Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Pence's resting face looks like my grandma when she tries to read something on the tv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

speng31b posted:

I don't think Kaine is blowing it. Seems like when he does respond out of turn, his points are clear and relevant.

Pence can't loving go 30 seconds without making some dumb canned snarky remark, which is ironic because he spent like 5 minutes trying to pin clinton/kaine on running a campaign of insults

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

PenguinKnight posted:

MOUNTAIN RANGE OF DEBT.

HERE I AM IN THE ROCKY'S, DIGGING FOR GOLD

THERE IS NO GOLD.

ONLY

DEBT

there will be blood remake sounds awful

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
No one gives a gently caress that your uncle was a cop

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Tim is chillin' out a bit. Might be ok.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

Hahah pretty good but that's not it. It'll come to me eventually, maybe in the year 2150.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
poo poo

holocaust
USSR
USA *dead*

this is a good line of argument

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

straight up brolic posted:

So it sounds like anyone who doesn't care about politics would have turned this off 10 min in?

This was never going to be the ratings grabber that the debate before and after are. This is a boring-rear end wonky debate, and you won't hear anything about it past Friday.

Marlows
Nov 4, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

A friend of mine just said she literally can't hear what anyone is saying because they keep talking over one another. Relevant points aren't important if they're getting lost in slapfights.

That's the moderator's fault and commission's fault. Segments are too short and forces candidates to interrupt.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

sportsgenius86 posted:

Yea except this isn't a cookout

It IS, however, an open discussion. It is a looser format than the first debate, literally. They both are taking it too far though.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Wow, don't come off too forced Pence with "AT THE RISK OF AGREEING WITH YOU"

what a loving slime ball

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Platitudes about "community policing" are great because they sound like one of those solutions that doesn't cost the people who live in neighborhoods without a constant police presence anything.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Lamb Chowder posted:

whats that stephen king movie where they meet that old black woman who invites them in for some good down home living

The Stand, which makes Donald Trump Randall Flagg I guess?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Why does this Pence guy keep saying you need to go back to the 80s. Does he not remember how poo poo the 80s were?

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
"Badmouthing".

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

TheScott2K posted:

There's the Tech shooting.

Every time someone asks me what year I graduated from VT there's an awkward pause and "ohhhh..."

My room mate was a junior at Columbine in 1999. All anyone can do when they hear something like that really is to pause and say "oooh".

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
"Claims about institutional racism have to stop"

Gee. :jerkbag:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Furnaceface posted:

Why does this Pence guy keep saying you need to go back to the 80s. Does he not remember how poo poo the 80s were?

Ronald Reagen: President of the 80s. That's why.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Furnaceface posted:

the 80's were great if you were rich and white

explains a lot really

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011
Switched it over for a few minutes between innings, and this definitely reminds me of Canadian leaders' debates. The only difference is that there are fewer people shouting over top of one another.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
You don't accuse someone of institutional racism or of implicit bias, pretty much by definition.

He's intelligent enough to understand.

This guy is a complete piece of poo poo.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock
Kaine's problem is Pence is good at telling a story that goes on and on and has at least 2 falsehoods in the middle in a place that makes Kaine have to either interrupt to try and correct the record or risk having the point lost as Pence continues for another 2 minutes and the subject changes.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Tim needs to stop with this interruption poo poo. It's not loving working.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

oh god, kaine, don't talk about castille. :/ it is just painful

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

sportsgenius86 posted:

Pence's resting face looks like my grandma when she tries to read something on the tv

Holy poo poo Pence honest to God looks like a male version of one of my dearly departed grandmothers in some expressions and I can't unsee it.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Phone posted:

Pence can't loving go 30 seconds without making some dumb canned snarky remark, which is ironic because he spent like 5 minutes trying to pin clinton/kaine on running a campaign of insults

Trump's running a campaign of projection so it checks out.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Mike Pence confirmed to have a black friend.

Refried Hero
Jan 22, 2006

King of the grill

berserker posted:

Kaine's problem is Pence is good at telling a story that goes on and on and has at least 2 falsehoods in the middle in a place that makes Kaine have to either interrupt to try and correct the record or risk having the point lost as Pence continues for another 2 minutes and the subject changes.

Yeah, it's pretty unfortunate.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

berserker posted:

his debate tutor was Grampa Simpson

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
Kaine should have hit back with something on Pence's refugees stance, tbh

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Star Man posted:

My room mate was a junior at Columbine in 1999. All anyone can do when they hear something like that really is to pause and say "oooh".

Seems to be the go-to response for people. I have yet to find the joke that solves it.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
We can't assume the worst of cops but they assume the worst of minorities every day

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

berserker posted:

Yeeeup. We're actually very lucky that the republican primary process can't pick competent republicans, because this is what they look like.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Furnaceface posted:

The 80s were loving awesome if you were upper middle class and white.

I mean, like, heaven on earth.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

TheScott2K posted:

Seems to be the go-to response for people. I have yet to find the joke that solves it.

"why so sad? it was a blast!"

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Kaine saving Pence from answering a question to the moderator. Talk less. SO much less.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
"I'm sorry to hear about Senator Scott's experiences; he's a close friend of mine"

Does Tim Scott know that he's Mike Pence's friend?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Has Pence yet answered a single question?

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

this is fuckin awful see ya'll tomorrow

hope this debate doesn't count for much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Yeeeup. We're actually very lucky that the republican primary process can't pick competent republicans, because this is what they look like.

It's a good thing that Pence has the much bigger problem that he's Trump's running mate

• Locked thread