Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
If you sign up to my pro-crate "sti nation" I'll never actually send anything out of laziness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
That Tikiman Thread :allears:

Mystery box poo poo is so stupid. Just drunkenly purchase poo poo from Amazon if you really need the thrill of receiving a package of stuff you may or may not want.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Ranma Fan Art posted:

is there like a loot crate where they send me different drugs every month

i didnt read beyond the first page but did someone kickstart this yet?

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I got a bottle of Lipitor and socks.

This drug crate sucks!!

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
Wow, there really are subscription boxes for absolutely everything these days. I wondered if even a subscription boxes for wristwatches existed, of course one does! For only $30 a month I can only imagine the kind of garbage they send you.

hip check please
Jan 11, 2012

Carecat posted:

It's hard to choose the worst loot crate.

Inflatable loving crown. Also the one that had shoelaces with the marvel logo on them.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Marmaduke! posted:

Look up the show Con Man if you haven't already hard of it, you'll feel better.

So I'm guessing his lootcrate shilling is just research then

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Original_Z posted:

Wow, there really are subscription boxes for absolutely everything these days. I wondered if even a subscription boxes for wristwatches existed, of course one does! For only $30 a month I can only imagine the kind of garbage they send you.

no but there are services where you can rent fancy watches by the week

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
There is a subscription box for clothing. It's $750 a box though :/

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

social vegan posted:

no but there are services where you can rent fancy watches by the week

I know goons like to say late stage capitalism a lot but if it isn't just summed up by renting a fancy watch to appear rich when that shite is keeping you poor

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
It's Madden Month over at Johnbox. Each one contains a lock of his hair!

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

Doomcrate

Each month you get a cd with Doom maps and mods. Maybe Duke Nukem and Quake, too. Also works as a CD audio with new tracks from Black Sabbath tribute bands

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

yoloer420 posted:

There's a few of those most of them only charge you for the clothes you keep. I've never tried any of them out.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

I watch Ashens pretty religiously, and aside from the occasional video game I have not seen him open any item I would pay any amount of money for. The whole thing really makes me consider how much unsellable, unusable, non-recyclable garbage is being produced all the time because its so cheap to make and ship across the planet that it doesn't matter. It fills me with a kind of vertigo.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

FedEx Mercury posted:

There's a few of those most of them only charge you for the clothes you keep. I've never tried any of them out.

I remember back in the day book clubs that used to do that. Except they'd lure you in with a huge discount then send you crap near RRP and count on you being too lazy to send them back

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

chaosbreather posted:

I watch Ashens pretty religiously, and aside from the occasional video game I have not seen him open any item I would pay any amount of money for. The whole thing really makes me consider how much unsellable, unusable, non-recyclable garbage is being produced all the time because its so cheap to make and ship across the planet that it doesn't matter. It fills me with a kind of vertigo.

Pretty sure funko pop is going to be the currency of the grim dark post apocalypse

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

laserghost posted:

Doomcrate

Each month you get a cd with Doom maps and mods. Maybe Duke Nukem and Quake, too. Also works as a CD audio with new tracks from Black Sabbath tribute bands

would buy if https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDYTgQymbgw

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Berious posted:

Pretty sure funko pop is going to be the currency of the grim dark post apocalypse

yeah, if you wanted to make change with aircraft carrier loads

My feeling is the currencies will be the same then as now. reputation, attention, passion.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Marmaduke! posted:

Look up the show Con Man if you haven't already hard of it, you'll feel better.

Yes, it will convince you that he deserves whatever terrible fate awaits him.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

yoloer420 posted:

i know what youre talking about and thats less a subscription box and more clothes that have been picked out for you specifically by a stylist or whoever

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Berious posted:

I know goons like to say late stage capitalism a lot but if it isn't just summed up by renting a fancy watch to appear rich when that shite is keeping you poor

poor people have been imitating nobility since the dawn of civilization my man

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Buca di Bepis posted:

So you're saying we need to bring back sumptuary laws. I can get behind that.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps

Buca di Bepis posted:

Yeah but they weren't getting baubles airplaned in from halfway across the globe to do it. The amount of pollution the 'crate' industry spawns must be massive, between producing all those useless widgets to shipping them to a warehouse to shipping them to you + the packaging...

and for what? Just so some nerds can feel a cheap empty thrill from getting new material possessions once a month.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

laserghost posted:

Doomcrate

barney.wad

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

laserghost posted:

Doomcrate

This sounds like a great way to relive the disappointment of waiting an hour for a .WAD to download from a BBS only to find out it's terrible.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Roylicious posted:

Yeah but they weren't getting baubles airplaned in from halfway across the globe to do it. The amount of pollution the 'crate' industry spawns must be massive, between producing all those useless widgets to shipping them to a warehouse to shipping them to you + the packaging...

and for what? Just so some nerds can feel a cheap empty thrill from getting new material possessions once a month.

Seems worth it to be honest. Am I supposed to think industry is bad or something? This is an internet forum. I don't even think luddites have a forum.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

TheLightPurges posted:

Seems worth it to be honest. Am I supposed to think industry is bad or something? This is an internet forum. I don't even think luddites have a forum.

Turning non renewable resources into landfill tat is bad even if someone makes a profit in the exchange

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:

Berious posted:

Turning non renewable resources into landfill tat is bad even if someone makes a profit in the exchange

Well, otherwise those resources would be sitting there doing gently caress all. gently caress that.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
Going back to Ashens dick sucking I really like how he used obsurce British dad words like "gumf" to describe miscellaneous crap that comes bundled with a product. It lends a comfy dad feeling to his webzone

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

that frontman... 3/10 voice, 11/10 enthusiasm

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Roylicious posted:

[while sitting in an empty room] possessions are meaningless, they are just a cheap, empty thrill. friends are meaningless, they are just a cheap, empty thrill. i am completely happy with all of my possessions [gestures to empty room]. i am content. i am happy. i am telling you how enlightened i am, and let me tell you: this is not a cheap empty thrill.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

satanic splash-back posted:

[while sitting in an empty room] possessions are meaningless, they are just a cheap, empty thrill. friends are meaningless, they are just a cheap, empty thrill. i am completely happy with all of my possessions [gestures to empty room]. i am content. i am happy. i am telling you how enlightened i am, and let me tell you: this is not a cheap empty thrill.

It seems like you're saying that worthless promotional merchandise is somehow equivalent to friends?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

chaosbreather posted:

It seems like you're saying that worthless promotional merchandise is somehow equivalent to friends?

Holy poo poo you're right, lmao

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Chaosbreather cracked the code.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps

Don't get me wrong I buy useless consumer crap like anyone else, my point is I go get it myself when I want it as opposed to getting random China factory surplus stuff shipped to me monthly from halfway across the globe.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnruhcCZSn8

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

i'm getting lootcrate ads on SA now thanks thread

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

chaosbreather posted:

Yeah. People talk about "post-scarcity" like it's some future thing that we'll need major paradigm-wrecking changes to get to, but it's already here, at least within the context of the United States. We produce domestically, without even considering trade, like triple the basic necessities needed to support our population. And that's not raw GDP or anything, that's actual, physically-existing, ready-for-use goods and services that people need to live and aren't getting enough of. We just don't actually give any kind of a poo poo for distributing it effectively. One in five americans has to skip meals to make ends meet while more than half of domestic food production goes to waste.

But man, if you want to let your cubicle neighbors know which corporate IPs your identity is conflated with, we've got that poo poo on lockdown.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Judging by how stank rear end most goons are, they would be better served signing up for the Underwear of the month club, or the Soap of the Quarter Association.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

les enfants Terrific!
Dec 12, 2008

ElGroucho posted:

Judging by how stank rear end most goons are, they would be better served signing up for the Underwear of the month club, or the Soap of the Quarter Association.

you know this poo poo exists

• Locked thread