Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

syscall girl posted:

i might be projecting but he might have not wanted to die and then be wrapped up in a political non-controversy

the proper narrative is that the state dept. was underfunded by tea partyists and small govt rear end clowns/hypocritical isolationists
no- to be ironically lambasted by his own because that's how we do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/783876942693036032

:unsmigghh:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Necc0 posted:

no- to be ironically lambasted by his own because that's how we do

:ok:

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

also necroposting to say i wish trve kvlt surf music was a real thing, because i find the actual versions of these songs intolerable. i want to love metal (and generally i love the instrumentals), but i really cant stand to listen to a man growl about rape and murder all day so the heaviest thing i can listen to is like nightwish which isn't really the same thing.

like, can i get some black metal, death metal, etc without the odiously violent themes? actually asking, cuz when u ask in the nmd metal thread they just go "harden up and deal with the vocals pussy".

you should ask in phiz instead

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

duTrieux. posted:

oh my god this entire thing is loving gold

holy poo poo

Graff
May 10, 2012

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

also necroposting to say i wish trve kvlt surf music was a real thing, because i find the actual versions of these songs intolerable. i want to love metal (and generally i love the instrumentals), but i really cant stand to listen to a man growl about rape and murder all day so the heaviest thing i can listen to is like nightwish which isn't really the same thing.

like, can i get some black metal, death metal, etc without the odiously violent themes? actually asking, cuz when u ask in the nmd metal thread they just go "harden up and deal with the vocals pussy".

you can actually make out the lyrics? I did backing vocals for a death metal band once and even then I couldn't make out the lyrics.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Graff posted:

you can actually make out the lyrics? I did backing vocals for a death metal band once and even then I couldn't make out the lyrics.

its the best 'cos if you forget the words you can just make noises and people still go nuts. i know. i did this frequently

Graff
May 10, 2012

Radio Paranoia posted:

its the best 'cos if you forget the words you can just make noises and people still go nuts. i know. i did this frequently

i did this once when the cheat sheet i had taped to my keyboard fell down. such extremeness.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

cyanide and happiness is making comics about yospos now

yospos comics

yosmics

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

https://twitter.com/Markov_Carmack/status/783702080229822464

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Radio Paranoia posted:

cyanide and happiness is making comics about yospos now

yospos comics

yosmics

its me.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

ryan stiles is sharp as a tack

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

https://m.photofunia.com/categories/all_effects/retro-wave

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

:thejoke:

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/Markov_Carmack/status/783702080229822464

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

the avengers owns and diana rigg is still playing sharp roles

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbK-Bo3k9KQ

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

beyond 2000 owned and im the guy at the beginning

also connections was a rad show

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

new Fallout: Red Dead Redemption lookin loving great

https://twitter.com/WestworldHBO/status/783353757388017664?lang=en

Graff
May 10, 2012

DrPossum posted:

weirdly boob-heavy for a science documentary, but I guess it was the 70s

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

DrPossum posted:

beyond 2000 owned and im the guy at the beginning

Beyond 2000 owned for 10 year old me until I was watching it a family get-together and the blond lady started doing a 15 minute monologue about female condoms with visual aids and my grandmother started yelling at my parents about the types of shows they let me watch.

Graff posted:

It was also a historical documentary and human history is, like, 50% driven by boobs and the imperative to get more boobs.

Ornamental Dingbat fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Oct 6, 2016

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Graff posted:

i clearly watched the wrong science shows as a kid

"Separate Ways" – Burke shows how to get from sugar to atomic weapons by two totally independent paths. The first involves African slaves, Abolitionist societies, Sampson Lloyd II, wire, suspension bridges, galvanised wire, settlement of the Wild West, barbed wire, canned corn, and cadmium. The second path involves sweet tea, rum, a double boiler, the steam engine, Matthew Boulton, English currency, the pantograph, electroplating, and cathode ray tubes.

:eyepop:

prefect fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Oct 6, 2016

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

nice

Phillip K. Dork
May 25, 2011

Doctor Rope

I legit thought the las track was titled 110 bpm barf and seized up

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

akadajet posted:

it sounds like trash. much better smashmouth remixes out there

http://www.neilcic.com/mouthsounds/

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
this is the science show i grew up with

i enjoyed that they had a full beard between them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHEZT4fO2kI

Graff
May 10, 2012

MausoleumExtremist posted:

It was also a historical documentary and human history is, like, 50% driven by boobs and the imperative to get more boobs.

Jacob Bronowski didn't resort to such cheap tricks. or, indeed, mention women at all really

Graff
May 10, 2012

civilisation was pretty dope if you want something not science

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ACKixVPxiQ

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Graff posted:

Russ Meyer's Cosmos

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Russ Meyer's Cosmos

His films were unique in that the women were always the strong characters, and men were the mindless sex objects. The film critic B. Ruby Rich called him “the first feminist American director.” Meyer took praise with a grain of salt. After “The Seven Minutes” (1971), an attempt at a serious mainstream big studio picture, flopped at the box office, he told me: “I made the mistake of reading my reviews. What the public wants are big laughs and big tits and lots of ‘em. Lucky for me that’s what I like, too.”

Graff
May 10, 2012

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Russ Meyer's Cosmos

lol

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Russ Meyer's Cosmos

Meat Planet

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Bill'unns and bill'unns of big ol' titties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I marathoned all the connections and the day the universe changed. Then went and found the other stuff he did. I did this like 2 years ago. That poo poo is great, and a little subversive.

Still haven't found the oil game. The climate change one was p spot on, it was cool to watch 25 years later and see how accurate the predictions were.

• Locked thread