Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

It's October, the month for spooky games, and this is the chat thread for talking about games and whatever else comes to mind.

October game releases that I found after some googling:

Warhammer: End Times – Vermintide (PS4, Xbox One) – October 4
Rocksmith 2014 Edition – Remastered (PC, PS4, Xbox One) – October 4
Mortal Kombat XL and Kombat Pack 2 (PC) – October 4
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered campaign for pre-orders (PS4) – October 5
Mafia 3 (PC, PS4, Xbox One) – October 7
Paper Mario: Color Splash (Wii U) – October 7
100ft Robot Golf (PS4, PSVR) – October 10
Gears of War 4 (PC, Xbox One) – October 11
Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour (PC, PS4, Xbox One) – October 11
Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration (PS4) – October 11
WWE 2K17 (PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One) – October 11
Sunless Sea: Zubmariner – (PC) – October 11
Batman: Arkham VR (PSVR) – October 11
Metal Gear Solid 5: The Definitive Experience (PC, PS4, Xbox One) – October 11
Dragon Quest Builders (PS4, Vita) – October 11
Moto Racer 4 (PC, PS4, Xbox One) – October 13
PlayStation VR – October 13
Star Wars Battlefront: X-Wing VR Mission (PSVR) – October 13
Driveclub VR (PS VR) – October 13
Rez Infinite (PS4, PS VR) – October 13
Shadow Warrior 2 (PC) – October 13
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare beta (PS4) – October 14
Rock Band Rivals (PS4, Xbox One) – October 18
Eagle Flight (Oculus Rift) – October 18 / December 20 for HTC Vive and PS VR
Batman: Return to Arkham (PS4, Xbox One) – October 18
Battlefield 1 (PC, PS4, Xbox One) – October 21
LEGO Harry Potter Collection (PS4) – October 21
Civilization 6 (PC) – October 21
Dark Souls 3 – Ashes of Ariandel DLC (PC, PS4, Xbox One) – October 25
World of Final Fantasy (PS4, PSVita) – October 25
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 (PC, PS4, Xbox One) – October 25
Titanfall 2 (PC, PS4, Xbox One) – October 28
The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim Special Edition (PC, PS4, Xbox One) – October 28

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Happy NX reveal month! Hopefully! M..maybe?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Oh boy skylanders imaginators comin out this month

Likely not gonna get it but I'm excited to see the new skylander designs and backstories because those things get pretty funny sometimes in how dumb they are

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

FirstAidKite posted:

Oh boy skylanders imaginators comin out this month

Likely not gonna get it but I'm excited to see the new skylander designs and backstories because those things get pretty funny sometimes in how dumb they are

I don't know a thing about Skylanders but I googled them and the game's being developed by Toys for Bob and boy that takes me back - I put hours and hours into Star Control 2, and still love it to this day, even if it is a game where you have to use cheats to cut down on mining tedium. The species in that game were fantastic.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I'm gonna play Luigi's Mansion

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Also FactsAreUseless please obey the rules of your thread and change your name

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

StrixNebulosa posted:

I don't know a thing about Skylanders but I googled them and the game's being developed by Toys for Bob and boy that takes me back - I put hours and hours into Star Control 2, and still love it to this day, even if it is a game where you have to use cheats to cut down on mining tedium. The species in that game were fantastic.

The skylanders designs imo are all over the place, some are pretty great and then a lot are just weirdly bland and boring. I get that it's primarily aimed at kids but you'd think they'd try to make all of the characters interesting instead of just some.

Like, seriously, here are two different figures from the Trap Team line.

What kid wants acorn-man

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

That thread title :kimchi:

FirstAidKite posted:

The skylanders designs imo are all over the place, some are pretty great and then a lot are just weirdly bland and boring. I get that it's primarily aimed at kids but you'd think they'd try to make all of the characters interesting instead of just some.

Like, seriously, here are two different figures from the Trap Team line.

What kid wants acorn-man

I dunno, acorn guy looks kinda cool. I like his little acorn hat with the horns. Very druid.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hello I can't afford any games in October but I'll probably buy DQ Builders anyway.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

It's time for spooky games so i'm trying to decide between introducing the bf to Resident Evil or SIlent Hill series.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Golden Goat posted:

It's time for spooky games so i'm trying to decide between introducing the bf to Resident Evil or SIlent Hill series.

Alternate between them and finish with RE4

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Grapplejack posted:

I dunno, acorn guy looks kinda cool. I like his little acorn hat with the horns. Very druid.

I think an acorn hat could look cool in a good design but I think the big issue for me is his face. He just kinda looks, idk, constipated or somethin

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Is the MGSV GOTY just a bunch of lovely cosmetic and item DLC like most GOTYs are now?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

FactsAreUseless posted:

Is the MGSV GOTY just a bunch of lovely cosmetic and item DLC like most GOTYs are now?

ya. It's Ground Zeroes + Phantom Pain + cosmetic dlc

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Nothing out this month that I want.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i am going to get paper mario, and the stellaris dlc

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm getting World of Final Fantasy and maybe Dragon Quest Builders/Paper Mario/Nioh and maybe KoFXIV if Amazon ever gets it back in stock because I'm not paying £50 on PSN

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Is anyone buying Playstation VR

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
This thread is haunted!!!!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I wanna believe

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Well, here comes the month when all the games I want are coming out. Between DQ Builders, World of FF, Civ 6, and 100 Foot Robot Golf, good lord I am going to spend too much on video games over the next couple months.

That on top of a couple spooky Halloween themed games I'm planning ok getting.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Help Im Alive posted:

Is anyone buying Playstation VR

Does anyone have $400 to spare?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Nothing coming out the rest of the year looks good. :/

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
DIsney's Magical World 2 comes out this month

in europe

KCB wants it but we're in the US so she has to wait until next month. She liked the first game a bunch so she might preorder it to get the frozen costumes

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

This might be the year I finally get a WWE game. Outdoor arenas sound awesome.

I said come in! posted:

Nothing coming out the rest of the year looks good. :/

Gravity Rush 2 yo

I still need to finish the first one

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

DS3 DLC out this month too, hopefully it'll be sufficiently spooky

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Doing the horror game thing this month again for like the fourth or fifth year. Want to beat the second loop in Castlevania (I did VS on hard last year), maybe Vampire Killer MSX and 3, play that newish Echo Night translation, and maybe continue Ghost 'n Goblins or something :spooky:

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Doom Goon posted:

Doing the horror game thing this month again for like the fourth or fifth year. Want to beat the second loop in Castlevania (I did VS on hard last year), maybe Vampire Killer MSX and 3, play that newish Echo Night translation, and maybe continue Ghost 'n Goblins or something :spooky:

I tried streaming something like this a couple years back and only got through 1 1/2 games.

And now you've reminded me I didn't finish McFarlane's Evil Prophecy :stonk:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Happy Civ VI Month!!

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
What are the big selling points of Civ 6? I like 4X games but I feel pretty happy with Endless Legend and Civ 5 for the moment.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

from what i understand the lead guy who turned civ v from bad to good through expansions is behind civ vi. and the city building is more complex ??

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

Excited to see those Mafia 3 reviews. Long time fan of series

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

oddium posted:

from what i understand the lead guy who turned civ v from bad to good through expansions is behind civ vi. and the city building is more complex ??
It wasn't really "bad to good" as much as "at least understood the problems." The fundamental issues weren't fixable. There's some really good interviews and stuff with him about why the hex system didn't work.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

dark magic never does 👼

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Is the new Tomb Raider good, I didn't realise it was out on PS4 this month

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

I'm getting World of Final Fantasy and maybe Dragon Quest Builders/Paper Mario/Nioh and maybe KoFXIV if Amazon ever gets it back in stock because I'm not paying £50 on PSN

Nioh unfortunately doesn't come out until February. :(

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I thought civ 6 was already out

I could have sworn I remembered it coming out and people being disappointed because it wasn't like post-dlc civ 5

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

They've been very generous with info about the game and its mechanics over the past few months, and the NDA on the pre-release ended not too long ago so there's videos up already

Maybe that's what youve been indirectly absorbing, I dunno

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

I thought civ 6 was already out

I could have sworn I remembered it coming out and people being disappointed because it wasn't like post-dlc civ 5

Maybe you're thinking about Beyond Earth, which did suck?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Help Im Alive posted:

Is the new Tomb Raider good, I didn't realise it was out on PS4 this month

Everything I've read says it's more of the same if you liked TR 2013 but doesn't do anything new except expanding on the open world stuff, so I'm expecting Arkham City to 2013's Asylum.

• Locked thread