Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Erata: people mad about skorne edition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Yeah I expected more errata with Skorne than the other factions but reexamining the entire thing is neat. Good on them.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
I think we can all agree that it is even better of them because the 4 Skorne players left won't have to buy a new army book to get the eratta'd rules, unlike some game companies would do.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
I am excited. And it gives me time to get menoth out of my system for a few months.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Thank god they are fixing laser throws

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
Yah! Knew this was coming so I didn't jump ship out of cryx to minions. May still order minions though.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Jimmy Hats posted:

Thank god they are fixing laser throws

Yeah I'm not sure what they are going to fix but something needs fixing

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

PaintVagrant posted:

Pretty much this.

As far as the Skorne rebalancing, I am glad they are looking at it. As frustrated as I have been, I hope they don't go too far and make us too powerful. My biggest wishes are somehow fixing support bloat, at least one method for free charges, and maybe something fixed with our infantry.

Knowing a rebalance is coming is somewhat bittersweet though, cause I know the bell rolls for thee, Karax and Makeda3.

Vvvv I dont think they are gonna do a ton of nerfing this errata. I think it's gonna be more about bringing things up than tearing them down.

waah fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Oct 4, 2016

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

I play a decent amount of Skorne (it's 50% of my play time currently) and while I don't think they are as dire for the average player, I would like a more wide amount of models to be decent in Skorne. Moving all the previously decent stuff to bad is probably the worst way to build good will, but even the not good stuff wasn't raised to the level of decent. I'm thinking just little stuff, like maybe getting the old Krea animus back or DEF 12 on titans would be enough to give them a lot of their goodness back. I just want to stop hearing people moan about them more than anything, and I think a few small bones would be enough to do that for the average players, which is the real concern anyway.

I also expect my Ret to have a bunch of stuff hit with the nerf bat, but I didn't invest in anything like the double sentinels ARM skew list, so I should be able to weather it with my one of everything collection strategy.

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

Skorne fix!

:yeah:

S.J.
May 19, 2008

PaintVagrant posted:

I just remember laughing when Keith said throws were worse now on Muse.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Medium based infantry are hot garbage in almost every faction, but especially skorne. So that's room for a fix or significant recosting.

I'd also like to see the MILITARY MIGHT theme actually mean something, like giving all the praetorians mat 7 and being able to move through each other. Or at least cost them effectively. 13/14 melee infantry with no delivery mechanism just do nothing.

As far as beasts, I don't know what the fix is. Beast balance is fuckin weird in mk3. More shooting defense would be nice.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

What will they change with laser throws? Just add the deviation rule to directly-away and target-beyond-throw-distance? Or make throw distance determined by dice? (1/4 str + d3?)

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Deviation on all throws would fix it.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

All medium base inf needs at least +2 arm.

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

Were the merpandas a Skorne mk3.1 playtest? Are sharkpunchez the new rhinodon? Is the abuse caster Morg3? Are furwitches paingivers with AoE removal? Is the manateaur the new Sentinel? Krea could be a blubbercub with the mascot rule.

susan
Jan 14, 2013
A Skornre fix I was brainstorming with my local Meta: What if they took everything in Skornre, every single model and unit, and lowered it's cost 1pt? Their models seem underpowered, but it's all relative to cost. They're a huge army invading Immoren, what if they become a swarm faction instead of an elite unit faction?

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

albany academy posted:

What will they change with laser throws? Just add the deviation rule to directly-away and target-beyond-throw-distance? Or make throw distance determined by dice? (1/4 str + d3?)

I think it's a combination of things:

1. Not allowing a Steady model to activate after being thrown multiple times.
2. Not allowing a model that started the turn knocked down to have a full activation is stood up through means other than focus.
3. Having throws that fail to contact their target or miss the attack roll deviate. Either remove the direct away style throw or just have it always deviate.

I think all 3 *might* be overdoing it, but only slightly. Throwing your own models as a threat extension for them should just be out.

Luebbi
Jul 28, 2000

susan posted:

A Skornre fix I was brainstorming with my local Meta: What if they took everything in Skornre, every single model and unit, and lowered it's cost 1pt? Their models seem underpowered, but it's all relative to cost. They're a huge army invading Immoren, what if they become a swarm faction instead of an elite unit faction?

Your local meta is dumb

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

What if all praetorians and cataphracts had martial discipline and a cost decrease?

Compare a unit of 6 Arcuarii to a unit of 5 flamebringers for cost 17. Ew.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

rkajdi posted:

I think it's a combination of things:

1. Not allowing a Steady model to activate after being thrown multiple times.
2. Not allowing a model that started the turn knocked down to have a full activation is stood up through means other than focus.
3. Having throws that fail to contact their target or miss the attack roll deviate. Either remove the direct away style throw or just have it always deviate.

I think all 3 *might* be overdoing it, but only slightly. Throwing your own models as a threat extension for them should just be out.

Could just make it that a model thrown on your turn has to forfeit its movement, regardless of steady or standing up through jumpstart?

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

Actually I could see the 'adorable' rule on the agonizer. It would be a neat deterrent for enemies who want to scalpel it out.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

albany academy posted:

Could just make it that a model thrown on your turn has to forfeit its movement, regardless of steady or standing up through jumpstart?

Doesn't fix tossing the snake 3 times, having it forfeit its movement and utterly murder whatever high value targets that are within reach.Throwing your own models as threat extension is stupid, not a neat trick worth keeping.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

susan posted:

I took a different slightly more subtle route. My suggestion was to lower the point cost of all minimum units of infantry by one point. If the idea is combined arms then encourage a little of this a little of that. Still doesn't make things OP because minimum units still have issues fit scenario play

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

In my playtesting, I smoked a lot of weed and started hucking skorne models at the table and my opponents army, so I think all of them should go back to being metal and not plastic. That will help them have more of an impact.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

If they could fix the cataphracts enough that I could actually sell them rather than having a vendor refuse to make me an offer because he was worried about insulting me that would be nice.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

See if it was me I would be buying a ton of it for cheap.

That way I can ride the inevitable wave in December when they get reworked

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

I've got two painted max units of Arcuraii. I've also got two more min units of the old metals still in the boxes. I doubt I'll want all of them. Any ideas what I should do with them?

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
I guess Smogcon is the place to be;

http://smogcon.com/2016/10/october-update-special-guests-sneak-peeks-and-secret-models/

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Cataphracts need bricks of text on the back of their cards to justify their DEF and ARM stats. Steady, Relentless Charge, Martial Discipline, Set Defense, Shield Wall, Defensive Line. You want them to be elite, make them loving elite. And increase their STR by 1 - that armor is heavy and it's hella hot in the desert, those guys gotta be ripped.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

GoodBee posted:

I've got two painted max units of Arcuraii. I've also got two more min units of the old metals still in the boxes. I doubt I'll want all of them. Any ideas what I should do with them?

Dont worry they are gonna be stupid with the rebalance. My uncle at Nintendo says so.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

I think it would be fun for Skorne's units to have kind of crappy stats and only one special ability or order but have an absolute poo poo ton of support models. Everything would need to be cheaper though.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
The easiest way to make Skorne viable again is to just increase the Karax unit size to 15 without changing the points cost, obviously. 45 Karax for 33 points seems right, the rest can be cannoneers.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Since they mention the top / bottom 5% models... I dream of a world in which I have a reason to take hammerfall high shields. I've always wanted a useful high armor merc unit, instead of my usual plan of 'put pressgangers on things and hope they roll tough'.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
They can instantly make high shields good just by rolling the UAs abilities into the base unit.

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

Captainicus posted:

Since they mention the top / bottom 5% models... I dream of a world in which I have a reason to take hammerfall high shields. I've always wanted a useful high armor merc unit, instead of my usual plan of 'put pressgangers on things and hope they roll tough'.

It's always bothered me how armour saves "tough" really feels more like "lucky" instead of making the models actually feel hearty in any particular way.

I don't have a better solution. Just something that always struck me as odd.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
How does Beat Back work with Flashing Blade on Shae? Do you pick one model hit to advance towards or are you able to advance 1 inch towards each model you hit one after another?

Basically, wondering if you have two models side by side that you're an inch from, if you can flashing blade both, push them an inch away, then advance directly towards one and inch then towards the other an inch giving him 2 inches of movement.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

Pretty sure it's going to be a cliche nightmare before Christmas faction.

Something to pull in from the malifaux crowd. Like anime elves, conan barbarian hordes, and power Russians...

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen

chutche2 posted:

How does Beat Back work with Flashing Blade on Shae? Do you pick one model hit to advance towards or are you able to advance 1 inch towards each model you hit one after another?

Basically, wondering if you have two models side by side that you're an inch from, if you can flashing blade both, push them an inch away, then advance directly towards one and inch then towards the other an inch giving him 2 inches of movement.

I don't think it does, Beat Back specifies on a Basic Attack so it wouldn't proc on Flashing Blade's attacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

Softface posted:

I don't think it does, Beat Back specifies on a Basic Attack so it wouldn't proc on Flashing Blade's attacks.

Flashing Blade specifies you make basic attacks.

Beat back only works during your combat action though so if you Flashing Blade outside of that it doesn't trigger.