Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
It worth keeping Forsett around in case he gets signed with another team? I don't really need the slot. Only real waiver guys worth talking about in that league are Gillislee and Rainey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Swarmin Swedes posted:

ROS in a .5PPR league do we like Mike Evans or Allen Robinson?
E: misread the schedule. If you have playoffs in weeks 14-16, Evans all day.

Doppelganger fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Oct 4, 2016

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
Evans easily. He leads the league in targets and gets the saints twice during key playoff weeks.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Azhais posted:

It worth keeping Forsett around in case he gets signed with another team? I don't really need the slot. Only real waiver guys worth talking about in that league are Gillislee and Rainey

Nah, Forsett is washed.

89 posted:

gently caress it, I'm burning my #2 waiver on Jimmy Graham as Gronk & Walker sit on my bench.

Jimmy's on bye, are you really going to roster 3 TEs this week?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Azhais posted:

No. I'd rather own a second defense or those two guys than Justin Forsett.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Benne posted:

Jimmy's on bye, are you really going to roster 3 TEs this week?
I could always sell Gronk. I leaked the interest of the LeVeon Bell owner when I told him I might do Jamaal & Gronk for Bell.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

pubic works project posted:

No. I'd rather own a second defense or those two guys than Justin Forsett.

I'll put in a claim for those two, maybe I'll get one. My first claim position is being used on a linebacker anyway, so we'll see.

In an unrelated IDP inquiry: is JJ Watt worth a first round dynasty (rookie) pick? Who's coming out next year. The team in question is bottom feeding at the moment, so it's likely to be a high pick one way or the other.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Azhais posted:

I'll put in a claim for those two, maybe I'll get one. My first claim position is being used on a linebacker anyway, so we'll see.

In an unrelated IDP inquiry: is JJ Watt worth a first round dynasty (rookie) pick? Who's coming out next year. The team in question is bottom feeding at the moment, so it's likely to be a high pick one way or the other.

Are you the only team that's needing a LB? or do you know if anyone else is picking up the same dude as you? If so i wouldn't waste a claim position on one.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
If you're already scouting for defensive rookies, Texas A&M's Myles Garrett, Michigan's Jabrill Peppers and Alabama's Jonathan Allen are the big names to watch.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

VietCampo posted:

Are you the only team that's needing a LB? or do you know if anyone else is picking up the same dude as you? If so i wouldn't waste a claim position on one.

This league doesn't have any FCFS period, it's all daily waivers with season long priority, so there isn't much in the way of wasting a waiver position (I'm 10/12 as it is because I needed a kicker last week). My offensive starters/bye coverage are solid, but I'm short a defensive starter and hopefully this guy will stay my defensive flex, so...

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Azhais posted:

Depends 100% on scoring settings and starting requirements. Given his injuries, even with high IDP scoring I'm starting to lean towards no, certainly not if you think that could be a top 3 rookie pick.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Kelce or Zach Ertz ROS?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
My Jamaal Charles & Gronk for his LeVeon Bell.

Yay or nay? I'll have Jimmy Graham and Delanie Walker on my roster.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

89 posted:

I say absolutely do this, but I can't see the Bell owner taking it (unless he is a moron).

Edit: Maybe a bit harsh, but you are trading 1 injured player and another player being eased back in for probably the best RB in the league.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

89 posted:

I'd accept immediately if this is being proposed to you. If you're proposing it then good luck.

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
I'm happy I'm facing Julio on the week I'm screwed because of Byes and Palmers brains turning into potatoes. I don't even have to get my hopes up. Until Julio scores 3 points and then I under perform and lose by 1.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
After last nights game, what are our thoughts on Mckinnon's long term value now?

He looked really good behind that shoddy O-line and with AP looking like he's not gonna be in a vikings uniform next season. I know it's still early, but i'm trying to work out some trades in my keeper league and currently Mckinnon would cost a 10th round pick next season.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

This report seems to be based off of information leading up to and including last week's game. It doesn't seem to be a new development, but then again I'm a dumb optimist and my thoughts are usually wrong.

I managed to win the last two weeks despite having Gronk in my lineup (top score in week 3!) so I suppose I should just keep letting it ride and see how far this train takes me.

e: Should I dump Houston D? They were saved by a return TD last game but I'm not sure how they'll be without Watt compared to streaming. In this week's case they'd be dropped for the Bills @LA

Teeter fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Oct 5, 2016

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

axelord posted:

He does, but I think it's his long runs that has bumped up his average

He only gets like 12 snaps a game so that's even more impressive.

Swarmin Swedes
Oct 22, 2008

Papes posted:

Evans easily. He leads the league in targets and gets the saints twice during key playoff weeks.

Well I got a counter offer, Robinson and Evans for Miller, McCoy, and Twilliams.

I am going to reject but was thinking of offering either

Miller,, Crowell, and Cobb
or
Murray, Crowell, and Cobb

If he bites thats a mash right?

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Yah that has to be a mash in PPR. I think you want to keep McCoy and either Miller/Murray depending on who you like more. I am supremely jealous of you and your stack of RB1s.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

That article has no facts or sources. It is just "why isn't Gronk running routes?" This is probably everyone's best shot to buy low on Gronk.

Please note that I may be the wrong person to listen to on value. I currently have bought low and through injuries find myself staring at Charles, Martin, Gronk, Decker and D. Lewis on my bench, thinking "Just two more weeks. Just gotta last two more weeks. Then you got this"

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Eagles D/ST worth spending some FAAB on as a ROS play? I'm mostly streaming, but the impressive performance of Jim Schwartz's D thus far and double digit points in the first three games seem good to me.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Yeah I'd like to own them. Luckily I got the Vikings D/ST in one of my leagues.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Teeter posted:

This report seems to be based off of information leading up to and including last week's game. It doesn't seem to be a new development, but then again I'm a dumb optimist and my thoughts are usually wrong.
There's actual smoke here though.

https://twitter.com/NEPD_Loyko/status/783402528956411904

The "new development" is largely someone close to Gronk's camp talking anonymously but we've seen this dance before from the Pats and Gronk during the beginning of the 2013 season when Gronk wound up missing more time than anyone expected.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Big TEs are essentially RBs in the NFL. They get hit hard by linebackers, safeties, and sometimes d-line when they're blocking. The list of injured TEs over the last two years can go on and on with Reed, Kelce, Ertz, Eifert, Gronk, Ebron, etc. It's a miracle guys like Witten can play for so long.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Tiptoes posted:

There's actual smoke here though.

https://twitter.com/NEPD_Loyko/status/783402528956411904

The "new development" is largely someone close to Gronk's camp talking anonymously but we've seen this dance before from the Pats and Gronk during the beginning of the 2013 season when Gronk wound up missing more time than anyone expected.

Ok, now I'm scared. :emo:

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
Should I try to get pick up Philly's DST or TE Zach Miller with my 7th waiver position? My current TE is Dwayne Allen who I have to drop (and no other good TE is on the wire besides maybe Cameron Brate) and I've been streaming DSTs.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Cigar Aficionado posted:

Should I try to get pick up Philly's DST or TE Zach Miller with my 7th waiver position? My current TE is Dwayne Allen who I have to drop (and no other good TE is on the wire besides maybe Cameron Brate) and I've been streaming DSTs.

Why wouldn't you? You need something valuable and 7th isn't early.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Sataere posted:

Ok, now I'm scared. :emo:
Long term, I'm not scared. If he were at risk of re-injuring himself, I don't think he'd be out there blocking. He wouldn't be playing at all in that case. But short term, I don't think he's the Gronk we've come to rely on. His mobility is more limited than expected and that appears to be more than even the Pats were expecting by now. I'd be afraid to start him in fantasy right now and it doesn't sound like we'll get a clear timetable on when he'll return to form.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Rashad Jennings, Gio, Decker, Hauschka

Which one should I drop for a kicker this week? .5 ppr 8 team league.

Hauschka is on bye. Should I drop any of them for Bilal Powell (I own Forte)

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
I just got a trade offer of Marvin Jones for my Jordan Howard.

I already have Bell, Blount, and CMike at RB, and Landry, Fitzgerald, and Shepard at WR. We start the usual RB/RB/WR/WR/Flex, and it's 1 PPR.

Thoughts?

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice

Tree Dude posted:

Rashad Jennings, Gio, Decker, Hauschka

Which one should I drop for a kicker this week? .5 ppr 8 team league.

Hauschka is on bye. Should I drop any of them for Bilal Powell (I own Forte)

Why not drop Hauschka for Powell now and see how the news on Forte goes over the week.

The practice reports should give an idea if the rumors about his injury is true. Worry about a kicker later in the week.

Usually no reason to hold a kicker on his bye

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

I just got a trade offer of Marvin Jones for my Jordan Howard.

I already have Bell, Blount, and CMike at RB, and Landry, Fitzgerald, and Shepard at WR. We start the usual RB/RB/WR/WR/Flex, and it's 1 PPR.

Thoughts?

Pretty solid mash for me. You could really use a stronger WR corps in full PPR and being able to start 3, and Marvin would come in as your best or 2nd best WR behind Landry. You can afford to lose Howard, who we don't even really know will be good.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

axelord posted:

Why not drop Hauschka for Powell now and see how the news on Forte goes over the week.

The practice reports should give an idea if the rumors about his injury is true. Worry about a kicker later in the week.

Usually no reason to hold a kicker on his bye

It's true but Hauschka is usually a pretty solid kicker. A "set it and forget it" type. I usually stream Kickers and don't have this problem. I guess I'll just let him go and keep an eye on things.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

My (non-ppr) keeper league has two IR spots. I currently have Dion Lewis and Corey Coleman residing in them. I have Sammy Watkins on my bench. Should I drop either of them to make room for Watkins on IR? Should I just dump Watkins and never have to worry about his lovely foot again? I already put the three of them on the trading block, and no one is interested. Thoughts?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

RCarr posted:

My (non-ppr) keeper league has two IR spots. I currently have Dion Lewis and Corey Coleman residing in them. I have Sammy Watkins on my bench. Should I drop either of them to make room for Watkins on IR? Should I just dump Watkins and never have to worry about his lovely foot again? I already put the three of them on the trading block, and no one is interested. Thoughts?

Need to know keeper prices. Watkins is objectively more valuable long term than either Lewis or Coleman, if cost is equivalent.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

RVProfootballer posted:

Need to know keeper prices. Watkins is objectively more valuable long term than either Lewis or Coleman, if cost is equivalent.

We keep two players, penalty is you lose a pick for whatever round they were drafted in. Maximum of two years. My team:

QB- Wilson(3), Cousins (18)
RB- Bell (3) [Can't be kept again], Elliot (1), Deangelo Williams (6), Powell (9), Lewis (7)
WR- Nelson (15), Marvin Jones (6), Sterling Shepard (7), Sanders (8), John Brown (6), Coleman (11), Watkins (2)
TE- Pitta (18)

Nelson is a lock to be kept in the 15th, after that it's probably Shepard or Coleman. No chance I'm keeping Watkins in the 2nd.

I want to drop Watkins and pick up Smallwood.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Seahawks bye week means I have to stream a Defense, and my options aren't great:

Rams vs. BUF
Dolphins vs TEN
Falcons @ DEN
Titans @ MIA

I'm leaning Rams, but is there anything else I should consider?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

RCarr posted:

We keep two players, penalty is you lose a pick for whatever round they were drafted in. Maximum of two years. My team:

QB- Wilson(3), Cousins (18)
RB- Bell (3) [Can't be kept again], Elliot (1), Deangelo Williams (6), Powell (9), Lewis (7)
WR- Nelson (15), Marvin Jones (6), Sterling Shepard (7), Sanders (8), John Brown (6), Coleman (11), Watkins (2)
TE- Pitta (18)

Nelson is a lock to be kept in the 15th, after that it's probably Shepard or Coleman. No chance I'm keeping Watkins in the 2nd.

I want to drop Watkins and pick up Smallwood.

Oh yeah, Watkins is droppable in your situation. Go get some Smallwood, or anyone.

• Locked thread