Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Bad Sneakers posted:

Apparently it's getting a huge reaction from the autism community, parents especially.I assume that's where most of the orders are coming from.

If I had something like that in school, I bet it would have taken the edge off my ADD. I'm one of those weirdos that can't read in silence but I can do 2-3 things simultaneously with high accuracy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Inzombiac posted:

If I had something like that in school, I bet it would have taken the edge off my ADD. I'm one of those weirdos that can't read in silence but I can do 2-3 things simultaneously with high accuracy.

If you had something like that in school, your teachers would have taken it away from you because you were playing with a toy in class.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Bad Sneakers posted:

Apparently it's getting a huge reaction from the autism community, parents especially.I assume that's where most of the orders are coming from.

I know a blind person that would love something like this, so there may be a market there as well. It's definitely a great product that can be fun while also helping certain individuals.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Truga posted:

It's preorders, but on kickstarter :shrug:

content:

Guys I think this might be fake. The dog's clearly real but the sunlight on the Earth doesn't match up with the sunlight on the rocks.

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

Bad Sneakers posted:

code:
Pledge $849 or more

80 x Fidget Cube

You'll receive EIGHTY (80) Fidget Cubes (10 of each color). If you’re a distributor, retailer, school, or a corporate office looking for a great gift for your team this Christmas, this one's for you.

FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING.

INCLUDES
Fidget Cube (x80)
ESTIMATED DELIVERY
Dec 2016
SHIPS TO
Anywhere in the world
Reward no longer available
82 backers

Checks out

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
So you're saying they should have just advertised directly on SA?

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

The Fidget Toy business is a booming business.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

http://i.imgur.com/jtajA9O.gifv

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

What a dumb jump scare

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Turtlicious posted:

What a dumb jump scare

But enough about your posting.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

I think this and the elevator trap door are my favourite Japanese total dick pranks ever.

I mean the poor guy actually did the 'fall over, get up and fall over again' thing you usually only see in horror films.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Aren't most of those japanese prank shows all staffed by actors who are paid for their ability to react in the correct and expected way so that the braindead celebrity in the little bubble in the corner can cover her mouth and laugh in the correct way?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Gorilla Salad posted:

I think this and the elevator trap door are my favourite Japanese total dick pranks ever.

I mean the poor guy actually did the 'fall over, get up and fall over again' thing you usually only see in horror films.

All the japanese pranks are fake

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Did you guys really have to ruin this for me?

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
All things are fake. Reality is a lie. Dehumanize yourself and face to bloodshed

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Turtlicious posted:

Did you guys really have to ruin this for me?

Dude they're loving with you. That's not Japanese prank shows, that's just Japan. Place is hosed up I tell you. You try to eat your shiitake in peace and then bam wrecking ball to the mayo.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...
Every now and then on the Gaki no Tsukai Batsu games they won't tell celebrities that something is going to happen to them. Like what they did to Yūya Yagira.

http://i.imgur.com/y5tjSC4.gifv

Gooncam keeps breaking on me when I try to save the rest of the scene, but it's from the Detective punishment game. They drive over Hamada and Yagira, then set off an explosion that startles Yagira. He also got punished by Egashira 2:50.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Evilreaver posted:

All things are fake. Reality is a lie. Dehumanize yourself and face to bloodshed
This is a lie.

Like everything else.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

The Repo Man posted:

Every now and then on the Gaki no Tsukai Batsu games they won't tell celebrities that something is going to happen to them. Like what they did to Yūya Yagira.

http://i.imgur.com/y5tjSC4.gifv

Gooncam keeps breaking on me when I try to save the rest of the scene, but it's from the Detective punishment game. They drive over Hamada and Yagira, then set off an explosion that startles Yagira. He also got punished by Egashira 2:50.

Most brutal thing I've ever seen on this show is where they brought in the guys very recently divorced wife, then proceeded to own him with Jokes about how he was the worst while she being remarried.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

w00tmonger posted:

Most brutal thing I've ever seen on this show is where they brought in the guys very recently divorced wife, then proceeded to own him with Jokes about how he was the worst while she being remarried.

Jesus

Kikka
Feb 10, 2010

I POST STUPID STUFF ABOUT DOCTOR WHO

w00tmonger posted:

Couple of years later, they contacted a couple of celeb women he had tried to get with (by using his status as a celebrity) and staged a fake trial to reveal the horny text messages he had sent each of them.

His family and ex-wife are watching in the audience

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I remember that one. They were all dressed up and pretending they had gone back in time.

I can only remember that his attempts at picking up celeb women were woefully bad.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Kikka posted:

Couple of years later, they contacted a couple of celeb women he had tried to get with (by using his status as a celebrity) and staged a fake trial to reveal the horny text messages he had sent each of them.

His family and ex-wife are watching in the audience

oh no they(mother, father, brother and ex-wife) were literally sitting maybe a foot away behind him while he had his entire illicit sex life detailed out, and then egashira farts powder into his face

it's my favorite batsu moment because I can't think of any way to be more embarrassed about anything ever

orange sky
May 7, 2007

boxcarhobo posted:

oh no they(mother, father, brother and ex-wife) were literally sitting maybe a foot away behind him while he had his entire illicit sex life detailed out, and then egashira farts powder into his face

it's my favorite batsu moment because I can't think of any way to be more embarrassed about anything ever

Where can I watch this?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Baronjutter posted:

Aren't most of those japanese prank shows all staffed by actors who are paid for their ability to react in the correct and expected way so that the braindead celebrity in the little bubble in the corner can cover her mouth and laugh in the correct way?

Sometimes but not always. Some are staffed by known celebrities but aren't necessarily told what is going to happen. People just like seeing someone like Brad Pit get scared/embarrassed on TV. America did it with Punk'd so let's not pretend we're immune.
Some people volunteer to be on a show without any real knowledge of what will happen on the off-chance they will become famous for it. Which, to be fair, is a reasonable bet considering how MASSIVELY popular these shows tend to be.
Shows like the Batsu Games are fun because they happen only a couple times a year (sometimes only once), are a huge event and usually runs for like eight hours. Plus every celebrity comes out for a skit or game and people go wild for it.
Imagine Drew Cary showing up in a dress to recite flowery poetry to John Stamos about how he is a terrible lover and Stamos is not allowed to laugh or else someone comes out and kicks him in the rear end. Who wouldn't watch that at every opportunity?!

Recently Japan has had to make laws on what the upper-limits should be for game shows after that one guy lived in isolation for months on live TV and could only get food if a certain sports team won a game. That's not the first time this has happened and it's a weird and hosed up social experiment. It's like the designers of Vault-Tec ran a country.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Inzombiac posted:

Sometimes but not always. Some are staffed by known celebrities but aren't necessarily told what is going to happen. People just like seeing someone like Brad Pit get scared/embarrassed on TV. America did it with Punk'd so let's not pretend we're immune.
Some people volunteer to be on a show without any real knowledge of what will happen on the off-chance they will become famous for it. Which, to be fair, is a reasonable bet considering how MASSIVELY popular these shows tend to be.
Shows like the Batsu Games are fun because they happen only a couple times a year (sometimes only once), are a huge event and usually runs for like eight hours. Plus every celebrity comes out for a skit or game and people go wild for it.
Imagine Drew Cary showing up in a dress to recite flowery poetry to John Stamos about how he is a terrible lover and Stamos is not allowed to laugh or else someone comes out and kicks him in the rear end. Who wouldn't watch that at every opportunity?!

Recently Japan has had to make laws on what the upper-limits should be for game shows after that one guy lived in isolation for months on live TV and could only get food if a certain sports team won a game. That's not the first time this has happened and it's a weird and hosed up social experiment. It's like the designers of Vault-Tec ran a country.

I really love Gaki No Tsukai.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Inzombiac posted:

Holy poo poo someone get Fox on the line.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

Recently Japan has had to make laws on what the upper-limits should be for game shows after that one guy lived in isolation for months on live TV and could only get food if a certain sports team won a game.
Nasubi? Fifteen months, can you believe that? :stare:

The link to Quirky Japan Homepage at the bottom of that page is a good one, too. Lots of pictures.

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Gorilla Salad posted:

I can only remember that his attempts at picking up celeb women were woefully bad.

It was something like text messages with sexual advances and every one of them ending with "pweeaase??"

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

orange sky posted:

Where can I watch this?

https://www.reddit.com/r/GakiNoTsukai/comments/2fgm9p/nolaughing_batsu_game_list/

its towards the middle of Enthusiastic Teachers, part 6 or 7ish. Or just watch all of the listed no laughing games because they're hilarious.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

I'm trying so hard to find the breakpoints to prove that this is an edit but I can't... so instead I'll say that I am such a wussy driver there is no way I'd ever be able to overtake this thing without a left turn as clear as the loop from Snowpiercer. Yes, that analogy is really weird but if you get it, you appreciate it.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Zzulu posted:

All the japanese pranks are fake

I'm growing increasingly convinced that Japan is fake. The more just downright bizarre poo poo I see leaked out of Japan and onto the internet has me wondering if Japan is real because no real location could produce that much weirdness.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

The only Japanese gameshow I want to watch is one that's been intentionally badly dubbed and named Most Extreme Elimination Challenge!

http://i.imgur.com/gSzXT9U.gifv

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

DaveKap posted:

I'm trying so hard to find the breakpoints to prove that this is an edit but I can't... so instead I'll say that I am such a wussy driver there is no way I'd ever be able to overtake this thing without a left turn as clear as the loop from Snowpiercer. Yes, that analogy is really weird but if you get it, you appreciate it.

It's an Australian(?) road train. They can be longer than that, somehow.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

DaveKap posted:

I think the places you are most likely to see these road trains are on roads that are straight, desolate and go on for hundreds of miles so it wouldn't be that big of deal to pass.

I remember an episode of QI where Ross Noble talks about a tour of Australia he did and one of the roads he drove on the SatNav told him to drive straight ahead for 2 days and then turn left (and then he missed the turn when it eventually came up lol)

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Kheldarn posted:

The only Japanese gameshow I want to watch is one that's been intentionally badly dubbed and named Most Extreme Elimination Challenge!

http://i.imgur.com/gSzXT9U.gifv
Such a good show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eminkey2003
Oct 11, 2009

From one of my favorite 90s R&B jams: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgmGkLR4rzQ