Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Well gently caress, I don't think I can do this mission, I just don't have the right kinds of Servants I think.

e: Okay Shiki is supposed to be able to do the job, but when I first tried it her NP didn't do that much damage? Or do I need to wait until I have 300%?

Raenir Salazar fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Oct 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Raenir Salazar posted:

Well gently caress, I don't think I can do this mission, I just don't have the right kinds of Servants I think.

e: Okay Shiki is supposed to be able to do the job, but when I first tried it her NP didn't do that much damage? Or do I need to wait until I have 300%?

Shiki, Void, Liz, Witch Liz, Jack, Kintoki, Okita, Emiya and a few others all have Defense Ignore NPs. This lets them skip the ~200% Def Up he has. However, Siegfried also has a 90% Special Def Up, which means incoming damage is reduced by 90% and there's no debuff to counteract that. Just gonna have to stack a shitton of damage buffs on Shiki/Emiya/whatever.

Other options are to spam DoTs (Waver, Liz, Witch Liz, etc), use Damage Plus buffs (Waver's 3rd skill, Divinity, Azaka CE, Maiya CE), or Buster Chain bonus, which adds 20% of the servant's raw attack value as straight damage.
The latter two work because they are added to the total damage after everything else with absolutely no modifiers, meaning it completely bypasses the defense buffs. Herk is a good choice here.

Damage = [Raw Atk * (1 + Atk - Def) * (1 - Special Def) * other stuff] + Damage Plus/Cut + Buster Chain Bonus

Or you can just power straight through with as many stacked buffs/debuffs as possible:

Kyte fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Oct 2, 2016

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I've been trying to go for buster chains but the RNG refuses to give them to be despite either Zerkers or Buster leaning Servants, my luck has been atrocious on the current round.

Should my strategy be to focus on one Ignore Defence NP Servant like Okita and then stack buffs/debuffs? I don't have a lot of options unfortunately while also keeping the party alive until then.

e: AHA! I have the CE that stacks up to 1000 true damage after 10 turns, just need it on Cu.

e2: FINALLY. The RNG was gunning for me the entire time but Cu with the Lotus CE plus his Irate cousin managed to squeak me by.

Raenir Salazar fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Oct 2, 2016

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
I brought shiki and waver to spam their np like 7 times to win. I was hoping to solve it with instant kill... Too bad my Jalter crit with max crit boost did zero damage.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Oct 2, 2016

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
The easiest way to beat Siegfried is to just have everyone but either Herc or Cu Alter die and then just spam Buster Brave Chains.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

BlitzBlast posted:

The easiest way to beat Siegfried is to just have everyone but either Herc or Cu Alter die and then just spam Buster Brave Chains.

I was trying this but four tries in a row I never got a single Buster brave chain (Albeit those were times when Cu Alter had rotated out).

Once I put the CE on Cu so he could do 1000+ damage per card, and Cu Alter in the back row to finish the job, it worked the second try.

I expect Medb to be easier but I'm doing some farming first.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Medb is a joke, get a Jack with the Bride CE and have her cut down all the Riders. Right before the Casters start coming in (they're the last two enemy reinforcements, it's easy to tell) you swap her out for a Rider (I used Ushiwakamaru with the Bride CE). Kill one Caster and cripple the other (DO NOT KILL THEM), then let someone die and swap that Jack back in. Use Information Erasure to remove Medb's buffs, then watch Jack rip right through her. Since you left the Caster alive, Medb will waste her turns buffing them instead of hurting you.

I won with a team of Mashu/Serenity/Support Jack/Ushi/Jack/Kiyohime. I never even needed to touch my Jack or Kiyohime.

Incidentally: Baal are you ever going to put a CE on your Okita?!

EDIT: I should add that when the Casters come in, the one you need to kill is the second. That will strip the Quick defense from Medb.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Oct 3, 2016

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm sorry I haven't hosed with my support in a minute I've been waiting for a day where I'm not busy to burn through a ton of the event

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

It felt like i just fought Grand Archer Gilgamash. :shudder:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

There are actually two forms of the Gilgamesh fight, and hell if anyone can figure out what determines which one you get.

But one (NP Debuff spam) is significantly easier than the other (gently caress you super armor), so hope you get that one I guess?

EDIT: I wonder if tomorrow will really be a boss rush.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Oct 3, 2016

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Hero Gil needs a big numbers rush team. Pretty much everyone I've heard beating Hero Gil has used a at least partially cheesed Scach or worst-case a Tamalancer.
King Gil can be done by anyone. You just need to dispel him 3 times. Deermud, Medea and spending one or two CS can do it and is budget as gently caress. Add Leonidas for tanking if needed.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I do appreciate how in-character he is though.
---------------------

*Nod* "I acknowledge your effort to remove all my ATK buff to gain a little advantage over me."

"gently caress YOU! INSTANT ENUMA ELISH!"

*Recast buff*

*Laugh manically*

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
I never even saw the King version, it took me three attempts and all of them were Hero. Luckily my whole strategy for stuff like this is big burst damage so it all worked out. Thanks, level 100 maxed out scatman support.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

/fgog/ posted:

>Jack the Ripper
156,044 HP
Skill 1: Buff Immunity to all enemies (3 times) (used at the start of the battle)
Skill 2: Recover 15,000 HP each turn to all allies (including sub-members) when defeated [Removable]

>Medea
207,432 HP
Skill 1: Inflict 1,000 damage poison to all enemies (10 turns) [Removable]
Skill 2: Increase defense of all allies (including sub-members) when defeated [Unremovable]

>Artoria Pendragon [Alter] (Lancer)
235,220 HP
Skill 1: Increase NP charge by 2 each turn to all allies (including sub-members) when defeated [Unremovable]

>Amakusa Shirou
168,336 HP
Skill 1: Reduce Max HP of all enemies by 2,000 (10 turns) (used upon entry) [Removable]
Skill 2: Increase critical rate of all allies (including sub-members) when defeated [Unremovable]

>Ozymandias
274,475 HP
Skill 1: Increase attack, defense and recover HP (used upon entry) [Removable]
Skill 2: Increase NP charge of all allies
Skill 3: Ignore evasion to all allies (including sub-members) when defeated [Unremovable]

>Nero Claudius
446,614 HP
Skill 1: Guts (3 times), Increase critical rate, Increase critical damage [Unremovable]
Skill 2: Increase attack, defense and recover HP [Removable]

holy moly

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Please LB the event damage boost CE and put it on a servant. Jack, saber, jalter, rider, etc

Edit: welp, looks like everyone has given up on this

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Oct 4, 2016

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Did a ticket roll, got a second Jeanne Alter :twisted:

I can't really screenshot since this is on my awful tablet that can't do battles, unfortunately.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Did 6 rolls, got Martha

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Did 13 rolls, got jack poo poo.

why do I even bother sometimes :negative:

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Because you want that precious precious historical waifu

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Nyaa posted:

Edit: welp, looks like everyone has given up on this

It got nerfed so hopefully it's more possible now.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

I win.

edit: Time to never roll again since Jeanne Alter finally fulfilled the condition of having a gold servant in every class slot. Also getting Nitocris fulfills the "I need an offensive caster" a second time.

InfinityComplex fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Oct 5, 2016

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Extella got delayed until Early 2017 for NA but there's gonna be a special edition with cards of all of ur favorite servant husbandos and waifus and an art book

https://twitter.com/gematsucom/status/783746065879015425

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Saw all you people rolling Jeanne Alters and decided to log back in for once

Rolled 1 ticket

JEANNE

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

gently caress all of youuuuuuu

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tarezax posted:

Saw all you people rolling Jeanne Alters and decided to log back in for once

Rolled 1 ticket

JEANNE

gently caress youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Everyone who gets Jeanne Alter can suck my dick

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

To be fair, there's only two avenger available in the gacha now, so it's very easy to get her if you are lucky enough to hit the avenger card.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'd rather have Edmond anyways

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I did like 15 rolls and got garbage upon garbage. Screw you lucky jerks

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Nyaa posted:

To be fair, there's only two avenger available in the gacha now, so it's very easy to get her if you are lucky enough to hit the avenger card.

Angra isn't even in Jeanne's gacha, and honestly he's probably harder to get anyways.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Ah, then it's literally 100% jalter if you can hit the avenger class card.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
That fraction of a percent to hit that Avenger card, though.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
It's nice living in a world where someone on my list now has a NP5 10/10/10 skill level 100 Jeanne Alter so I can safely not need to worry about rolling for her myself.

Especially since I have Kintoki, Raikou and Cu Alter so rulers were never an issue anyway. :v:

GodofDiscord
Sep 5, 2013

Not the strongest, but the cutest.
Didn't manage to roll Jeanne Alter, after I used 17 summon tickets and 60 quartz, but I did get Orion, Emiya and Mary and Anne so it's cool. Plus I got Nero early on and Angra Mainyu from all this FP so I'm good.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Overlord K posted:

It's nice living in a world where someone on my list now has a NP5 10/10/10 skill level 100 Jeanne Alter so I can safely not need to worry about rolling for her myself.

Especially since I have Kintoki, Raikou and Cu Alter so rulers were never an issue anyway. :v:

You know what's better than being able to use Jeanne Alter?

Being able to use two of her at once :smug:

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Nyaa posted:

Pretty sure the gacha is not divided by class.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
As much as I'd like her I just wasn;t ready to really throw everything at it; I'll wait until the next time, or otherwise keep saving until the next interesting new Servant.

Beat Gil after ~5 tries. I needed a Command Seal to recharge to do it and stunned locked him with Scathach's NP's. :toot:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I finally beat it... With two berserkers. Truly, i am destined for buster team.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Kyte posted:

Pretty sure the gacha is not divided by class.

It's not, but if you see an Avenger card at the moment it's going to be Jeanne Alter, so no getting spooked like other limited gachas.
Rainbow orbs. Saber card. Atilla :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
I recently downloaded F/GO and used everything I've saved up until this point on trying to get Jeanne. I rolled 17 times and got garbage.

:smith: