http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst70138p2_Logitech-G27-Racing-wheel-doesnt-work.aspx?=

The G27 goes lock to lock in about 45 degrees.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Does anyone have a pretty spreadsheet or layout of all of the cars that I can mark off as I get them?

Im trolling the auction house and forgetting which cars I have.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008
So I was happily playing along before and then had a brown out, the computer turned off abruptly and when I restarted it did some Windows updates, now this all I can get the game to do

Anyone else have the same issue? I really don't want to have to re-download 50gb again, it took close to 24 hours last time.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
If your game is continuously crashing sometimes you gotta ctrl+alt+del and kill a few side programs that are fuckin up your day. Things like the xbox app and nvidia sometimes need to be forced to quit before the game will work again.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Ether Frenzy posted:

Anyone else able to play their own (non-subscriber) Groove music successfully in the game's radio? It gives me a "Please check that you're connected to the network" error that never goes away when I select that radio station. I am connected to the network because the same music plays fine in the background using the app.

Groove in-game is terrible, its like listening to scratched disks.
You have to assign it a groove app playlist to play, you make a playlist in groove, then assign that playlist in the game's settings.

If you're on the bone, just use Groove in the background. You get better volume control, the ability to skip, the ability to shuffle AND the music isn't going to randomly stutter through songs.

So I had an interesting experience.
Basically, I just did 10 laps of Goliath. In a stock Alfa Romeo Stradale.
Each lap takes me around 14 minutes.
I have rewind on.

Somewhere between an hour and and hour and a half in, you stop seeing the rewind. It just magicks you back under cover of blackscreen.
Somewhere around two hours in, that isn't taking you back one rewind. It's more like two or three.
At two hours fifteen minutes, it took me back 5 rewinds. And took the AI back one.
At about two and a half hours it just totally stops working.

TL;DR rewind doesn't like long races.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
There's a patch coming today.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Dr. Faustus posted:

Be fair. Almost no one wants to complain about the game not working. Most everyone would rather just play the game without issues and have fun. Microsoft really does poo poo the bed quite spectacularly. Whomever it was upthread who said, essentially, "I expect all PC releases, even the big ones, to be an absolute dumpster fire at launch" hit the nail on the head. It's one of the contributing factors to my focus on console gaming (though I hate consoles for FPS games).

There's also the fact that people don't tend to post about things that are working as expected. The only real problem I've had was the DLC not working initially during the early release. The performance "problems" I've posted about I'm only experiencing because I'm trying to squeeze every last FPS and bit of detail out of my system. If I run it in "console mode" and lock my framerate all that goes away.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I left the PC gaming world sometime around Forza 3 and never looked back. A $500 build that plays every game on maximum settings for 5-6-7 years, AND its someone elses problem to make it work? Sign me up. (I was briefly tempted back into it with the new VR technology, but i think i'd rather talk to humans than sink into that rabbit hole)

You guys almost had me buying FH3...... Almost....

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
Was there a reason to change the numerics w/r/t tuning, specifically Rollbar settings (? I think ?). I was using the old FM6 tuner to play with a couple cars and they changed it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dr. Faustus posted:

What I don't understand is how does Microsoft of all companies manage to release such garbage ports on their own operating system? Microsoft out of every game developer should be the king of making PC games.

Endbuster
Jan 7, 2013

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

MattD1zzl3 posted:

I left the PC gaming world sometime around Forza 3 and never looked back. A $500 build that plays every game on maximum settings for 5-6-7 years, AND its someone elses problem to make it work? Sign me up. (I was briefly tempted back into it with the new VR technology, but i think i'd rather talk to humans than sink into that rabbit hole)

You guys almost had me buying FH3...... Almost....

You're kidding, right? PC gaming is better than its ever been and for 500 bucks I can build a desktop that will smoke the everliving poo poo out of an xbox one. Also, I have a 4 year old videocard in a machine that will outlive the xbone. How's that for future proofing.

"every game on maximum settings for 5-6-7 years"

Just, no. Absolutely not. PC will always run poo poo smoother and better than a console.

I mean, I'm not going to bash on you if you decided you'd rather trade heartache and horsepower for ease of use, but let's not kid ourselves... PC gaming is far superior to any experience on a console.

The release of FH3 does have me thinking, though. At some point the gaming industry decided it was okay to release big turds. I think it might have something to do with the pre-order market? Back when you could pre order games for a console, and not a PC, I think we had a hell of a lot less lovely releases for PC.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I'm having a good experience on pc :shrug:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Endbuster posted:

You're kidding, right? PC gaming is better than its ever been and for 500 bucks I can build a desktop that will smoke the everliving poo poo out of an xbox one.

lol a current gen graphics card is more then $500. The CPU alone that you are going to need is over $200. Cut it out with this complete and utter horseshit.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Yeah to be fair I have a videocard worth more than I payed for a launch Xbox one.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Endbuster posted:

The release of FH3 does have me thinking, though. At some point the gaming industry decided it was okay to release big turds. I think it might have something to do with the pre-order market? Back when you could pre order games for a console, and not a PC, I think we had a hell of a lot less lovely releases for PC.

Ive been forming a theory about this for a while now. Goonsay alert :goonsay:

Turok 1 on N64 cost something like $69.99 new, and today something that simple can run in your browser on flash. In 2016 money thats over $100. The size of a massive AAA development team for a sure-thing success (Zelda:Majoras Mask) back in the day was about 35 people. Playground games making Horizon 2 (a relatively niche spinoff) employed between 100 and 200 people. Since the budget is so much more money, they need to make sure to spend the budget again on advertising, tie-ins and gimmicks to make sure you know it is being released. A paragraph in nintendo power is no longer high profile enough. Game development companies need to make up all this extra overhead somehow, and i am sure would love for you to pay $250-$300 for the privilege of Horizon 3.

But unlike 1998, you could play an old game instead, or a game on your phone, masturbate to anime or maybe just browse the forums. The increase in competition for your attention means that software devs need to keep prices low to keep you playing. I think that all these factors together explain both the rushed, incomplete nature of modern games AND the money-grubbing DLC and Microtransaction models we see. Its cheaper to keep that big team together only as long as possible to sort of finish the game and let everyone go but a skeleton crew to finish the game. Dont forget to pick up that $60 "DLC season pass" which used to either come with the game at launch or be patched in for free.

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Oct 4, 2016

TriggerHappy
Mar 14, 2007

I said come in! posted:

lol a current gen graphics card is more then $500. The CPU alone that you are going to need is over $200. Cut it out with this complete and utter horseshit.

lol if you think you need a current gen graphics card to smoke an xbox one.

Oh wait, I forgot your awful gimmick.

On topic, are the patch notes available anywhere?

Sebastian Flyte
Jun 27, 2003

Golly

TriggerHappy posted:

Yes

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst74716_Forza-Horizon-3-10-4-16-Update-Release-Notes.aspx

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

TriggerHappy posted:

lol if you think you need a current gen graphics card to smoke an xbox one.

Oh wait, I forgot your awful gimmick.

You do need a current gen to smoke it on fh3 since the port performs poorly

Endbuster
Jan 7, 2013

I said come in! posted:

Weow. Uh naw man. Here is an example of why you're uninformed about the subject. Quit your bullshit about prices you clearly don't understand.

Look at this hard to believe reasonably price gaming computer: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/crkDZ8

Stop believing the lies that IGN feeds you and free your mind. I can understand it if PC gaming seems hard and complex but the computer I linked in the above is much faster than an Xbone.

Endbuster
Jan 7, 2013

ethanol posted:

Or, like my wife, dosent perform at all.

TriggerHappy
Mar 14, 2007

ethanol posted:

Hopefully the patch helps with this.

Also, do we even know what settings to use on PC to equal an XBox One's graphical fidelity? If it's locked at 30FPS with medium detail settings, I can see a $200 graphics card doing the job.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

I said come in! posted:

A current gen graphics card capable of maxing out this game can be had for $230 (6gb gtx 1060) but I don't think anyone was claiming that a current PC would best an Xbox one at the cost of an Xbox one so I don't get where the "horseshit" is. Actually now that I can see who I'm responding to maybe I do see the source of the horseshit.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Maybe they could have put the 10 a.m. (pacific) release time on the front page so I and others could easily find out when the patch is supposed to be available.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Are y'all now realizing that ISCI! is a garbage person?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Anyway, I hope this patch shores up those PC issues. I'm looking forward to playing some tonight.

TriggerHappy
Mar 14, 2007

Same. I'm still enjoying the game a lot, but the stuttering is getting annoying.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

I really considered getting an external SSD to put Win10 on (don't try to put Win10 on a separate partition from your primary Win7 install, learn from my mistakes), but I'm pretty happy I decided to go the Xbone route instead based on this thread. God Win10 is trash.

Thief posted:

Rally Celica:

There is also a rad Ivan "Iron Man" Stewart scheme for the Trophy Truck. Pretty much this exact livery:

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I haven't played a racing game in 15 or so years. Picked this up on an impulse buy during the Target $20 thing.

This game rules. I like making the cars go fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Cygni posted:

I really considered getting an external SSD to put Win10 on (don't try to put Win10 on a separate partition from your primary Win7 install, learn from my mistakes), but I'm pretty happy I decided to go the Xbone route instead based on this thread. God Win10 is trash.

It's really not. There are more people happily playing FH3 on PC than there are people having problems. And windows 10 is actually pretty good. I haven't had any problems with it since I built my machine 2 months ago, aside from an activation issue due to a drastic hardware change that would have been a problem in Windows 7 as well.

• Locked thread