Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xun
Apr 25, 2010

welp I guess the argument will end with people telling the angry minority to shut up and deal with casual racism :thumbsup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
I would honestly like a few more full-coverage skirts, in addition to the backwards aprons.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Lonk posted:

Add both places. Problems solved and racism is now over. I did it I did the thing yay me.

You're the drips left over when a coprophile necromancer animated Arus the Known Poop Golem

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Xun posted:

Welp guess my concerns about this poo poo is totally invalid because I'm a ~sjw~. How dare I get pissed off about racism with a side of telling women how to dress!

It's invalid because 100% of the poo poo you got butthurt over is just a loving joke. maybe if you didn't have a massive stick up your rear end you'd have more fun in life. :iiam:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Xun posted:

welp I guess the argument will end with people telling the angry minority to shut up and deal with casual racism :thumbsup:

usually seems to be how it turns out, followed by someone posting that same IASIP clip for some stupid reason

Bieeardo posted:

I would honestly like a few more full-coverage skirts, in addition to the backwards aprons.

making armor is hard -anet

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

I love the Chinese. They're great people. I have dozens of Chinese people in my guild. Great raiders, some of the best raiders in the game. Ask anyone.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

lucifirius posted:

It's invalid because 100% of the poo poo you got butthurt over is just a loving joke. maybe if you didn't have a massive stick up your rear end you'd have more fun in life. :iiam:

So do they let people like you out unsupervised or is your guardian also a clueless bigot?

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Xun posted:

I'm a black asian with native american ancestry, please shut up and deal with life.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

How about you guys go make another thread to talk about racism in videogames, I'm sure that will be very productive and go very well on Something Awful.

Roc
Nov 8, 2010
As long as we are tinfoil hatting on where to go, arena net entered (and won) a piece of art into an E3 game art panel titled Dwarven Valley:

Deldrimor Front here we come

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

CLAM DOWN posted:

How about you guys go make another thread to talk about racism in videogames, I'm sure that will be very productive and go very well on Something Awful.

Nobody's talking about racism in videogames though, the racism is coming from inside the thread

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

gently caress this thread.

On another note, it's Train Tuesday!

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Cantha ruled. The crazy ramshackle slums would be super awesome in GW2 what with jumping and all. Nightfall was cool, but...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxmkAoLC6_4

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Baron Snow posted:

Cantha ruled. The crazy ramshackle slums would be super awesome in GW2 what with jumping and all. Nightfall was cool, but...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxmkAoLC6_4

We might have gotten Kormir out of Nightfall, but we also got Koss :swoon:

vvv what the gently caress are you talking about

CLAM DOWN fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Oct 4, 2016

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Haha that was just a racist joke haha see so funny

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

everyone who was mad about kormir getting that position at the end of nightfall should have just gotten it instead and had their character deleted because of it because there's no way you'd be allowed to keep using it if they're now a god

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Johnny Joestar posted:

everyone who was mad about kormir getting that position at the end of nightfall should have just gotten it instead and had their character deleted because of it because there's no way you'd be allowed to keep using it if they're now a god

I don't really think we should have gotten it but it was kind of a pain for the story in the end to have been about the npc and we were just some chumps along for the ride. Stories for multiplayer online games are a pain that way though.

In retrospect, I actually think Factions might have had the most effective overall story in that regard, given it also lacks the every-five-minutes "surprise you've been working for the bad guys, again" of Prophecies. Even if I like Nightfall better overall.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

neongrey posted:

I don't really think we should have gotten it but it was kind of a pain for the story in the end to have been about the npc and we were just some chumps along for the ride. Stories for multiplayer online games are a pain that way though.

yeah, for some reason i saw a lot of people saying that they should have gotten it instead, and that's...pretty ??? in general. i think guild wars 2 is way worse about it than nightfall ever was, because tree jesus is just some random gently caress that most of the races don't even remotely know for part of the game who has some mystic vision about being the savior of the world. at least kormir had more of an actual sort of story going on.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z36Xadupn5c

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

:effort:

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Yea why don't the lesser races just grin and bear it to avoid upsetting me? :confused:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Can we please talk about guild wars in the guild wars thread and not this lovely derail? Pretty please?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Kormir did Nightfall. Foefire can't melt Deldrimor steel ingots.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Only when people stop posting and defending racist jokes

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

best part is it wasn't a funny joke at all, regardless of offensiveness

like, put some effort in, man

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Xun posted:

Or you could not overreact and hold a thread hostage.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Generic Octopus posted:

Or you could not overreact and hold a thread hostage.

or you could use the report function and let the mods figure it out, you know, how this is supposed to go

like, read the past page and tell me how xun has held the thread hostage with like, what, 4 posts? versus how many posts telling her to shut up?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I'm still not sure what this is all about. The original joke was at the expense of white nerds with Asian fetishes. :psyduck:

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

I'm not one to give people poo poo for finding anything at all racist, and goons can get real weird about japan, but 'the people giving poo poo to a large contingent of people playing this game who fetishize asian women are the real racists' is just not a position I understand, honestly.

So nobody's mentioned the real most important part of this update.

quote:

* The autosummoning of miniatures no longer toggles off when a player is gliding while miniatures are being culled by the game server.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

or you could use the report function

That thing I don't have.

like, read the past page and tell me how xun has held the thread hostage with like, what, 4 posts?

CLAM DOWN posted:

Can we please talk about guild wars in the guild wars thread and not this lovely derail? Pretty please?

Xun posted:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

neongrey post the patch notes, maybe we can get this thread back on topic!!

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm pretty sure at this point the sheer amount of people getting indignant and going SHUT UP constantly have hosed up the thread way more than anything else

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

The best part is it wasn't even racist in the first place, it was making fun of weeaboos and their waifus.

Like literally the only racism I see in that post is towards the fictional race of Canthans, unless we're going to consider Japanophiles-who-will-literally-take-any-generic-Asian-stand-in as a race or something.

edit: beaten by gandlethorpe!

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Generic Octopus posted:

That thing I don't have.

Good taste, common decency, the report button, a functional sense of right and wrong...

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Generic Octopus posted:

That thing I don't have.

How on earth do you not have a report function? There's a button next to quote, with a big red exclamation point on it, that says "report"

and she said it herself, if no one kept posting at her to tell her to shut up we wouldn't be having this conversation. Sorry, dude, you're the one being dumb here. Arus is right, and he was talking to everyone, not just xun, and god dammit now I'm getting sucked into this poo poo.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Schpyder posted:

The best part is it wasn't even racist in the first place, it was making fun of weeaboos and their waifus.

Like literally the only racism I see in that post is towards the fictional race of Canthans, unless we're going to consider Japanophiles-who-will-literally-take-any-generic-Asian-stand-in as a race or something.

edit: beaten by gandlethorpe!

Yup. Please post the patch notes someone quick

How on earth do you not have a report function? There's a button next to quote, with a big red exclamation point on it, that says "report"

It's a platinum only feature to report I'm p sure

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

neongrey posted:

So nobody's mentioned the real most important part of this update.

Oh, thank god. I've missed my little christmas rat.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

people without plat don't have report functions

for instance, there's nothing next to quote for me

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

neongrey post the patch notes, maybe we can get this thread back on topic!!

I mean it's mostly bugfixes and gemstore stuff. Also probably new current event. I gotta get ready for work, someone else can do it.

You, uh, you do know that report is a paid add-on feature of the forums, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

CLAM DOWN posted:

It's a platinum only feature to report I'm p sure

lol god dammit lowtax

• Locked thread