Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Q_res posted:

No, I remember reading the article when that car was built, The chassis and everything underneath the body panels is 100% Ford GT. Everything.

No, it's the rear half of the GT's frame installed within the Five Hundred's frame, because of how narrow the GT's is. And there's a lot more to it, so here's a good article about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Godholio posted:

No, it's the rear half of the GT's frame installed within the Five Hundred's frame, because of how narrow the GT's is. And there's a lot more to it, so here's a good article about it.
For college students, I really don't have any problem with it, and it's pretty cool. If someone over here did the equivalent (Mondeo with Noble M400 underpinnings?) it'd be cool as hell, so why not?

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Godholio posted:

My mistake.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Someone is seriously trying to say 500 that has had a big fuckoff engine dumped into the backseat area is not amazing? And quibbling about the looks?????

Really? Come on WTF that 500 is amazing

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Someone is seriously trying to say 500 that has had a big fuckoff engine dumped into the backseat area is not amazing? And quibbling about the looks?????

Really? Come on WTF that 500 is amazing
In fairness, it's almost ugly enough to offset the awesome.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Almost as shocking is that it came with about 200 hp from the factory. Yikes. No wonder they sold like poo poo.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Hey retards, until theres better builds than a mid engined sedan in ai, shut the gently caress up about it. Its awesome that someone did it. period.

More awesome poo poo:
http://www.wastelandweekend.com/

Wanna complain? GET. OUT.

cursedshitbox fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Oct 1, 2016

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

InitialDave posted:

In fairness, it's almost ugly enough to offset the awesome.

No, not in fairness at all. If it's ugly, that just makes it more amazing. "Well that looks like a piece of..... HOLY CRAP WHAT THE EVER LIVING gently caress??????"

cursedshitbox posted:

Hey retards, until theres better builds than a mid engined sedan in ai, shut the gently caress up about it. Its awesome that someone did it. period.

More awesome poo poo:
http://www.wastelandweekend.com/

Wanna complain? GET. OUT.

I'd like to stay, ep with that. What the......!!!!!!!! That's flat out amazing.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

Bolt a board to the front and this would be great for taking a car to Bonneville.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Holy poo poo that's amazing.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
I can't believe someone made a loving War Rig.

:perfect:

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

I'm more impressed by that Lord Humongous car. Looks pretty good.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

xzzy posted:

We've just been spoiled by a lot of epic shop builds lately. The bar has been raised.

What's the status of the minivan race car that was posted a few weeks ago?

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Isn't there a goon that goes to that? He had a thread about his "minimalistic" beetle that he wanted to get going enough to go to that.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

beep-beep car is go posted:

Isn't there a goon that goes to that? He had a thread about his "minimalistic" beetle that he wanted to get going enough to go to that.

I think it went about how the ranger offroad build thread did :sigh:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

its like a super close cousin to my truck. its so much :kimchi:
The spouse wants to go next year

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

beep-beep car is go posted:

Not sure but I have a friend down here who goes every year and has made it seem really cool - I have a truck I'm rebuilding but I want it to have resale value otherwise I'd be turning it into a mad max machine myself

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
This looked pretty good

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Wasabi the J posted:

What's the status of the minivan race car that was posted a few weeks ago?

He "finished" it... took 2nd in his class in an autox (31st overall, but he didn't say out of how many entrants), and it was a 16.476 in the 1/4.

Worst part is the paint job they gave it :(

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/1996-chevy-lumina-apv-gtp-2016-soccer-mom-challeng/107614/page9/

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

`Nemesis posted:

He "finished" it... took 2nd in his class in an autox (31st overall, but he didn't say out of how many entrants), and it was a 16.476 in the 1/4.

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/1996-chevy-lumina-apv-gtp-2016-soccer-mom-challeng/107614/page9/

This is why you never go full retard.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

So Wasteland is basically one big post-apocalyptic cosplay party?

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJh2C7QQQ14

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Collateral Damage posted:

Out in the desert close to California City, itself a wasteland of a community that was built and then abandoned halfway through construction.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

`Nemesis posted:

Sorry, stormtrooper helmet is awesome. I think someone else already did a Dustbuster cosplay vehicle for LeMons.

That's not the dude's first rodeo either, next year it will be faster.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Collateral Damage posted:

Yeah, basically. I'm facebook friends with some people that went, but they ape the 80's, steampunk and wasteland poo poo so hard it puts me off the event. So basically nerds ruin everything/I hate fun.

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:

`Nemesis posted:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Sorry, stormtrooper helmet is awesome.

I had no idea that's what it was supposed to be.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Godholio posted:

I had no idea that's what it was supposed to be.

No one did, that's why it's a stupid paint job. I thought it was a handlebar mustache as well.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Slim Pickens posted:

Yeah, basically. I'm facebook friends with some people that went, but they ape the 80's, steampunk and wasteland poo poo so hard it puts me off the event. So basically nerds ruin everything/I hate fun.

Yeah if it was less about cosplay/larp and more about actually building/doing cool things, it might actually be interesting. But there's a super low speed limit, and you can't even bring a flamethrower or blow anything up or anything. Seems to miss what exactly is attractive about the mad max films they're pulling from.

That said, I've never been, so maybe it's actually cool and good??

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
I grew up in dustbusters and I had to endure my mother having a G6 GT in highschool. I think that build is about the best thing ever conceived.

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer
Some pictures from a recent junkyard trip.

I really regret not snagging this engine, but I really have no use for it. I should have at least grabbed the blower.

A strangely intact 3000GT VR-4. I know they get a lot of hate, but the TT versions are still pretty sought after. I have to assume this was a parts car that got dropped off, but then I feel like it wouldn't have a nearly complete engine and Getrag transmission.

Weren't we just talking about these recently? Shame this one is at a yard. It looks like it's in great shape. Manual too.

There was a dent on the quarter panel, but otherwise a decent condition rust free CRX.

Edit: poo poo I just realized this is the Awesome pics thread instead of the chat thread. Oh well. Enjoy some awesome junkyard pics.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That CRX is cleaner than the ones I see on the road.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011
I envy your yards having what looks like concrete or hard dirt ground. Around here it's sharp goddamned rocks.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

http://www.engineswapdepot.com/?p=12010

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

I wonder what happened to the original engine. I assume it was stuffed, they put those things into Boxsters for a very fun ride.

Speaking of fun, have some fun with weight distribution.

http://i.imgur.com/dYz2tCE.gifv

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Memento posted:

I wonder what happened to the original engine. I assume it was stuffed, they put those things into Boxsters for a very fun ride.

Speaking of fun, have some fun with weight distribution.

http://i.imgur.com/dYz2tCE.gifv

Haha this thing is awesome. No wonder U-Haul has no money to spend on their staff, trailers, rental trucks or general business upkeep if they're all loving around with this all day.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Pretty sure that's from a trade show, table of flyers in the background and the demonstrator is badged.

I love the choice of tow vehicle.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

BoostCreep posted:

Some pictures from a recent junkyard trip.

Weren't we just talking about these recently? Shame this one is at a yard. It looks like it's in great shape. Manual too.

This make me incredibly sad. The Ur-Quattro and it's close descendants are my favorite cars.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
Spoiler alert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Funzo posted:

This make me incredibly sad. The Ur-Quattro and it's close descendants are my favorite cars.

CGTs are junk cars, this thing is finally where it should be