Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

paranoid randroid posted:

hows trumps lads

Barron still probably has some emotions and other human traits, the other two though...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
gently caress the guy who got banned, but also gently caress anyone cheering about some unelected unanswerable cabal controlling global speech holy gently caress

also in other news 5oz of liquor is just fiiiineeeeeee im loving buzzed

MC Nietzche
Oct 26, 2004

by exmarx

pathetic little tramp posted:

what did Ricky Vaughn do? Like I remember when Milo got suspended he was making false tweets showing Leslie Jones insulting Jews and passing them off as the real thing, so usually Twitter has a good reason to boot somebody.

He probably called someone a "human being" one too many times or something. His twitter was...uncouth to say the least.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

hows trumps lads

He's...
-drops notes, scrambles to find the right one-
Uh...
A "loving scumbag"?

RACHET
Dec 29, 2014

by exmarx

euphronius posted:

So neither black people or Hispanics vote republican

Hell of a party

Nothing but a gangsta party

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Baloogan posted:

gently caress those people i disagree with i want them to die!!!

:same:

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Internet Webguy posted:

most likely harassing people like most all of the other alt-right twitter accounts. i mean, the first amendment is great but we can probably draw the line at open harassment.

Yeah, pardon my take but I'm not exactly going to weep over Twitter banning a guy who used their platform for harassment campaigns

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

Cronodoculous posted:

Do you have a folder that is entirely winks? You must have so many winks. Not too many winks, mind you. I wouldn't make that kind of judgement. Just a lot of winks, you know.

A lady never tells.

MC Nietzche
Oct 26, 2004

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/SamLincoln1/status/769727978968223746

Look at this branding! So powerful.

https://twitter.com/StefanMolyneux/status/783791126193012737
with friends like these who the gently caress would need enemies? Note this is pinned on the official gab.ai twitter feed.

MC Nietzche fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Oct 6, 2016

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

iospace posted:

He's...
-drops notes, scrambles to find the right one-
Uh...
A "loving scumbag"?

huge if scoop

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

MC Nietzche posted:

He probably called someone a "human being" one too many times or something. His twitter was...uncouth to say the least.

Eh I'd rather not they do that. They're a private corp, gonna do what they're gonna do, but some rear end in a top hat being a jerk is just that to me. Openly slandering something with false poo poo like Milo was doing, yeah, that's a bannin.

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

shiksa posted:

Yeah, pardon my take but I'm not exactly going to weep over Twitter banning a guy who used their platform for harassment campaigns

it's a slip n slide straight into tyranny I tell ya'll!

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Baloogan posted:

gently caress the guy who got banned, but also gently caress anyone cheering about some unelected unanswerable cabal controlling global speech holy gently caress

its just twitter bud, chill :cheers:

nerve staple the populace

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Baloogan posted:

On one hand, I agree with you, but on the other hand, women get abused pretty badly on Twitter, and I don't think that's right.

Calde
Jun 20, 2009

Al! posted:

you know, torn would make a good trump postmortem for the republicans

I'm all out of faith
This is how I feel
I'm cold and I am chained
Lying naked on the floor
Illusion never changed
Into something real
I'm cold and I am shamed and bound
And broken on the floor

So says me, dr of Torn studies

now do Left of The Middle but for Bernie Supporters dr of Torn studies

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Accursed globalists, depressing the birthrate and banning people from opt-in social media platforms. Is there no end to your perfidy???

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

Internet Webguy posted:

most likely harassing people like most all of the other alt-right twitter accounts. i mean, the first amendment is great but we can probably draw the line at open harassment.

This is why I don't want a liberal supreme court. Liberals these days are way too comfortable with silencing what they consider "harmful" and I think in about 10 years or so this kind of thinking is going to make it way into the law books in certain areas.

MC Nietzche
Oct 26, 2004

by exmarx

pathetic little tramp posted:

Eh I'd rather not they do that. They're a private corp, gonna do what they're gonna do, but some rear end in a top hat being a jerk is just that to me. Openly slandering something with false poo poo like Milo was doing, yeah, that's a bannin.

I didn't like Ricky for a lot of reasons beyond his harsh language. Knowing his twitter he probably actively made a threat, or he directed a harassment campaign against someone and the banhammer came down. Then again, it's in twitter's best interest to shed guys like Ricky because they hurt the brand and drive off good users. I mean imagine SA without moderation for the past 20 years. Who the gently caress would even be left here?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
a098eujta3908gj398g7hfa8ty79uja398t723

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
private corporations are free to limit speech however they please!! capitalism!!!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

hows trumps lads

jr is a fictional serial killer
eric is a squids butt
barron will kill them all then as they take him away in an old black mariah he will be laughing

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Well that's just amazing.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

i woke up to my mom on the phone telling me that there was brand new news that there was a story that benghazi was an arms deal gone wrong?

I mean what the gently caress

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
Any cool campaign stuff happen today? I was meeting with students all day and then my night class watched Invasion of the Body Snatchers, a documentary from 2016.

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

Baloogan posted:

oop, globalist conspiracy "twitter" got to sewer duck

is no one safe!!!

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Baloogan posted:

i'm the chinese food

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-1sL4GGNZE

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/reidepstein/status/783813784674729985

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Zyla posted:

i woke up to my mom on the phone telling me that there was brand new news that there was a story that benghazi was an arms deal gone wrong?

I mean what the gently caress

Nah lol

RACHET
Dec 29, 2014

by exmarx
Benghazi deez nuts

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

breaklaw posted:

This is why I don't want a liberal supreme court. Liberals these days are way too comfortable with silencing what they consider "harmful" and I think in about 10 years or so this kind of thinking is going to make it way into the law books in certain areas.

:ok:

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Baloogan posted:

How can you be against banning repeated shitheads? Something Awful was built on the idea of moderated discussion with paid accounts to keep determined assholes from dragging down the entire forum.

Beyond that Facebook, Google, Twitter and so on are private companies without an inbuilt responsibility toward free speech beyond what their consumer base will bear, some degree of 'censorship' is inevitable in any discussion worth having or else it's just going to be dominated by the most aggressive and belligerent, or the terminally crazy, or those arguing purely in bad faith, or just plain old trolls. The world will not mourn the loss of Ricky's contribution to the discourse.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

lol.

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

I CAN'T BE STOPPED OR REASONED WITH

Reclaimer posted:

A lady never tells.

ugh that wig. get a lacefront, scrub

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Any cool campaign stuff happen today? I was meeting with students all day and then my night class watched Invasion of the Body Snatchers, a documentary from 2016.

trump is definitely pissed people are saying pence did better

he said he heard pence is getting a lot of praise and that he takes credit for that at a rally

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

:shrek:

phew

RACHET
Dec 29, 2014

by exmarx

breaklaw posted:

lol gtfo

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

breaklaw posted:

I would really love for you to explain this. Do you honestly think the first amendment is going to be scaled back in a meaningful way because we have a liberal court? How so? o no you cannot say something construed as loving racist like half the poo poo Trump and Trump supporters spew? Do you believe there's gonna be police-enforced trigger-free zones? lol if you believe even with one iota of your being that a law like that would make it 'onto the books'.

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

lol pence's poo poo barely flew with kaine on the other end

how do they expect trump to roll with the punches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Dolash posted:

How can you be against banning repeated shitheads? Something Awful was built on the idea of moderated discussion with paid accounts to keep determined assholes from dragging down the entire forum.

Beyond that Facebook, Google, Twitter and so on are private companies without an inbuilt responsibility toward free speech beyond what their consumer base will bear, some degree of 'censorship' is inevitable in any discussion worth having or else it's just going to be dominated by the most aggressive and belligerent, or the terminally crazy, or those arguing purely in bad faith, or just plain old trolls. The world will not mourn the loss of Ricky's contribution to the discourse.

yet dare keeps reregging

• Locked thread