Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Eifert won't play, per sleeperbot. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum
I've been offered Matt Ryan for Blount, my current qb is Palmer (sucks and now concussed). Trading Blount will bring my running backs down to Matt Jones, DJ, Rawls (lol), assorted garbage. Blount may not be good, but my rbs are pretty awful...

The guy has 3 qbs and I can't see him rostering all 3 forever (wentz, Ryan, Wilson). My gut says reject and wait to see who he drops (waivers process today) and if he drops no one just pick up crap on the WW for the week (best available seems to be Flacco). Any thoughts?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

coronaball posted:

Niners defense an option for streamers in a Thursday home game against a backup QB? Maybe not since it's the first game without Bowman.

People are forgetting about 2015 IDP Superstar and MVP Michael Wilhoite!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Sweeper posted:

I've been offered Matt Ryan for Blount, my current qb is Palmer (sucks and now concussed). Trading Blount will bring my running backs down to Matt Jones, DJ, Rawls (lol), assorted garbage. Blount may not be good, but my rbs are pretty awful...

The guy has 3 qbs and I can't see him rostering all 3 forever (wentz, Ryan, Wilson). My gut says reject and wait to see who he drops (waivers process today) and if he drops no one just pick up crap on the WW for the week (best available seems to be Flacco). Any thoughts?

While Matt Ryan is the #1 QB in fantasy right now, the fact that he's got 3 QBs leads me to say wait it out. He'll probably drop either Wentz or Wilson. I'd snag Flacco and wait for him to drop someone.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Currently #2 in PF in my league, and sitting at 8/10. Really losing these battles here

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

bows1 posted:

Currently #2 in PF in my league, and sitting at 8/10. Really losing these battles here

The difference in points scored against me compared to the first place guy is greater than 150 points. The difference in points scored against me compared to the guy who has the second most points scored against is 65 points.

In fact I played a guy last week who has averaged 90 points a game for the first three weeks, had most of his guys on injury or bye last week, and put up 170 against me.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Question regarding waivers.

I thought you had to wait until waivers cleared before players became free agents, and you could pick them up without burning your waiver priority.

Early this morning, a player in our Yahoo league picked up Wentz and Rams D/ST off free agency at 5:07 am.

Waivers claims didn't process until 5:53 AM.

How is this possible?

His explanation is "Any players who don't have a waiver claim on them become free agents at 12:01 PST, regardless of when waiver transactions are processed."

People in the league are accusing him of cheating, hacking, etc :lol: I'm sure it's nothing nefarious, but can anyone give me an explanation that will placate my league mates?

RCarr fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Oct 5, 2016

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Sataere posted:

People are forgetting about 2015 IDP Superstar and MVP Michael Wilhoite!

It's unbelievable how happy I was to see that my waiver claim for him to replace Bowman went through in GoonTier.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

RCarr posted:

I thought you had to wait until waivers cleared before players became free agents, and you could pick them up without burning your waiver priority.

Early this morning, a player in our Yahoo league picked up Wentz and Rams D/ST off free agency at 5:07 am.

How is this possible?

People in the league are accusing him of cheating, hacking, etc :lol: I'm sure it's nothing nefarious, but can anyone give me an explanation that will placate my league mates?

I believe all the players that weren't claimed on waivers clear first. So they're available first. Then the system processes all the waiver claims.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

RCarr posted:

How is this possible?

Yahoo is weird and a lot of times the waiver period will end but waivers won't process for a little while still. If you log on during that time period, you'll see every player as a free agent, except players who were claimed on waivers, who will still be listed as W(that day's date) until they process

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

pubic works project posted:

I believe all the players that weren't claimed on waivers clear first. So they're available first. Then the system processes all the waiver claims.

This is correct. If you logged on at 5am and tried to add anyone that had a claim placed on them, your add would be rejected.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Teemu Pokemon posted:

It's unbelievable how happy I was to see that my waiver claim for him to replace Bowman went through in GoonTier.

I desperately need the help in the IDP league. Waiting on using my waiver priority paid off there. Hello .500! :v:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Sataere posted:

I desperately need the help in the IDP league. Waiting on using my waiver priority paid off there. Hello .500! :v:

Gerald Hodges is the dude to own there (maybe, but who knows)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

pubic works project posted:

While Matt Ryan is the #1 QB in fantasy right now, the fact that he's got 3 QBs leads me to say wait it out. He'll probably drop either Wentz or Wilson. I'd snag Flacco and wait for him to drop someone.

That's one take, but another is that this guy is shopping Matty Ice around for cheap and some other owner is going to jump on that poo poo if Sweeper doesn't.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Doltos posted:

It doesn't really matter what he produced the last two weeks, also considering Sneads been injured. Royal is a known commodity that will start farting out low scores soon and Snead one of Drew Brees' favorite targets. I would have definitely kept Snead.

In my other league somebody just dropped Snead for the Bills Defense (!) so I picked him up. So I guess I broke even at the end of the day.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

RVProfootballer posted:

Hodges still only got like 15 snaps or some poo poo after Bowman left. I drafted him late in the IDP league thinking he'd win the other ILB spot and be a good LB5/6 even if Bowman were healthy, but it looks like he's still 3rd string even with Bowman out.

Wilhoite also averaged like 7 tackles per game in 12 games last year

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Leperflesh posted:

That's one take, but another is that this guy is shopping Matty Ice around for cheap and some other owner is going to jump on that poo poo if Sweeper doesn't.

Yeah I thought about that. I just don't know if I'd bite if it leaves me David Johnson and scraps at RB. Eh, maybe I would.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Doltos posted:

The days a month ago when everyone was hyping up a 4th round rookie from the MAC on a run first bottom barrel team

We didn't account for the possibility of Mariota being poo poo

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

RVProfootballer posted:

Nope, Hodges was already losing ground to Wilhoite. Once Bowman went down, Wilhoite took over.

MarquisDeCarabas
Jun 16, 2012
Rishard Matthews lost his starting job to Andre Johnson; hurry, go snag him off waivers!

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Teemu Pokemon posted:

Hodges still only got like 15 snaps or some poo poo after Bowman left. I drafted him late in the IDP league thinking he'd win the other ILB spot and be a good LB5/6 even if Bowman were healthy, but it looks like he's still 3rd string even with Bowman out.

Wilhoite also averaged like 7 tackles per game in 12 games last year

Sataere posted:

Nope, Hodges was already losing ground to Wilhoite. Once Bowman went down, Wilhoite took over.

Oh well. Between Hodges, Heeney, and Perryman, a bunch of my favorite preseason sleepers aren't working out so hot!

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
thinking of dropping Allen Hurns for Will Fuller. C/D?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

bows1 posted:

Yes

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

RVProfootballer posted:

Oh well. Between Hodges, Heeney, and Perryman, a bunch of my favorite preseason sleepers aren't working out so hot!

So following up on the Hodges stuff: who the hell played ILB next to Wilhoite when Bowman went down? Nick Bellore? Snap counts have me believe Wilhoite and Bowman started, whereas Hodges had started and played 80%+ snaps the week before. Do we really think the starting duo isn't going to be Wilhoite and Hodges, when those two + Bowman were the top three ILBs?

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

bows1 posted:

Absolutely drop Hurns for Fuller. Hurns only had a respectable score last week because of a stupid 40+ yard touchdown in which about 5 Indy defenders completely whiffed their tackles and looked like they really could care less if he made it to the endzone.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

MrSargent posted:

a stupid 40+ yard touchdown in which about 5 Indy defenders completely whiffed their tackles and looked like they really could care less if he made it to the endzone.

Pretty much the reason you should play receivers going against IND each week

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
So anyone think Miami's defense is startable this week (waivers are pretty thin in one league) or will they find a way to give up 40 points to the Titans?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

RVProfootballer posted:

So following up on the Hodges stuff: who the hell played ILB next to Wilhoite when Bowman went down? Nick Bellore? Snap counts have me believe Wilhoite and Bowman started, whereas Hodges had started and played 80%+ snaps the week before. Do we really think the starting duo isn't going to be Wilhoite and Hodges, when those two + Bowman were the top three ILBs?

I think Hodges makes the most sense, but Bellore out-snapped him so I have no idea. I think regardless Wilhoite has proved that he's the guy to own there. I'd make a speculative add on Hodges if you have the space, but if you can only choose one it's got to be Wilhoite

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Teemu Pokemon posted:

I think Hodges makes the most sense, but Bellore out-snapped him so I have no idea. I think regardless Wilhoite has proved that he's the guy to own there. I'd make a speculative add on Hodges if you have the space, but if you can only choose one it's got to be Wilhoite

Thanks. This is only for dynasty leagues with 40ish roster spots, so in most I have space to stash and other quality starters. Other options are guys like Jatavis Brown (grabbed him in some), Will Compton, Jake Ryan, and a million OLBs. I also had Sio Moore in a few, so I'm poking around for decent replacements as my LB4 or 5 or thereabouts.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Azhais posted:

So anyone think Miami's defense is startable this week (waivers are pretty thin in one league) or will they find a way to give up 40 points to the Titans?

The latter.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

12 team 0.5 PPR keeper league.

A guy really wants Allen Robinson or Landry and he's offering me either Christine Michael or Doug Martin. I have Evans, Robinson, Landry and Edelman as WRs and Riddick, Bernard, Hyde at RB. He has Lacy but want to do something this week because of bye issues.

I don't feel that Martin or Michael are worth either Robinson (struggling but still getting plenty of targets) or Landry in a PPR league. I have a ton of receivers but I can start all 4 of them if I need because of the flex. Am I out to lunch?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

MakaVillian posted:

12 team 0.5 PPR keeper league.

A guy really wants Allen Robinson or Landry and he's offering me either Christine Michael or Doug Martin. I have Evans, Robinson, Landry and Edelman as WRs and Riddick, Bernard, Hyde at RB. He has Lacy but want to do something this week because of bye issues.

I don't feel that Martin or Michael are worth either Robinson (struggling but still getting plenty of targets) or Landry in a PPR league. I have a ton of receivers but I can start all 4 of them if I need because of the flex. Am I out to lunch?

Tell him to raise his offer significantly or else you'd go see what else you can get for either of those guys. Then go find what you can get for either of those guys.

I wouldn't take either of those dudes 1 for 1.

Rick Grimes
Oct 12, 2005

We Are The Walking Dead
So, I feel dumb for asking. But why isn't there a Probable injured player designation anymore? Because I have a mini panic attack each time I get an update "Player has been downgraded from healthy to questionable"

I go check it out, and he's just resting a day, or some other non-actually injured prognosis.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The NFL got rid of it and it sucks.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Rick Grimes posted:

So, I feel dumb for asking. But why isn't there a Probable injured player designation anymore? Because I have a mini panic attack each time I get an update "Player has been downgraded from healthy to questionable"

I go check it out, and he's just resting a day, or some other non-actually injured prognosis.

No. Everyone who misses practice or is limited seems to get a Q tag, even if it's for something as benign as veteran rest or a personal day. And then every Wednesday afternoon, Yahoo goes apeshit sending notifications about these "injuries". It's really dumb.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

kiimo posted:

The NFL got rid of it and it sucks.

We're just left with "Fully armed and operational", "Questionable", "Doubtful", and "Out" now right?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Azhais posted:

"Fully armed and operational"

Fire at will, Commander.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Apparently players listed as probably wound up playing 90% of the time. For some reason this statement was described as a criticism of the system, rather than what a sane person would take as a confirmation that the designation was working as intended.

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
I've got a tough decision to make apparently Ebron is now out this week as well. Who do I drop to pick up a replacement for him this week? Coleman? I can't drop my kicker because kickers score stupid loving points in my league and he is on a bye this week. I can't drop Ajayi because he is my only option at RB next week and literally the best person available compared to the waiver. So really my only options are dropping either Ebron, Fleener, Coleman or Beasley. Make this decision for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Mr. McGibblets posted:

I've got a tough decision to make apparently Ebron is now out this week as well. Who do I drop to pick up a replacement for him this week? Coleman? I can't drop my kicker because kickers score stupid loving points in my league and he is on a bye this week. I can't drop Ajayi because he is my only option at RB next week and literally the best person available compared to the waiver. So really my only options are dropping either Ebron, Fleener, Coleman or Beasley. Make this decision for me.

Who is your every week starter at TE? Fleener? Then drop Ebron.

• Locked thread