Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

banned from Starbucks posted:

How.....how was that a triple stumper FJ?

Hooooooowwww

Apple? Apple?! gently caress you.

Yeah. At least airplanes/airlines made SOME sense (even though it was very obvious).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Colonial Air Force posted:

Yeah. At least airplanes/airlines made SOME sense (even though it was very obvious).

I had no idea and guessed Boeing as well, even though I knew it was probably wrong because of the date.

Still, Seth continues to kill it and is just below Arthur Chu in number of games won (11) and just overtook Roger Craig in amount of money won in regular play with $231k. Wanna see if he can keep this streak going and how long it'll last. While his last challengers weren't that much of a speed bump, I wanted to see them do a little better than the blowouts he's getting here.

Also, apparently Aleve stopped being the consolation prize name sponsor (with the Johnny Gilbert promo spot) two weeks prior to the end of last season, and I just didn't notice? Really, I guess it really does all fade into the background prior to Final for me if I never noticed it until it was pointed it out to me...

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
LOL, just got an email from jeopardy telling me the test starts today.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The seven complaints filed with the FCC regarding Jeopardy! in the past three years

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
My favourites are the Obamacare propaganda one and the guy who got mad that someone said 'god drat'.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Haven't read the article, but I'm wagering at least one of the seven complaints are from Florida. Or North Carolina.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

Goober Peas posted:

Haven't read the article, but I'm wagering at least one of the seven complaints are from Florida. Or North Carolina.
Three are from Florida. Then one from NC, two from RI, and one from CA.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Seth ties Arthur Chu in games won with his win tonight, but is behind him on money earned in regular winnings. Next big name in wins category is Matt Jackson with 13. Wonder how long his streak will continue for?

Also, adult tests start tomorrow night. If you've signed up for them, good luck! If you guys think you did well enough on it after for a contestant referral, drop me a line here or via PM and I'll get back to you with one (once I have the time)!

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Oct 4, 2016

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Who's doing the test tonight? I think I'm going to get it over with, I have things to do tomorrow and thursday.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I'll try tomorrow and the last few years whichever one I take seems to be the easiest day so everyone should probably do that.

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

MAY YOUR HALLOWEEN BE AS STUPID AS MY LIFE IS

quote:

"The monotremes are one of the oldest orders of mammals & include only the echidna & this unusual animal"

"What is a Hedgehog?"

Not gonna lie... I guessed the same thing.

Gotta go fast, George.

HookShot posted:

Who's doing the test tonight?

I'm taking it tomorrow, just because it's the only day I really can.

CaligulaKangaroo fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Oct 5, 2016

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Tonight is the only time it's practical, so this'll have to be it.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

I've never owned a Nike product and knew the answer to that one.

I mean, holy poo poo, the only way it could have been more obvious was if the phrase "just do it" was incorporated into the clue.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Well, to all those taking the test tonight, once again, good luck!

Again, if you think you did well enough to move on, let me know and I'll shoot you a referral email to a contestant coordinator so you might have a better chance of a callback to an audition. Just give me a couple of hours tonight, I'm probably gonna be busy to check my PMs or this thread.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Oct 4, 2016

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Maybe being out of town on business and taking the quiz from a hotel room will be my lucky charm.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Just took it tonight and got thoroughly owned. I knew I was in trouble when the first category was Shakespeare

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Bleh, missed some obvious ones and totally blanked on Jane Austen

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
Damnit, I screwed up LAN :downsgun:

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

haveblue posted:

Bleh, missed some obvious ones and totally blanked on Jane Austen

Was that the money one? I put Agatha Christie lol.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Sick, based on the initial answers on Jboard, looks like I probably got 42/50

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Sick, based on the initial answers on Jboard, looks like I probably got 42/50

Same! I surprised myself.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
37, which is better than I felt I did.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Waiting for an answer list to verify, but I think I got 44.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I fell asleep and missed it lol. Congrats to all of you!

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

If I remember correctly, the rumored unofficial cutoff for an invitation to an audition is 35/50 or so. Looks like a bunch of you guys made that, going off of your posts here and the answer lists that are undoubtedly up on jboard and other Jeopardy sites. Didn't take the test myself, so maybe I'll track down a video of the test on YouTube (they're almost always posted by former Jeopardy contestants) to see how well I would've done.

Sounding like a broken record here, but if you wanna try and get a possible leg up for an invitation to an audition if you think you made the cutoff, post here or send me a PM, and I'll get you a referral email for a contestant coordinator. Gimme a couple of days to get back to you though, I'm gonna be real busy this weekend with working NYCC.

Also, missed tonight's episode, but it looks like Seth continues to roll forward through the competition. 12 games won now, overtaking Arthur and coming up on tying Matt Jackson next episode, but of course, they have quite a bit more money won in regular play than he does. Again, wonder how long he'll last.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Oct 5, 2016

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
35/50, I don't think I got Keyens because it asked for all three names.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Can someone post the answer list here?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

jscolon2.0 posted:

Can someone post the answer list here?

quote:

1 – JAMES
2 – ALL ABOUT THAT BASS
3 – CHLOROPHYLL
4 – IRAQ
5 – HIPPOPOTAMUS
6 – MARCH
7 – NORMAN MAILER
8 = VANDERBILT
9 – REMBRANDT
10 – GENEALOGY
11 – WIFE FIFE
12 – YUKON
13 – BEIJING
14 – CHICAGO
15 – BULGE
16 – BIG DIPPER
17 – PERCUSSION
18 – CALZONE
19 – MECCA
20 – ARIMATHEA
21 – ROSALYNN CARTER
22 – KNOTS
23 – ROBERT BURNS
24 – ZIP LINE
25 – AUSTRALIA
26 – TOP CHEF
27 – CORMAC MCCARTHY
28 – THYROID
29 – READY TO WEAR
30 – BOSTON MASSACRE
31 – BRAHMS
32 – ESTIMATE
33 – HYBRID
34 – PRIMA DONNA
35 – JOHN MAYNARD KEYNES
36 – LANDLOCKED
37 – KINKY BOOTS
38 – JANE AUSTEN
39 – APPENDIX
40 – SWAN LAKE
41 – GALLOWS
42 – HIMALAYAS
43 – LOCAL AREA NETWORK
44 – AMERICAN RED CROSS
45 – MISS MARPLE
46 – VULCAN
47 – IONIC
48 – SCHINDLER’S LIST
49 – WAR OF THE WORLDS
50 - ABDICATE

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
42-44ish, depending on fat finger answers. I had 'j m keynes' for example. Better than the last one, anyway.

What was 'James' the answer for?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Unkempt posted:

42-44ish, depending on fat finger answers. I had 'j m keynes' for example. Better than the last one, anyway.

What was 'James' the answer for?

Something like "This is the name of the king who was ruling at the time of Shakespeare's death".

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

haveblue posted:

Something like "This is the name of the king who was ruling at the time of Shakespeare's death".

Oh balls, thought it was Liz 1. Never mind.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Missed one I thought I had and I'm assuming they won't accept "Keynes" for John Maynard Keynes. That's still put me at 42; hopefully still in the mix.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
lol our local affiliate is airing tomorrow's episode tonight "to showcase a local contestant"

apparently seth lost, which is not that surprising because he seemed to be worn out

edit: and our local contestant got BTFO along with the woman who beat Seth, so I guess it was good to showcase ehr

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Oct 6, 2016

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
It was a pretty softball question tonight, but the wagering was stupid.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

No poo poo.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I get the feeling that Seth actually didn't do so well entirely because he was as good at Jeopardy as the Arthur Chus and all that but because he got a LOT of complete morons as opponents.

Don't get me wrong, the dude is really good at the game and definitely deserved the money he won, but I feel like normally he would have been more of a 5-day type champ rather than however many he's at now. Which I also think is why he has so much less money than Arthur and Matt did with the same number of games.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

HookShot posted:

I get the feeling that Seth actually didn't do so well entirely because he was as good at Jeopardy as the Arthur Chus and all that but because he got a LOT of complete morons as opponents.

Don't get me wrong, the dude is really good at the game and definitely deserved the money he won, but I feel like normally he would have been more of a 5-day type champ rather than however many he's at now. Which I also think is why he has so much less money than Arthur and Matt did with the same number of games.

Yeah, I definitely had the same feeling. I would be really surprised to see him dominate in the TOC when he comes back

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Gotta love the audible gasp from the audience.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

HookShot posted:

He's also one of the goonier dudes I've seen on the show in recent memory. I think it was his first or second episode when he told Alex that he's the chair of a club dedicated to teaching men how to be gentlemen and I was like "... :what:"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
Well, signed up to take the test again.

Countdown clock hit 0 and the test never came up. :haw:
Oh well. I probably would have just gotten ~42-44 again and not get called again. :coffeepal: