Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

i feel like this post proves that they are all cool though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Dartrix is such a goober.

Its great :3:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Bring back Orre

Free Wes

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Bring back Wes so I can remember if I genuinely liked his design or if I just thought he was cool because he had a coat and sunglasses and I had just marathoned The Matrix

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Speaking as a guy who's playing COlosseum now for the first time, it's not going to be his walk cycle.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

i did a nuzlocke style run of colosseum recently and it was really interesting until i got to the end when the level curve exploded upward and i had no way to fight a level 60 salamence

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

my best pokemon was a level 47 suicune

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Colosseum is BRUTALLY hard as far as levels go. Not only are you often underleveled compared to your opposition, opportunities to level up are hard to find since your only XP comes from other trainers.

Gale of Darkness did a much better job with balancing the curve.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

After XD, I think Game Freak decided that the Colosseum universe should be axed. Hence why no references to it had been made since 2005 or whenever XD was released.

But still, Colosseum was an interesting experiment as you only had an extremely limited pool of Pokémon to work with and no real way to increase the number. You couldn't obtain any Pokémon apart from the trainers who had Shadow Pokémon on them. Even XD had wild Pokémon that generate endlessly.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Zuzie posted:

After XD, I think Game Freak decided that the Colosseum universe should be axed. Hence why no references to it had been made since 2005 or whenever XD was released.

But still, Colosseum was an interesting experiment as you only had an extremely limited pool of Pokémon to work with and no real way to increase the number. You couldn't obtain any Pokémon apart from the trainers who had Shadow Pokémon on them. Even XD had wild Pokémon that generate endlessly.

XD also had a limited pool, though. IIRC there were only 3 or 4 places with wild Pokemon, only three species could appear at each, they were woefully underleveled, and the mechanic was weird and annoying.
but XD does have the rainbow dudes with a wide spread of good shadow Pokemon to catch right before the first dungeon. There's Spheal, Houndour, Seedot, Baltoy, Mareep, and Gulpin.
XD was the first time I ever used Gulpin, and I fell in love. Mostly 'cause it could tank hits like a champ, and I aggressively used Yawn.

and not far after that you get Shroomish.

The real problem with XD is that before Citadark Island there are 47 Shadow Pokemon. At Citadark Island, there are 35. The final dungeon is the sloggiest of slogs unless you use the strategy recommended by most guides (a Shadow Pokemon with Shadow Half).

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Spatula City posted:

The real problem with XD is that before Citadark Island there are 47 Shadow Pokemon. At Citadark Island, there are 35. The final dungeon is the sloggiest of slogs unless you use the strategy recommended by most guides (a Shadow Pokemon with Shadow Half).

The final boss being Shadow Lugia followed by a team of 6 Shadow Pokémon (3 of them being the Legendary Birds) was absurd. I don't remember how many I actually obtained on my initial run but I do remember capturing at least 1 or perhaps 2 of the legendary birds after using the Master ball on Lugia.

But it's been so long and I wouldn't want to do it again.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Colosseum had some great music at least. and mewtwo could get self-destruct I think

Also Zigzagoons were really cute in it :3:

and I'd like another double-battle heavy game as well. or like have it as a setting at the start of the game or whatever so those people who don't like them don't have to have them

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.
So I hatched a shiny Adamant Trevenant and I'm having some difficulty figuring out how to EV him. Smogon recommends a banded set but it helps with Harvest rather than Natural Cure so I'd rather do something that gives him a berry preferably Sitrus or Lum I would guess since reusable. I guess I could do a trick room set but if it doesn't have a - speed nature would that make his speed to high to be usable in trick room?

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012

PSWII60 posted:

So I hatched a shiny Adamant Trevenant and I'm having some difficulty figuring out how to EV him. Smogon recommends a banded set but it helps with Harvest rather than Natural Cure so I'd rather do something that gives him a berry preferably Sitrus or Lum I would guess since reusable. I guess I could do a trick room set but if it doesn't have a - speed nature would that make his speed to high to be usable in trick room?

Not always- you could always use 1 or 2 pokemon with normal to high speeds in case your trickroom setter faints.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

PSWII60 posted:

Leech Seed, Will o Wisp, Shadow Force, Protect. Curse instead of WoW maybe

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Zuzie posted:

The final boss being Shadow Lugia followed by a team of 6 Shadow Pokémon (3 of them being the Legendary Birds) was absurd. I don't remember how many I actually obtained on my initial run but I do remember capturing at least 1 or perhaps 2 of the legendary birds after using the Master ball on Lugia.

But it's been so long and I wouldn't want to do it again.

catching them all in one attempt is one of the most badass things you can do in a pokemon game

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

Chill Penguin posted:

So like max Att and HP then?

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012

Chill Penguin posted:

I think this was my Gourgeist set haha. Oh my beautiful gourd.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

PSWII60 posted:

Will-O-Wisp, Leech Seed, Phantom Force, and Substitute, with a Sitrus Berry.
Will-O-Wisp, Leech Seed, Phantom Force, and Rest, with a Lum Berry.

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
I want Flygon to get a mega. It's such a cool pokemon, but it gets overshadowed by its better version Garchomp thanks to its better stats and abilities.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

jwang posted:

I want Flygon to get a mega. It's such a cool pokemon, but it gets overshadowed by its better version Garchomp thanks to its better stats and abilities.

yeah, we'll get right on that.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

jwang posted:

Flygon is way the gently caress better as an ingame Pokemon to go on cool adventures with. Good move set out of the gate, doesn't take forever to level up, and Trapinch is the cutest little carnivore to boot. :colbert:

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

vibrava is a really awful pokemon to use in-game

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

wait what the gently caress trapinch gets eq at level 33 in oras

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
i hope tangela is available in-game in sun and moon tangela is a cute wiggly buddy and i want to hangela with tangela

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Ruggington posted:

80 base attack is perfectly usable with good moves and good STAB, and more importantly Vibarava is also a cute antlionfly thing.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Ruggington posted:

Getting that early Earthquake in the recent games really helps a lot.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

alcharagia posted:

i hope tangela is available in-game in sun and moon tangela is a cute wiggly buddy and i want to hangela with tangela

tangrowth. 💯

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Huh, just noticed that the next update isn't two weeks after, rather it's on the 14th, the Friday after the next. Guess it'll mostly focus on the Demo?

alternatively it's actually the NX reveal

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell
I've never liked Flygon just because Trapinch bait-and-switched me. I was like "oh poo poo whats this cool little dude gonna evolve into?"

Oh something completely loving different, cool. In before "this but unironically ^"

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i love trapinch and flygon equally

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012

Space T Rex posted:

I've never liked Flygon just because Trapinch bait-and-switched me. I was like "oh poo poo whats this cool little dude gonna evolve into?"

Oh something completely loving different, cool. In before "this but unironically ^"

but they are based on antlions... which do the same thing.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Last Celebration posted:

80 base attack is perfectly usable with good moves and good STAB, and more importantly Vibarava is also a cute antlionfly thing.

it gets one good stab move in one game and in all the rest you get sand tomb and dragonbreath

it's also made of paper and has no resists

it was really bad

Ruggington fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Oct 6, 2016

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

gible is bulkier than vibrava

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell

cancerianmoth posted:

but they are based on antlions... which do the same thing.

drat I guess i forgot to have my complete knowledge of the animal kingdom on me that day

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Ruggington posted:

it gets one good stab move in one game and in all the rest you get sand tomb and dragonbreath

it's also made of paper and has no resists

it was really bad

perhaps the problem is with you, as a trainer

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Space T Rex posted:

drat I guess i forgot to have my complete knowledge of the animal kingdom on me that day

a bug that evolves into a fly isn't a very big stretch

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Space T Rex posted:

are you really gonna complain that the pokemon based on an antlion looks like an antlion

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Flygon can't be an antlion because it isn't bug/dragon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

not all bugs are bug type, just like how not all fish are water type