Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
The 2nd series of Limmy's Show is on Netflix by the way. Still good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Rondette posted:

10th Kingdom is bloody brilliant. It predated Shrek in taking the piss out of fairy tales and the mythology around them, but not in a totally GRIMDARK way like nowadays. I have it on DVD and watch it every few years. Admittedly some of the effects look a tad naff now, but it's really good fun and has a pretty awesome cast.

the trailers for it which Sky absolutely hammered in the run up, like every break on every show that they had, were my first memories of actually getting Sky when I got an ON Digital box way back when. Never watched it though, think I was working then went down the pub when it was on

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

The Big Taff Man posted:

I think the boredom is a part that you forget about that would make being on the run hard

Also Im sure they said something on the first show of this series about having to stay on the move so maybe this time they have accounted for that and you cant just hole up in someones attic for a month

Yeah, they did. Suspect they got a bit worried by those girls who just disappeared off the map by doing chores for board in a little town last series.

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Waiting for a train, I needed a shit. You won't bee-lieve what happened next

Seems to me so far that if any of them or their friends just made sure they turned their loving phones off they would be alright.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I'm not sure what to think of Louis' Savile documentary. I can understand it being a personal thing for him to make, but it comes across as a bit excusing. As if he wants to cut anyone off from thinking he could or should have done more based on their closeness. The Daily Mail reporter part felt simply 'if you had got him first, I wouldn't have been in the position afterwards', and while he backtracks a bit when talking about the two girls he met after the documentary aired, there's definitely some victim blaming there too. It's ever so slightly sinister, which isn't something I usually take away from his work.

Nothing new came out, nor is it likely to ever come out. The people who were around him either continue to be or choose to be oblivious and they're going to take that to the grave.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Seaside Loafer posted:

Seems to me so far that if any of them or their friends just made sure they turned their loving phones off they would be alright.

I got so mad at one of the two women who won last year. They were originally in a team together, and the irritating one got super paranoid about everything. Like seriously her pal would look at a lamppost and she'd freak out with her because she honestly believed they had hidden face recognition CCTV in them. That could have been dumb but I guess eccentric and understandable given the pressure, but the same woman just couldn't help herself phoning home the whole time, using her own phone. Obviously then the hunters knew where they were. And she'd fly off the handle if the other girl called her out on it. The sheer hypocrisy really got me for whatever reason.

They ended up going their own ways and both somehow made it through. Fair play to the sensible one who holed up in some Welsh village but I have no idea how the crazy lady did it despite actually visiting her loving kid. She just sort of bumbled around and inexplicably kept slipping through the net.

I have to admit I do think a lot of it has to be staged. Or at least reshot to be more dramatic after the fact. The last episode had the two estranged friends bumping into each other literally as they ran for the plane. The timing is obviously bullshit because there's no chance they'd both get there at the exact same time. It has to be at least mostly real if there's a cash prize though, which leads me to imagine it's all done but then refilmed for certain dramatic sections.

Also, it's one month. One! Your kid or wife or brother or dog will be fine for one month. Please all of you stop effectively turning yourselves in by calling/visiting your immediate family. You're grown rear end adults, a month is not a long time.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

EL BROMANCE posted:

I'm not sure what to think of Louis' Savile documentary. I can understand it being a personal thing for him to make, but it comes across as a bit excusing. As if he wants to cut anyone off from thinking he could or should have done more based on their closeness.
The weird thing about this is that he actually did report Savile to the BBC for having sex with a minor and it never went anywhere, it's odd that he didn't mention it in the episode.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Probably a case of 'don't poo poo on your own doorstep'

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Paperhouse posted:

The weird thing about this is that he actually did report Savile to the BBC for having sex with a minor and it never went anywhere, it's odd that he didn't mention it in the episode.
That's the kind of thing you report to the police. I reckon Louis didn't mention it because it shows him being just as negligent and passing the buck as anyone else who had suspicions.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Flayer posted:

That's the kind of thing you report to the police. I reckon Louis didn't mention it because it shows him being just as negligent and passing the buck as anyone else who had suspicions.

No it isn't. The woman told him in confidence and made it clear that she didn't want to go to the police. It's not his place to dredge something up in that woman's past that she might not want.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Still watching Go 8 Bit, I question whomever picks people for panel shows for grabbing Dave Gorman a man who seemingly has only the most vague interest in the shows subject matter.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

SeanBeansShako posted:

Still watching Go 8 Bit, I question whomever picks people for panel shows for grabbing Dave Gorman a man who seemingly has only the most vague interest in the shows subject matter.

There was also the one in the second episode that admitted she hadn't played a video game since 1990. I get the feeling they struggled to fill all the guest slots.
Or maybe Dave Gorman is just a reliable star for Dave.

On the other hand, Josie Long was a lot of fun to watch as a guest.

Tenebrais fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Oct 5, 2016

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Yeah but Gorman is so laid back about the whole thing he might as well be lying down.

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
Taskmaster is good - £150 to go 20 miles though? How on earth?

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Not quite a sacrificial hipster, but it was tempting fate calling the showstopper a 'Hipster's picnic'

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Glad that Tom has gone. Creepy oval office.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

I wanted to like Go 8 bit, but so far only Rachael Riley's episode has been entertaining. It's hard to take any aspect of the gameplay seriously, when their resident GAME EXPERT~ (Steve?) rarely seems to have a grasp on the controls. I mean seriously who can't complete one screen of pac-man or spam spin-kick on tekken without messing it up each time?
It also can't work out if it wants to lean on nostalgia trips, or be a general video games show. It ends up kinda flopping about a lot, and this weeks mostly retro lineup (pong finale!) seemed to actually annoy the whole cast.
It also tries really hard to come across like it was shot 15 years ago, before everyone and their nan started playing video-games and trades off really tired cliches of it being nerdy.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Anyone who complains about playing video games being portrayed as nerdy, is a nerd.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Pissflaps posted:

Yeah.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

So National Treasure is proper good. Dying to see the last episode.

IS HE A NONCE
IS CRACKER A NONCE

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

DaWolfey posted:

Taskmaster is good - £150 to go 20 miles though? How on earth?

Ahh that programme never fails to make me proper chortle at least twice an episode. Al Murray's 'snowman' did it for me this week. And I could watch anything with Greg Davies in (actually except Cuckoo with him out of Twilight in it that wasn't good)

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Rondette posted:

Al Murray's 'snowman' did it for me this week.

I thought that was amazing, until we saw Pauls. loving hell.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Pissflaps posted:

He is.

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

IS HE A NONCE
IS CRACKER A NONCE

He is.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

BSam posted:

I thought that was amazing, until we saw Pauls. loving hell.

Bahaha oh yeah

Get a UKTV play account and you can watch all 12 episodes...

http://uktvplay.uktv.co.uk/

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

IS HE A NONCE
IS CRACKER A NONCE

I dont think theyre going to say either way but he'll be found guilty and go to jail

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Or if you can get he Bluray for £11 if you have a region free player.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/10th-Kingd...he+10th+kingdom

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
Taskmaster is easily the best Dave original show. It's better when they're also proper friends.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

thehustler posted:

Taskmaster is easily the best Dave original show. It's better when they're also proper friends.

I'd enjoyed Doc Brown quite a bit before that without knowing because he twice stood in for Simon Mayo under his real name for the Film Review show. I only figured it out because on the second one he explained how he came to take "Doc Brown" as a pseudonym.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Huh? How was Tom creepy? When did he ever do anything creepy?

You're weird.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
He's creepy as gently caress are you his mam or something?

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Why was his best friend called Pod? That's not a name. I wish they had fallen off that mountain

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Pissflaps posted:

He's creepy as gently caress are you his mam or something?
You call yourself Pissflaps I think you're in a glass house my friend

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Akuma posted:

You call yourself Pissflaps I think you're in a glass house my friend

And yet only one of us celebrates the deaths of literally thousands of people by way of a 'comedy' registration date.

I'm not alone in finding Tom creepy as all hell. Re-watch the earlier episodes and you'll see what we mean. Watch his eyes and his mannerisms. Awful person and I'm glad he's been found out.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Pissflaps may be a oval office with terrible opinions in politics, sport, and TV (probably others), but he's 100% right on this one

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
I hope Akuma is Toms mam

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
That seems increasingly likely to me.

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
I don't know how anyone could look at Tom and not immediately realise that he is going to cook a lady inside a giant sausage roll sooner rather than later.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
He'd probably cover the sausage roll in chocolate ganache to hide his poor bake too

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Tom's alright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Just looked in the archives and you once said "I dont think theres anything wrong with Jimmy Saville, hes just a bit eccentric" so I'm not sure I can take your opinion on Tom in good faith