Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will There Be a Perfect Team This Season?
Yes, Both 19-0 and 0-16
Yes, but only 19-0
Yes, but only 0-16
lol no
View Results

• Locked thread
axeil
Feb 14, 2006
WEEK 4 UPDATE

Week 4 thy name is bloodbath. We are now down to 4 teams.

19-0 Contenders

Denver Broncos

Next Opponent: Falcons

Minnesota Vikings

Next Opponent: Texans

Philadelphia Eagles

Next Opponent: @ Lions

0-16 Contenders

Cleveland Browns

Next Opponent: Patriots

Eliminated from the 19-0 Race

New England Patriots - Shut out by a Rex & Rob Ryan coached team. A Shameful Loss.
Baltimore Ravens - Lost to the Oakland Raiders in a game I really don't remember much about

Eliminated from the 0-16 Race

Jacksonville Jaguars - Get their first win against the Indianapolis Colts but sadly it's not in the US.
Chicago Bears - Managed to beat the Detroit Lions without Jay Cutler or any real offense to speak of.
New Orleans Saints - Drew Brees got his revenge on the San Diego Chargers

Week 5 19-0 Chase Commentary

Well now poo poo gets real. We have 3 remaining 19-0 candidates, and two of them are scheduled to play each other in Week 7, meaning we will eventually eliminate down to two. The Broncos won without Siemian and I can't believe I'm saying this, but if he's out for any extended time their chances of going 19-0 look pretty grim. Making matters worse, the red hot Falcons are coming to town. This has gotta be the toughest game the Broncos have had on the schedule so far, even though their first match of the season was a Super Bowl re-match. Meanwhile, the Vikings caused OBJ to have another meltdown and get the Texans at home this week. Not as tough a game as the Falcons, but it's no cake walk either. The Eagles were idle so I have nothing to say about them except hail Wentz.

Upcoming Games:

Texans @ Vikings
Falcons @ Broncos
Eagles @ Lions

Week 5 0-16 Chase Commentary

Welp, we're down to the one team we all thought it would be. It's the Browns or nothing now. And they're playing the Pats with Brady this week. :rip: Looking ahead, here's the rest of Cleveland's schedule:

5 October 9 1:00 p.m. New England Patriots
6 October 16 1:00 p.m. at Tennessee Titans
7 October 23 1:00 p.m. at Cincinnati Bengals
8 October 30 1:00 p.m. New York Jets
9 November 6 1:00 p.m. Dallas Cowboys
10 November 10 8:25 p.m. at Baltimore Ravens
11 November 20 1:00 p.m. Pittsburgh Steelers
12 November 27 1:00 p.m. New York Giants
13 Bye
14 December 11 1:00 p.m. Cincinnati Bengals
15 December 18 1:00 p.m. at Buffalo Bills
16 December 24 1:00 p.m. San Diego Chargers
17 January 1 1:00 p.m. at Pittsburgh Steelers

:stare: Jesus Christ.

Probably the most winnable games on there are Week 6 @TEN and Week 8 vs NYJ. If they're still winless after that I honestly don't see another potential win until Week 16 against the Chargers.

Upcoming Games:

Patriots @ Browns

axeil fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Oct 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
I want another snow bowl game...

Though this time we dont have Shady to rely upon...Dammit Chip, imagine if we could have had Wentz throwing to Maclin and Jackson with Shady behind him.....

Im kinda hoping that since Jackson's contract runs out this year Roseman will somehow lure him back to Philly dumping all the poo poo on Cheep.

I like to live in a fantasy land :smith:

CyberPingu fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Oct 5, 2016

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

axeil posted:

Week 5 19-0 Chase Commentary

Well now poo poo gets real. We have 3 remaining 19-0 candidates, and two of them are scheduled to play each other in Week 7, meaning we will eventually eliminate down to two. The Broncos won without Siemian and I can't believe I'm saying this, but if he's out for any extended time their chances of going 19-0 look pretty grim. Making matters worse, the red hot Falcons are coming to town. This has gotta be the toughest game the Broncos have had on the schedule so far, even though their first match of the season was a Super Bowl re-match.

it's a brave new world, my friend

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
I still think I'd be more surprised if the Browns didn't beat the Titans in week 6.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I know it was against the vaunted Bucs defense but Paxton looked pretty drat good with the short amount of time he had to prep.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
What if Brady is all rusty and the Browns beat the Patriots?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Petition this thread to tack on a First to Worst (and vise versa) segment.

its the cardinals

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
There could even be three worst to first teams this year!

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
December Chargers always play well so I imagine its NYJ or bust for the Browns

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

CyberPingu posted:

Petition this thread to tack on a First to Worst (and vise versa) segment.

its the cardinals

I'm down with writing that up for next week. Since I doubt we get a 19-0 or 0-16 team this year it'll give us some content to talk about.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Well...i doubt we get a 16-0 but i think the browns will give us something to talk about for at least another couple of weeks...

Though we dont really want this to turn into a Browns thread.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
The Browns will beat the Giants week 12 for their only win of the season.

edit: Why yes, I am a Giants fan

McSpankWich fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Oct 6, 2016

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the buckwild Browns are ready to win all kind of games and prizes.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Cavauro posted:

the buckwild Browns are ready to win all kind of games and prizes.

Your team was the last one that we beat to break an 11 game losing streak. Even after Shurmers play list got blown over to the Bengals sideline.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Welp, take the Eagles off this list

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

axeil posted:

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

axeil posted:

...and Denver.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Sam Bradford is the only undefeated team left.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
I'm not up on my Norse mythology, but I'm fairly sure it is foretold that if Sam Bradford leads the Vikings to a perfect season, Ragnarök is unleashed

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

The Unnamed One posted:

I'm not up on my Norse mythology, but I'm fairly sure it is foretold that if Sam Bradford leads the Vikings to a perfect season, Ragnarök is unleashed

Såmule Bradbjørn, the King in the North

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.

Chichevache posted:

Såmule Bradbjørn, the King in the North

Long live the king in the north

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

The Unnamed One posted:

I'll allow it. The Great Old Ones vs. the Nine Realms sounds like an entertaining Superbowl.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
The Vikings are our only hope

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Brockenstein posted:

The Vikings are our only hope

undefeated Sam Bradford

make it happen universe

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

undefeated Sam Bradford

make it happen universe

Trust in The Zimm and he will make it so

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

The Unnamed One posted:

I'm not up on my Norse mythology, but I'm fairly sure it is foretold that if Såmule Bradbjørn, the King in the North, leads the Vikings to a perfect season, Ragnarök is unleashed

I can get behind this.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Zimmer was hired the same year as Bill O'Brien. In other words, if Bob McNair didn't have this weird obsession with the Patriots it's possible the Texans could have hired him

Makes you think

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
The best thing about an undefeated Bradford is that he would still only be 18-0.

Brockenstein posted:

Zimmer was hired the same year as Bill O'Brien. In other words, if Bob McNair didn't have this weird obsession with the Patriots it's possible the Texans could have hired him

Makes you think

Now I'm really sad that I won't get to see what atrocious things Clowney and Watt could do in a Zimmer defense. :stonklol:

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Brockenstein posted:

Makes you think

Zimmer almost didn't even bother interviewing with the Vikings because the Jags were the most recent of many teams to pass on him as HC. Not just the Texans on that one, but some of his success may be due to him being super tight with the GM. Zimmer has to have a big part in drafting to get "his players" like Danielle Hunter. Spielman is definitely all-in on Zimmer, and it is paying off.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

How does the loss affect the Eagles' ELO

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

BrownThunder posted:

Eagles got knocked down to silver.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

BrownThunder posted:

They dropped from "Livin' Thing" to "Mr. Blue Sky"

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

BrownThunder posted:

Dropped 8 points.
http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-nfl-predictions/

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Chichevache posted:

The best thing about an undefeated Bradford is that he would still only be 18-0.

Now I'm really sad that I won't get to see what atrocious things Clowney and Watt could do in a Zimmer defense. :stonklol:

I mean granted I wanted them to hire Ray Horton but I would have been OK with Zimmer too. Much much much more OK today, obviously.

I didn't like the O'Brien hire at the time, then he won me over with how well the lovely QBs we signed performed under him and how well the Patriots South defensive coaching staff was doing, but welp the whole Brock thing basically tore down any confidence I have in this regime

Nov 6, 2002

Didn't they sign Brock without even meeting him face to face?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Nah

They also didn't actually speak to him on the phone either, because it was all done with his agent before they were allowed to actually talk to the player

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
Hey if anyone wants to give me millions of dollars without talking to me give me a call.

Nov 6, 2002

CONFIDENTIAL

Dear Bill O'Brien Sir,

Good day and compliments. Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Dr. Mariam Abacha, a quarterback of the federal republic of Nigeria.

I seek your assistance to get out of Nigeria as soon as possible before the present civilian government finds out about my QBR and signs me to a long term contract.

I implore you to please give consideration to my predicament and help a young man in need.

I would require the following: 1) Bankers Name and Address (2) Telephone and Fax Number of Bankers 3) Sort/ABA/Routing Number of Bankers 4) Account Number 5) Name of Beneficiary/Company Name /Address. 6) Telephone and Fax No. of Beneficiary

By the grace of god may this letter find you.

Yours faithfully,

Dr Mariam Abacha

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Flikken posted:

Your team was the last one that we beat to break an 11 game losing streak. Even after Shurmers play list got blown over to the Bengals sideline.

I only just saw this severe outburst from days ago but it's sad to see anyone lashing out when the Browns are mentioned as fairly buckwild. get the heck over it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i never thought i would say this again but Let's rumble.

• Locked thread