Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

It absolutely has the built in Intel GPU, which is about as good as having none.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Dewgy posted:

a manchild falls through the earth and into a long abandoned candy room. upon turning on a nearby light he spies row upon row of skeletons. grasping the nearest by the shoulders, he shakes it madly, yelling "my nigga have u tried lsd"

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

FirstAidKite posted:

I dunno if it's a good computer, probably not, and even if it was I wouldn't want to get it or anything. I just like how aldi is like "hi I'm a grocery store, this week's deals are meat, jaffa cakes, chainsaws, and this computer"

Both Aldi and Lidl have been doing pre-built towers and laptops since they opened here in Ireland.

In the early days they were great bang for your buck and a couple of my friends bought them for Burning Crusade era WoW but the machines lasted them for years because the specs were pretty good.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Lizard Wizard posted:

meaning what
I'd have to experience WoW again to elaborate, so meaning nothing I guess :geno:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I once got a fortune cookie with the fortune "still hungry? eat another fortune cookie."

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I got one that said I had a great rptation.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-vWkhJtE3Y

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

I once got a fortune cookie with the fortune "still hungry? eat another fortune cookie."

t-that's not a fortune at all!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I got one that said 'I can see up your nose'

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

one time i got two that hadn't been separated !!

please don't read the first one

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

So the greatest danger and ownership is your empty mind?

Deep. Somebody post this to Notch.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

What's the deal with exchange places like CEX? Are there ever good deals in there? The one near me had OOT 3Ds for twenty pounds, while it's like 14 on amazon prime. Everything else seems to be only 5% ish cheaper than new, if that.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The deal is they'll take your stolen consoles, phones and games for drug money without asking questions.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The Witness is finally on sale at an ok price on PS4 in Europe, I hope it's good

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

well why not posted:

What's the deal with exchange places like CEX? Are there ever good deals in there? The one near me had OOT 3Ds for twenty pounds, while it's like 14 on amazon prime. Everything else seems to be only 5% ish cheaper than new, if that.

Prices are only okay when it'l last gen stuff and even then it's not much cheaper.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Games go on sale so quickly and so low nowadays I haven't bought a second hand one since the 00's

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

I dunno if it's a good computer, probably not, and even if it was I wouldn't want to get it or anything. I just like how aldi is like "hi I'm a grocery store, this week's deals are meat, jaffa cakes, chainsaws, and this computer"

Even if you were to put a good graphics card in there, you're going to be very limited with that duo core processor. AAA games now, more and more, are needing 6+ core CPUs.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Looks like the PSVR review embargo has been lifted. The verdict so far: It's nice tech that's slightly pulled back by the use of PS4's hardware, especially the awful Move controls.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

In Training posted:

What most people consider "indie development" currently though is just how video game development functioned prior to the 3D era, with the key difference being that people actually finished the games thy made instead of ripping people off with Early Access

Even then Mount and Blade first came out in 2004, so they beat Minecraft to the punch at pioneering the early access model by about half a decade.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

FirstAidKite posted:

sh/sc or reddit.com/r/buildapc / buildapcfor me would be able to get you a better deal going easily

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I like polygon's videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4f1YvI3LY8

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

FirstAidKite posted:

I got one that said "Thanks for getting me out of there"

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I got a fortune cookie in 1998 that said 'stop mobas before it's too late'

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Rexroom posted:

Looks like the PSVR review embargo has been lifted. The verdict so far: It's nice tech that's slightly pulled back by the use of PS4's hardware, especially the awful Move controls.

The bombcast is having some serious issue with view wobbling, to the point where it's making Jeff sick.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

all those fortune cookies are a wash if they don't include your lucky lotto numbers.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

I got a fortune cookie in 1998 that said 'stop mobas before it's too late'

So you're telling us you had a chance to do this and you didn't do it? You're a god drat monster and I hope you live with this shame for the rest of your life.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

CrashCat posted:

I'd have to experience WoW again to elaborate, so meaning nothing I guess :geno:

When did you play last? Quite a few of the classes have been overhauled.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Lizard Wizard posted:

Are Druids still cool and good?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Golden Goat posted:

Are Druids still cool and good?

I'm playing a feral druid for the first time, it's pretty good

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Feral was what I played. Crazy handy being able to switch between bear and cat.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Lizard Wizard posted:

ages and ages ago, so they probably removed all the skill from Warlocks because people were quite bad at underusing them, and they were loving amazing in the hands of a good player

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Lizard Wizard posted:

meaning what

The last time I played, warlocks had a mechanic where they'd do more damage to one target if they had dots rolling on other targets. Blizzard basically gave warlocks permission to be scumbags in every encounter despite the handful of fights that required you to keep certain enemies alive for fight mechanics.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

well why not posted:

sh/sc or reddit.com/r/buildapc / buildapcfor me would be able to get you a better deal going easily

Probably. Thankfully I'm fine with the pc I have right now, I was just posting that cause I thought it was funny that a grocery store's weekly ad included a computer

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

the last of us is incredible

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Ostentatious posted:

the last of us is incredible

"are"

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

I don't know about the characters themselves, still early in it but most seem like assholes

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Joel is a good protagonist, I like him, videogames need more protagonists that are just unashamedly like "gently caress this poo poo" when given impossible odds

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Quest For Glory II posted:

since he deleted the tweet i preserved it

He's not wrong.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

precision posted:

He's not wrong.

It didn't cure him of his addiction to being a fuckin oval office so no he's pretty wrong as it turns out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

precision posted:

He's not wrong.

I'm afraid he is

• Locked thread