Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
How many first round picks do the Dolphins give Vikings for Bridgewater

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Blitz7x posted:

1 for Bridgewater as is and 1 for the other half of his leg.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Thank god Bengals will be shown in enough states to guarantee a Cowboys victory

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

CyberPingu posted:

He got his ring and stopped caring

This doesn't seem to be Revis's main motivation. Plus he was pretty good last year.

I'm not ready to call him done yet, but if he is it happens to a lot of guys on the wrong side of 30.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
https://twitter.com/Alden_Gonzalez/status/783477632666963968

oh snap!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Blitz7x posted:

Hopefully zero since he's not very good and would fail spectacularly in Miami!!

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

blue squares posted:

Thank god Bengals will be shown in enough states to guarantee a Cowboys victory

It's either gonna be a hilarious collapse by the Bengals or a solid Bengals lead throughout most of the game, no in between

we did just take a win in fake primetime, but it was against the Dolphins, so it might not actually count

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Has Revis really fallen off a cliff?

I bought FO's charting data because I am a gigantic nerd, and even aside from the giant pass in game 1 where he was expecting safety coverage over the top and the TD he was burned on in game 2, he's just been pretty awful:

He's been targeted 16 times, and giving up 16.8 yards per pass (62nd of 62 qualifying CB's), has a success rate* of 38% (57th), with 5.4 YAC average (62nd). Also passes thrown at him are averaging being 16.7 yards downfield which is 7th highest (Lowest is Tramon Williams at 5.9 yards downfield)

From my sloppy rear end view of watching him in weeks 1 and 2, he looked okay, but slower then he used to be, and probably being victimized by the Jets' really poor safety play, but still.... these are just awful numbers in Saints cornerback territory.

*Success rate is any pass that doesn't get 45% of the yards needed to convert on 1st down, 60% on 2nd down or 100% on 3rd/4th down0

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Lost a step like Nnamdi?

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

If he starts promoting magic water, I'm gonna be furious.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

We don't really know when nmamdi lost his step, since for most of his raiders career it was just him and ten guys named Steve out there.

He could have been poo poo for years and other teams might just have avoided him because might as well.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Vertical Lime posted:

Week 5 maps

http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2016&wk=5

A lot of people are gonna watch Fitz' latest disaster

TEN@MIA
SD@OAK
ATL@DEN

:barf:

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

OBJ gives as good as he gets if you watch everything.

I'm just saying, the refs should be looking at what the defense is doing too, even if OBJ isn't innocent in it.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Oher and Cam out today.

I hope bucs fans are ready to get shlonged by Derek Anderson again.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Sorry Odell Cam has already filled the role of whiny superstar where if people hate them because of their whining they're called racists

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

Oher and Cam out today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUz9xCTOPRw

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Do it ironically posted:

Sorry Odell Cam has already filled the role of whiny superstar where if people hate them because of their whining they're called racists

it's the only explanation i have for your weird-rear end fixation on the dude

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

FizFashizzle posted:

Oher and Cam out today.

Can we just give you guys the W instead of being embarrassed on national TV again?

Not practicing and likely not playing are:
Gerald McCoy
Doug Martin
Charles Sims
Robert Ayers
Noah Spence
Cecil Shorts
Brandon Myers
Luke Stocker
Keith Tandy

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

wandler20 posted:

Can we just give you guys the W instead of being embarrassed on national TV again?

Gerald McCoy
Doug Martin
Charles Sims
Robert Ayers
Noah Spence
Cecil Shorts
Brandon Myers
Luke Stocker
Keith Tandy

I think the nation as a whole needs this game not to happen.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

wandler20 posted:

Gerald McCoy
Doug Martin
Charles Sims
Robert Ayers
Noah Spence
Cecil Shorts
Brandon Myers
Luke Stocker
Keith Tandy

Well at least you have noted stud Roberto Aguayo ready to go!

I mean sure he hasn't scored a field goal in three consecutive games and is 1 for 3 overall on the season, but at least he's 8 for 9 on extra points and apparently tackled somebody soo.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Christ

https://twitter.com/josephperson/status/783701959748513796

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
This needs to be shared more

https://twitter.com/JaredLorenzen22/status/775475230693289984

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

:vince:
Make this the backround of TFF, Brock.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

maybe Donald Hawkins is the breakout star of the year!!!!!

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Diva Cupcake posted:

mcmagic isn't wrong about the pass defense. Jets are worst in league in NY/A against, Y/A against, 31st in pass defense DVOA, 31st in Rating against. Only the Lions are even close to as bad.

It's loving dire.

https://twitter.com/fbgchase/status/782778493218254848
https://twitter.com/fbgchase/status/782778641730113536

At first glance some of those WP values looked suspect, and they don't match up with PFR.

For Bengals vs Jets for example, it's a 3rd & 10 from their own 25 with 46 seconds to go and down 1 point. Tough spot for sure, but the table shows a 5~% win percentage which seems quite low. PFR has it at 22.7~ which is much more reasonable imo.

Doesn't really affect the fact that the Jets D has been a more surprising failure than Fitzy's flailings.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

This is great but I'm more curious about what created beef between Hefty and the dawg pound

And how that beef survived being around Lefty without being eaten

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

What happened between him and Browns fans?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Brockenstein posted:

This is great but I'm more curious about what created beef between Hefty and the dawg pound

And how that beef survived being around Lefty without being eaten

He's probably mad they won't even bring him in for a workout despite them being down to Madden create a player at QB.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
https://twitter.com/JForsett/status/783696345940922369

I like a good player tweet. :D

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Hell, Patriots? It's not like James White is doing anything and Dion Lewis is MIA.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Blitz7x posted:

Intruder please change my name to gently caress Duke

My man.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Kalli posted:

He's probably mad they won't even bring him in for a workout despite them being down to Madden create a player at QB.

If you took someone who wasn't all that familiar with football and showed them Throwboy next to Joe Thomas and asked which one is an offensive lineman they'd probably pick Battleship every time so I can't blame them

Dude couldn't even get a starting job when he was in reasonable shape

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Hell, Patriots? It's not like James White is doing anything and Dion Lewis is MIA.

Blount

Send him to Seattle, back to where you came from sir

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

kalensc posted:

At first glance some of those WP values looked suspect, and they don't match up with PFR.

For Bengals vs Jets for example, it's a 3rd & 10 from their own 25 with 46 seconds to go and down 1 point. Tough spot for sure, but the table shows a 5~% win percentage which seems quite low. PFR has it at 22.7~ which is much more reasonable imo.
Chase Stuart runs PFR so I assume he has them right? I dunno.

Also Revis played well against the Seahawks but it didn't matter any because they just victimized the safeties on underneath crossing routes all game.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Brockenstein posted:

If you took someone who wasn't all that familiar with football and showed them Throwboy next to Joe Thomas and asked which one is an offensive lineman they'd probably pick Battleship every time so I can't blame them

Dude couldn't even get a starting job when he was in reasonable shape

Blount

Blount has absolutely no wiggle but I guess they're relying on power running these days with him.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Blounts entire purpose on the patriots is to punish defenses when they go small trying to protect against new englands endless offensive pass interference.

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Oct 5, 2016

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Tampa Bay or Panthers? Could Forsett beat out Fozzy right now?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Brockenstein posted:

Seattle has roughly 5,000 RBs right now. And while Michael hasn't been an unmitigated disaster like I thought he would be this time around, I'm not ready to gamble on a re-tread again.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

FizFashizzle posted:

Blounts entire purpose on the patriots is to punish defenses when they go small trying to protect against the patriots endless offensive pass interference.

Actually the Manning Broncos were even more egregious than the Patriots.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

FizFashizzle posted:

Blounts entire purpose on the patriots is to punish defenses when they go small trying to protect against the patriots endless offensive pass interference.

Yeah, let's not forget that Blount was too dumb to learn pass protection for most of the teams he was on. Dude is just a wrecking ball for punishing tacklers. He's Marshawn Lynch without the polish or cunning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/UniWatch/status/783710008538259457

• Locked thread