Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Improbable Lobster posted:

Monster fusion is the worst gimmick from the dumbest season of digimon.

tamers was the least dumb season, actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
The one that came after it was fusion too so they probably meant that.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/birdelet/status/783336482320871424

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
If the only fusion thing Pokémon ever gets is a single Greninja with an ability to quasi mega evolve after a kill I see that as an acceptable sacrifice.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Uh whoever said Megas were bad obviously forgot about my boys, Mega Ampharos, aka L'Oreal, aka Fabio and Mega Majestic, aka Pyramidhead

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Decus posted:

The one that came after it was fusion too so they probably meant that.

transformation is different from fusion!!

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

cancerianmoth posted:

So I was pretty set on Rowlet as my Starter, and mid evo still makes it a strong case. But mid-evo Litten is adorable. When it kneads the ground! I may go with it and try and find an ever stone. Popplio is alright. 3rd form may make it worth while- but I will, like always, try and grab all 3 as soon as possible.

I hope they release maybe 1 or 2 new mega evos along with ash-greninja. Or maybe they'll throw us a surprise and come other with another ash-pokemon? wouldn't be as excited about it bc its totally not worth the ability slot.

Use Rowlet as your starter, and then get an actual cat, so that it can knead your lap.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Golden Goat posted:

I know people aren't taking too well to Ash-Greninja but it doesn't mean the entire forum is hosed up.

Hey least the fucker's optional. I can ignore his existence if I want. What I don't understand is the people hating on poor Popplio. For godsakes if the lil' dude wants to be a pretty princess I say let em'.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

With Ash-Greninja being tied to its ability rather then having to hold a Mega Stone, it can potentially hold any item it wants... Plus someone else could hold a Mega stone instead.

It's theoretically possible to have Ash-Greninja, a Mega Pokémon and a Primal (or even both) all on the same team.

Also good that Megas are back in general, that means that Mega Flygon can still be a thing. :shepface:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Brother Entropy posted:

transformation is different from fusion!!

I was referring to the oft-repeated and very stupid + bad requests for pokemon fusion being a thing in SM

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The only SM pokemon that will definitely 100% be on my team are Popplio and Jangmo-o

It's nice that Popplio hate allows me to have a shortcut to completely disregard someone's post

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Improbable Lobster posted:

Monster fusion is the worst gimmick from the dumbest season of digimon.

I know the whole Digi-Xross was fairly controversial but it was pretty much removed from Young Hunters anyway, which is The Worst while Xross Wars is pretty neat despite its lukewarm ending.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Someone ran with this idea on tumblr and I hope to god it's what Shiny Dartrix looks like:

(source)

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Uh whoever said Megas were bad obviously forgot about my boys, Mega Ampharos, aka L'Oreal, aka Fabio and Mega Majestic, aka Pyramidhead

that is a cool fun and wholesome mega

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

hey what's up. almost done with my project of redrawing all offending creatures in greek mythology to be quadrupedal. they really whiffed on the minotaur's grace when the hands aren't on the floor

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Litten's final evolution is clearly Fire/Dark, otherwise his attack wouldn't have been super effective on Alolan Marowak in this leaked footage

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Kyrosiris posted:

Someone ran with this idea on tumblr and I hope to god it's what Shiny Dartrix looks like:

(source)

after dyable clothes the next step for gen 8 will clearly be dyable pokemon

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Brother Entropy posted:

after dyable clothes the next step for gen 8 will clearly be dyable pokemon

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i change my mind

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Is the demo save gonna carry over into full version?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Waffles Inc. posted:

It's a separate thing, not the beginning of the game, so... kind of? Ash Greninja will transfer from the demo to the full game, and if it's anything like the OR/AS demo you'll probably get some free items too.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Waffles Inc. posted:

No.

For one you start with a level 37 Greninja. Its probably a unique vertical slice like the ORAS demo was.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I'm expecting that it'll be datamined in the same way that the ORAS demo was to reveal all the new Mega Pokémon. Although hopefully I'm wrong and Game Freak/Nintendo learned their lesson.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Kelp Plankton posted:

It's a separate thing, not the beginning of the game, so... kind of? Ash Greninja will transfer from the demo to the full game, and if it's anything like the OR/AS demo you'll probably get some free items too.

Speaking of, I could never get it to transfer the Glalie to my game. The poke balls and potions got sent without issues, but whenever I ask Steven about the pokemon he just goes "Come back tomorrow"... A tomorrow that never comes. :(

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Zuzie posted:

I'm expecting that it'll be datamined in the same way that the ORAS demo was to reveal all the new Mega Pokémon. Although hopefully I'm wrong and Game Freak/Nintendo learned their lesson.

there won't be any new mega pokemon

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Kelp Plankton posted:

Stop spreading this rumor please and thanks.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

if there were new megas they wouldn't ban megas in vgc 2017

the dream is dead

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Megas aren't in SuMo

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

Kelp Plankton posted:

Well no... but there are new Pokémon, Alolan forms and all kinds of goodies that'll be leaked.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Super No Vacancy posted:

Megas aren't in SuMo

epi that's objectively false

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

Megas aren't in SuMo

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

Megas are in SuMo

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I want James's Cacnea instead please

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Zuzie posted:

Well no... but there are new Pokémon, Alolan forms and all kinds of goodies that'll be leaked.

I keep telling myself I'll look for some hard number on new pokemon and alolan forms, then just ignore chunks of the internet until release but I know i'll look at every single bit of info by October 21st. :negative:

At least it'll be nice when they datamine the fact that there are no new Mega Evolutions.

CherryCat
Feb 21, 2011

That's a strawberry.

College Slice
Still holding out hope for the day/night versions of final evolutions. If not then kitty will stay stage 2 and I'll go with the owl.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i'm ready to Mega Fuse with all of my favorite pokemon

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
What if instead of you fusing with pokemon, the pokemon fused with each other to create other cool pokemon. Fuse all of a gens starters into something dumb, fuse the dumb R/S/E paired pokemon. Fuse Ditto with other mons to create Bigger Better Ditto. Combine a bunch of legendaries to get King Jack Frost

(only available in double and triple battles)

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

OneDeadman posted:

What if instead of you fusing with pokemon, the pokemon fused with each other to create other cool pokemon. Fuse all of a gens starters into something dumb, fuse the dumb R/S/E paired pokemon. Fuse Ditto with other mons to create Bigger Better Ditto. Combine a bunch of legendaries to get King Jack Frost

It sounds like you want to play Dragon Ball Fusions, and not Pokemon?

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012

pik_d posted:

It sounds like you want to play Dragon Ball Fusions, and not Pokemon?

Shin Megami Pokemonsei

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

OneDeadman posted:

Finally, Venustoise is real