Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Getting 8/8 got me a wrestling gif.

http://imgur.com/a/Pb1de

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

oh come on, that second question is just cheating

anyway I did poorly and my takeaway from this is I know Kaine a lot more than Pence and also I am apparently alone in my skepticism on whether or not Mike Pence is actually an organic sentient human being.

Augus fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Oct 4, 2016

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The Expectations game is not going to give Trump the 2nd debate if he does as badly as he did in the first one. And he will do as badly: Remember that our dry run for the debates had Hillary get ambushed about the E-Mails and poo poo on by the moderator, and still come out of it fine, while Trump bickered with the attendees asking him questions and unbidden went off to talk about how he needed to pillage Iraq and also how much he loved Putin. That was a 30 minute town hall with no opponent to attack him back and a friendly moderator. Let's see how he does with 3 times that length and Hillary laying beartraps the whole time.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

Crowsbeak posted:

Who is Bill Mitchell anyways? Whats so important about him that he gets a celebrity status on twitter?

Verification got opened up to normal people fairly recently. Or at least to people with a vested interest in preventing impersonation on twitter.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Lightning Knight posted:

I dunno. I feel kind of bad for her, what with the incest-driven fascist con man for a father, but on the other hand she's not a shining paragon of virtue either and she's still going to come out of it immensely rich and sheltered for life, so...

Like she doesn't deserve constant sexual harassment but outside of that particular issue I'm not going to trip over myself to worry about the well-being of a rich white chick.

She grew up with a legally-invulnerable dad who is probably a violent rapist and makes frequent public comments about her sexual appeal. I'd say her childhood may well have been worse than we know.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
I think this live-tweeting might be a thing by the Trump campaign to force the VP debate into the spotlight to redirect from Trump's scandals. A bold move that might have actually had legs if the person they were redirecting to wasn't Michael "About to Ban the X-Men" Pence.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

YouSpoonyBard posted:

Well tonight just got more interesting!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/783391423663964160

Of course he couldn't let Pence have the spotlight tonight, jesus christ

:laffo:

This is the best election. Provided, of course, that Trump doesn't win.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

djw175 posted:

I think this live-tweeting might be a thing by the Trump campaign to force the VP debate into the spotlight to redirect from Trump's scandals. A bold move that might have actually had legs if the person they were redirecting to wasn't Michael "About to Ban the X-Men" Pence.

Naw, it's simpler. Remember Trump couldn't even let Pence be the spotlight guy at his own *ANNOUNCEMENT*. Trump can't let Pence have the evening, it has to remain about Trump.

The evening remaining about Trump would be super bad for Trump, too.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Oh that's bullshit my 7/8 is under protest.

gently caress that oh you fell for my trap by picking the right answer bullshit.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I'm torn on what to expect from tonight's debate. On one hand, Pence is an actual trained and disciplined politician. On the other hand, he is also a walking talking comic supervillain. I'm also unsure about how many people are aware that Pence will essentially be our real commander in chief if Trump wins the election or how many even care because "who the gently caress is Mike Pence"

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

WeAreTheRomans posted:

She grew up with a legally-invulnerable dad who is probably a violent rapist and makes frequent public comments about her sexual appeal. I'd say her childhood may well have been worse than we know.

Oh absolutely. Her having to grow up with Donald Trump is a travesty. I just think that at this point, what's done is done, and she's going to come out of it rich and important, so what are you going to do? It doesn't justify anything, but I also feel like we should remember that she's not particularly nice herself to people she percieves as lessers. Those two things don't cancel each other out in some kind of elaborate moral calculus though. It's more about viewing her as a whole person independent of her relationship to Donald Trump.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Night10194 posted:

Naw, it's simpler. Remember Trump couldn't even let Pence be the spotlight guy at his own *ANNOUNCEMENT*. Trump can't let Pence have the evening, it has to remain about Trump.

The evening remaining about Trump would be super bad for Trump, too.

I dunno. That tweet doesn't read like Trump wrote it to me. For one he's praising Pence and linking his twitter. As well, he's actually writing like a rational human being. I think that's his campaign doing the redirecting.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Who didn't though

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

One of the replies says out of the 2,000+ reviews, only 64 reviewers actually bought the book. Naturally.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

djw175 posted:

I dunno. That tweet doesn't read like Trump wrote it to me. For one he's praising Pence and linking his twitter. As well, he's actually writing like a rational human being. I think that's his campaign doing the redirecting.

was it sent from IPhone or Android. For some reason I'm apparently the only one in the world who can't see that under people's tweets

YouSpoonyBard
May 10, 2007
You Killed Anna!

Crow Jane posted:

If Kaine does as well as I think he will, Trump makes an rear end of himself, and the Orioles win the wild card game, this may shape up to be a really good night. Two out of three ain't bad, of course, any combination of those will work for me

I believe in Orioles Magic.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Augus posted:

I'm torn on what to expect from tonight's debate. On one hand, Pence is an actual trained and disciplined politician. On the other hand, he is also a walking talking comic supervillain. I'm also unsure about how many people are aware that Pence will essentially be our real commander in chief if Trump wins the election or how many even care because "who the gently caress is Mike Pence"

Mike Pence has repeatedly had to have his crazy bullshit slapped down by judges and is basically Ted Cruz without the animal cunning.

I'm fairly sure Kaine is going to slap the taste out of his mouth.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Augus posted:

was it sent from IPhone or Android. For some reason I'm apparently the only one in the world who can't see that under people's tweets

I can't either. I think that the campaign may have actually turned that tracking feature off for that exact reason.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

TheBigAristotle posted:

One of the replies says out of the 2,000+ reviews, only 64 reviewers actually bought the book. Naturally.

Republicans don't believe in libraries

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Koalas March posted:

Who didn't though

:confused: well my dad was an abusive drunk, but to my knowledge he doesn't go around telling people how much he wants to bone me. I mean, I'm speculating, but yeah...

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Night10194 posted:

Mike Pence has repeatedly had to have his crazy bullshit slapped down by judges and is basically Ted Cruz without the animal cunning.

I'm fairly sure Kaine is going to slap the taste out of his mouth.

I feel like the "you defended criminals when you were a criminal defense lawyer" thing is going to come up and it's gonna be very embarrassing for Pence because Kaine has had responses prepared for this line of attack for pretty much his entire political career.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

ImpAtom posted:

Ohio unfortunately looks pretty comfortably Trump unless Hillary's GOTV tilts things.

To be fair, 538 has it almost at a complete coin toss

One good poll it goes blue

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Augus posted:

I feel like the "you defended criminals when you were a criminal defense lawyer" thing is going to come up and it's gonna be very embarrassing for Pence because Kaine has had responses prepared for this line of attack for pretty much his entire political career.

I hope it comes up because I despise every single person who thinks that lawyers should intentionally throw cases because their client (MAY HAVE) did a bad thing

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo how many other R governors look like comicbook/cartoon villains?

Rick Scott is the tall, skinny, bald o evil.
Pence is the gray haired Hitler underling.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I'm kinda hoping Pence calls Kaine a papist.

I know it won't happen and there's less than 0 indication it would, but it would be the best.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

ImpAtom posted:

I hope it comes up because I despise every single person who thinks that lawyers should intentionally throw cases because their client (MAY HAVE) did a bad thing

I mean, it's hard to reconcile the idea that there's an entire class of lawyers in our justice system that exist to defend people you're taught your whole life are evil, even to the point that they might successfully get someone guilty free and cost a victim their justice. Most people don't have the mental patience to work through how no system is perfect and that we can't just run roughshod over defendants because we'd send more innocent people to jail than we'd allow guilty people to go free, to say nothing of the racism and sexism involved. It's all a nasty, dirty business.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

ImpAtom posted:

rights of the accused is the most important part of our justice system and every time it is turned around for political attacks my heart burns with the righteous fury of a thousand suns

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Gov Bentley looks like an incompetent boss George Costanza would get saddled with, but in reality runs the government more like George Costanza

Eschers Basement
Sep 13, 2007

by exmarx

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Is the country ready for a topless president?

Didn't work out well for Kennedy

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

I tell those people that they have to do it because it means criminals can't make any excuses if they lose, since they had representation.Telling them it's to make Bad Guys Extra Guilty usually works on that kind of idiot, because they are children.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

PhazonLink posted:

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo how many other R governors look like comicbook/cartoon villains?

Rick Scott is the tall, skinny, bald o evil.
Pence is the gray haired Hitler underling.

Paul LePage looks like a Captain Planet villain.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Night10194 posted:

I know it won't happen and there's less than 0 indication it would, but it would be the best.

They're both Papists though. Yeah Pence frankly is more at home in a soulless megachurch but he is a catholic.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Is the country ready for a topless president?

we absolutely need one in order to stay competitive with Russia, now is the time

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Eschers Basement posted:

rack 'em

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Eschers Basement posted:

Jesus

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Night10194 posted:

That would be funny but I think Pence is Catholic as well.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Augus posted:

we absolutely need one in order to stay competitive with Russia, now is the time

We can delegate this particular thing to Canada.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lightning Knight posted:

I mean, it's hard to reconcile the idea that there's an entire class of lawyers in our justice system that exist to defend people you're taught your whole life are evil, even to the point that they might successfully get someone guilty free and cost a victim their justice. Most people don't have the mental patience to work through how no system is perfect and that we can't just run roughshod over defendants because we'd send more innocent people to jail than we'd allow guilty people to go free, to say nothing of the racism and sexism involved. It's all a nasty, dirty business.

I would think that "unjustly accused person" being such a common thing in films/books/TV/ect would give people some basis for at least acknowledging the idea. I know it doesn't but still. :colbert:

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Eschers Basement posted:

:stare: :drat:

Personally, I'm down for a Cory Booker Topless President run. The ladies deserve something too. :getin:

Edit:

quote:

I would think that "unjustly accused person" being such a common thing in films/books/TV/ect would give people some basis for at least acknowledging the idea.

Yeah, but for each "innocent man wrongly accused" narrative, how many lurid stories of bad men getting away with murder with slick lawyers are there? I mean, even OJ wasn't that long ago. Or even now, for some people, look at the police. :ironicat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Augus posted:

• Locked thread