Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Keket posted:

If you want to drift around sometime give me a shout, you got a mic or skype or something?

you can use the xbox app party chat on windows 10. works really well.

Also, back to the actual topic of this thread, FM6. We are doing our hour long endurance race at Sebring (no rain) tonight at 9 eastern in our historic trans-am cars.

Here's the spec if you don't have one:
Trans-Am Car Spec
Available cars (with the PI after the required upgrades):
1969 Chevrolet Camaro - B533
1970 Chevrolet Camaro - C414 (you probably don't want to take this one)
1965 Ford Mustang - B526
1969 Ford Mustang - B515
1971 Ford Mustang - B564
1971 AMC Javelin - B556
1973 Pontiac Firebird - B536
1970 Mercury Cougar - B582
1973 Ford Falcon - B534 (255 front tires ok)
1971 Plymouth Cuda - B581
1968 Dodge Dart - B586 (265 rear tires ok)
1970 Dodge Challenger - B578

All Platform and Handling parts max required
Race Tires required
Max front tire width 245 (as high as you can get before going over is required)
Max rear tire width 255 (as high as you can get before going over is required)
Race aero required
remove metal bumpers if possible
New Rule - Race Transmission and transmission tuning ALLOWED
Everything else stock

Tune any adjustable parts however you wish

Even though there's a range in the PI they are all still pretty evenly matched, and as long as the cars are within 100PI of each other it's more down to driver skill than anything to do with the cars.

GutBomb fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Oct 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Did the pc patch help people with stuttering or what

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

ethanol posted:

Did the pc patch help people with stuttering or what

It was never bad for me to begin with. It was noticeable but it was like a microsecond hitch once every 3 or 4 minutes and never while racing, just while free roaming so I think it's probably loading in assets for an area you're about to enter. It never bothered me. If that's the stuttering you're talking about, it didn't go away for me at all. But something that minor I just don't give a gently caress about it anyway.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
Danger Jumps and Drift Zones are just plain stupid. I can't believe it's *current year* and developers are still adding loving luck-based objectives to racing games. Neither Danger Jumps nor Drift Zones have anything to do with skill and everything to do with how lucky you get with AI cars spawning or AI drivatars crashing into you for no reason. So loving terrible. Please patch this poo poo and allow us to turn off AI drivatars in free roam. They unequivocally ruin the game.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

Turdsdown Tom posted:

Danger Jumps and Drift Zones are just plain stupid. I can't believe it's *current year* and developers are still adding loving luck-based objectives to racing games. Neither Danger Jumps nor Drift Zones have anything to do with skill and everything to do with how lucky you get with AI cars spawning or AI drivatars crashing into you for no reason. So loving terrible. Please patch this poo poo and allow us to turn off AI drivatars in free roam. They unequivocally ruin the game.

You do realize that doing either of these, let alone 3-starring them, aren't in any way required to progress in or enjoy the game, right? And 1-starring all of them requires no skill or luck, btw.

But yeah, you're totally right that the whole game is unequivocally ruined because of them.

Pinny
Sep 8, 2006

Turdsdown Tom posted:

just join an online free roam lobby, or create your own private one and marvel as all those AI drivatars just disappear!

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
No no the game is awful because the Chevy SS vehicles had the SS badges removed. Get with the times.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

L_Harrison posted:

No no the game is awful because the Chevy SS vehicles had the SS badges removed. Get with the times.

Shameful, how dare they call this a game

I'm super upset about not being able to recreate copper red mica in forza

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

This game is cool and good but also there are things about it that are uncool and ungood. My hot take.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Cubey posted:

This game is cool and good but also there are things about it that are uncool and ungood. My hot take.

:same:

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Turdsdown Tom posted:

lol are you actually serious?

because those are exactly 2 of my favorite free roam activities that give you points aside from improvised point a-to-b street races

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
RIP me on collectables. I have all but one road and all but one XP board and I can't loving find them :smugjones:

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Get back here, shitlord!

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
update, was out ran by foxbody

MaNiAk
Jan 1, 2005

Hi my name is Doxylamine Succinate, I will be serving you tonight

I'm not sure how I can link this directly, but its done and should be available.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Where are you loving goons?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
when the hell can i get into a club? I've got three festivals up all above level 2 and the internet seems to say that if you get the desert to level 2 you should be able to do clubs.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Doorknob Slobber posted:

when the hell can i get into a club? I've got three festivals up all above level 2 and the internet seems to say that if you get the desert to level 2 you should be able to do clubs.

I got it when I leveled up my third to level 2. I went with the Outback second then stayed there for a bit, so I had two on Byron, three on Outback, and two on Surfer's before it unlocked clubs.

The internet says all you need is level 2 on three of 'em, but maybe that one level 3 I had mattered?

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
It's 320k fans. That opens the Club tab.

To clarify: When I hit 320k fans I had to select a festival to expand. I traveled there, and after I hit select and watched the festival expansion cutscene, the club introduction started and I was able to access that tab.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Oct 6, 2016

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
I just realized the cars in the Forza Favorites series are all cars from the cover boxarts. :aaaaa:

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer
I spent another 30 minutes trying to do a drift area and could only get just over 10,000 (enough for one star) a bunch of times. Decided I will give it a try with the wireless XBOX controller instead of the sweet force feedback racing wheel and pedals and hit 20k first try, followed but some mid twenties and a couple 30k. Went back and started doing the drift bucket challenges starting with the Easy one with the Nissan GTR '17 (which I had previously tried at least a dozen times) first try. Tried it again and didn't even leave the parking lot, easy. Then did the Hard one with the NSX, 3 tries, done.

I feel like a loving Driving God with the controller compared to the wheel. I'm slinging the car around corners, sliding between a tree and a truck, completely sideways all the way through a hairpin turn. Previously if you heard the sound of a squealing tire, there was a 90% chance I was going to spin out. Now I hear the sound and point the nose and feather the throttle to power through. RWD cars on dirt or wet in the rainforest used to be a skill game of giving it just enough throttle to keep the wheels from coming loose, now it a doddle because it isn't difficult to recover.

I went back to the steering wheel and tried half a dozen different combinations of advanced settings and it is garbage; I am all over the place like I am driving with my face. I don't know what the gently caress they did to steering wheel support to make it so awful, but I will be putting the wheel away for this one. Do we have an emoticon with a car crying?

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat

robotsinmyhead posted:

RIP me on collectables. I have all but one road and all but one XP board and I can't loving find them :smugjones:

Did you get the one that was tucked between a building and a shed so close together you needed something super small like the Isetta or 595 to get it?
As for the road look around intersections for the missing bit, that's what got me on FH2.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

CapnBry posted:

I spent another 30 minutes trying to do a drift area and could only get just over 10,000 (enough for one star) a bunch of times. Decided I will give it a try with the wireless XBOX controller instead of the sweet force feedback racing wheel and pedals and hit 20k first try, followed but some mid twenties and a couple 30k. Went back and started doing the drift bucket challenges starting with the Easy one with the Nissan GTR '17 (which I had previously tried at least a dozen times) first try. Tried it again and didn't even leave the parking lot, easy. Then did the Hard one with the NSX, 3 tries, done.

I feel like a loving Driving God with the controller compared to the wheel. I'm slinging the car around corners, sliding between a tree and a truck, completely sideways all the way through a hairpin turn. Previously if you heard the sound of a squealing tire, there was a 90% chance I was going to spin out. Now I hear the sound and point the nose and feather the throttle to power through. RWD cars on dirt or wet in the rainforest used to be a skill game of giving it just enough throttle to keep the wheels from coming loose, now it a doddle because it isn't difficult to recover.

I went back to the steering wheel and tried half a dozen different combinations of advanced settings and it is garbage; I am all over the place like I am driving with my face. I don't know what the gently caress they did to steering wheel support to make it so awful, but I will be putting the wheel away for this one. Do we have an emoticon with a car crying?

:snoop:

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer
i checked under exhaust upgrades but there was no whistle tip upgrade (it goes WOOOO) how will people know i am coming?

Also, is there a way to get the caravan chuckleheads to stop following you? Hey this is fun and we will race over here but I found a PR stunt now you dipshits stop crashing into me as I am coming into the jump. No do not stop on the ramp either, go home you are all drunk.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

robotsinmyhead posted:

The last two XP signs for me were both at the end of rivers, one all the way north above the satellites and one all the way in the southwest. Both were very far out of the way, so check there maybe. There are also two on top of rocks at the Twelve Apostles, one in a train tunnel and one near that tall mountain in the middle of the map; all of these are pretty well hidden.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

General Probe posted:

Did you get the one that was tucked between a building and a shed so close together you needed something super small like the Isetta or 595 to get it?
As for the road look around intersections for the missing bit, that's what got me on FH2.

There's also one in a train tunnel that was annoying as poo poo to uncover.

CapnBry posted:

i checked under exhaust upgrades but there was no whistle tip upgrade (it goes WOOOO) how will people know i am coming?

Also, is there a way to get the caravan chuckleheads to stop following you? Hey this is fun and we will race over here but I found a PR stunt now you dipshits stop crashing into me as I am coming into the jump. No do not stop on the ramp either, go home you are all drunk.

There's a dismiss/disband or whatever option in the pause menu to do so.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

CapnBry posted:

Can you drift in real life with a steering wheel? Okay then there's probably nothing wrong with the wheel support. The range of motion in a thumbstick is like 1/900th of what you can achieve on a wheel, so it's obviously much easier to do long precision drifts because corrections take 0.01 seconds to achieve, not 3.

Endbuster
Jan 7, 2013

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

Cubey posted:

I finally got into a co-op campaign with Dashoe after he came back from his vacation and holy loving poo poo balls this game is amazing in the campaign mode. I'm glad I waited to play it until I knew I could co-op it with someone. We just jacked the AI up as far as possible and started racing wild poo poo like vanduras, escalades, and fuckin' El Caminos.

poo poo is off the loving chain. They basically make it impossible to lose in co-op so ramping up the difficulty as much as possible makes it far and away the most wild rollicking poo poo-fest on four (sometimes two) wheels.

Oh yeah I gots me a Black Edition Horizon Edition GTR from a prize spin. That dopamine drop feels good.

This game is like some wild loving action adventure RPG racing poo poo I swear.

Endbuster
Jan 7, 2013

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

Ether Frenzy posted:

Can you drift in real life with a steering wheel? Okay then there's probably nothing wrong with the wheel support. The range of motion in a thumbstick is like 1/900th of what you can achieve on a wheel, so it's obviously much easier to do long precision drifts because corrections take 0.01 seconds to achieve, not 3.

Prolly people don't know how to tune their cars to drift with a steering wheel in a Forza game a lil bit too.

This is a bit of a digression but also...

I mean, I'm not a drat Formula D racer, but I drifted the balls off of a hopped up Polaris 600cc buggy out in Afghanistan and its a bitch to dial in an in game car to make up for the fact you only have visual cues and proprietary cues looking a screen since nobody is running a full motion rig. The butthole effect is strong and honestly I can't stand to use a wheel because I literally NEED to feel the cars rear end wagging under me when I touch a wheel for some reason.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Endbuster posted:

I finally got into a co-op campaign with Dashoe
Would you please ask DasHoe to share the tears for me? I really miss them.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

Realistically on pavement I just drift in 2nd gear most of the time and in 3rd when I'm ready to risk my car/life. You pretty much have to go to an actual track to get into 4th gear drifts and faster unless you're just doing really wide macaroni noodle slides in an open parking lot. Once you throw your weight into a slide there isn't much left to the steering aspect of it unless you change directions.

As a gamepad user, the hardest part of drifting in a game like Forza is just having to get used to being full on/off the throttle more often than not. It's a lot harder to feather the trigger than steering imo but on the plus side shifting gears is hilariously fast and furious. irl the hardest part is gonna be the clutch/braking when shifting gears and this game will let you put your car in reverse at 200mph with no problems.

Thief fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Oct 6, 2016

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Update on my terrible life of videogames:
Decided to start a new save (still in the goonclub though, even at lvl. 1), and while the game still crashed quite frequently, at least I could play. Weathered that storm for a while, until I read somewhere that some people had luck rolling their Geforce drivers back. Rolled back from .90 to .70, and I haven't had a single crash so far. Game is more choppy, and occasionally I get some pretty whack stutters, but it turns out it was the "Forza-optimised drivers" that killed the beast (repeatedly) in the end.

gently caress.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I play this game on PC with my friends on xbox and everything works perfectly and with an i5 6600k and a gtx 970 i can get 50-60 fps with msaa off and resolution upscaled a few steps and everything on ultra. it takes literally seconds to start the game up and get into a co-op campaign with my friends on xbox so i've been having a blast. always was skeptical of cross platform poo poo but this game proves to me it can be done well. its probably a mess for a few people but for me it works better than i expected it to, for anyone who is on PC and on the fence about this. if you put a lot of hours into the other horizon games though there probably is nothing for you here

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Ether Frenzy posted:

Can you drift in real life with a steering wheel? Okay then there's probably nothing wrong with the wheel support.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

CapnBry posted:

It is just disappointing considering the amount of physics they are doing. I mean look at the stats page and it says everything from tire loads to temepratures and suspension strokes, have whole sections of the game based around sliding and drifting and offroad cornering, yet so little effort is put into the FFB. I really enjoy the game and it looks great and I am having fun, but I also thought that about racing games on the original XBOX playing with the controller. It seems like they're at least trying to make it better as evidenced by the patch including a lot of wheel options and fixes, so I still have some hope that it might get better.

Although I have to say that hope is very small. I am kind of surprised there was even a patch at all. I still have the console developer mindset that once you go gold everybody goes and gets a new job, but I guess that is a little different now?

The game is less than two weeks old Jesus Christ :psyduck: Forza 6 is STILL getting car packs and patches. It's a huge money maker and they will patch and support it for years to come.

God dang goons are doom and gloom.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

ratbert90 posted:

The game is less than two weeks old Jesus Christ :psyduck: Forza 6 is STILL getting car packs and patches. It's a huge money maker and they will patch and support it for years to come.

God dang goons are doom and gloom.

By years you mean the release of forza 7 in one year right??

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

ethanol posted:

By years you mean the release of forza 7 in one year right??

Even if thats the case, it's still better than "I'm surprised a game less than two weeks old got a patch!"

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer

ratbert90 posted:

I think you might have misunderstood what I was saying. I was encouraged by the fact that they had put some effort into it. I just don't think there's going to be much improvement in the FFB system because nobody would release a title with a feature then go back and rewrite the feature to do it right, they'd just make a note that the next title they do 2 years from now, they do the FFB differently. I don't think they feature is broken I think it does exactly what it is supposed to do, but that thing is not to my liking. It's like if I said "I wish there were more straight drag race type events in this game", I don't expect that they're going to patch in a dozen different drag race locations next year.

I also want them to patch in a kiwi werewolf sub-plot. Horizons is a huge international festival! It just makes sense that there would be kiwi werewolves there.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

spun another horizon edition car:

:patriot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
Turn 10 and playground games are completely separate companies, something to keep in mind i guess. Forza 6 is the first time Ive seen either company respond to customer feedback and patch in an entirely new feature based on feedback (ability to filter models for races in single player). Before that they tended to wait for a new release if hadn't been planned.

And as i understand it playground games gets to borrow tech from turn 10 so if ffb sucks in forza it will suck in horizon till turn 10 figures it out.

• Locked thread