Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

CJacobs posted:

It didn't cure him of his addiction to being a fuckin oval office so no he's pretty wrong as it turns out

Haha, true, I meant the first part, not the "Cures Addictions" part. Then again, I've always been able to quit cigarettes any time I want and I've taken LSD so maybe myth busted?!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

precision posted:

Haha, true, I meant the first part, not the "Cures Addictions" part. Then again, I've always been able to quit cigarettes any time I want and I've taken LSD so maybe myth busted?!?

"I've always been able to quit cigarettes any time I want" seems to imply you keep going back to cigarettes

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

get extra cancer fighting with cannabis oil. you can do it

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

CJacobs posted:

It didn't cure him of his addiction to being a fuckin oval office so no he's pretty wrong as it turns out

I doubt he would take LSD or even has the means to find it. He probably read the Wikipedia page while drunk and started babbling about it online

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

ImpAtom posted:

"I've always been able to quit cigarettes any time I want" seems to imply you keep going back to cigarettes

I smoked non filtered cigs for 20 years, give or take, then quit cold turkey with no withdrawal symptoms. I started smoking again after a couple years because my wife smokes and I knew I wouldn't get addicted. I smoked like 10 a day for a while then quit again because of tooth surgery, again no withdrawal.

I've had friends try to quit and basically go insane because of how the withdrawal felt, so I feel pretty confident when I say I have never felt "nicotine withdrawal".

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

precision posted:

I smoked non filtered cigs for 20 years, give or take, then quit cold turkey with no withdrawal symptoms. I started smoking again after a couple years because my wife smokes and I knew I wouldn't get addicted. I smoked like 10 a day for a while then quit again because of tooth surgery, again no withdrawal.

I've had friends try to quit and basically go insane because of how the withdrawal felt, so I feel pretty confident when I say I have never felt "nicotine withdrawal".

You should definitely keep smoking. If anything you should smoke even more since you don't have to worry about getting addicted and that's the only bad thing about smoking.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhKgPWVgrzQ

strange to think that they gave the muppet a review copy of paper mario, but here we are

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Ostentatious posted:

the last of us is incredible
It's one of my favorite games. Play the story DLC as well when you're finished with the main game.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Lizard Wizard posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhKgPWVgrzQ

strange to think that they gave the muppet a review copy of paper mario, but here we are

What's the bare minimum I can do to get review copies of video games

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

I mean you say that but learning puppeteering is far from the minimum.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

You can review titty games on Steam.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I'm gonna need about free titty to do that

EDIT: oh no this is an actual thing isn't it

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

MMF Freeway posted:

I'm afraid he is

His claim that it cures addictions is wrong, but what he's describing sounds like mild ego death which is a very real thing that can be caused by any hallucinogen.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Lizard Wizard posted:

I'm gonna need about free titty to do that

EDIT: oh no this is an actual thing isn't it
3.50 would probably buy you a bundle of games to make a convincing enough review site to scam a few more games and parlay that into scamming actual games you want eventually

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Help Im Alive posted:

you still need a youtube channel with at least 100 followers for accreditation

heres a cat i saw on twitter

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I don't like cats too much but that's a good cat

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

CrashCat posted:

3.50 would probably buy you a bundle of games to make a convincing enough review site to scam a few more games and parlay that into scamming actual games you want eventually

No no no, I said free titty

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Lizard Wizard posted:

they're handing them out by the dozens at the marketplace

CJacobs posted:

Joel is a good protagonist, I like him, videogames need more protagonists that are just unashamedly like "gently caress this poo poo" when given impossible odds

the VA for joel was stellar, i enjoyed it, really helped his character

most of the VA in general was really good actually

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Lizard Wizard posted:

Yeah, that's tree fiddy, just like you asked

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

CrashCat posted:

Yeah, that's tree fiddy, just like you asked

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Plok is amazing simply for the fact that you go back home at some point and eventually you daydream about your granpappy and it cuts to the first world again except it's black and white and you're playing as Plok's granpappy and the levels are somewhat harder. It's just asset reuse but it's stupid and dumb and I love it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Quest For Glory II posted:

heres a cat i saw on twitter

That is a very good cat.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
I want to do one of those periodic Diablo 2 Eastern Sun goon private servers that happen occasionally. And I have basically everything set up, but I can't, for the life of me, figure out how the previous people running these did the web-based respec. If I spent the 2-3 evenings to code my own, would anyone here be interested in playing?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

*rubs hands together* aw yeah, money well spent

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

u mad!

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

I've been playing this all goddamn day.

send help

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I am incredibly glad Steam refunds are a thing.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

That's fantastic. The ribbons giving the shooting star its tail is really clever and cute.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Lizard Wizard posted:

I am incredibly glad Steam refunds are a thing.

Seconding this. I made a bad purchase today and now I won't have to live with it.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

I think Final Fantasy 15 might actually be bad!

This looks neat, like Dungeon Master and Badman. Do you get to manage monsters?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

bloodychill posted:

I think Final Fantasy 15 might actually be bad!

This looks neat, like Dungeon Master and Badman. Do you get to manage monsters?

Nope! It's a tower defense game - one of the best ones on Steam, just behind Immortal Defense. You set up traps and try to funnel heroes into your whirling sawblades of death.

The closest you get to managing monsters is that you can set a trap that summons demons that will fight for you, and they'll respawn if they get killed.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

That's the cutest thing I've ever seen :allears:

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

StrixNebulosa posted:

Nope! It's a tower defense game - one of the best ones on Steam, just behind Immortal Defense. You set up traps and try to funnel heroes into your whirling sawblades of death.

The closest you get to managing monsters is that you can set a trap that summons demons that will fight for you, and they'll respawn if they get killed.

The tower defense I've played most is the Kingdom Rush series on iPad which I thought were very fun if not as free form as the old ones I played as SC and WC3 custom maps. Is this one comparable in the sense that there is a progression and different maps or challenges?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

bloodychill posted:

The tower defense I've played most is the Kingdom Rush series on iPad which I thought were very fun if not as free form as the old ones I played as SC and WC3 custom maps. Is this one comparable in the sense that there is a progression and different maps or challenges?

I've only played a little of Kingdom Rush on steam, but I just booted up Dungeon Warfare for some screencaps, so!

Here's the main map screen. Each icon is a map, and they have varying layouts and paths and so on. The ones on the right get very, very difficult and you can see where I'm still figuring out how to solve the later maps.

Every map has these difficulty modifier runes. You can toggle on as many or as few as you'd like, and one of them is Endless mode - or easy mode.

Setting up a level is like this:

You pick from your available traps, plonk them down around the level, and killing heroes gets you more resources which you use to build more traps. So it's kind of resource management - buy more dart traps, or upgrade them, or save up for the sawblades or thunderbolt traps. You can earn XP through the levels to power-up traps too, and it gets fairly complex.

I like it a lot!

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Ok! Games with fun, expressive, and/or creative crafting or building systems?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

mutata posted:

Besiege

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

mutata posted:

Depends on what you mean and for what systems. Are you looking for something more structured or something more freeform?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Any! Just looking for general call-outs for just the building or crafting systems. It doesn't even have to be a good game overall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

thats a leopard

• Locked thread