Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Kawasaki Nun posted:

How close to practices resemble what's portrayed in the College Classic "How High" Starring redman and method man?

1:1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Does/did anyone take Italian?

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aXIFFaWNjM

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

You're not wrong.

https://youtu.be/-VsmF9m_Nt8

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Soulex posted:

In the 173d I learned to say vaffanculo

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Soulex posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRskvLyCoU0

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I know enough that the italian Pam uses when Archer and co are trying to guard the pope, she says dick nuts.

So basically I'm the Kanye West of Italian (I don't know poo poo)

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

not caring here posted:

I know enough that the italian Pam uses when Archer and co are trying to guard the pope, she says dick nuts.

So basically I'm the Kanye West of Italian (I don't know poo poo)

So... Third best Italian.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

When should I expect my GI Bill BAH and disability paychecks to come in?

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Soulex posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcB--ymW5mM

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!
USAA had my poo poo ready to go Thursday night, gently caress anyone but USAA. TCF wouldn't have paid me until Monday, trash bank.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Soulex posted:

If you happen to be talking about when they should start when you leave the military, mine was good to go in 14 days after I got off terminal, got it on the first and 2 weeks after that they back paid the 2 weeks. This is not necessarily the going norm, I think they warned me to wait up to 90 days.

GI Bill the first time I used it took nearly 3 goddamn months.

GI Bill the second time I used it didn't miss a beat.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Yeah. I think I got back pay but not my disability or GI money.

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,

Soulex posted:

Yeah. I think I got back pay but not my disability or GI money.

i wanna say that it took me about a month or maybe even two

that's with me having all my paperwork ducks in a row and a smooth VA experience

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Well that was a fun class period. One of our teammates had a dip in which he gutted for an hour and 45 minutes, and my partner was all keen to get in arguments about stop and frisk and police shootings during the whole class discussion.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

manchego posted:

that's with me having all my paperwork ducks in a row and a smooth VA experience

a smooth VA experience is one that doesn't involve a congressperson or senator

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

manchego posted:

Yeah, I got a letter saying it was half of my disability. Still haven't gotten anything for 9/11. I get back pay right?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Vasudus posted:

a smooth VA experience is one that doesn't involve a congressperson or senator

Not Mcnally.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Soulex posted:

Yeah, I got a letter saying it was half of my disability. Still haven't gotten anything for 9/11. I get back pay right?

Yup. And it'll come any old time, not necessarily on the first of the month

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

not caring here posted:

Yup. And it'll come any old time, not necessarily on the first of the month

so I don't need to stockpile my money at the start of the month. Great.

Thanks.

I also did some research and the TSP isn't that bad. I always thought the 20% was a fee, but they are just being preemptive with the federal tax. SPEAKING OF! IF you pull all of your retirement out (like I am) to move it to a different place, make loving SURE you get a W4 (I think that's the form name) and turn it in during tax season. That poo poo could possibly make you exempt from that tax and you'll get it back. In my case, that's like 10,000 dollars in taxes. The W4 is only if you're disabled or something. It's what the lady was explaining to me.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?
Holy mother of gently caress I want to carve out my microbio prof's eyeballs with rusty, warped spoons. How hard is it, especially when you've apparently been teaching this poo poo for loving decades, to assemble some kind of coherent narrative and do the most simple jack poo poo like progressing from the generalized overview of a topic then branching out into further and further subdivisions? My notes look like I'm loving schizophrenic from trying to parse the introduction of an intermediary subject followed by the general topic it falls under followed by a couple definitions thrown in... If the majority of the rest of the class wasn't also walking out of lecture dazed, confused, and feeling their brain got stuck in a blender set to frappé then I'd probably feel a whole lot worse about my grade so far.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Soulex posted:

Not Mcnally.

Seriously. They didn't even do my GI Bill benefits right this time around. Though I didn't have to involve a congresscritter, so in that context it went pretty smoothly.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

So the sidewalk is all chalked up with "Take Back the Night" stuff. "Stop Violence" was immediately followed by "Kill the Patriarchy", "gently caress the Patriarchy" was a couple down from that. :ironicat:

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Casimir Radon posted:

So the sidewalk is all chalked up with "Take Back the Night" stuff. "Stop Violence" was immediately followed by "Kill the Patriarchy", "gently caress the Patriarchy" was a couple down from that. :ironicat:

Did someone chalk "yes please" after that last one?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Diarrhea Elemental posted:

Holy mother of gently caress I want to carve out my microbio prof's eyeballs with rusty, warped spoons. How hard is it, especially when you've apparently been teaching this poo poo for loving decades, to assemble some kind of coherent narrative and do the most simple jack poo poo like progressing from the generalized overview of a topic then branching out into further and further subdivisions? My notes look like I'm loving schizophrenic from trying to parse the introduction of an intermediary subject followed by the general topic it falls under followed by a couple definitions thrown in... If the majority of the rest of the class wasn't also walking out of lecture dazed, confused, and feeling their brain got stuck in a blender set to frappé then I'd probably feel a whole lot worse about my grade so far.

This is a safe space for widdle students to talk about those mean ol'professors !!!! THEY loving TEACH WRONG!!!!

Edit: Machete wielder was shot to death on campus today. Guess I graduated just in time :smug:

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Kawasaki Nun posted:

This is a safe space for widdle students to talk about those mean ol'professors !!!! THEY loving TEACH WRONG!!!!

Edit: Machete wielder was shot to death on campus today. Guess I graduated just in time :smug:

Oh suck my dick from the back. A couple of dissatisfied underperforming students might be one thing but when it's a majority of the class coming out of every lecture bitching about how incoherent and spotty your train of thought is, you might be getting just a little long in the tooth.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Oh suck my dick from the back. A couple of dissatisfied underperforming students might be one thing but when it's a majority of the class coming out of every lecture bitching about how incoherent and spotty your train of thought is, you might be getting just a little long in the tooth.

Yes of course.

In other news Macheté was a recently discharged marine. Anyone heard from down by the wooter recently?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

I was a huge, huge loving fan of the calculus professor that would say "read the text book" to every question. In class activities only ever consisted of talking about what the text book said by re-reading it to everyone then writing down problems demonstrating whatever the text book topic was that day and solving it on the board. It is the only class I've ever skipped regularly. Once I got contact information of the few other self-motivated people in the class we just did study groups to figure poo poo out because the professor was god drat worthless.

Some people just blow rear end at being teachers.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Yes of course.

In other news Macheté was a recently discharged marine. Anyone heard from down by the wooter recently?

still here, now wondering if I can use this incident to get out of calc II

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Got my vocrehab appointment Friday.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
How long did that take from clicking the button in ebenefits to now?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

September 2nd.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Wow, just over a month, that's pretty good.

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

Soulex posted:

so I don't need to stockpile my money at the start of the month. Great.

Thanks.

I also did some research and the TSP isn't that bad. I always thought the 20% was a fee, but they are just being preemptive with the federal tax. SPEAKING OF! IF you pull all of your retirement out (like I am) to move it to a different place, make loving SURE you get a W4 (I think that's the form name) and turn it in during tax season. That poo poo could possibly make you exempt from that tax and you'll get it back. In my case, that's like 10,000 dollars in taxes. The W4 is only if you're disabled or something. It's what the lady was explaining to me.

I'm not some investing guru but the TSP is pretty much the best place out there to keep your money. If you're not moving it to someplace pretty loving fantastic you should probably leave it where it is. Might want to stop by the investing thread and ask some questions, the fees in TSP are lower than everywhere. Moving it out is almost certainly a bad idea.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
You definitely aren't cause the TSP is hot stanky trash. Put it in your 401k or Roth IRA.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Cash out your savings and buy a new car. It's a solid, functional investment

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Make sure that it's really fast and shiny.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Naked Bear posted:

Make sure that it's really fast and shiny.

You forgot eternal and chrome.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.
I unfortunately didn't have a choice, and needed to pull everything out to pay for lawyer's fees from that lawsuit a couple of years ago. What the lawyer didn't take, the taxes did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Uncle Enzo posted:

I'm not some investing guru but the TSP is pretty much the best place out there to keep your money. If you're not moving it to someplace pretty loving fantastic you should probably leave it where it is. Might want to stop by the investing thread and ask some questions, the fees in TSP are lower than everywhere. Moving it out is almost certainly a bad idea.

Nope. Cashing it out. Resolving the debt accumulated selling my house and the move down here. Reinvesting the remaining into a more aggressive and short term mutual fund. Vanguard admiral shares are loving amazing.

Y'all can say whatever the gently caress, but this was unexpected. Like I had to max out my credit cards because the bank (USAA) decided not to approve a personal loan of 7k to pay for closing costs. Considering that we just had our house come in under valued at what we had agreed on and signed, it's not that bad. Everything I do is through USAA and that poo poo was weird but caused me to go in debt harder and weirder than expected.

• Locked thread