Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Only semi-related, but Wild Horses was on The Meltdown with Jonah and Kumail last night and it was great (starts at 2:20).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
New PSR features Matt Gourley at an all-time blood sugar low. And the Sports Bras sound like the worst women's rec-league basketball team ever

"I'm about to fight a girl, Mark. Correction: I'm about to be beat up by a girl"

beeman
May 7, 2008

rapeface posted:

I need a google alert or something for whenever Hayes and Sean appear on another podcast because that ep of Spont is the best thing I've listened to in months.

Sean is on the newest I4H

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
I started on Bitch Sesh and it's the most amazing window into madness I've ever known. Adding June Diane Raphel to Danielle Schnieder and Casey Wilson is like hitting critical mass for nuclear fission.

beeman posted:

Sean is on the newest I4H
Excellent. I just went back and listened to the one with Sean, Neil Campbell and Dominic A++++ would listen again.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Does anyone remember which Hollywood Handbook it was that had a part where Sean or someone was using the time of recording of the podcast as an alibi

thank you
vvv

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Sep 30, 2016

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Help Im Alive posted:

Does anyone remember which Hollywood Handbook it was that had a part where Sean or someone was using the time of recording of the podcast as an alibi
it was the "handbook east" episode where sean called hayes and tom to tell them some great deals you can get at the 9/11 memorial.

i think sean had an idea of the bit he wanted to do because the ufc fight they discuss was a huge upset but who knows

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

rapeface posted:

I started on Bitch Sesh and it's the most amazing window into madness I've ever known. Adding June Diane Raphel to Danielle Schnieder and Casey Wilson is like hitting critical mass for nuclear fission.

The recent San Pedro drug story was amazing. It's worth watching an ep or two of the housewives shows to get some context on the cast of characters. Not really necessary, the best parts of the show really is the non housewives discussions.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I've never seen a house wives show and never will but started listening to bitch sesh, it's pretty good.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
They also somehow managed to have a pretty good ad, which might be a first for the network

if the show is good too then hell, I'll check it out

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
I tried listening and they just kept mentioning and talking about people from the show?

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Party In My Diapee posted:

I tried listening and they just kept mentioning and talking about people from the show?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Tarranon posted:

They also somehow managed to have a pretty good ad, which might be a first for the network

if the show is good too then hell, I'll check it out

I mean, HH ads are fantastic, and Spont ads can be great if Paul gives a poo poo and makes it into a solid bit and also doesn't go on for 5 minutes per ad.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think he meant the first good ad that's an ad for a podcast

But there was 'this show is sponsored by hollywood handbook, they asked us not to read an ad' on CBB that one time

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Isn't that a Cards Against Humanity thing?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Yes and everybody hates their smug ads.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
Congrats to Hayes, Sean, and Toby Keith Sweat for getting their screenplay made http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/young-pope-teaser-jude-law-934581

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Groucho Marxist posted:

Congrats to Hayes, Sean, and Toby Keith Sweat for getting their screenplay made http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/young-pope-teaser-jude-law-934581

lmao

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Groucho Marxist posted:

hahaha

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Groucho Marxist posted:

If Brian Huskey doesn't have a cameo in this it will be a loving travesty.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Groucho Marxist posted:

Just hope the studio doesn't make too many changes to the script.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
If there's anyone reading this thread who hasn't heard it, it would be irresponsible for me not to post this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmBHitRhGjI

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Just hope the studio doesn't make too many changes to the script.

As long as there's a title card at the end of the final episode that reads "POPES SHOULD GET MARRIED," I think the artistic integrity will be maintained.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Heh, thanks, Christ :smug:

cams
Mar 28, 2003

sean should win an award for being the only person to ever be funny while calling in to a podcast.

literally any podcast that involves phone calls is garbage, except hollywood handbook.

Apex Rogers
Jun 12, 2006

disturbingly functional

cams posted:

sean should win an award for being the only person to ever be funny while calling in to a podcast.

literally any podcast that involves phone calls is garbage, except hollywood handbook.

Man, these eggs are starting to kick in.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
fine, Sean can have phones but Hayes is the best skyper. this is important to me

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Which episode did Sean call into where he got lost and was climbing trees and arguing with people about religion?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

GobiasIndustries posted:

Which episode did Sean call into where he got lost and was climbing trees and arguing with people about religion?

Big Apple Bible

cams
Mar 28, 2003

not to be confused with handbook east where sean called in for about 20 minutes to talk about the great deals you can get at the 9/11 memorial

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

cams posted:

not to be confused with handbook east where sean called in for about 20 minutes to talk about the great deals you can get at the 9/11 memorial

'if you go to the 9/11 museum and tell them you were in the towers during the attacks, they will give you a middling showbiz career for about 7 years'

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Big Apple Bible

Ah that's why I missed it, it doesn't list Scharpling or say Sean's on the phone in the description. Thanks!

cams posted:

This is also a v. good episode.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Help Im Alive posted:

'if you go to the 9/11 museum and tell them you were in the towers during the attacks, they will give you a middling showbiz career for about 7 years'

Ohhh poo poo!

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

That was a pretty good one.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Hey stop meeting my anger with kindness!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

GobiasIndustries posted:

Hey stop meeting my anger with kindness!

...He did that for me?

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
"Stephanie [Allynne], you were on an episode of The League. Did that guy show any signs he hadn't really been involved in 9/11?" is one of my favorite Popcorn Gallery questions.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Help Im Alive posted:

alright, I don't get this one

e: I guess that guy from the league that's not kroll or scheer lied about it? lol

padijun fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Oct 4, 2016

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
The guy who wasn't Kroll, Scheer, Mantzoukis, or who did those funny rap vids 10 years ago on youtube, lied about it for ages but then got drinking with Pauly Shore and he revealed that it was a lie, presumably in confidence, and then Shore went and mentioned it on stage as part of his act.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Squishy posted:

The guy who wasn't Kroll, Scheer, Mantzoukis, or who did those funny rap vids 10 years ago on youtube, lied about it for ages but then got drinking with Pauly Shore and he revealed that it was a lie, presumably in confidence, and then Shore went and mentioned it on stage as part of his act.

To be fair, Jon Lajoie does more than funny rap songs...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qG8iAtpavK4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xoe0rCK7co Also just cause it's a neat idea when you figure out who the song's about.

VVV How did we forget him!?

RoyKeen fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Oct 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

he's also not mark duplass

just to make sure cause no one else mentioned him