Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/GeorgeTakei/status/783486112991997952

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Quorum posted:

This is what frustrates me. Fortunately that smug douchebag will be dealing with a demographic mix that's 4 years less white and more Latino.

Ideally. I mean I shouldn't be surprised since this was the Romney/Ryan strategy and Obama and Biden basically handled it once they were properly prepared and ready, but Democrats need to realize and accept that Obama and Biden are special and one of the reasons is that they own at public speaking and debate. Most people aren't that great at that, and furthermore being a good public speaker doesn't necessarily make you qualified to hold office - see most Republicans that are good at public speaking. Tim Kaine is entirely qualified to hold office and do his job, but that doesn't mean he can sit in a room with a literal comic book villain and debate the merits of banning the X-Men with him with no proper moderator fact checking.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Just got home, someone fill me on the debate so far

Pence lie, Kaine bad

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Mel Mudkiper posted:

TRUMP'S TAXES
HOMEGROWN TERRORISTS = IMMIGRANTS

No fact-checking
"Trump never said that"

Kaine is the Trump to Pence's...Biden? Hillary?
e: That is, Kaine is more aggressive than Pence and probably has more interruptions at this point

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Phone posted:

lmao, the statement 15 minutes ago Pence was lying up and down that you didn't say? YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

The anti-Arzy vaccine has been delivered just in time.

I feel like the video clips after the debate of Pence straight up denying exactly what he said will possibly make up for the fact that Kaine loving sucks.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock
Pence is trying so hard to sound sincere, I think he's going to squeeze out a dingleberry

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

So before the womb you say? #Life begins at ejaculation.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Paradoxish posted:

This is what everyone was afraid Trump would do btw. This is basically the only trick that competent Republican politicians have in their bag anymore.

I completely agree. I'm just stunned at how well Pence is doing, it's like the ultimate form of this exact Republican tactic.

Now, is he doing perfectly? No. But think about how hard his job is for a minute... it's almost impossible and the fact that he comes across as even mildly coherent given the positions he has to defend is a huge win.

He's a loving piece of poo poo but sometimes you have to applaud the artistry of your enemy.

Regardless, this whole thing means absolutely nothing and Kaine did more than well enough that this will not move the dial.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

Nucleic Acids posted:

Get ready for Pence to segue into abortion over Kaine and the Church.

WOW you loving called it

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Goatman Sacks posted:

I feel like the video clips after the debate of Pence straight up denying exactly what he said will possibly make up for the fact that Kaine loving sucks.

It's just bolstering my thought that Kaine was told "go ham, go get us a soundbite".

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
For the record, this is the first time in either debate that abortion has been mentioned. 87 minutes into the Vice Presidential debate.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

lol thank you, I was desperately trying to figure it out.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Pence being a slick piece of poo poo, throwing out too much bullshit for Kaine to refute. Kaine not world's best debater (but not as bad as some Arzy-inclined goons are saying).

Noirex
May 30, 2006

I personally think it's insane that religion is even brought up in a Presidential debate. I know America! and all that, but what happened to separation of Church & State?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

why isn't goerge takei debating pence

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock
"partial birth abortion" is the biggest load of utter bullshit because it doesn't loving exist.

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Nephzinho posted:

So before the womb you say? #Life begins at ejaculation.

Of course conservatives would think that, life begins with the male penis, women are just borrowing it and that's why they can't be allowed to have abortions: they're destroying male property. :bahgawd:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

berserker posted:

Pence is trying so hard to sound sincere, I think he's going to squeeze out a dingleberry

I, too, was raised by a, uh.... wonderful?... family.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Christ, Pence is going to win even on the faith issue.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

berserker posted:

"partial birth abortion" is the biggest load of utter bullshit because it doesn't loving exist.

What does that phrase mean? I don't understand it?

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

kaine is going to blow this opportunity so hard, so fast.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
"I try to spend as much of my time on my knees"

Did I hear a mic catch some freshman laugh at that?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
wow sad to hear dad vice prez sucks

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Oh go gently caress yourself Pence, you know drat well what partial-birth abortion is and why it's nothing like what you're claiming.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

"I try to spend a little time on my knees every day... ifyou knowhatImean"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Postal Parcel posted:

it means nothing

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Spend a little time on your knees

SUCKING TRUMP'S DICK RIGHT

gently caress he didn't answer that question AT ALL

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Don't shake your loving head, he said that!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Pence's reply on religion is loving absurd and hugely coached, goddamnit.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Postal Parcel posted:

Late-term abortion. Intact dilation and extraction. Republicans believe that this happens frequently, and that it's the Dems' preferred method of stomping out a fully-developed baby's brains. Because they are idiots.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I'm sure you do spend time on your knees pence, you just spend it with Trumps cock in your mouth.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
"Eh, Donald said that but he didn't really SAY that."

Lamb Chowder
Oct 5, 2016

by WE B Boo-ourgeois
Pence in Halo ascending to Heaven: "Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book."
Kaine: well i had a jesuit internship and i support abortion

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Pence knows a lot about polishing. :pervert:

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Kaine ending on a strong note.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
That mexican thing again.

TheGreatGnocchi
Jun 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Kaine is interrupting a lot, Pence is spouting bullshit while sounding calm. Nothing is changing. Pretty boring overall.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Ok bible shot

nice

MonkeyOnFire
Jun 3, 2004
I LOVE MONKEYS
"You whipped out that Mexican thing again." Debate gettin' hot and heavy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Postal Parcel posted:

I'm just calling out the Holt thing. She's seems to be trying to get it moving

That said, we do need someone who will fact check these blatant lies

Fair enough.

Here comes the abortion stuff. Also more Pence lies. gently caress.

'Why did he say that'

'He's not a polished politician'

wtf

Now Kaine quoting the bible ahahahaha WOW

• Locked thread