Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Riso posted:

Lewis never had to drive absolute garbage cars while Nando put a Minardi into the points.

I'd love a set of off-season races where all the drivers drove all of last years cars from different teams in timed sessions with identical settings/options drawn from the ones used by the team driver(s) from the previous season.

I think it would be hugely revealing about how much is driver and how much is car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

EoRaptor posted:

I'd love a set of off-season races where all the drivers drove all of last years cars from different teams in timed sessions with identical settings/options drawn from the ones used by the team driver(s) from the previous season.

I think it would be hugely revealing about how much is driver and how much is car.

This is way too complicated. Just stick them all in the same reasonably priced car and get them to do a full race weekend.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

EoRaptor posted:

Off season races in general are something i'd like to see a lot more of. Especially if the in-season rules were relaxed for testing, or somehow allowed young drivers to get more mileage.

Cactrot posted:

We stole that one back, it's called Indigenous People's day around here.

gently caress Columbus.

Sorry, i cant hear you over the sound of all the native corpses. Deus Vult!

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Riso posted:

Lewis never had to drive absolute garbage cars while Nando put a Minardi into the points.

In the old system too.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Riso posted:

:confused: lewis drove at mclaren for six years

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

wicka posted:

:confused: lewis drove at mclaren for six years
Yeah but Lewis went through their driver program didn't he? He was kinda married to them. Nando on the other hand CHOSE to jump into the shittiest car in F1. Nando has balls of steel.

Also I want Nico to WDC up because his dad was awesome but he's clearly not awesome. I feel bad for the guy, throw him a bone or something.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The closest you could get to calling a car he drove bad would be the MP4-24 and that really wasn't terrible in the grand scheme of things.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Also I want Nico to WDC up because his dad was awesome but he's clearly not awesome. I feel bad for the guy, throw him a bone or something.

if you're saying we should interpret a potential nico WDC as a second WDC for keke then i am absolutely down with that

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I've loving been screaming that for months now.

This is for Keke.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Just washed the top three posters in this thread through a markov generator (will do it again for the top 10 at the end of the season)

Wicka (800 posts)

quote:

mercedes kept a lot differently. they've both done a lot of people who can't build engines." in 2014
ban riso-to-forums telemetry
most of them go near the sidepod area traditionally reserved for the title, but neither is anyone else, and at best it adds nothing to improve the racing? just one? anybody? this should even be a safety improvement. you are acting like rn. jesus.
i'm like 99% sure i've seen video of alonso's crash
I'm really sorry about all the way down the straights. with active aero you don't want to be to say this time?
they're drivers, not engineers. this childish rule change has provably done nothing but ruin drivers' races for no real reason.
F1's leicester city
"disconnected view of reality" aka not an insane personOK sure thanks
alonso leaving ferrari is starting to run out of their control. banning ALL chatter still maintains this problem. the solution to any problem you've fabricated in your mind."make F1 great again" isn't a debate, you misread the article.http://www.autosport.com/news/repor...on-topend-speed
completely off topic, but if they're really going back to the internet, only the inherent corruption in FOM has meant they've kept making their money through traditional broadcast means just a waste of breath.that's fair. i think that, for the demo run

1500quidporsche (1416 posts)

quote:

McLaren could realistically finish higher than the Mercs without blowing up and he knew what he did in that engine is worse than North Korea in my opinion. The front end of every minor aspect of the day throwing large sums of cash to put any effort in.
I honestly want him to the glory years of Mercedes-Reich over another shitcrappen win.
Massa needs a race ban is in trouble.
Hell link the 2017 regulations which state this.
I'm almost certain something was lost in translation and he's referencing the power down. The turbo lag and just build a mercedes like engine from the tail end of 97. There are a number two driver compared to last year.
Is this true? I've never heard this before.
The only way you're going to be a rolling test and troubleshooting the new KIA/Hyundai n-word performance Formula One team.
I'd be furious if I was serious about doing it a while back but the higher you rev the engine becomes. I mean they would've won if it was an easy loophole, but I also don't think he gets a penalty at this point is beyond me. He loving just dive bombs people, it's not somebody who posts in here like F-e otherwise it won't stay active enough.
My understanding is that keeping costs down? At that point you have to watch the whole ten yards in one race and then weaving about like a good champion"-poo poo people actually say at the end of that beyond mandating minimum cooling requirements for the young demographic make me mad. Anybody can record clips of rustling leaves over 9 months then assemble them on a weekly basis six months away and they're going to run with much less leave my bed other than being a full goon on. I think it was ever going to be on par with Mercedes next race.
My issue is closed."*Twenty million new posts debating the issue*

learnincurve (1607 posts)

quote:

Another article with rather more probables and considerings http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/r...nish-gp-733475/
Nice to see how our dads post check any article on motorsport.com related to the grid. Come on ocon do your job.
For fucks sake Brundle, Lewis could see he was bag of dicks.
So long as I could get it back down again because he hadn't been in the hope that they took the data starting from the pits.
The best part has always been a hell of a second massive tirade against internet conspiracy theorists. http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/m...eorists-732713/I'm not sure if this is some A game Ronspeak here, he started with "we are telling you it's not the European way.Football is far more than 0.2 seconds per lap.http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/m...per-lap-790152/
Oh Ferrari
Brundle trying to look forward to getting up at Monza is a respected artist in Australia among a certain speed and lap time records have to quit F1 if test plan not agreed on was our prime minister's father, and in a mode which is what makes Todt so drat hypocritical now. Ferrari owned the sport totally unrelated to this one.
Ted tried to use it coming out of everything and tell Red Bull and Renault had a get out of thin air. Pirelli need at least Nico will have so many clauses in the grandstands are going for him. I'd say if anyone will let them heal on their own, not because of your bosses who won a WDC with the most awkward grid walk could not give a gently caress if it's not F1's fault. A big issue for me and the works teams are still developing the crash structure and helmets.edit: jet fighter style canopy is going to gently caress off.
You know that Greece has defaulted again and managed to go into another SAS thread and say "OK this red bull internal meaning is awesome.
I hope you are a bunch of lunatics when it flips back. .

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I need a new job jfc.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Panic Defense posted:

Just washed the top three posters in this thread through a markov generator (will do it again for the top 10 at the end of the season)

Wicka (800 posts)

1500quidporsche (1416 posts)

"ban riso-to-forums telemetry" i don't remember posting this but it's p funny. no offense riso, i must've been melting down at the time (see left).

also what the heck is a markov generator

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Panic Defense posted:

I can't tell the difference??

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

ImplicitAssembler posted:

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

wicka posted:

"ban riso-to-forums telemetry" i don't remember posting this but it's p funny. no offense riso, i must've been melting down at the time (see left).

Just take your pills wicka.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

ImplicitAssembler posted:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

also what the heck is a markov generator

It's how Joes Award writes his blog.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

ImplicitAssembler and norns posted:

I hope you are a bunch of lunatics when it flips back

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

MZ posted:

This is way too complicated. Just stick them all in the same reasonably priced car and get them to do a full race weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZfXr1eESMs

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Riso posted:

Just take your pills wicka.

my automopills?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/ChrisMedlandF1/status/783312608711548928

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I now hate Kvyat and Nasr the least.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Both Lewis and Nico's choices are horrific.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
I don't know what I love more, how diplomatic they all were, or that some couldn't think of three songs to name

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Man that's dad rock central there except for Lewis and Are Dan

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

learnincurve posted:

I hope you are a bunch of lunatics when it flips back

All my lovely posts are kinda like white noise anyway

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Drivers pick their favourite driving songs for Suzuka

Everyone: Uhhh... Turning Japanese?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

HJB posted:

I bet there is at least one driver who is real into anime

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

HJB posted:

That's pretty easy - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCwpypclOYA

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

EoRaptor posted:

Lewis is very narcissistic, and that turns a bunch of people off. He also externalizes a lot of problems he is at least partially responsible for, which is also kind of offensive.

Narcissism sure, but I think the root cause is severe insecurity.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I am sure I have seen that fernando is an anime fan.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Why do so many of them like "Born in the USA"

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

HJB posted:

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'm going to be sitting at the S curves in Suzuka.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

pik_d posted:

Why do so many of them like "Born in the USA"

Because they think it's a patriotic nationalist song.

Human Grand Prix fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Oct 5, 2016

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Fernando gave the game away by getting a samurai tattooed on his back and I bet Jenson watches Initial D religiously.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Initial D is really good and if you can't appreciate two guys in lovely 1980s Toyotas racing down a hill you ain't got no soul.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

An 80s japanese car ruined my life.

F1DriverQuidenBerg fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Oct 5, 2016

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

An 80s japanese car This thread ruined my life.

Same, man. Same. :smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Jolyon Palmer had the best choice on there.

• Locked thread