Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

WrenP-Complete posted:

I googled "object underwear" and TV tropes was the first hit. It means holding an object against your body to cover yourself. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HandOrObjectUnderwear

This is dumb as if you have underwear and pants, why are you holding them against your body instead of wearing them? On the other hand, this poo poo didn't happen.

Googled "Ugandan discussion" and apparently that means sex; so the guy had sex (multiple layers of STDH) and walked past his roommate naked and postcoital holding up the clean clothing he was going to change into after a shower. Once you decode the troper-speak it always gets creepier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disproportionate Orphan
Apr 17, 2009

Weatherman posted:

kangarookie more like oldpainless, amirite?

kangarookie more like kangadookie.

It just isn't the same. :smith:

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

TIFU on reddit with a slight variation on 'and then everybody clapped'

quote:

This actually happened a couple of weeks ago.

It was my mom's birthday party, she turned 50 and my entire family was going to be there, including second cousins, friends, coworkers. It was supposed to be a huge fun party until I hosed up.

Before the party began I was on Tinder looking for a girl to go out with after the party. After a while, I get matched with a super hot girl, like a colombian, white, nice body, I mean the whole package. She messages me and we start talking, 'she seems to be alright upstairs, there's no funny business', I thought to myself. We continued talking for a while and then, she suggests that we should meet. At first, I thought it was a great date for after the party but my egotistic self thought that it was a great idea to show off this super hot girl to all of my family and friends, a task no other member of my family of my age had achieved.

The party starts, I get tipsy, the girl starts texting me sexy pics, I get excited, and I start bragging to all my friends and cousins. The hype is real. Come 8pm she says she's on her way with another friend, which had the potential to be just as hot. Everybody is calling dibs, I get on my high horse, and everybody's waiting for the moment.

The time comes, she texts me she's downstairs and that I should go get her, I call my cousin which had the least amount of probabilities of screwing things up with the friend and we both go get them. I cannot express how hyped everyone was for this, I couldn't believe it. As we go to get them, the car stops in front of the building, the door opens up and... THE EXACT SAME GIRL FROM THE PICTURES COMES OFF THE CAR. I was shocked, she was stunning and right behind her... AN EVEN HOTTER GIRL GETS OFF THE CAR. I have no idea how I didn't burst out laughing out loud of the whole situation. I was drunk, but in my POV I played it smooth as hell. We go upstairs and everybody starts clapping at us, everybody was cheering, even my mom, it was hilarious.

So this is where the gently caress up begins. I didn't notice at first but the girls talked funny, they couldn't come up with coherent sentences. I didn't take much notice given I was drunk, but another friend who was sober told me and I started noticing it. I asked if everything was okay, she told me that everything was "fabulous" and that "my skin felt so soft like a magic gnome who granted wishes". This is where I noticed something was not okay, she then told me that I should do ecstasy with her and pulls out a small bag full of pills. In that moment, I was drunk no mo'. I didn't know how to react, I'm not used to being around people who do illegal drugs. At this point the girl couldn't even stand up straight given that we did several shots when she got to the party. The same thing for the other girl, they were both in another galaxy.

This is where it gets really ugly, the girl I was with starts having seizures and we obviously stop the party to call an ambulance but given where I live, it was going to be quite a while before it got to the party. So we take her to the hospital, check her and her friend in emergencies, and we take off given she wasn't supposed to wake up for a while, was stabilized and sleeping and you know... random stranger who does heavy amounts of drugs, who knows who might show up as her emergency contact; I didn't want to explain what had happened. I sent her roses and some texts but I haven't gotten a response. Hope she is okay.

TL;DR Mom's 50th birthday party, invited a super hot girl from tinder, didn't get catfished but she did ecstasy and who knows what else, had seizures and ended up in a pretty bad condition at the hospital.
Edit: words

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Zipperelli. posted:

shit_that_didnt_happen.txt: they checked his unit

Yes please.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

flashy_mcflash posted:

Normally this would have ended at the bolded part. It took one hell of a hard turn.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Holy gently caress, I got my title change!

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

How exactly do you switch a sleeping person's pajamas without waking them?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Hardcordion posted:

Well, you know, very carefully.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

flashy_mcflash posted:

quote:

I get matched with a super hot girl, like a colombian, white, nice body, I mean the whole package.

Thank goodness he clarified she wasn't one of those inferior brown ones. Wouldn't want that package to be incomplete. :rolleyes:

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Zipperelli. posted:

Holy gently caress, I got my title change!

:sax:

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Zipperelli. posted:

shit_that_didnt_happen.txt: they checked his unit

Why does everybody want to see my schlong??

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

quote:

So this isn't exactly a story of me being mistaken as an employee, and I'll repost elsewhere if I need to, but I thought everyone here would enjoy this. I actually just posted this as a comment in a thread where a commenter suggested singing All-Star by Smash Mouth at people asking you for money. This is by far the most loving insane thing I think I have ever done inside of a retail space.
I used your suggestion today at the grocery store. I was in the grocery store and a guy asked me for money. The song clicked on in my head and I started spouting off the lyrics.

♪ I said yep, what a concept, I could use a little fuel myself♫

...What are you doing?

♫And we could all use a little changeeeee

I started walking towards him

♫ well the years start coming and they don't stop coming

I added a little bounce to my step

What the hell man

The guy turns around, looking defeated but I don't let up.

♫Fed to the rules and I hit the ground running

I put emphasis on the last part. The man turned his head to look at men but I had already put a slight lean into my step to help me build momentum.

♫Didn't make sense not to live for fun!

At this point we are in an all out sprint. I left my groceries behind for the humble pursuit of telling this guy to politely gently caress off.

♫ YOUR BRAIN GETS SMART BUT YOUR HEAD FEELS DUMB.

The man makes a quick corner at the end of the frozen food aisle but can't quite keep his footing and slams into an open door in which someone was pulling a pizza. Knocked to the floor, the poor soul looks up at me standing at the end of the aisle. At this point I start to think that this guy maybe doesn't deserve this, but I can't help myself. I take slow steps into the freezer section whispering:
♫ so to do so much to see, so what's wrong with taking the back streets?

Dude bro is clamouring backwards, kicking to get away from me.

♫ *You'll never know if you don't go, you'll never learn if you don't bro.

Sliding on the condensation, the pan handler scrambles on the floor. Finally gaining his footing, he turns quickly only to knock over a small Coke display.... right... in front... of a police officer.

What the hell is going on here?

THIS GUY IS CRAZY AND HE'S BEEN CHASING ME ALL OVER THE STORE!

We had only been going at this for an aisle or two. The officer looks up at me with an eye brow raised and his lips tense.

Uh, he asked me for money so I started singing Smash Mouth at him.

The officer shot a harsh glance.

You were soliciting inside the store? Get up.

The officer grabbed him by the arm and walked him over to the store's security officer. Embarrassed, I seek out a manager and explain calmly that I did something a loving insane person would do because it sounded funny when I read it on the Internet. The manager chuckled, said they had issues with this guy before and walked me to the front of the store where they had posted a "banned, do not serve" picture of the guy up front. They had a whole rack of these pictures, but his picture was the only one that looked scared instead of smug.

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

ibntumart posted:

Smash Mouth

This is definitely one of the very worst things I've read in this thread. I think it gave me a migraine.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

moerketid posted:

This is definitely one of the very worst things I've read in this thread. I think it gave me a migraine.

that's just the shape of an L on your forehead

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Hardcordion posted:

With kids that age? It'd be pretty easy. You can pick kids up and carry them around while they sleep.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

The General posted:

With kids that age? It'd be pretty easy. You can pick kids up and carry them around while they sleep.

Yeah i could switch my three year olds pajama without really waking her up no problem. But shes also not an idiot and would have just asked me why she was wearing her halloween costume in the morning.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Who posted this? Where do they live? I want to fight them.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

food court bailiff posted:

Who posted this? Where do they live? I want to fight them.

Make sure to do it at the open door in the frozen foods aisle where someone is pulling pizza from it.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

Thank goodness he clarified she wasn't one of those inferior brown ones. Wouldn't want that package to be incomplete. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing. He clearly wanted to use that term he had heard films, but didn't realize that "the whole package" should be more than ethnicity and attractiveness.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

The vast majority of caring people do about sports is because they are betting money on them, legally or illegally. After that comes local pride. After that comes sports as a way to have fun go to a bar or gather with people, an excuse to do some drinking or eat some unhealthy food. Few people actually care because of the games themselves, and those people are weirdos.

lol you have no loving clue what you're talking about

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

artificially stocked lake posted:

lol you have no loving clue what you're talking about

come watch the Alabama game at Doobie's

speaking of poo poo that didn't happen

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

I like it when girls I meet express that
A. They pity me, and
B. They think about my dead wife

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

"shots fired" is such a god damned retarded thing to say

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

One last one for the morning

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Pastry of the Year posted:

"shots fired" is such a god damned retarded thing to say

I mean in an American school there's a sadly real chance it will be literal meaning.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I hate these fake wacky letters so much.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Don't you love how they always quote the hilarious parts of the original letter?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

➡️ You are the Member of NASA

Sign, Chief of NASA
(Cin K. Kif.)

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010

SPOOKILY A BIRD posted:

I hate these fake wacky letters so much.

poo poo that did happen: I wrote an email to NASA suggesting they send my fiancée and I to the moon for a publicity stunt wedding. They didn't send any cutesy response because they're not going to waste time responding to lovely joke emails.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

goose willis posted:

One last one for the morning

"one person started crying" is such a desirable detail int hese stupid things for some reason

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

sweeperbravo posted:

"one person started crying" is such a desirable detail int hese stupid things for some reason

Everyone was Alberto Eisenstein and one person started clapping.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

sweeperbravo posted:

I guess it's important to the kind of person who brags about (making up a story about) terrorizing kids for the crime of singing while playing outside? You know. Assholes.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

Chances this fantasy teacher wasn't fired : zero.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Aren't chickens usually kept in the same place as the eggs, ie the refrigerated section?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Chicken is with the beef, pork, and other meats. Eggs live with dairy, assuming this is an American grocery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Manuel Calavera posted:

Chicken is with the beef, pork, and other meats. Eggs live with dairy, assuming this is an American grocery.

And both would be in the refrigerated section, right? And then shouldn't it be obvious where the meat section is because it's covered with big cuts of meat?

I should be used to people missing blindingly obvious context clues from work. The counter has a big sign saying "PLEASE PAY HERE BEFORE TAKING YOUR SEAT" (not verbatim), a big-rear end cash register and little Eftpos thing, and usually a line already formed, but people still try to order from the little bench where we put takeaway coffees. We are also always asked for directions to the Target (we are literally in front of it) and the nearest toilets (next to the Target with big RESTROOMS signs and arrows pointing the way, both at eye height and up high). I think people just turn their brains off when they decide to go shopping.