Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
sorry Jessica and Luke are the OTP.

"You let me be inside you" is the statement you make to someone you truly love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Dexo posted:

This but unironically. Jessica/Luke, Claire/Matt, Misty/Danny and Karen/Punisher are the only acceptable relationships tbh.

I also really hate how Claire has to have a romantic relationship with every male hero she meets. It doesn't come across as organic, or her owning her sexuality, it just seems like weak writing.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Dexo posted:

I don't know what otp means but i just meant no to Claire being a gold digger

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Koalas March posted:

This but unironically. Jessica/Luke, Claire/Matt, Misty/Danny and Karen/Punisher are the only acceptable relationships tbh.

I also really hate how Claire has to have a romantic relationship with every male hero she meets. It doesn't come across as organic, or her owning her sexuality, it just seems like weak writing.

Claire's reaction to the coffee line was great, so I was disappointed when the writing kept pushing them together after that.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

site posted:

I don't know what otp means i just meant no to Claire being a gold digger

Fair enough I was mostly posting that for the "cuz when he gets on he'll leave yo rear end for a white girl"

Probably should have picked a better time to start the video. OTP = One True Paring, it's a dumb (relation)shipper term.

Koalas March posted:

I actually agree. Then again I have totally seen women who have a thing with falling in love with emotionally damaged dudes for whatever reason.

Jessica/Luke has always(by always I mean the like 12 or so years they've been together) been a fun paring in the comics. But I dunno if an actual relationship between them works with the characters as they are in the netflix series'

I also hated that Misty and Luke hooked up. It just seemed so unnecessary outside of getting Misty to be embarrassed enough to try and hide him and thus what she did from the police.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Oct 4, 2016

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Dexo posted:

OTP = One True Paring, it's a dumb (relation)shipper term.

Ah okay

Koalas March posted:

Frank shouldn't get with anyone not named Kathryn O'Brien :colbert:

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

site posted:

Frank shouldn't get with anyone not named Kathryn O'Brien :colbert:

I want Barracuda so bad it hurts but for that you need baby Sarah and for that you need Kathryn and for that you need a long period of Frank being alone.

So basically I hope Terry Crews plays Barracuda in season 8 of the Punisher.

Edit: humorous spelling errors

Sgt. Politeness fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Oct 5, 2016

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Also small problem that Frank is currently shipping Karen/Matt.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I could see Ving Rhames as Barracuda.

The problem is that Goran Parlov always drew Barracuda as cartoonishly enormous compared to everyone around him, which wouldn't translate well to live-action without some amount of camera trickery.

Really, if you just did a straight adaptation of broad swaths of the MAX book, you'd get a pretty good TV show. You'd have to substitute somebody else for Nick Fury, though.

Koalas March posted:

The nerd part of me isn't quite down with Claire and Matt, if only because Claire is Luke's ex in the comics.

I get the feeling that they're just trying to do as much as they can with Rosario Dawson in the time they have with her, which is understandable. Rosario Dawson is awesome.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Sgt. Politeness posted:

I want Barracuda so bad it hurts but for that you need baby Sarah and for that you need Kathryn and for that you need a long period of Frank being alone.

So basically I hope Terry Cruz plays Barracuda in season 8 of the Punisher.

I still say netflix could just straight up film max shot by shot minus kitchen Irish and widowmaker and bam 8 seasons in the can easy

Wanderer posted:

I could see Ving Rhames as Barracuda.

The problem is that Goran Parlov always drew Barracuda as cartoonishly enormous compared to everyone around him, which wouldn't translate well to live-action without some amount of camera trickery.

Parlov makes Frank just as big as cuda though so I'm not sure changing that would be a big deal to anybody

site fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Oct 4, 2016

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Sgt. Politeness posted:

So basically I hope Terry Cruz plays Barracuda in season 8 of the Punisher.

I originally misread that as Ted Cruz.

(If you are talking about Terry Crews, then maybe?)

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Jessica and Luke will probably never get together permanently unless one or both of their shows are cancelled (and even then it'll require some navigation through some real logistical hoops), which sucks since their relationship/kid is one of the best in comics, but Luke and Claire are a fine substitute.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Cythereal posted:

Also small problem that Frank is currently shipping Karen/Matt.

please don't remind me karen/matt is a thing that exists

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

Jessica and Luke will probably never get together permanently unless one or both of their shows are cancelled (and even then it'll require some navigation through some real logistical hoops), which sucks since their relationship/kid is one of the best in comics, but Luke and Claire are a fine substitute.

Some people might strongly disagree with me, but I think it is in the best interest for Netflix going forward to merge some combo of JJ, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist in the near future. Keeping them separate when they are all most known and liked for their relationship to Cage is silly and expensive. Also it leaves room for more Daredevil and Punisher on the schedule.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

Frankly I'm still holding out for "Daughters of the Dragon" to go on the schedule.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Wanderer posted:

Frankly I'm still holding out for "Daughters of the Dragon" to go on the schedule.

Yes, please!! I would love to see Misty and Colleen kicking rear end and taking names.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

ToastyPotato posted:

Some people might strongly disagree with me, but I think it is in the best interest for Netflix going forward to merge some combo of JJ, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist in the near future. Keeping them separate when they are all most known and liked for their relationship to Cage is silly and expensive. Also it leaves room for more Daredevil and Punisher on the schedule.

I definitely think a "Jessica and Luke" series would be great, especially since they're both characters that balance each other well and work better together than apart, and obviously Heroes for Hire is when Power Man and Iron Fist were at their best, but I sincerely doubt either will happen. I agree that Daredevil should be cordoned off to its own thing though.

I would appreciate it if they went for a different tonal direction if they started consolidating shows. Like, I'd like to see a Young Avengers Netflix series that isn't About Something or is a giant loving bummer, just a bunch of kids running around bein' heroes, getting into Teen Drama. Or Avengers Academy, which is basically what I just said but at school. Or a She-Hulk series that's just about Jennifer Walters trying to make it as a lawyer while huge and green.

NieR Occomata fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Oct 4, 2016

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ToastyPotato posted:

They can merge Jessica, Luke, and Danny into Heroes for Hire and have Misty and Colleen there. Matt can be like "uh I got a real job, thanks" and keep on his own.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

I definitely think a "Jessica and Luke" series would be great, especially since they're both characters that balance each other well and work better together than apart, and obviously Heroes for Hire is when Power Man and Iron Fist were at their best, but I sincerely doubt either will happen. I agree that Daredevil should be cordoned off to its own thing though.

I would appreciate it if they went for a different tonal direction if they started consolidating shows. Like, I'd like to see a Young Avengers Netflix series that isn't About Something or is a giant loving bummer, just a bunch of kids running around bein' heroes, getting into Teen Drama. Or Avengers Academy, which is basically what I just said but at school. Or a She-Hulk series that's just about Jennifer Walters trying to make it as a lawyer while huge and green.

I could see things potentially spinning off to put Jessica, Luke, and Danny together in one series, and Daredevil and Punisher in another.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Pm/if is gonna end up being a big show with them, misty, colleen and jj and then jj is just gonna have cage here and there and maybe a little bit of Danny

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Koalas March posted:

I thought Claire's relationship with Luke was super organic and made her poo poo with Matt seem forced and boring.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
Holy poo poo, all the episode titles are Gang Starr songs. I feel stupid for not picking up on that sooner.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I picked up on that immediately cuz Moment of Truth is like the dopest jam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lH3hrtp1T84

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
Yeah, I feel dumb for not catching it sooner. In my defense, though, I wasn't really paying attention to the episode titles until I saw "DWYCK" and put it all together.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
My friend got badly injured!

Should we take him to the hospital?

No, I guess I better go kill my parents.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Koalas March posted:

There's nothing wrong with wanting to bang the blind ninja guy and also the giant bulletproof guy.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Can I just say that the fact that the hard drive the doctor pulled the data for Luke Cage really took me out of the whole thing. Maybe I'm just a pedantic rear end in a top hat who spends too much time with technology but there's no way that drive was still able to start up, especially with the bumps it had taken and especially with the platters exposed.

It was the biggest miss of the whole series for me.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

RevKrule posted:

Can I just say that the fact that the hard drive the doctor pulled the data for Luke Cage really took me out of the whole thing. Maybe I'm just a pedantic rear end in a top hat who spends too much time with technology but there's no way that drive was still able to start up, especially with the bumps it had taken and especially with the platters exposed.

It was the biggest miss of the whole series for me.

Have literally had someone throw a Hard Drive against a wall and on the ground and was able to boot up and data off of it(Drive only lasted for like another week or so but yeah. Platters weren't exposed but then again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEQe-SSXOuk

That is such a small stretch as my thought throughout that whole scene was throwing that computer is not gonna do much of anything dude. All that data is gonna still be on the hard drive and probably in decent enough condition to do a data recovery on.

I guess they could have shown a scene of that dude rebuilding the drive in a clean room in order to get the data off the disk in a completely safe environment because of the risk of dust contamination lol.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Oct 5, 2016

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Dexo posted:

Have literally had someone throw a Hard Drive against a wall and on the ground and was able to boot up and data off of it(Drive only lasted for like another week or so but yeah. Platters weren't exposed but then again

That is such a small stretch as my thought throughout that whole scene was throwing that computer is not gonna do much of anything dude. All that data is gonna still be on the hard drive and probably in decent enough condition to do a data recovery on.

I guess they could have shown a scene of that dude rebuilding the drive in a clean room in order to get the data off the disk in a completely safe environment because of the risk of dust contamination lol.

Yeah. I mean people have recovered data off of HDs that survived fires IIRC. Some stuff you just have to take as shorthand. The data survived. They could have devoted a montage of the realistic data recovery process, but considering that HD scene followed a dramatic scene where they operate on a life or death wound, only to completely ignore that there were TWO wounds and not just one, I am ok with them glossing over tech details to save time.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Compared to the way other shows deal with technology that bit looked almost like a documentary.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
They dunked a guy who has unbreakable skin into a vat of boiling acid but the way they show data recovery is totally unrealistic and blew my suspension of disbelief

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
I'm up to episode 6 of Luke Cage and Squabbles / Luke's slowly evolving beard are my favorite characters.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Dexo posted:

But then he plugs it into an iMac with a SATA cable, or am I crazy?

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

Koalas March posted:

Yes, please!! I would love to see Misty and Colleen kicking rear end and taking names.

I have a lot of time for both of them from way back in the day, but I've got a lot riding on Jessica Henwick. I'm really hoping that the MCU's Colleen Wing owes a lot more to the 1970s comics than to the 2000s white jumpsuit version. "Luke Cage" had a lot of the early comics in it, so I'm reasonably hopeful.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Punisher series confirmed for next year and casting news.

quote:

Ben Barnes (“The Chronicles of Narnia“) joins the cast as Billy Russo, Frank’s Castle’s best friend from his days in the Special Forces. He runs a successful private military corporation called “Anvil.”’

Ebon Moss-Bachrach (“Girls”) will play Micro, a former NSA analyst whose secrets may be of great value to Frank Castle and everyone around them.

And Amber Rose Revah (“Indian Summers,” “Son of God”) joins as Dinah Madani, a highly-trained sophisticated Homeland Security agent who is vexed by the Punisher.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Maaaaan jigsaw sucks

There was also a pic of frank and karen on a park bench on Twitter so she's back too

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Ben Barnes in the role of Mr. Notabadguy Wepromise

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Possible lead-in to HAMMER?

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

site posted:

Maaaaan jigsaw sucks

There was also a pic of frank and karen on a park bench on Twitter so she's back too

I hope we get to hear more stilted narration of her newspaper articles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Ok so is Punisher getting a 2017 release a one time thing or did Netflix decide it was upping to three Marvel shows a year?