Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

boy are my arms tired posted:

i just started this on recommendation from the android gaming thread and tried to apply to SwdofLowtax but im guessing its not for lower level players? I'm RafzaSA.

Do your best to unlock Krut this month. He is one of the strongest characters in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Somefool posted:

You can take the last spot since I couldn't get confirmation on some mystery person. As long as you do the daily attendance, you'll be fine. I only kick due to inactivity.

I'll wait for your application to show up.

I hit apply to join, but it keeps blanking out and then cancelling my invite when I go back to the home page. Am I missing something?

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Helical Nightmares posted:

Do your best to unlock Krut this month. He is one of the strongest characters in the game.

I can barely get past the first stage on him right now so I don't know how that's gonna work tbh

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

I hit apply to join, but it keeps blanking out and then cancelling my invite when I go back to the home page. Am I missing something?

Nothing wrong on my end. Accepted you into the guild. Guild back to full.

Don't expect to clear Krut's island until you get farther into the game. Lost Island stages aren't made for brand new people.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

I can barely get past the first stage on him right now so I don't know how that's gonna work tbh

By the end of a week or two you'll be fine.

How many Red Crystals do you have?

What's your level and what stage are you at right now?

Also follow Ninjadebugger's and Somefool's advice in the OP. Get to Jack, then grind Jack.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

By the end of a week or two you'll be fine.

How many Red Crystals do you have?

What's your level and what stage are you at right now?

Also follow Ninjadebugger's and Somefool's advice in the OP. Get to Jack, then grind Jack.

I'm level 15 and I just got to the third island. I have been spending my red crystals on exploration levelups, and that's at 5 at the moment.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.

Incidentally, Krut first debuted when I was a newbie too, and I was able to get him, so it is possible. The trick is to rush the story to unlock Jack, then use Krut 1 to level your team (I think I used Carrot, Jack, Mas, Kai, and someone else from the newbie pool I can't remember who anymore). It won't actually be that long before your team can win Krut 2. And Krut 2 can unlock Krut if you're a dedicated enough grinder.

You probably won't be able max Krut's skills this month, but do yourself a favor and start by maxing his 1st skill. It hits like a loving truck, and is darn cheap to max.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
Are there any "area" type characters worth anything? I've got a ketarh's secret just sitting around collecting dust because I don't use any area guys at this time.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Thanks for the "Getting Krut for new players". Thats going in the op.

Area characters: Raskreia (Noblesse), Klein, Jenny (for the crits iirc).

Kitty maybe? Somefool & NinjaD were using Kitty as mercs.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
So how good is Spooky since I don't see her on the spreadsheet from the OP?

[Edit] For more context, I'm working my way towards Jack right now, so super new. She seems cool though, but I obviously have no idea what's actually good or not.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Oct 5, 2016

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
The spreadsheet is old and bad, ignore it.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

I know Deborah is solid if you don't have Raskrea. And on the topic of Krut farming, mercs are your friends. I started during Noblesse, and the only reason I got most everyone was goon mercs.

And definitely ignore the character spreadsheet.

Nomadic Scholar fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Oct 5, 2016

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

https://www.facebook.com/notes/fantasy-war-tactics/1013thu-rainbow-equipment-capsule-revision-announcement/1807312696149708

Of course they change how rainbow coocoos work after I did 12 10x 1* pulls. I would've gotten my full slime king set by now.

:negative:

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
I feel like I just beat the SwdOfLowtax raid boss

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Secx posted:

I feel like I just beat the SwdOfLowtax raid boss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDajqW561KM

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Using Deimos on that map is just straight up cheating. :colbert:

I'm preparing mine to be in the slot 1 position. :ssh:

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 218 days!
Looks like Rainbow caps are up for some changes:

1. Obtainable Set Items from the capsule will be limited to the items announced in the list.
(Set Item list will be updated regularly.)

2. Chance to obtain ★1~★5 Set items will be raised.

3. Higher chance to obtain S Class or higher and lower chance to obtain A Class Set item from Guaranteed set item pull (10th pull) of Rainbow Equipment Capsule x10.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/fantasy-war-tactics/1013thu-rainbow-equipment-capsule-revision-announcement/1807312696149708

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Just started, I need to some kind 1337 goon friends to carry me though for some Krut goodness!

Add Roid666 please!

Roid666 fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Oct 6, 2016

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Hodgepodge posted:

Looks like Rainbow caps are up for some changes:

1. Obtainable Set Items from the capsule will be limited to the items announced in the list.
(Set Item list will be updated regularly.)

2. Chance to obtain ★1~★5 Set items will be raised.

3. Higher chance to obtain S Class or higher and lower chance to obtain A Class Set item from Guaranteed set item pull (10th pull) of Rainbow Equipment Capsule x10.

They're going back to black caps, but with a higher rate. RIP everybody who blew a bunch of gems on the new sets this week.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
okay so newbie question that i cant find the answer to on google

how the hell do i set my mercenary to something not chris. i swear ive gone through what feels like every menu option, ui element, etc on the home screen and can't find it.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.

okay so newbie question that i cant find the answer to on google

how the hell do i set my mercenary to something not chris. i swear ive gone through what feels like every menu option, ui element, etc on the home screen and can't find it.

It's in a stupid place. Look under "Expeditions", the mercenary tab.

For a question of my own, who would be better for increased agro sets? Muz, or Jack? Or bearman even though I've literally never used him since 5*ing him, and he has poo poo for equipment right now. I just got a complete Legion Banner, and I'd like to use it somewhere...

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

NinjaDebugger posted:

They're going back to black caps, but with a higher rate. RIP everybody who blew a bunch of gems on the new sets this week.

I pulled great on the 3* banner this week so rip everyone else.

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
Halloween patch notes up:

https://www.facebook.com/notes/fantasy-war-tactics/developers-note-18-halloween/1807739766107001

New Lost Island hero and free 2*, 3*, 4*, 5* x10 pulls for everyone using the new (improved) black coocoos!

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Buying all those costumes.

Also Zombie Lucas :toot:

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
other newbie question:

lets assume im a big dingus and don't mind spending a little bit of money on this each month, what would be a good priority after explorations and lord costumes? looking to get to endgame the most efficient way possible, i suppose. just follow the crystal guide in the op?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

other newbie question:

lets assume im a big dingus and don't mind spending a little bit of money on this each month, what would be a good priority after explorations and lord costumes? looking to get to endgame the most efficient way possible, i suppose. just follow the crystal guide in the op?

Explorations, then lord masteries, period. After that things get pretty open. Lord costumes are at best a third investment. Now that decent coocoos are coming back, a good way to go from f2p tier to dolphin tier is to get random set items from tower and daily bonuses and then, when those sets come up in the store, drop a bunch of crystals completing your sets.

Similarly, when a really good A-rank set comes up, dropping some crystals on it is a good way to 1) luck into S and SS pieces while you get a good set, and 2) get plenty of pieces of good sets for multiple characters or for transcendence.

Good A-rank sets to watch for:

1: Battlefield Healer, Ketarh Apprentice
2: Serial Killer
3: Tiger Claw Tribe Guardian, Wild Chaser
4:New Elian Kingdom Cavalry, Persona's Trick, Super Ranger: Black
5:Revelation of the Great Universe, White Knight's Oath

Edit: Now that they're going back to black coocoos, I'll resume my reviews of the set offerings each week, so keep an eye out.

NinjaDebugger fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Oct 6, 2016

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

NinjaDebugger posted:

Explorations, then lord masteries, period. After that things get pretty open. Lord costumes are at best a third investment. Now that decent coocoos are coming back, a good way to go from f2p tier to dolphin tier is to get random set items from tower and daily bonuses and then, when those sets come up in the store, drop a bunch of crystals completing your sets.

Similarly, when a really good A-rank set comes up, dropping some crystals on it is a good way to 1) luck into S and SS pieces while you get a good set, and 2) get plenty of pieces of good sets for multiple characters or for transcendence.

Good A-rank sets to watch for:

1: Battlefield Healer, Ketarh Apprentice
2: Serial Killer
3: Tiger Claw Tribe Guardian, Wild Chaser
4:New Elian Kingdom Cavalry, Persona's Trick, Super Ranger: Black
5:Revelation of the Great Universe, White Knight's Oath

Edit: Now that they're going back to black coocoos, I'll resume my reviews of the set offerings each week, so keep an eye out.

awesome, thanks

is it possible to max out every skill on the lord? i'm assuming this is gonna run me a boatload of crystals to do ifi wanted to though

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Alright I have to ask

Is "dolphin tier" distinct from "whale tier"? Like a lesser whale? First time I've heard of the term.

And I'll update OP at some point with NinjaD's advice on Red Crystal spending priority, thanks!

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

awesome, thanks

is it possible to max out every skill on the lord? i'm assuming this is gonna run me a boatload of crystals to do ifi wanted to though

It is not. You can get a maximum of 50 points of battle and 50 of support mastery, as I recall, from purchases. I'm level 108 and I'm not even close to being able to fill everything.

Alright I have to ask

Is "dolphin tier" distinct from "whale tier"? Like a lesser whale? First time I've heard of the term.

And I'll update OP at some point with NinjaD's advice on Red Crystal spending priority, thanks!

Dolphins are basically tiny whales, so dolphin tier is people who have spent a bit on the game, but nowhere near enough to compete with actual whales like say, JayGutta or Barsark, people who buy out the max of 15 $100 monthly packages each month.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Hallelujah, I'm finally at the 5 5* units point. my team is Raskrea, Muzaka, Krut, Valkyrie and Celestial. Jack is well on his way to being my next 5*, if I can get enough cats to level him.

2x speed is going to be a godsend for us all.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Iunnrais posted:

It's in a stupid place. Look under "Expeditions", the mercenary tab.

For a question of my own, who would be better for increased agro sets? Muz, or Jack? Or bearman even though I've literally never used him since 5*ing him, and he has poo poo for equipment right now. I just got a complete Legion Banner, and I'd like to use it somewhere...

Bearman is by far my favorite tank, but agro sets are kind of weird on him. On the one hand, his third skill means one agro set and he's over 100% agro. On the other hand, my main use for him is putting reflect damage, then punching something over and over, keeping it stunned forever while tanking(and reflecting) everything.

To that end, you can't keep his third skill up AND keep something stunned forever, so mine actually has a fair bit of agro gear as well.

But then again, without the stun he's nothing special so take that as you will.

Deliciouscesium
Apr 10, 2012
Started playing a while ago and looking to get into a goon guild. I've sent an application to overflowtax as CesiumSA. I've unlocked Foose and am grinding Krut.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
Any tips for autoing Krut 5 with my small squad? I've got it SS-ed already but I'd rather not unlock and max the red dude by hand if I can avoid it. I had Deimos(21k) and Valk(23k) in the 1/2 slots, and they die turn 3 without grace (they both have 55% def). Celestial(29k)/anybody/Jack(21k) don't keep up against Krut's hp regen.

I have a pile of red coocoos I was saving for him but wouldn't mind spending to be able to auto the island. Jenny's not geared up but I have mod potions to spare and I'd be down to hit up the neph dungeons to make her some better stuff now that I've got her to 5* and skilled up. I assume I'm stacking crit %, damage, attack, crit damage in that order for her?

edit: only non-storyline characters I have off-screen are mu, witch sisters, and unskilled Chenny and Rage. Nobody past Henry from the story.

hey girl you up fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Oct 6, 2016

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Bring Raboff because Krut is not immune to disarms and Raboff can disarm for 2 turns. Have Raboff and Jack take the tiles on turn 1. Celestial should be the one attacking on turn 1 so she can attempt to seal Krut on turn 2.

Raboff should have enough MP to use his 3rd skill twice which is 4 turns of Krut doing nothing. If he's not dead by then or your heroes are dying to everything else, then you need better gear.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Somefool posted:

Bring Raboff because Krut is not immune to disarms

:crossarms:

Coulda sworn that was the first thing I checked. I'm dumb.

edit: Looks like it works as long as both disarms hit. I'll go big on Krut once Raboff gets his last rank of disarm in a few more days; his soul gear is already maxed.

hey girl you up fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Oct 7, 2016

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Incyer has been inactive for 4 days now if someone needs a spot in guild. Hulkbeef might be done too?

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

And this reminds me I haven't done the guild raid in a while. I need to fix that, lowtax needs more points.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

This is so unbelievably stupid. If I get first turn, I can setup Jenny to hit 3 targets now.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 218 days!
There's another FB survey deal, this time for 150 crystals.

https://www.facebook.com/Fwar/?hc_ref=PAGES_TIMELINE&fref=nf

The answer is 27.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Applied to Overflowtax as Schubalts. How do we change that text I see under people's names in the guild list?

• Locked thread