Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Ozu posted:

Jets traded Belichick

This is not true.

Belichick was promoted and quit to take the NE job.

The NFL then took draft picks from NE and gave them to the Jets for tampering.

Worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2016/09/one_auburn_fans_unexpected_let.html

Coach Malzahn,

We have never met. I am not someone who has influence at Auburn University. I am not a booster. I didn't even graduate from Auburn. I am just a fan. Just a normal work-a-day person who supports Auburn through buying apparel and attending an occasional game.

You are a very busy person right now, so it's understandable if you haven't heard the talking heads discuss your "hot seat." But I, for one, hope it isn't true.
I've been an Auburn fan my whole life. I've been an Auburn fan surrounded by Alabama fans at work, at school and at home. I've been an Auburn fan through some dark times. Even though Auburn football isn't on top right now, I would still like to thank you for being our coach.

We are told that Auburn is a family. That we support each other. But there is a hypocrisy with that. (Some) people only claim to be "Auburn Family" when the team is winning. So to that point I'd like to say a few things.

I believe our "Auburn Family" has forgotten how it felt for opposing fans to say "When is the last time Auburn won a Championship?" or "When is the last time Auburn even played for a Championship?" We forget how it felt to be skipped over for the Championship in 1983, or in 1993, or how it felt to be left out of the BCS in 2004. But in 2010, we finally broke through and got a taste of what we had longed for. We experienced what some fan bases never have. We experienced what some Auburn fans longed to have, and their lives ended before it happened. We won the National Championship.

And then a few years later, Auburn was only a few plays away from winning another National Championship. You, Coach Malzahn, were the common denominator. You were integral to both of those seasons. We were able to hold our heads high. That during Alabama's run of championships, that we played for Championships too. I believe our "Auburn Family" doesn't understand how unbearable it would be if those 2 seasons wouldn't have happened. We have you, Coach Malzahn, to thank for that.

Maybe I'm naïve, but I believe you when you say "We are close." I believe in you, Coach. I believe you can turn this thing around. I believe that you will get us back to the Championship game and make those few plays that are needed to raise the trophy. I could be wrong in these beliefs, but isn't "family" supposed to believe in each other? Aren't we supposed to support each other as an "Auburn Family?" Our phrase of "War Eagle" is supposed to embody that. We say it when we cheer. We say it as a hello, when we see a fellow Auburn fan. We also say it to console each other after a loss.

So in closing, I believe there is only 1 thing left to say.

War Eagle, Coach Malzahn.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

picking up romantic vibes from the closing statement

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
If I was Rex, I wouldn't be too happy. I'm not conspiracy theorist, but I wouldn't be surprised if BB threw the game, and that Rex is embarrassed by that possibility.

Why would BB throw the game? I can think of a few possibilities:

• Any Wildcard team that loses to the Pats and is tied with the Bills would now lose their tiebreaker to the Bills. So this decision by BB helps to ensure that there will be an easy team to beat in the playoffs. BB is taking advantage of the fact that he's a lock in the AFCE to help influence the Wildcards.

• BB wanted the team to be able to not get distracted all season by trying to get a perfect season. Losing one game near the beginning allows them to play with more ease and without fear, which will be particularly important when we face harder teams.

• BB wants to keep Rex in the division, because it will create 2 easy games a year against an undisciplined and poorly run team. Rex "beating" the Patriots helps to ensure that he won't get fired.

There are honestly more possibilities too. I just think that any of these possibilities are way more likely than the Pats getting shut out at a home game after torching 3 teams in a row.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Imagine 4 PatsFans on the edge of a cliff.

And then they fell.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Diva Cupcake posted:

Imagine 4 PatsFans on the edge of a cliff.

And then they fell.

:dong:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Everytime I see there's a new post in this thread I know it's like a 1 in 3 chance it's from a Pats forum.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Everytime I see there's a new post in this thread I know it's like a 1 in 3 chance it's from a Pats forum.

You guys just keep up the good work

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Brannock posted:

If I was Rex, I wouldn't be too happy. I'm not conspiracy theorist, but I wouldn't be surprised if BB threw the game, and that Rex is embarrassed by that possibility.

• Any Wildcard team that loses to the Pats and is tied with the Bills would now lose their tiebreaker to the Bills. So this decision by BB helps to ensure that there will be an easy team to beat in the playoffs. BB is taking advantage of the fact that he's a lock in the AFCE to help influence the Wildcards.

• BB wanted the team to be able to not get distracted all season by trying to get a perfect season. Losing one game near the beginning allows them to play with more ease and without fear, which will be particularly important when we face harder teams.

• BB wants to keep Rex in the division, because it will create 2 easy games a year against an undisciplined and poorly run team. Rex "beating" the Patriots helps to ensure that he won't get fired.

There are honestly more possibilities too. I just think that any of these possibilities are way more likely than the Pats getting shut out at a home game after torching 3 teams in a row.

source

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Brannock posted:

I opened a bunch of tabs at once and forgot which thread I was in for a minute there. It was a hell of a minute

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

PFTC went home:

https://twitter.com/PFTCommenter/status/784090966290493440

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I play Pokemon while I watch football, WHAT ABOUT THAT HUH

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Oh man, my eyes are just burning up from those scorching hot takes.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

whypick1 posted:

Oh man, my eyes are just burning up from those scorching hot takes.

The last guy there. I mean if you honestly believe that games are being thrown shouldn't you just put a few bets down and make a lot of money?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I posit that parody is not, in fact, at an all-time low.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Grittybeard posted:

The last guy there. I mean if you honestly believe that games are being thrown shouldn't you just put a few bets down and make a lot of money?

Judging by these replies, these are all good christian men who don't believe in gambling.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

So Hurricane Matthew is futzing with college football schedules. Thankfully this Georgia fan is keeping his eyes on the prize.

quote:

I’m surpised Obama didn’t offer to wade into the surf around Daytona Beach and just compel the storm to turn away with the power of his charm and persuasiveness. It would be about as effective as anything else he’s tried the last 8 years, save for getting himself elected.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Diva Cupcake posted:

I posit that parody is not, in fact, at an all-time low.

PFTCommentor took that one personally it seems.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I just... how is this not some poo poo awful thing off of Barstool or Buzzfeed?

12 reasons Tom Brady's life is better than yours

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

quote:

No 10. He has ruthelessly dedicated fans

Seriously google deflategate cospiracy theories

Huh...to me that would be more of a win in my column not Bradys

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Sometimes u just gotta recognize a turd when u see it and flush that bad boy.

I remember one time I curled a a big old "C" in my toilet. I mean that thing was a perfect C. I called in my girlfriend at the time to check out my masterpiece. She came in, held her nose, looked me dead in the eyes and said "you’re gross." You see… my C wasn’t really cool at all. It was just a big, smelly turd. And I flushed it.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

sirtommygunn posted:

Sometimes u just gotta recognize a turd when u see it and flush that bad boy.

I remember one time I curled a a big old "C" in my toilet. I mean that thing was a perfect C. I called in my girlfriend at the time to check out my masterpiece. She came in, held her nose, looked me dead in the eyes and said "you’re gross." You see… my C wasn’t really cool at all. It was just a big, smelly turd. And I flushed it.

An allegory for the Browns

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

I kind of admire this guy.

An impressively delusional Lions fan posted:

We need an upgrade at CB, Butler,Bademosi, Lawson, and especially Jackson won't cut it.

Whoever watched the game against Dallas last night can agree the corner backs were horrendous. Lawson, Bedemosi, and Jackson. In order to defeat the Packers next week at home I am going to make a few suggestions the front office should keep in mind. We need competent corners in order to have a chance to defeat Rodgers and the packers. we need solid corners to defend Nelson & Co. I am suggesting we sign 2 veteran corners or at least one to go with the butler signing, ones who may have even retired recently. I have compiled a short list of serviceable corners who will give us a chance to compete against the Pack. The lsit is as follows: Dre Bly, Fernando Bryant, Eric Berry, Cromartie, Alphonso Smith,Brandon Browner, CB, Saints. Age: 32 , Tarrel Brown, Ty Law, Champ Bailey.

I am very serious about signing 2 of these folks up. We need players who know how to play the position.

Browner is a Quinn guy so theres some familiarity there. Seeing bailey out there would give me alot more confidence than seeinig Lawson, Bedemosi, or Jackson. This is the playoffs and division we are talking about. Rodgers would be hesitant to attack Bailey due to his legendary status. The man can still ball and knows the game very well. He would provide immediate veteran leadership.

I’m not sure why anyone would have a problem with Bailey coming in for a few weeks. He signed with the Saints prior to his departure from the Broncos. His brother played for the lions as well. He would fair better than Lawson, Bedemosi, and Jackson.

Alot of these guys are worldclass athletes that train other athletes and stay in shape. They wouldn’t need to be every down guys. We can simplify the coverage for them as zone or man. Or they can just shadow a receiver all game. There is plenty of time to learn if they are committed. It’s only Wednesday, the game is Sunday night.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

:stonk: Ty Law :stonk:

He was dropped off at a retirement home in 2010. Unless it was a no-kill shelter I don't think he is still alive.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Fernando Bryant wasn't even good 10 years ago when he was on the team! Also is there a cornerback also named Eric Berry out there?

Sign Terry Fair again imo

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Brandon Browner, CB, Saints. Age: 32

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Tarell Brown, who was let go by a CB needy 49ers team like 3 years ago then a CB needy Raiders team like 2 years ago then flushed out of the league.

He's in the top half of that group in terms of "might actually help, maybe"

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lions need to sign ed reed, troy polamalu, darren sharper

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
Brandon Browner is a good pick up if you want to play him at SS and have him hunt down and cripple Aaron Rodgers.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Chichevache posted:

Brandon Browner is a good pick up if you want to play him at SS and have him hunt down and cripple Aaron Rodgers.

Pretty sure Lions' fans would take that in a heartbeat.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

R.D. Mangles posted:

lions need to sign ed reed, troy polamalu, darren sharper

lol

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
it's a good sign for healthy posting when you have to insert "im serious" like four times throughout

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

whypick1 posted:

Pretty sure Lions' fans would take that in a heartbeat.

I would too!

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Dre Bly's last play of note was in 2009 when he started showboating on an interception return when down by 25 points and then fumbled the ball.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Somehow I missed the first time around that he wants to sign Eric Berry off the streets. Eric Berry who is in the midst of an all pro season and has pretty much won a couple of games for the Chiefs by himself this year.

Although I guess he's gonna play him at corner for some reason.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Dec 29, 2016

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Grittybeard posted:

Somehow I missed the first time around that he wants to sign Eric Berry off the streets. Eric Berry who is in the midst of an all pro season and has pretty much won a couple of games for the Chiefs by himself this year.

Although I guess he's gonna play him at corner for some reason.

i have a bad feeling he meant eric wright or eric decker or marion barry

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

v2vian man posted:

Marion Barry suspended for failing drug test, despite being dead.

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

v2vian man posted:

He might mean Aaron Berry. I'm pretty sure he played for the Lions at some point.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Spoeank posted:

Tarell Brown, who was let go by a CB needy 49ers team like 3 years ago then a CB needy Raiders team like 2 years ago then flushed out of the league.

He's in the top half of that group in terms of "might actually help, maybe"

He wasn't that bad in Oakland. The Raiders were just planning to give their young guys more time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

PASS THE MASH posted:

He might mean Aaron Berry. I'm pretty sure he played for the Lions at some point.

That guy was awful too. We've had bad corners since Lem Barney.

• Locked thread