Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Fanky Malloons posted:

I feel like I owe you guys for dropping the sandwich story and then leaving so here u go:

you did but this makes it better. bread with seeds, good choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nathilus

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

loquacius posted:

I'm (actually) 29 this year and it freaks me out a little bit because my mom was 29 when my sister was born

I just got married a couple months ago and am on track to have kids in a few years so I'm not like "behind schedule" or anything, I just don't feel like a full grown-up or like someone who should be having kids yet even though I'm the same age my parents were when they had their first kid.

I just hit 34, 2 years older than what my mom was when she had me, but a little under 10 years younger than my dad when I was born. That sick fukkin crib robber, heh.

I feel like I'm hella incapable of the whole marriage/kids thing, probably more incapable than I was in my 20s. Even though I'm pretty serious about wanting a family eventually. I've been told that these feelings are common and furthermore correct, no one is ready to handle a kid except people who have already been through it.

Anyway I get where youre coming from. I'm not even close to an adult by any reasonable definition. I can halfway take care of myself bachelor style and thats about the extent of my capabilities, honestly. So grats, at minus 5 years you are already ahead of me because you put a ring on it.

Robot Made of Meat

Arkanomen posted:

I turn 29 this month and that's making this the scariest Halloween ever because I only have another year until I am officially an old man and I don't like it! Too Spooky!

30 was perhaps the worst thing that ever hit my psyche. But once you're past the nadir, everything's an improvement!

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Piso Mojado

I like being in my 30s. it's no different than my 20s, except now I have disposable income and can name a few wines.

alnilam

Piso Mojado posted:

I like being in my 30s. it's no different than my 20s, except now I have disposable income and can name a few wines.

You, 30, desiccated with age: hmm, i suppose i could name a few whines... the whines of my heirs as they ask for money, that is, ho ho ho *drops monocle into bowl of sad looking soup*

Me, 29, bounding with youthful energy: yeah i know a few cats who make wine, it's pretty good but they haven't gotten too commercial with it, it's cool

Fanky Malloons

Is your social worker inside that horse?

loquacius posted:

I'm (actually) 29 this year and it freaks me out a little bit because my mom was 29 when my sister was born

My mum had 3 kids by the time she was 27 and I'm 29 and can barely even take care of my cats or myself what the heck

:krad: sig brought to you by the amazing & beautiful vanisher, feat. Helle Woods, artisinally designed by Death Sext !!!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
life...

I Was The Fury

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Uh

joke_explainer

alnilam posted:

You, 30, desiccated with age: hmm, i suppose i could name a few whines... the whines of my heirs as they ask for money, that is, ho ho ho *drops monocle into bowl of sad looking soup*

Me, 29, bounding with youthful energy: yeah i know a few cats who make wine, it's pretty good but they haven't gotten too commercial with it, it's cool

symbolic

i do not like being 19 because i'm old enough to have adult responsibilities but young enough to not know what i'm doing

:(

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

i'm okay with being in my 30s even though my doctor keeps treating me like a geriatric incubator.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

symbolic posted:

i do not like being 19 because i'm old enough to have adult responsibilities but young enough to not know what i'm doing

it gets better in a few years because you come to realize that literally nobody else knows what they're doing either, and we're all just doing our best to not gently caress up and let other people know that.

symbolic

hamjobs posted:

it gets better in a few years because you come to realize that literally nobody else knows what they're doing either, and we're all just doing our best to not gently caress up and let other people know that.
so i've heard

this isn't a very comforting thought but oh well

Facebook Aunt

wiggle wiggle

loquacius posted:

I just got married a couple months ago and am on track to have kids in a few years so I'm not like "behind schedule" or anything, I just don't feel like a full grown-up or like someone who should be having kids yet even though I'm the same age my parents were when they had their first kid.

Everyone feels like that. You'll still feel like that when you're 50. Millions of adults out there just winging it and hoping no one realizes that they don't know what they are doing.

free Trapt CD

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*
If you ever meet someone who knows what they're doing you should exercise extreme caution

~sig~

Facebook Aunt

wiggle wiggle

Piso Mojado

alnilam posted:

this is pretty spot on actually

Matoi Ryuko

symbolic posted:

Bad news: you'll never know what you're doing.

Renegret

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Matoi Ryuko posted:

The worst realization I've ever had was that my parents had no idea what they were doing either while I was growing up

AAB

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Palisader

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

Renegret posted:

The worst realization I've ever had was that my parents had no idea what they were doing either while I was growing up

:same:

social vegan

nothing's true until it makes you laugh

Elusif

I wish i was dead

Skeletons dont need to eat breakfast

social vegan

muffins make me laugh they are the truest

symbolic

if you were still Facebook Aunt, this would have been a pro-tier name/post combo

Matoi Ryuko posted:

i'm...comforted?

Robot Made of Meat

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Robot Made of Meat fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Oct 5, 2016

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Matoi Ryuko

symbolic posted:

if you were still Facebook Aunt, this would have been a pro-tier name/post combo

i'm...comforted?

If you want to be comforted I'd suggest maybe calling your mother or grandmother.

social vegan

Arkanomen

All he wants is a hug

This is my face as I read all this comforting advice about getting older. Like, a few weeks ago I walked into a bank and asked about mortgages like a dumb old man, except this is spooky month and it turns out that I'm the dumb old man and I've twilight zoned myself, but then a friend asked me to help redo his front lawn into a nice rock-based desert-scape and I got to rent a tiller and I thought about my dad and that was kinda relaxing.

Thanks chat thread.

FCKGW

hey guys yesterday I hit my funny bone and it was smarting all day but today I woke up and it doesn't hurt and now I'm playing rocket league to celebrate. hope you all have a blessed day like me. thanks.

death sext

boo!

Macnult

AAB

Arkanomen posted:

This is my face as I read all this comforting advice about getting older. Like, a few weeks ago I walked into a bank and asked about mortgages like a dumb old man, except this is spooky month and it turns out that I'm the dumb old man and I've twilight zoned myself, but then a friend asked me to help redo his front lawn into a nice rock-based desert-scape and I got to rent a tiller and I thought about my dad and that was kinda relaxing.

Thanks chat thread.

jealousssssssss

Renegret

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I don't get carded for booze anymore

it makes me sad

I Was The Fury

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Renegret posted:

it makes me sad

Is it because you look old or because every cashier at the liquor store knows you in a first name basis? Both are sad but only one is true for me!

loquacius

I'm hoping that buying a house and finally having to worry about poo poo like mortgage interest and escrow and plumbing and shrubberies and snowplowing and sprinklers and patio furniture etc will help me feel more adult. As it is right now all my furniture that isn't from Ikea or Target is inherited.

loquacius

I Was The Fury posted:

Is it because you look old or because every cashier at the liquor store knows you in a first name basis? Both are sad but only one is true for me!

Back in the days when I was young and my wife was my girlfriend and under 21, the cashiers at the liquor store knew me so well that they didn't card her either

Fanky Malloons

Is your social worker inside that horse?

Renegret posted:

it makes me sad

I did get carded yesterday, and it was great. Also, recently, a girl in my karate class told me she thought I was the same age as her and straight up refused to believe that I'm actually 10 years older than she is. Thanks, genetics!

:krad: sig brought to you by the amazing & beautiful vanisher, feat. Helle Woods, artisinally designed by Death Sext !!!

Macnult

I never get carded because I address everyone as "ma'am/sir" and never forget to say please and thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death sext

not once but twice I have been accused of having a fake id and kicked out of the store/bar >:^(