Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

woman with the weird hair

I think that was a cameo by Bette Midler as her character from Hocus Pocus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Ew they think Stardust has the best ops

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

It doesn't help that the character design is hideous and just keeps getting worse. I didn't think we'd get worse than the woman with the weird hair, but then we got the guy with the metal face and a dress.

Just the way David Bowie liked it.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Rodyle posted:

Ew they think Stardust has the best ops

I mean it does. The best songs, nah.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
https://mobile.twitter.com/AngriestPat/status/783344320971767808

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Dias posted:

I mean it does. The best songs, nah.
Official OP Order
Bloody Stream>Soon Chi No Sadome>Great Days>End of the World>Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town>Stand Proud>Chase

E: that's a pretty cool dog

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Phantasium posted:

The body switching is absolutely baffling. It's incredibly clear that it's only there because he didn't want there to be a game over state like in his other lovely games, but then there absolutely is a game over state. And every time you body switch it completely destroys whatever narrative there was going on, because only Kay'l had anything going for him and the rest are just mooks with different stats.

Just use a loving game over screen! The type of game you wanted to make was an RPG, just give them level ups you hack.

What seemed especially baffling is on like, the second death or whatever, a complete nobody comes charging into the room for no explained reason just to sacrifice themselves to give the player another chance. Like if you're going to try to explain "lives" as a literal in-narrative/world thing, it helps if you don't totally undercut it by having it be completely immersion breaking in it's own way.

Same thing goes for the doctor guy showing up when Kay'l got downed those few times. On paper, it seems like it should be more realistic or less immersion breaking then respawning at a checkpoint, in execution, it's weird and awkward as gently caress.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
The fact the doctor revives you right where you fell is what ruins it completely. If Cage just had you wake up in a hospital or clinic when you die it would have been fine.

Buckets fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Oct 4, 2016

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Didn't pay say that he's crazy allergic to cats? Maybe his girlfriend is trying to kill him.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Al-Saqr posted:

Didn't pay say that he's crazy allergic to cats? Maybe his girlfriend is trying to kill him.

He said it depended on the cat since he didn't have problems with Zach.

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!
Zach is a sweet boy and he doesn't give off dandruff because he is beautiful and perfect.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Maybe Pat isn't allergic to cats but to stuff that whichever cat triggered his allergy carried around (dust, pollen). Maybe Pat will die soon. WHO KNOWS!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Phantasium posted:

He said it depended on the cat since he didn't have problems with Zach.

Also he's apparently going bald, so he's probably fine for Pat somehow.

But here's the kicker, remember how much Pat and Paige post that one elmo gif on twitter?

https://twitter.com/PeachSaliva/status/783347352400695296
https://twitter.com/AngriestPat/status/783350752517492736

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Neither volume 0 nor volume 1 of Spider Gwen appear to be the start of Spider Gwen

Cape Comics

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Rodyle posted:

Neither volume 0 nor volume 1 of Spider Gwen appear to be the start of Spider Gwen

Cape Comics

Yeah, it's super BS that Volume 0 didn't come with her Spider-verse issue, but it's an even bigger disconnect reading that issue and jumping to Vol. 0 because it goes from a very grounded reality story with street-level crimes to her talking about how the multiverse is crazy and she's met so many Peters hanging in alternate realities.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

That bit where she goes "haha yeah alternative realities right!?" and it showed a picture of the editor saying to read Spiderverse is emblematic of why I (and Pat) hate superhero comics.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Rodyle posted:

That bit where she goes "haha yeah alternative realities right!?" and it showed a picture of the editor saying to read Spiderverse is emblematic of why I (and Pat) hate superhero comics.

You hate everything.

That Spider Gwen poo poo is bullshit though.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I don't hate her spider hoodie, it's p good in fact

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Superhero comics are garbage because everyone's been trying to make constant crossovers work since the 90s and they are 100% terrible.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Imagine if all games were Project X Zone...

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

"Nepnep is dead, long live Nepnep" -Liam

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

That spookycuffs intro is amazing.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Dias posted:

Maybe Pat isn't allergic to cats but to stuff that whichever cat triggered his allergy carried around (dust, pollen). Maybe Pat will die soon. WHO KNOWS!

Sometimes you also just grow out of allergies, especially if you have gradually increased exposure from, say, your bff and co-worker being covered in an invisible layer of sweet baby dust.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Gross

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Rodyle posted:

"Nepnep is dead, long live Nepnep" -Liam
"If you remove all the defining characteristics of this cringey weeb bullshit I like, it becomes good!" -Liam, all the time

CaptainFish
Mar 31, 2011

It's Psy-Crow my mortal Enemy! I swear my soily vengeance upon him and his fowl ilk!

Improbable Lobster posted:

Superhero comics are garbage because everyone's been trying to make constant crossovers work since the 90s and they are 100% terrible.

I've really enjoyed crossovers in the past, but I was reading the new Ms. Marvel and the new Luke Cage and Iron Fist, and before anything could really get off the ground, a whole bunch of dumb crossover bullshit started happening and it's the worst.

I want low stakes weird community superhero poo poo, not a bunch of world ending nonsense or predictive fascism.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Tupperwarez posted:

"If you remove all the defining characteristics of this cringey weeb bullshit I like, it becomes good!" -Liam, all the time

That whole speech broke far too much kayfabe

"They're trash, play anything else"

CaptainFish
Mar 31, 2011

It's Psy-Crow my mortal Enemy! I swear my soily vengeance upon him and his fowl ilk!

Tupperwarez posted:

Liam also said, regarding an earlier Gunvolt release, something like "It's not that I don't like it, I just don't want to play it" I lost my mind about that. What do words even mean?

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Hey kids! Do you want to be as AKOOL as me?

CaptainFish posted:

Liam also said, regarding an earlier Gunvolt release, something like "It's not that I don't like it, I just don't want to play it" I lost my mind about that. What do words even mean?

There is such a thing as appreciating something from a distance.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

CaptainFish posted:

I've really enjoyed crossovers in the past, but I was reading the new Ms. Marvel and the new Luke Cage and Iron Fist, and before anything could really get off the ground, a whole bunch of dumb crossover bullshit started happening and it's the worst.

I want low stakes weird community superhero poo poo, not a bunch of world ending nonsense or predictive fascism.

Ms. Marvel especially ran into that a bit much from what I've gotten around to so far, I just wanna see Kamala doing neat hero stuff, if I wanted to see anyone else or some big supergroup story I'd go read those. :mad:

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

Rodyle posted:

Official OP Order
Bloody Stream>Soon Chi No Sadome>Great Days>End of the World>Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town>Stand Proud>Chase

E: that's a pretty cool dog

Great Days is the best Jojo op and after like 12 more weeks of it I'm sure everyone will agree once the voice of love takes them higher.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Magna Kaser posted:

Great Days is the best Jojo op and after like 12 more weeks of it I'm sure everyone will agree once the voice of love takes them higher.

Agreed,

great days > bloody stream > sono chi no sadame >>>> the rest

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Liam's discussion about the Neptunia games really annoyed me and I don't even like that series

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

wet your whistlers mother posted:

Liam really annoyed me

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS
I think Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town is a great OP. I can't say if it's the best or even one of the best Jojo OP's because this is the internet and my opinions are meaningless.

DPM fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Oct 5, 2016

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
pat saying "that's the scariest thing I ever did see" in a half bored but also still somehow frightened voice is a good shitstorm moment

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Blockhouse posted:

pat saying "that's the scariest thing I ever did see" in a half bored but also still somehow frightened voice is a good shitstorm moment
To be fair, the fast-moving ghost thing showing up on the camera when they pointed it at the stairs was a Pretty Good Frighten.

The difficulty of these Frightens has been Very Good. Hooray for the Shitstorm!

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

DumbparameciuM posted:

I think Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town is a great OP. I can't say if it's the best or even one of the best Jojo OP's because this is the internet and my opinions are meaningless.

The real objective fact is Jojo now has 7 fantastic OPs and they're all top tier when compared to OPs as a whole.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
The difficulty of the invisible man mirror matchup is very bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I can't wait to see what horrors matt has for the next three spookycuffs