Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

kingcobweb posted:

Don't play support Willump. Don't support with a literal do-nothing skill as a melee champ at level one.
take camp -> go to lane -> relic shield x2, consume x1 -> level 2 power spike

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Don't do it

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Coca Koala posted:

It kind of screws over champions who are dependent on vision and auto-attacks, which bums me out a bit.

Maybe if getting hit takes you out of stealth for a moment, it might work?

Thats how it worked in HOTS, yeah. Taking any damage (even their Sunfire equivalent) removes stealth and makes you targetable. I'd be cool with this addition (so long as less mobile stealthers got a short grace period on entering stealth).

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
What does Level Two Power Spike Willump even do. Please tell me. He still only has one skill at level two, no hard cc, aaaaaa it's so bad

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Blood boil all in brah

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Rework Consume so that Nunu has a window after consuming to regurgitate the health into his carry, baby bird style

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

turns out even when you can barely run the game and get a constant 4 frames per second and 160+ ping if you build sorcs first item on teemo against a melee when running flat ap runes and do not get hit you can do absolutely despicable things to people. at one point i had a 3 level advantage, at another point i had a 100cs advantage. still the most fun you can have in the game, imo. *

* to be fair my MMR is still sub gold as a result of exclusively queueing with my bronze 5 friend for several months so that probably played a part into it as well. but still, play yeezy rush teemo and feel the rush of power as you blowdart people to death

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Caitlyn/nunu siege

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

kingcobweb posted:

Don't do it

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

kingcobweb posted:

What does Level Two Power Spike Willump even do. Please tell me. He still only has one skill at level two, no hard cc, aaaaaa it's so bad
he continues to push the lane

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Give Nunu the ability to eat his allies to carry them out of danger. Also to consume enemies but only if he hits them 3 times first.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

make nunu's health and size larger as he consumes more things

oh wait,,,,

cerious
Aug 18, 2010

:dukedog:
Make all of nunu's abilities scale with bonus health. Fixing tanks, the Riot Games way.

e; E now scales with %max health of enemy as well

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Aumanor posted:

What if Yasuo decides to Flash -> E -> Q you? Personally I think he's one of the most unfun champion to play against, and a clear example of both the mobility creep making this game less and less fun to play and Riot's record with balancing resourceless champions (it's not very good). Also, Malzahar flash ulting kinda doesn't do poo poo now unless he a) gets a gank b) manages to set up a good voidling.

Embrace the chogod and yell at him into submission or you need a snack

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

let nunu eat allied creeps problem solved

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Aumanor posted:

What if Yasuo decides to Flash -> E -> Q you? Personally I think he's one of the most unfun champion to play against, and a clear example of both the mobility creep making this game less and less fun to play and Riot's record with balancing resourceless champions (it's not very good).

I don't have a problem with any of the resourceless champions in their current incarnations, they mostly have been balanced around having long cooldowns or other types of resource management, or have major weaknesses of some other kind.

A lot of players also seem to forget that there is a whole role dedicated to stopping champions like Zed from diving and killing dudes, noted good champions such as Janna Sona Alistar Soraka and Taric all are effective at shutting down assassin bullshit.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

pog boyfriend posted:

let nunu eat allied creeps problem solved
bring back old Gangplank

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Bring back old AP Sion

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

bring back dunkmaster yi

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
bring back old graves wtf

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

How Rude posted:

I don't have a problem with any of the resourceless champions in their current incarnations, they mostly have been balanced around having long cooldowns or other types of resource management, or have major weaknesses of some other kind.

A lot of players also seem to forget that there is a whole role dedicated to stopping champions like Zed from diving and killing dudes, noted good champions such as Janna Sona Alistar Soraka and Taric all are effective at shutting down assassin bullshit.

Heck there's a summoner spell that everyone can take that is effective at shutting down assassin bullshit

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
They took revive out actually.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
buff barrier and make it give you cc immunity

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

kingcobweb posted:

flash->ignite->die->"i think we could have won that fight,"

edit: oh, you meant Nunu specifically? i thought you were asking about the support level 2 power spike

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Riot is literally never going to delete a champion. If they don't like them they'll just completely redesign their kit, visuals, lore, and theme from the ground up and keep the same name. See also: Poppy, who kept her wall slam, "short demihuman with a shield and hammer" description, and name but essentially nothing else. They even changed her race :v:

They deleted cool Arnie impersonator AP Sion and it was bull loving horseshit.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
So Nunu now like Chogath where he gets swole and big by eating monsters? that's nice.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Nietzschean posted:

I just got Aether Wing Kayle from a hextech box, and now I'm torn because I already had Battleborn and don't even play Kayle. But it's not like I'm going to use any of these lovely recolour skins that have otherwise come out of the box, so ... uhm? Any guides on Kayle? Can she still jungle and support?

Aether Wing is so much better than any of her other skins it's not even close

Like honestly you should judge skins based on how good they are for spamming CTRL+1/2/3/4 and annoy your enemies and Aether Wing is the only Kayle skin that has one (CTRL+1) so it wins by default, also Battleborn Kayle's splash art is garbage, looks like a Michael Jackson's wet dream

Kayle is the only champion that can actually play all 5 positions in the game and not be considered completely troll

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Firebert posted:

Suppression straight up does not belong in this game, especially when activated from range. It makes playing against Warwick and Malzahar completely binary, especially if there is layering cc available. Also it being a unique form of hard CC that cleanse does not work against is absolutely awful counterintuitive design for new players.

Suppression was always their hamfisted way of appeasing players who complained "my ult is useless against a 1300 g item RITO PLEASE". It never should have existed like half of the dumb, overthought mechanics they've added since Season 1 (jungle items, drakes, trinkets, weaker bottom turrets, conservation stacks).

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
what's wrong with trinkets

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Teikanmi posted:

Aether Wing is so much better than any of her other skins it's not even close

Like honestly you should judge skins based on how good they are for spamming CTRL+1/2/3/4 and annoy your enemies and Aether Wing is the only Kayle skin that has one (CTRL+1) so it wins by default, also Battleborn Kayle's splash art is garbage, looks like a Michael Jackson's wet dream

Kayle is the only champion that can actually play all 5 positions in the game and not be considered completely troll

If Kennen can jungle there's another one. Paging Libertine, can kennen jungle.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

They deleted cool Arnie impersonator AP Sion and it was bull loving horseshit.

Hello, Lets! Get! Weird! rereg

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

henkman posted:

Hello, Lets! Get! Weird! rereg

Actually, that's another guy.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
SOLO QUEUE IS BACK
SOLO QUEUE IS BACK
SOLO QUEUE IS BACK
SOLO QUEUE IS BACK
SOLO QUEUE IS BACK

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/competitive/riot-pls-ranked-pls-2017-season-ranked-changes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usfiAsWR4qU

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Wow, who knew that dynamic queue wasn't good

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

aether wing kayle is weirdly tiny in game. she's barely taller than tristana, and is much smaller than her

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
And yet still larger than the base Kayle skin

Zoidomania
Apr 22, 2014
I read the description from the link about solo queue coming back, and I don't understand what the difference is between dynamic q as it is right now, and the changes that are being proposed. Help?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Zoidomania posted:

I read the description from the link about solo queue coming back, and I don't understand what the difference is between dynamic q as it is right now, and the changes that are being proposed. Help?

they're merging ranked 5s with dynamic queue now. also people at lower than masters queue will find a new thing to blame

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Dynamic queue means you can queue with up to 4 people and then 1 person is left out in the cold and/or ganged up on by the premade group. It's really common to see people boosting a friend using this method and makes rank less meaningful.

Solo/Duo means only a max of two people can queue up, so there's more potential chances that someone will actually have to solo carry instead of just relying on others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

Suppression was always their hamfisted way of appeasing players who complained "my ult is useless against a 1300 g item RITO PLEASE". It never should have existed like half of the dumb, overthought mechanics they've added since Season 1 (jungle items, drakes, trinkets, weaker bottom turrets, conservation stacks).

What's your opinion about Galio's Ult?

• Locked thread