Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
what is a charlie dog?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Deceitful Penguin posted:

I know: bring back cop lady but make her fight like him for the next one with multiple characters

Can we also have Haruka come back and fight like Saejima?

They can explain it by making her a cyborg after the car accident.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

what is a charlie dog?
half-japanese character, usually with the undertone that they really should just be their other half but because apparently Japanese people are fundamentally incapable of creating characters that aren't at least part japanese, they're just half that

Jamesman posted:

Can we also have Haruka come back and fight like Saejima?

They can explain it by making her a cyborg after the car accident.
Pfff, she should clearly be more like Akiyama, while Saejima should be Hana-chan

A Yakuza all women spin-off seems incredibly simple, seeing as it already has bar-hopping, restaurants and you'd just change the hostesses to hosts

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Add hosts, but keep hostesses.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

That mod for Yakuza 5 really makes me want the fighting Haruka gameplay in the actual games.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
I was very happy to see that Akiyama gets to get he groove on, but IŽll be sad if Saejima and Kiryu don't get to do it too

Saejima would challenge a bear to russian dances of course

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i hate the karaoke minigame, but saejima makes it so much better

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
The karaoke minigame actually is good.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

i hate the karaoke minigame, but saejima makes it so much better

Rouge of ROOOOOOOOOOOOOVE

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

KingShiro posted:

Rouge of ROOOOOOOOOOOOOVE

I legitimately bombed that song because I was laughing too hard to concentrate on it.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
I always get sad that I'm too busy trying to get all the notes to pay any attention to what's happening

Same with the concerts for Haruka, though I did manage to get in some heavy sighs after the costume change

VVVV

Man, he was by far the best part of Dead Souls. So looking forward to 0, even if that won't exactly be his later character

Deceitful Penguin fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Oct 5, 2016

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Obligatory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooFoNwoMxjY

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Perhaps messed up opinion: Shinada is my favorite character to play as

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Crappy Jack posted:

I legitimately bombed that song because I was laughing too hard to concentrate on it.

:same:

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WbXgIOXZvk

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Endorph posted:

"These are the Kanjozoku. They like to drive around fast in lovely cars at 4 in the morning. But deep down, they're just expressing their frustration with modern japanese society, and with the world their fathers left them. If they're keeping you up, you can maybe call the police, but don't be too harsh on them."

These guys are fine, they mostly go on the elevated Hankyu Highways and don't bother most people trying to sleep. It's the little fuckers with the 150cc scooters who modify their engines to show how tiny a dick they totally don't have that are the real bastards.

Also, Haruka's nature precluded her from doing anything more physical than throw a light object at some dude, she ain't been teen pregnant. It'll be some "Noble sacrifice" of her reputation to benefit some inconsequential whosit that's dead before the game is over if not already.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
she probably got amnesia then shacked up with a sleazy politician

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

alcharagia posted:

Perhaps messed up opinion: Shinada is my favorite character to play as

he's my least favorite to play as but I loved his story the most

half of that might have been because of takasugi tho

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i liked what a sleazeball loser he was. every other playable character has turned out to be some incredible lion among men, even if that wasn't initially apparent. but nah, shinada reviews prostitutes for a living and lives in a shack.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

i liked what a sleazeball loser he was. every other playable character has turned out to be some incredible lion among men, even if that wasn't initially apparent. but nah, shinada reviews prostitutes for a living and lives in a shack.
gods now im so hype for this dude

Also, I wish they had a tropical island spin-off; they have the fishing, they got the crafting, the fighting is solid

it could work very easily tbh

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Shinada is great, I really liked his baseball mini game too and get this: I did 99% of those missions before I remembered the trainer guy was waiting in the bar to teach you the heat moves and poo poo lol.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
unfortunately his master quest line requires that goddamn fish

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

unfortunately his master quest line requires that goddamn fish

i had less trouble getting that fish than i had with getting that figurine he wanted from the new ufo catcher

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

FutureFriend posted:

i had less trouble getting that fish than i had with getting that figurine he wanted from the new ufo catcher

ugggghhhh, i had blocked that part from my memories

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.
i got the fish on my first try and it took maybe 5 minutes to get the ufo catcher, git gud

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

i refuse

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i would sooner die than put in the time and effort necessary to get good at the ufo catcher minigame in yakuza 5.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Hey, at least they don't have rubber bands in them, right?

https://i.imgur.com/OZDLd1j.webm

...Right?

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.
the secret to the ufo catcher minigame with the hole is to use a straight edge to line it up, or learn the music well enough that you can use it as a guide. it is not worth the effort.

Explosive Tampons
Jul 9, 2014

Your days are gone!!!

El Hefe posted:

Shinada is great, I really liked his baseball mini game too and get this: I did 99% of those missions before I remembered the trainer guy was waiting in the bar to teach you the heat moves and poo poo lol.

I basically completed all his baseball story missions without even having heat eye and with the shrimp bat. Much more fun and easier than the older batting game.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
What the hell is up with the shrimp? Should I be using that instead of the pawnshop bar, as they seem to level?

Also goddammit, why do I need all the spears before getting the unlimited one?? Can I even buy my old pipe back now? Where would I even get a squid or marlin or 5 pieces of something or other as whoremonger? (why can't there just be a drat seafood market??) Also, even with the thrift upgrade from the heian cosplay parasite and leveling things, it's still irritating to be forced to rely so much on weapons at times when the system for them is rather poo poo

Also the baseball stuff is hilarious because it's completely loving incomprehensible and I love it; they might as well have left most of it untranslated

That said, I fished tuna for fun in 3 and most of the UFO catchers are really easy so long as you just adjust the camera right before starting, so I ain't worried about that stuff

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Got a couple questions about Yakuza 4

When you get a new fighting move through a revelation or by finding a technique out in the wild, where do you find it in the menu? I picked up a new move from the mining quest underground but I don't see where to find it in items or in the abilities menu

Also, the second part of the mining quest where you have to defend the old guy from falling boulders is really kicking my rear end.

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

You make my korokoro go dokidoki.

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

Got a couple questions about Yakuza 4

When you get a new fighting move through a revelation or by finding a technique out in the wild, where do you find it in the menu? I picked up a new move from the mining quest underground but I don't see where to find it in items or in the abilities menu

Also, the second part of the mining quest where you have to defend the old guy from falling boulders is really kicking my rear end.

1. Under "Abilities/moves" in the upgrade menu, if I remember right.
2. Do some other side quests and stuff. After racking up enough XP, Saejima becomes a juggernaut.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Fuuuuuck, just got to Saejima's speech to the bloodthirsty deathmatch crowd about his guilt and remorse for killing those 18 yakuza 25 years before in Yakuza 4

These games are just so drat good.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

"Forging the Dragon", a documentary thingy about the Yakuza series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbELDqMPZ3k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Er4FbnbijU

Each part is about five minutes and I'd say it's worth watching.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Saoshyant posted:

"Forging the Dragon", a documentary thingy about the Yakuza series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbELDqMPZ3k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Er4FbnbijU

Each part is about five minutes and I'd say it's worth watching.

drat these are good.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Man, that's some pathos right there

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Toshihiro Nagoshi is a living legend. I can't wait to play 0.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yakuza 6 has transformed into Professional Baseball Spirits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
The graphics look so good, lots of detail in everything.

• Locked thread