Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

RBA Starblade posted:

What are the weapon and armor blacksmithing recipes for Maskar's? I can't find it online anywhere.

You should have a book that lists the recipes. Mostly it just amounts to putting X weight worth of bars into the anvil and hitting it, then you get a choice. Also don't forget to track down scissors and just turn all cloth you come across into bandages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Man Whore posted:

You should have a book that lists the recipes. Mostly it just amounts to putting X weight worth of bars into the anvil and hitting it, then you get a choice. Also don't forget to track down scissors and just turn all cloth you come across into bandages

Forgot about that, thanks. Just ran into a named bounty and a named boss guy in the same ruins. Several reloads later I walked out with Stahlrim armor. I had to leave behind the ebony. I have a shack in the waterfront that's becoming my base of operations. It's still frustrating how quickly I die (though I do have low health, 130 hp), but I'm getting the hang of the overhaul. Also I'm only level 6. That Stahlrim stuff's the best stuff in the overhaul right? I beat the guy by lucking into two varla stones in the ruins, then blasting him and their buds with a staff of ice storm, the only thing that's kept me alive in big crowded fights. I beat the other guy, who had ebony armor, by outrunning him and poking him in the butt. :haw:

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Sep 3, 2016

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
Is Enderal worth playing? I enjoyed Nehrim(not sure if its the same people but I had assumed so), although I never got terribly far in it because I was playing on a lovely laptop at the time and couldn't deal with the poor performance.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

Is Enderal worth playing? I enjoyed Nehrim(not sure if its the same people but I had assumed so), although I never got terribly far in it because I was playing on a lovely laptop at the time and couldn't deal with the poor performance.

It has performance issues even on a good machine, is buggy as hell, and has some odd anti-player design decisions going on, but it's worth checking out, if for nothing other than set design. I can comfortably say that it's better than the cost of admission!

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I know only a few people here were excited about this(me) but here's an update on those Skyrim mods on PS4 -- they're not coming:

MisterAlex posted:

Speaking of mods on consoles, it looks like we won't get mods on PS4, after all. It sounds like Sony is the roadblock preventing it.

So PS Plus price hike, no game mods, and (ostensibly) blocking attempts at cross-platform multiplayer.
I really like the Sony PlayStation, but I have to say I'm not a big fan of the Sony company.

Sarern
Nov 4, 2008

:toot:
Won't you take me to
Bomertown?
Won't you take me to
BONERTOWN?

:toot:

omg chael crash posted:

I know only a few people here were excited about this(me) but here's an update on those Skyrim mods on PS4 -- they're not coming:

I was absolutely going to buy it even though I currently play the PC version with a controller. I make bad choices.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
This is some drat good cosplay.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

That's a terrible red mountain costume :colbert:

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

That is some incredibly dedicated attention to detail.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
I've seen some really, really good cosplay pictures coming from Russia, like the one in that link.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiYlBQs7R9U

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

radintorov posted:

I've seen some really, really good cosplay pictures coming from Russia, like the one in that link.

Russia has a huge TES fandom for whatever reason. Half the really good cosplay and fanart comes out of there. I was talking to a Russian friend about it once and they said that Morrowind is just one of those games that everyone over there has played and that everyone seems to relate to.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Pikestaff posted:

Russia has a huge TES fandom for whatever reason. Half the really good cosplay and fanart comes out of there. I was talking to a Russian friend about it once and they said that Morrowind is just one of those games that everyone over there has played and that everyone seems to relate to.

Russia is a grim hellhole filled with cranky lunatics, but nonetheless it has considerable charms? Checks out!

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

I guess it's the Pathologic of America.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Russians are basically real-life Dunmer so I can see why they like Morrowind

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Scyantific posted:

Russians are basically real-life Dunmer so I can see why they like Morrowind

http://www.fullrest.ru/forum/topic/8735-amba-5-mertvii-gorod-morrovinda/

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

:perfect:

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

Yes but can they do the Slav squat?

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

Get out of here, stalker n'wah

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

So it turns out that Mods are in fact coming to PS4.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

Scyantific posted:

So it turns out that Mods are in fact coming to PS4.

Only, and I mean ONLY, if they are an ESP file.

I presume that probably means Papyrus files as well, too, but I'm not certain.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Sky Shadowing posted:

Only, and I mean ONLY, if they are an ESP file.

I presume that probably means Papyrus files as well, too, but I'm not certain.

Obviously that means no script extenders, but what else does that mean scope-wise for PS4 mods? Just simple new things nothing major, and no actual overhauls of the core game?

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Arivia posted:

Obviously that means no script extenders, but what else does that mean scope-wise for PS4 mods? Just simple new things nothing major, and no actual overhauls of the core game?
The announcement didn't give any details. It really depends on what falls under "external assets". Obviously that means no texture replacers, new items, etc. But if that means also no scripts, then it's going to be very limited and basically just be simple tweaks. Think "This weapon will now do 50 damage instead of 25"-level stuff.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

People will be able to add dungeons, buildings, environments, npcs, quests, and that kind of stuff using existing assets. Basically whatever you can do doodling around with the creation kit.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

As long as I can see my weapon holster on the outside in FO4 I'll be happy. That's all I ever really wanted.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

Arivia posted:

No models, textures, sound files. Basically nothing but esps and papyrus files, I assume.

If you can do it in the CK, you can do it on PS4. That allows for limited retextures, so long as the texture is also in vanilla Skyrim. Which is to say, no retextures.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

SPERG possible?

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

remusclaw posted:

SPERG possible?
No. It requires SKSE.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

That is unfortunate for those sticking with the consoles, it really does make the game better.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Are there any perk overhauls on offer given these restrictions? I think I've used at least one half-decent one that didn't need anything like SKSE.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Is there a TES:legends card cheat out there? I say this not because I want one, but because sometimes it feels like there is one and you run into a brick wall.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

Skyrim Special Edition will be on the Nintendo Switch (formerly the NX).

Evidence: featured prominently in the trailer.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

no mods?

no buy

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

On the other hand, playing Skyrim on handheld while lying on my bed sounds super cozy, not gonna lie.

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.

Agreed, I hope nintendo didn't waste a ton of effort partnering with bethesda only to find that most already had skyrim on another console, and that people like to mod

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Truecon420 posted:

Agreed, I hope nintendo didn't waste a ton of effort partnering with bethesda only to find that most already had skyrim on another console, and that people like to mod

True for the first point but PS4 Skyrim is getting mods soon (or maybe they're in already?) and I assume they'll allow them on The Swap or whatever it's called (.esps only though)

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.

Shab posted:

True for the first point but PS4 Skyrim is getting mods soon (or maybe they're in already?) and I assume they'll allow them on The Swap or whatever it's called (.esps only though)

You're probably right but I assume there is a reason that mods were not available for such a long time such that it's up to the console maker to include such software

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Truecon420 posted:

You're probably right but I assume there is a reason that mods were not available for such a long time such that it's up to the console maker to include such software

Morrowind for Xbox could be modded, granted you'd had to have a modded Xbox with morrowind directly on the hard drive but all you had to do was slap the esp in the appropriate folder and enable it in the ini. It's not some crazy technology unobtainable to consoles, it just isn't implemented because gently caress you you're going to buy it anyways that's why

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

omg chael crash posted:

As long as I can see my weapon holster on the outside in FO4 I'll be happy. That's all I ever really wanted.

God that literally made me stop playing FO4. I walked out of that first little town and my guy pulled a long rifle out of his rear end and I put the game down. Such a basic thing to not gently caress up, if my boys a sniper I want to see the rifle on his back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yuran M. Bazil
Jun 20, 2008

people play fallout games in 3rd person? (Or indeed any bethesda game)