Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Morticia makes me hard posted:

seriously: Waggle killed Shaper with this Scourge Necromancer yesterday, so do that https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Dsfarblarwaggle/characters

is there a vid of his build?

Kild fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Oct 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

What's one of the most survivable build in the game these days, something that can do shaper and almost every map mod and everything leading up to him.

I imagine it's CI and something like blade vortex or a build with infinite vaal pact leech or healing to always be topped off like the harvester/wurm flask spam.

10 Siege ballistas.

Video + shaper kill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s12YBLyEUY0

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Kild posted:

is there a vid of his build?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDMubijFGNs

It's a cool idea, I had no idea the Scourge claw could be used for spells as well. But at its core it basically exploits the whole poison meta. The other clever idea is summoning the dogs and using them to finish off mobs that weren't quite killed by bladefall (which I've always found to be the clunkiest part of selfcast bladefall).

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

StashAugustine posted:

inventory tetris probably has something to do with it. Problem is, I'm running t7-8 maps right now just alch and go (with chaos for anything that looks unmanageable) but I still only feel like I'm only keeping my head above water by doing chaos recipe, with the occasional exception of a rare unique or something I can sell. And I did just get a Shav's so that's nice but that's the only really good drop I've gotten so far
I'm in roughly your position, too. I'm on Tier 11 maps (or would be if some more would drop :argh:) and I'm making a small profit on each one, though with quite a bit of variability depending on what drops on each map. If it's useful, here's what I'm doing:

- The UN-id'd chaos recipe (which yields 2 chaos instead of 1) is great, and the source of the majority of my steady income. I basically just collect UN-ID'd rare rings and amulets and belts and throw them in a dedicated stash tab. Whenever I've got a few I just grab a bunch of un-id'd rares out of the next map and flog them to the vendors. I hardly bother ID'ing rares any more with a few exceptions for things like wands, 2h weapons on good bases and ES armour. Everything else just gets left or used for the chaos recipe.

- If you can be bothered you can make use of the ID'd chaos recipe too by using all your lovely low-tier essences to effectively alch white rings and amulets and belts, but it's only half as efficient and you'll run out of low-tier essences eventually.

- Even bad/common uniques can often be sold for 1-3 alch, which will pay for your next couple of maps. Silver coins are a good source of money, too: whenever I've got about 25 or so I fill up my prophecies. Monstrous Treasure is fairly common and goes for ~15 chaos or so. 6S weapons or armour are good, too: you can sell them for 7 jewellers, then use Clarissa in Act 3 to trade the jewellers for fusings. That means every 6S drop is worth something like 2/3rds of a chaos.

That gives you a baseline trickle of cash, then it's just a case of farming so you can benefit from the occasional money drops, like exalted orbs, good div cards, the occasional sellable rare, etc. Clear speed is probably the single most important thing for earning money.

edit: oh and get an item filter if you don't have one

Zephro fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Oct 5, 2016

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I've been pretty much doing all of that except selling the trash uniques, and banking your coins in case of a good prophecy doesn't sound like a bad idea either although I've never gotten one that's worth more selling than running.

..btt
Mar 26, 2008
I would suggest you stop doing the un-id chaos recipe and sell mediocre/good rares to players instead. I have made an order of magnitude more currency by IDing items since they added the stash tab API. I don't even bother with the id'd chaos recipe anymore. It's just not worth my time or effort.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
I have recently been going the way of picking up less, a lot less ,skipping the chaos recipe completely and just running more maps faster. I don't mind running yellow maps even though I have over half a stash tab of t11-13. I only pick up currency, cards, maps, 6s, jewels and rares of specific types that are more likely to be valuable. The last one is the one that requires some experience, however a good item filter goes a long way.

I don't roll these maps well at all, it's all about numbers - good layouts and density. If they're under t10 I even run them blue sometimes. If there's less than 50 mobs left and I don't know where, I leave the map rather than look for them. This approach will obviously only work if you can maintain a super high clear speed, and you have a map pool to sustain unlucky streaks.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

..btt posted:

I would suggest you stop doing the un-id chaos recipe and sell mediocre/good rares to players instead. I have made an order of magnitude more currency by IDing items since they added the stash tab API. I don't even bother with the id'd chaos recipe anymore. It's just not worth my time or effort.

really? you've been selling ilvel 60-74 poo poo to other players? I doubt that

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Well I don't seriously start running a tier until I've got at least 15 or so of them. I also don't really have a good grasp on how to evaluate rares other than "life + resists = good"

..btt
Mar 26, 2008

really? you've been selling ilvel 60-74 poo poo to other players? I doubt that

Believe it or not, people usually care more about affixes on rares than item level. Sure they can't roll the absolute top end affixes, but they can still roll high affixes. Most of my currency has come from trades for ~5c or less.

Also, people buy items while levelling.

E: ^^ a good way to get a feel for the value of various rares/affixes is to put a load up for sale and note what sells quickly.

..btt fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Oct 5, 2016

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!
I'm new to having a character in endgame, how do people handle maps.

I'm doing t10-t11, but I only have one t10 left and no more t11s. I have about 3 t9's and 10 each of the t7-t5.

Is there some general rule of thumb?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

GarudaPrime posted:

I'm new to having a character in endgame, how do people handle maps.

I'm doing t10-t11, but I only have one t10 left and no more t11s. I have about 3 t9's and 10 each of the t7-t5.

Is there some general rule of thumb?

Now with atlas buy the maps that give out shaper orbs and complete them. The more completion you have the more maps you'll get.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Ask in guild for people to trade you maps that you don't have, and run them for atlas completion. It gets incredibly easy (compared to pre-atlas) to sustain red maps at a certain point. I've got probably just about every yellow map you could want and I'll just give you them if you message me ingame, and I'm sure that a lot of us are just as willing to help out.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
My CWDTZerker is mapping up a storm now. It's great, I spin into a mob, and either they all die or I do. :unsmigghh:

For real, though, it's actually surprisingly strong! The real trick is that I really need level 20 CWDT and spell gems and that costs a lot more than you'd think :argh:

I also really really need to finally clear uber lab for Cloaked in Savagery because at that point I'll be nearly immortal.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
I've got this Vortex-Ignite up and running and it's pretty strong, but I've got a coupla sticking points:

1. I'm running dual-curse and discipline, as well as the 2 -4% mana reserved nodes and Deep Thoughts. This gives me enough mana to run around casting Vortex, but I wonder if that's too steep of a price to pay to have enfeeble on blasphemy. Alternately, I could just do a cwdt/curse on hit for enfeeble, I guess?

2. Is there some way to get sustain on this build? The life leech from Ghost Reaver is real garbage. I guess I'd need Zealot's Oath, but I don't know how to build up that regen?

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
Exalted T1 life onto this in ESC so... anyone playing hybrid spells?

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Jinnigan posted:

2. Is there some way to get sustain on this build? The life leech from Ghost Reaver is real garbage. I guess I'd need Zealot's Oath, but I don't know how to build up that regen?
Sustain on that build sucks, and is the single reason why I specced back out of it. You could try ZO & stone golem, although you'd lose that %damage from fire golem. The flask that gives consecrated ground & ZO actually isn't terrible as far as that goes. Other than that, multiple Vaal disciplines with inc. dur?

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
RIP that shield.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
That shield is sexy and I want to put my mouthparts on it

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
What's a good way to level in the 90's, raking up a few more deaths then I'd like with 7k life, been stuck at 50% to level for ages because anytime I'll make progress I'll run across something that explodes on death, either a giant pack I'll stand in the middle of without seeing the explosion in time, or a essence mob that exploded on death and one shot me, or just a map boss that suddenly pulls out a 1 hit.

Makes me want to reroll a CI character with those 5 digit life pools.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
How does one get zana/map device into his hideout these days?
Shes in the eternal lab but i cant invite her although i have a master slot open...

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Yolomon Wayne posted:

How does one get zana/map device into his hideout these days?
Shes in the eternal lab but i cant invite her although i have a master slot open...

You need to get her to level 2 (should be one mission after you first find her) to do so. Ask in guild chat to leech someone's daily to make it easy.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Pharnakes posted:

RIP that shield.

Soothing Vapors posted:

That shield is sexy and I want to put my mouthparts on it

And people say build diversity is dead with pathfinder BV.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Bugsy posted:

You need to get her to level 2 (should be one mission after you first find her) to do so. Ask in guild chat to leech someone's daily to make it easy.

Well doesnt matter anymore, died on my second map to an essence pack and an 800ms spike.

But thanks anyways.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

the first to 100 in hardcore was kinetic blast miner, so do that

seriously: Waggle killed Shaper with this Scourge Necromancer yesterday, so do that https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Dsfarblarwaggle/characters

For real the Bladefall Totem build I put together is really, really safe: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Ultima66/characters

I'm just kind of bored of it because it's a totem build that doesn't blow up everything instantly. Clear speed and boss damage is pretty much the same as Essence Drain as far as I can tell, with what I believe is better single target damage but I really can't tell for sure. It combines all the perks of being a 10000+ ES Soul Strike Occultist with the advantages of playing totems so you never have to be near dangerous enemies and can spend all your time running around. Also actually hitting enemies is less awkward than with ED to me personally. The mana costs suck though.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
One of them things

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
12 ex for a dollar?!

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Almost sounds too good to be true...

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

a ggg mod actually made a serious "rmt is bad okay" post in that thread lol

Invader Zym
Sep 19, 2002
Can I get a guild invite? Character name: Rhiain

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

X_X

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
It took me way too long to figure out that dude didn't get scammed :v:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

he got exactly what he paid for :mrgw:

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

how does Wither work with the new channeling skill system? can't seem to find much up to date info

specifically wondering if, when in a totem, you need faster casting support or other support gems to get it to max stacks, or does the new channel system just let it get to 20 stacks naturally?

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Ha, had to think for a sec to figure out what exactly he bought.

Though more seriously, you can grab some cheap helm skins on Steam.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

how does Wither work with the new channeling skill system? can't seem to find much up to date info

specifically wondering if, when in a totem, you need faster casting support or other support gems to get it to max stacks, or does the new channel system just let it get to 20 stacks naturally?

Not even close.

Wither has a cast time of 0.28s, which works out to 3.57 casts/second. Spell Totem knocks this down by 30% to a nice even 2.5 casts / second. Wither itself lasts only 2 seconds, which means ST Wither can only maintain 4 stacks naturally (ok, 5, for like a nanosecond). You'd need either 300% increase in some combination of cast speed and/or duration in order to get 20 stacks total (10 casts / second times 2 seconds = 20 casts; 2.5 casts / second times 8 seconds = 20 casts).

Or you can be a Hierophant and and grab Ancestral Bond/Ritual of Awakening and have 4 totems drop Wither on targets simultaneously :v:

It's sounds like you're thinking Wither works the same as Flameblast, which they did change the interaction with ST on. With FB, you can cast it until it gets up to its max of 10 charges and hold it there until your fingers fall off, but that's stupid as you'll eventually want to actually release to set it off. Well Spell Totem used to do just that, and would only release FB when the totem itself died. Now the interaction is that as soon as it reaches max charges it will stop casting (releasing FB) and then start back up again, continuing the cycle until the totem dies, which is infinitely better to work with (source: am Flameblast Totem this league).

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Oct 6, 2016

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

hmm ok so I want to socket a faster cast speed + increased duration supporting my wither totem

multiple totems not an option as this is just for some extra boss kill speed on a ED+decay occultist

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

get a 20% faster cast it's super worth it. adds another 10% cast speed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Empower 3: 25 chaos
Empower 4: 9.5 exalted

that last level will get ya

I got a 6L, dual res 801 ES regalia for 11ex. Chromed it BBGGGR in under 60. Popped that cheap level 3 empower and my DPS went up 30%. My essence drain is 19(21) right now, I have 7 of them leveling to 20 shortly. Can't wait to see what this poo poo does with a level 24 essence drain.

• Locked thread