Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

One of the cool things about a pc is it does cool stuff. Well that's my story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

First patch today / tomorrow, along with the first car pack.

Patch Notes posted:

Windows 10
- Fixed a performance issue on Windows 10 that caused stuttering with high or unlocked framerates on certain hardware configurations
- Improved stability on Windows 10
- Disable mouse move detection while driving
- The Windows 10 video options screen will no longer ask users to save when no changes have been made
- Additional options have been added to the Windows 10 Advanced Controller Menu. These include:
o Steering wheel sensitivity
o Invert Force Feedback
o Centre spring scale
o Damping scale
- Fixed a problem where pre-order cars and the Halo Warthog were not appearing in the Windows 10 version of the game for some players

Wheel Improvements
- Logitech G27 is now registered correctly on Windows 10, so the correct default mapping will be applied
- All wheels with enough buttons have had the horn added to their default mappings on Windows 10
- Fix to dead zones for acceleration and braking axes on wheels
- Default mappings for all TX Racing Wheel variants
- Fixed a bug where custom input mappings would not save successfully

General Improvements
- The Social and Rivals tabs will now unlock for players with Xbox Live Silver accounts
- Fixed a bug where the racing line would sometimes disappear
- Controller hot swapping is now available. Players can switch between controllers/their keyboard whenever they choose (including the wheel)
- Various content fixes for cars

In addition to the fixes above arriving with today’s update, the teams at Playground and Turn 10 are working on addressing further known issues in Forza Horizon 3 including force feedback and wheel support, general stability and performance, and more. Look for more details on these improvements in the future. In the meantime, check the support forums for both the Xbox One and Windows 10 PC versions of Forza Horizon 3 for the latest list of Known Issues, as well as workarounds for select issues in the game.

Endbuster
Jan 7, 2013

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

GutBomb posted:

It's really not. There are more people happily playing FH3 on PC than there are people having problems. And windows 10 is actually pretty good. I haven't had any problems with it since I built my machine 2 months ago, aside from an activation issue due to a drastic hardware change that would have been a problem in Windows 7 as well.

Oh yeah, its whatever you call the bias when the loud minority shouts down the quiet majority happily playing their racing game. I'm just pissed and want to spread awareness of my being pissed.

:D

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm

Cygni posted:

I really considered getting an external SSD to put Win10 on (don't try to put Win10 on a separate partition from your primary Win7 install, learn from my mistakes), but I'm pretty happy I decided to go the Xbone route instead based on this thread. God Win10 is trash.

There is also a rad Ivan "Iron Man" Stewart scheme for the Trophy Truck. Pretty much this exact livery:

The trophy truck is fun as hell and I recommend everyone buy one when they can, doing 12 car trophy truck races is awesome.

Pinny
Sep 8, 2006
PC patch is up.

Still crashes, still stutters, still drops fps like crazy.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Upgrade menu still lags/stutters like crazy too

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Lot of post patch complaints on Reddit too.

Well done, Playground Games.

u_s_eh
Feb 19, 2005

I AM ALL I AM NONE
Launched FH3 on Windows 10 a few minutes ago...it downloaded the patch, then decided to re-download the whole game. Ouch.

Pinny
Sep 8, 2006
ha, i get full screen black flickers during stutters now too. Awesome

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Still working for me :shrug:

Pinny
Sep 8, 2006
Seems to work fine if i drop everything to medium, and disable MSAA. If I even dare looking at increasing anything though the crashes come

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
Have they fixed the thing where if you upgrade a car then leave the festival, it makes the system process go nuts and use a full core until you restart the game?

Pinny
Sep 8, 2006
Can't say, I haven't had that happen. My CPU usage, on average is around 20-25%, with core 0 being around 50-60%, on an i7 6700k, and barely changes

Endbuster
Jan 7, 2013

Lol this game on PC is such a clown fiesta.

I updated and launched the game, it crashed. I go to relaunch and now have to redownload the entire game. At least the xbone version is installed finally.

I'll come back to the PC version once they get their poo poo sorted.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

u_s_eh posted:

Launched FH3 on Windows 10 a few minutes ago...it downloaded the patch, then decided to re-download the whole game. Ouch.

quote:

Important Windows 10 Update
This week Microsoft released an update for Windows 10 that addresses a problem that would cause the full game to be downloaded again during our next planned update to Forza Horizon 3. All Windows 10 players are strongly encouraged to download the update immediately to avoid being impacted.

Start>Run winver

If you're not on 14393.222 you need to update.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
Guess I lucked out because the patch seemingly fixed my crashing issues and I can even turn up most of the settings except MSAA and get decent framerates. Other than that the main thing causing stuttering is the dynamic geometry. It runs fine when I turn it down all the way and I'm happy with that - I spend most of my time on winding roads anyway.

Cygni posted:

There is also a rad Ivan "Iron Man" Stewart scheme for the Trophy Truck. Pretty much this exact livery:

That design was available for the Celica as well :allears:

As an RB owner I immediately went and found this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVsI48kMB4k

The End
Apr 16, 2007

You're welcome.
Pretty much getting exactly the same hitchiness/frameyness as before the patch. Not unplayable, but disappointing.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
It finally recognizes my G27. Wow, this is some really loving terrible FFB. Why the hell is there a center spring? Why don't the effects of the caster drive the drat wheel centering (or opposite of that during funny business)?

Also, I have stuttering now in single player mode, great.

Pinny
Sep 8, 2006
I spend far too much time between crashes beating everyones drift scores :(

V8 swapped RX7 cheatmode activated

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
FD is :love:

probably one of the most aesthetically pleasing sports cars ever imo

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
My game was working fine and then the update has started redownloading the whole game why

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Pinny posted:

V8 swapped RX7

even in videogame form this is an unacceptable travesty and you must be crucified for it

Endbuster
Jan 7, 2013

Pinny posted:

Cubey just doesn't know what love is supposed to feel like. I applaud your redneck death mobile.

Enjoy this raw american v8 powered AE86 travesty that I love so much. Also it has IDTs for maximum ear-gasm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsW9lE3VoK8

The End
Apr 16, 2007

You're welcome.

Top Hats Monthly posted:

My game was working fine and then the update has started redownloading the whole game why

Is your Win10 fully up to date? There was a post warning that if you hadn't patched up before the FH3 patch dropped, it would redownload the game.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I'm going to laugh real hard if you guys bitching didn't grab the windows 10 updates.

Also disable automatic driver updates on your videocard.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Was having lots of issues before patch, now no issues, Windows 10 all up-to-date in advance.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Endbuster posted:

Cubey just doesn't know what love is supposed to feel like. I applaud your redneck death mobile.

Enjoy this raw american v8 powered AE86 travesty that I love so much. Also it has IDTs for maximum ear-gasm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsW9lE3VoK8

v8 swaps are fine in about any car but the whole thing that makes the rx7 worth it is the rotary. if you swap a v8 into an fd you might as well just buy a fuckin c5 at that point, since that's pretty much what you've got anyhow.

Pinny
Sep 8, 2006

Cubey posted:

even in videogame form this is an unacceptable travesty and you must be crucified for it

Harambe ain't afraid of your threats sir! Yes I'm unoriginal, no I don't care.

also, why the gently caress does the FPS counter come out in photomode pics, sigh

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

Norns posted:

I'm going to laugh real hard if you guys bitching didn't grab the windows 10 updates.

Also disable automatic driver updates on your videocard.

Since when is that even a thing? Why the gently caress would a piece of software need to re-download entirely because of an update and how is that any body's fault but playground games?

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Wait there's an FD in this game?

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost

Pinny posted:

Seems to work fine if i drop everything to medium, and disable MSAA. If I even dare looking at increasing anything though the crashes come

I did this about a week ago and havn't had a crash since. It still dips frames and stutters but I have already got used to it.

Post patch I've noticed no difference in performance, still has the occasional stutter. Disappointing but I hope they can fix it.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

GutBomb posted:

Wait there's an FD in this game?

it's a midnight battle prize

i was hoping the sw20 would be hiding as a midnight battle prize as well but nope :smith:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

DogonCrook posted:

Since when is that even a thing? Why the gently caress would a piece of software need to re-download entirely because of an update and how is that any body's fault but playground games?

Since they said you need to do it?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
My wife owned not one but two SW20 MR2's, one in left hand and one in right hand drive. It's a good car.

For the record, the FFB in all horizon games is pretty low/underwhelming on Fanatecs on the Xbox 360 and Xbone, I think it's a feature to reduce the strain on your wheel when you repeatedly hit that third loving tree that's made out of utility pole material when the first two were made of cobwebs. So it's hard to say if those using G27s etc on PC aren't just experiencing the 'regular' quality of the FFB.

Endbuster
Jan 7, 2013

Cubey posted:

v8 swaps are fine in about any car but the whole thing that makes the rx7 worth it is the rotary. if you swap a v8 into an fd you might as well just buy a fuckin c5 at that point, since that's pretty much what you've got anyhow.

That's what makes me love the ls1 powered rx7's even more. The fact that you had this cool guy rotary and you poo poo all over it by cramming a fat push rod low tech v8 in it. Its.....

MAGICAL.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Did they fix the wheel rotation yet?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Endbuster posted:

That's what makes me love the ls1 powered rx7's even more. The fact that you had this cool guy rotary and you poo poo all over it by cramming a fat push rod low tech v8 in it. Its.....

MAGICAL.

it defeats the entire point of the car. the rotary is the thing it has going for it, it is otherwise not a particularly remarkable vehicle. a v8 swap makes more sens in literally any other car on the planet.

it'd be like buying an mr2 and then cramming an engine in the front and taking out the one in the back. like why even bother buying the car.

there's also the fact that v8 swapped rx7s are more of a bro car than f150s with chinese lift kits.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

Norns posted:

Since they said you need to do it?

oh right i always head to the forums to make sure there's no special instructions for my automatically patched software...

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
I'm on fully updated Windows--downloaded the update, then it instantly told me to redownload the entire game. I try launching it instead, prompts me to download the patch again, patch fails to download and says I should once again download the game. Fun times.

e: restarting WITHOUT re-downloading the game fixed it, no need to update, playing it works

f#a# fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Oct 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm

Pinny posted:

I spend far too much time between crashes beating everyones drift scores :(

There can only be one! :byodood:

• Locked thread