Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

AlphaKretin posted:

Nah her crime was on the level of like, Adrian, and she got out the next year.

I see, I can only imagine it ending after Phoenix awkwardly introducing Trucy to her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The real reason Iris won't show up again is because she only showed up in one case in the main trilogy where she wasn't even the main focus, and the writers + most fans aren't interested in bringing her back.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Gameko posted:

I think these Phoenix games would be a lot more interesting if the relationships developed more over time. The characters age but how they relate is just status quo. Phoenix should have kids with one of these leading ladies by now.

Real good chance they'd piss off a contingent of fans by doing that, so it's not likely they ever will,

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Phoenix hasn't had any romantic interest in any of the "leading ladies". Mia was just his mentor and Maya is his best friend. It'd be really weird if he hooked up with like, Athena or something.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
Everyone in these games are related somehow so none of them should kiss, ever

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Lurdiak posted:

Phoenix hasn't had any romantic interest in any of the "leading ladies". Mia was just his mentor and Maya is his best friend. It'd be really weird if he hooked up with like, Athena or something.

Yeah seriously.

he's gonna marry edgeworth

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Phoenix is going to marry Charley

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I still need to finish the DLC, but

Suspicious Cook posted:

Hey, I know! I'll use my trusty frying pan as a crying pan!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this. :allears:

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.

Dongicus posted:

Yeah seriously.
Nope. Phoenix Wright is an *ace* attorney. It's in the darn title!

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

the only reference to Iris we've had in this second trilogy was in AA5 when Athena detects Nick's extremely complicated emotions when shown the newspaper about the love triangle.

needless to say, she's not coming back. Nick works better as a single dad to two lawyers and a magician

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Pretty much.

I keep having to remind myself that, despite the name pun, Apollo and Athena are not brother and sister.

Apollo and Trucy are.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Patter Song posted:

Pretty much.

I keep having to remind myself that, despite the name pun, Apollo and Athena are not brother and sister.

Apollo and Trucy are.

That's the wrong goddess anyway :v:

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Patter Song posted:

Pretty much.

Apollo and Trucy are.

They pretty much are siblings. I wouldn't be surprised if Athena hid Apollo's Defense Attorney Barbie after getting fed up about him waking everyone up at 6AM with his chords of steel.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
We know Trucy parents Apollo dads and Athena mom. We need to meet Nicks pArents. Or maybe even the Butz's!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

nftyw posted:

We know Trucy parents Apollo dads and Athena mom. We need to meet Nicks pArents. Or maybe even the Butz's!

I'm just imagining Larry, but with (case 3 spoilers)Datz Are'bal's beard from day 1

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

The DLC case actually owns because they talk about Gumshoe :unsmith:

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Sea Sponge Run posted:

The DLC case actually owns because they talk about Gumshoe :unsmith:

Not good enough :mad:

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
6-5 might legitimately be my favorite case in the series. I didn't think they could top 3-5 but my god what a wild, crazy ride.

I don't really know what DLC concept could possibly have lived up to it, but hey it had Phoenix/Maya investigating and some great banter with Edgeworth so I can't hate it even if the ending felt super rushed.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

Phoenix hasn't had any romantic interest in any of the "leading ladies". Mia was just his mentor and Maya is his best friend.

Man I was super mad at SoJ cus they referred to Maya as "Phoenix's assistant" and Edgeworth as "Phoenix's best friend" which is BULLSHIT

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Men and women can't be friends. The world would explode.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Let's not forget de killer kidnapped the most important person or some phrasing like that

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
I'm on Case 3 right now and I loving hate Nahyuta as a character. He is by far the worst "main" prosecutor in the series, which is a real shame after Blackquill loving killed it in Dual Destinies.

Without spoiling the rest of the game, is there some pending redemption that makes his character even slightly less interesting? I already know he's Apollo's brother, but soap-opera twists do not an interesting character make

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Plom Bar posted:

Without spoiling the rest of the game, is there some pending redemption that makes his character even slightly less interesting? I already know he's Apollo's brother, but soap-opera twists do not an interesting character make

Yes, but no. He gets a redemption of sorts, but it doesn't make him any more interesting.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
Yeah, more, that's what I meant. Geez, me.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Dongicus posted:

the tragic twist is that eventually, phoenix is gonna get murdered and they're gonna accuse his common-law spouse

larry butz

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Surprise, it was actually a body double and Phoenix runs off with the good humored and constant partner that's been with him thru thick and thin, the Judge.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
ugh the judge is married nick isn't a homewrecker

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Carlosologist posted:

the only reference to Iris we've had in this second trilogy was in AA5 when Athena detects Nick's extremely complicated emotions when shown the newspaper about the love triangle.

needless to say, she's not coming back. Nick works better as a single dad to two lawyers and a magician

I'm not saying she's definitely coming back, but I sure wouldn't have bet on the ending of AA6 ever happening either.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Lurdiak posted:

I'm not saying she's definitely coming back, but I sure wouldn't have bet on the ending of AA6 ever happening either.

So long Juniper we're never hearing from you again

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
AA6 did a much better job throwing curveballs than AA5 in general. The only thing I managed to predict about 6-5 before the case started was that Dhurke would be the defendant, and even that was only half true and the follow-up twist took me way off guard.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

nftyw posted:

She's Athena's best friend and so will be very important in AA7: Athena Cykes - Ace Attorney.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

nftyw posted:

Check the little stickers on the lockers in the costume dlc menu :)

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Great, now me and my unobservant eyes have a big ol' Bum Rap.

nftyw fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Oct 6, 2016

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
I'm super late to this, but I just got to Case 3 Trial Day 2 and as soon as it became even slightly possible I immediately called that Puhray was a fake name, I still absolutely love that his real name is Rheel Neh'mu. Khura'in is just goddamn perfect in every way.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
The names of Khura'inese people are so incredibly terrible that they underflow into being the greatest. I was rolling my eyes at the names all the way through the first case but by the end of Case 3 I was sold.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

nftyw posted:

Great, now me and my unobservant eyes have a big ol' Bum Rap.

It's also Apollo's cell phone charm.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
wow, 6-4 is the most japanese thing to ever japan

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Nahyuta really reminds me of Justine Courtney from AAI2. They both get their big redemption in case 5, but when you actually think about it that leaves the entire rest of the game where they've been a massive rear end in a top hat for basically no reason other than that the writers needed an antagonist who was satisfying to defeat.

You can even justify both of their cases with some mental gymnastics and liberal interpretation of the story but the game certainly isn't doing it for you. I think I like Justine a bit more though, probably because she gets to have some nice character moments in case 5 while Nahyuta has no such luxury.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
At least Nahyuta didn't say he was gonna take away your badge every other time you cross-examined someone, or spend the entire game undermining the best character in said game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Justine turning on Blaine in Case 4 owned plenty, I thought. Maybe that's just AAI2's Pursuit talking, though.