Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

Jerry Richardson was the first person who immediately came to my mind

No wonder they're 1-3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
i have no doubt that jimmy haslam has said that to his players, and they know he's loving nuts enough to follow up on it

HarlanHell
Nov 16, 2012

Nevermind that shit here comes Mingo!

v2vian man posted:

i have no doubt that jimmy haslam has said that to his players, and they know he's loving nuts enough to follow up on it

Jimmy's father was a world war 1 vet. Jimmy served in Korea. Hes a good old boy from Tennessee. Of course hes ordered everyone to stand. Good on him. Hes the boss he sets the rules. Free speech doesn't extend to the work place in most other jobs either.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

HarlanHell posted:

Jimmy's father was a world war 1 vet. Jimmy served in Korea. Hes a good old boy from Tennessee. Of course hes ordered everyone to stand. Good on him. Hes the boss he sets the rules. Free speech doesn't extend to the work place in most other jobs either.
the first defense of jimmy haslem in history

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

HarlanHell posted:

That's not how any of that works.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

HarlanHell posted:

Free speech doesn't extend to the work place in most other jobs either.

Uhhh what?

Yes it does...thats the whole point of it. But freedom of speech =/= freedom from consequences

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I'm pretty sure that post was a joke

maybe...

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

v2vian man posted:

That's a great idea: Give any player good enough to get on to a competent football team the easiest way out of his contract imaginable.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Free Speech rights definitely do not protect you from private citizens, only the government

of course, that also means that a pro team, such as the Cleveland Browns, would not be protected from their speech leading me to say 'u suck, gently caress u!'

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Free Speech is so misunderstood in this country it makes you want to vomit

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

HarlanHell posted:

You're loving kidding

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Amy Pole Her posted:

People like to pick and choose when it applies...they also seem to think that freedom of speech means freedom of consequence too.

It happens everywhere that has freedom of speech...not jus the US.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Amy Pole Her posted:

DON'T VOMIT ON MY RIGHT TO FREE SPEECH SIR

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

CyberPingu posted:

People like to pick and choose when it applies...they also seem to think that freedom of speech means freedom of consequence too.

It happens everywhere that has freedom of speech...not jus the US.

If one more person asks me how to sue X because they couldn't say Y at Company Z I'll go insane

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Amy Pole Her posted:

If one more person asks me how to sue X because they couldn't say Y at Company Z I'll go insane

how odd i was just coming to ask you this right now how much money can I get

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Oh, it turns out Doug Baldwin may have taken the quote from a meme that was proven to be fake:

http://www.snopes.com/jerry-jones-speech-911/

Nevermind! Though it wouldn't surprise me if some NFL owners contemplated / already done this.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
Robert Kraft went into the locker room after practice yesterday. He looked around at the young men and addressed them as a group. "Regardless of your personal morals, you WILL win this game." Robert waited a second and made eye contact with several players to make sure his words had sunk in. He knew he had their undivided attention and proceeded. "You gentlemen have free will, but you also have a sub-miniature explosive device implanted in your carotid arteries. You will win whatever it takes because you know that everyone you care about also has explosives in their arteries." Then his inner fire started to shine through as he said quietly “but most of all, I want you to remember that we have robotic clones of each of you and you are replaceable."

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

seiferguy posted:

Oh, it turns out Doug Baldwin may have taken the quote from a meme that was proven to be fake:

http://www.snopes.com/jerry-jones-speech-911/

Nevermind! Though it wouldn't surprise me if some NFL owners contemplated / already done this.

Imagine being the guy who wrote that and then wiping your cum on a troy aikman camo jersey when you were done

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Spoeank posted:

Imagine being the guy who wrote that and then wiping your cum on a troy aikman camo jersey when you were done

That's worse than disrespecting the flag in my opinion :911:

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
It's really bothering me how the anti-kaepernick people talk about "unity" which is code for "don't do things I don't like"

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

v2vian man posted:

It's really bothering me how the anti-kaepernick people talk about "unity" which is code for "don't do things I don't like"

Everything is fine in the US as long as you listen to whitey.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Something i just realized during the anthem today:

Why doesn't anybody get mad at owners for not ceasing concession sales during the anthem

(Because owners are white)

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Spoeank posted:

Something i just realized during the anthem today:

Why doesn't anybody get mad at owners for not ceasing concession sales during the anthem

(Because owners are white)

Coca Cola is more American than the flag

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Chichevache posted:

Coca Cola is more American than the flag

Levi's has exclusively Pepsi products.

:downsrim:

I said that because I heard someone bitching about Kaepernick disrespecting the flag and anthem... while they were in line for food while the anthem played last night.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Spoeank posted:

Levi's has exclusively Pepsi products.

:downsrim:

I said that because I heard someone bitching about Kaepernick disrespecting the flag and anthem... while they were in line for food while the anthem played last night.

Yeah but they were standing in line to get food

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Have I mentioned that I dislike compulsory displays of patriotism? Because I do. fiimotspmbf

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Most liberal Justice: Stupid, disrespectful blacks should just stand up:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The most supreme hot take.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
the only Real, White Liberal was John Brown

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

replace her with Kaepernick imho

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Somebody mentioned the Supreme Court so I'm gonna post my favorite onion thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hyph_DZa_GQ

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Are we just quietly sidestepping the fact that a Supreme Court judge called Kaepernick stupid and ignorant for exercising his Constitutional right.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Spoeank posted:

Are we just quietly sidestepping the fact that a Supreme Court judge called Kaepernick stupid and ignorant for exercising his Constitutional right.

Old white person thinks kneelgate is stupid: film at 11

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Supreme Court judges can't have opinions?

Also, when judges enter the courtroom everyone is instructed to "all rise" so maybe judges just like seeing people standing :v:

weird Asian candy fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Oct 10, 2016

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
They can't, it's part of the law. You didn't know?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

weird Asian candy posted:

Supreme Court judges can't have opinions?

You got us, no she shouldn't. The secret police are on their way as we speak.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

CharlestheHammer posted:

You got us, no she shouldn't. The secret police are on their way as we speak.

ok

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Aw, why do you have to be that way, RBG?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Old white lady who is supposed to hold up Constitutional rights calls a black guy ignorant for exercising his rights. That's bad, bad optics.

Given her job she probably should have chosen better phrasing. "I disagree with what he is doing but it is his Constitutional right to do so." Calling someone stupid and ignorant when there's a nonzero chance something related to this ends up in her lap is poor judgement (nailed it) on her part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

especially after her kid glove treatment of trump

• Locked thread