Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
voodoo dog
Jun 6, 2001

Gun Saliva

axelord posted:

The Raiders haven't used 1 bell cow back all season. While Dixon or Powell have the chance to be the guy. If Forte goes down or Dixon out plays West.

Plus the duration of Murray's injury is unknown. But I can't tell you Washington couldn't win the job it's possible. Just the path seems easier for Dixon and Powell to me.
Thanks, I guess I'll stay put. Don't really know a lot about the Raiders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

The waiver wire sucks rear end this year. I'm in 8,10,and 12 team leagues. And the RB disrespect this year is really funny as they're the most valuable commodity. Zero RB has really backfired for people who did it. The top WRs have mostly underpreformed. Random weeks of ridiculous scores and bad QB play has dominated. Nothing on the wire for RBs is rosterable.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

RBX posted:

The waiver wire sucks rear end this year. I'm in 8,10,and 12 team leagues. And the RB disrespect this year is really funny as they're the most valuable commodity. Zero RB has really backfired for people who did it. The top WRs have mostly underpreformed. Random weeks of ridiculous scores and bad QB play has dominated. Nothing on the wire for RBs is rosterable.

Yeah RB has mostly been pretty dire. Week 1 was pretty good (my top 3 recommendations were Coleman, Riddick, and McKinnon if you didn't need a spot start), but after that, the WR pickups have been significantly better imo.

I will say that this is a bit abnormal, though. Historically, RB WW guys perform better than WR WW guys - most of the WR production on teams comes from the draft.

Early RB could backfire too this year. In one redraft league I took Peterson (2), JCharles (4), Ameer (7), Foster (8), Coleman (11), Ware (12), and Lewis for the IR Spot (13). Seven drafted running backs should be fine, right? Thanks to the injury bug, I'm starting DeAndre and TWest this week.

Speaking of DeAndre, I'd probably only bump him up in value for spot starts this week. Long-term a 3-headed committee still seems likely. Upside plays still stay mostly the same in my WW rankings from earlier.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Woke up this morning to a guy offering me Allen Hurns for Cameron Brate so there's a nice lol.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

RBX posted:

Zero RB backfired? Melvin Gordon, Isaiah Crowell, Tevin Coleman, Christine Michael, Frank Gore, Spencer Ware, Jerick McKinnon, LeGarette Blount, DeAngelo Williams, Theo Riddick, and now DeAndre Washington were all zero RB target players this year, and have been pretty successful. Gordon, Crowell, Coleman and Blount are currently top 12 in points scored to date.

Hell, you could even make an argument that Murray was a fringe zero RB target, as he was a mid-late round guy, and he's the RB #1.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Does anyone that knows IDP know if I should dump Sean Lee (Dal)? He's always projected at 13+ but is underperforming (10.8) which makes him 24th on player rank, and I can grab Will Compton (ranked 7 38% owned, 14.4 average) or Jerrell Freeman (ranked 16 74% owned 12.1 average).

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Thinking of dumping Houston DST for Philadelphia DST, thoughts? I kinda want to give Houston one more week, but if not for a random TD return against the Titans they would have put up 3 points against a weak offense.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

illcendiary posted:

Thinking of dumping Houston DST for Philadelphia DST, thoughts? I kinda want to give Houston one more week, but if not for a random TD return against the Titans they would have put up 3 points against a weak offense.

Watt is out for the year in the office is garbage so the defense has to keep taking the field. I'd go Philly. I'm not sure that the defense is actually quite as good as they're playing right now but the special teams unit is great and you might end up with a return touchdown here or there.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I picked up Philly this week and I hope to keep them every week or at least take a break from streaming.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

LmaoTheKid posted:

I picked up Philly this week and I hope to keep them every week or at least take a break from streaming.

Right there with you.

This week should certainly prove whether they're an every week option or not. Road game against a QB that can put up points and be exposed for turnovers. They're three point favorites and the line has moved in their favor, so I'd expect positive game script and turnover opportunity.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I think what this season proves is that all draft strategies are bullshit and we succeed and fail at the whim of fate.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
I feel like this year has been especially bad for injuries. Even more so than last year which was really loving brutal.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Forever_Peace posted:

Yeah RB has mostly been pretty dire. Week 1 was pretty good (my top 3 recommendations were Coleman, Riddick, and McKinnon if you didn't need a spot start), but after that, the WR pickups have been significantly better imo.

I will say that this is a bit abnormal, though. Historically, RB WW guys perform better than WR WW guys - most of the WR production on teams comes from the draft.

Early RB could backfire too this year. In one redraft league I took Peterson (2), JCharles (4), Ameer (7), Foster (8), Coleman (11), Ware (12), and Lewis for the IR Spot (13). Seven drafted running backs should be fine, right? Thanks to the injury bug, I'm starting DeAndre and TWest this week.

Speaking of DeAndre, I'd probably only bump him up in value for spot starts this week. Long-term a 3-headed committee still seems likely. Upside plays still stay mostly the same in my WW rankings from earlier.

this is exactly why zero RB works. There is always a group of late or undrafted RBs that become relevant while the list is way smaller for WRs so its better to draft the WRs early.

Look at the list of the top backs from last year (DJ, Gurley, Freeman)..all of them were drafted in rounds 6 or later and were more relevant the back half of the season than those drafted in the first 2 rounds.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Which would you rather have in standard? Jordan Matthews or Tyrell Williams and DeAndre Washington? I have Williams/Washington.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I think what this season proves is that all draft strategies are bullshit and we succeed and fail at the whim of fate.

I've actually quantified it down to if a player is playing against me he will score a million points.

Put all your money on the following players this week: Tyrod Taylor, Josh Brown, Vincent Jackson, Matt Forte, Chris Thompson, Rob Gronkowski, Michael Crabtree, Graham Gano, Baltimore defense. Yes that lineup looks like it'll poo poo out a lame 90 point finish in PPR but I guarantee you it'll go over 160 points this week.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Doltos posted:

I've actually quantified it down to if a player is playing against me he will score a million points.

Put all your money on the following players this week: Tyrod Taylor, Josh Brown, Vincent Jackson, Matt Forte, Chris Thompson, Rob Gronkowski, Michael Crabtree, Graham Gano, Baltimore defense. Yes that lineup looks like it'll poo poo out a lame 90 point finish in PPR but I guarantee you it'll go over 160 points this week.

Im hoping he has a lot of players on bye because that is an ugly lineup.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

My team has been beset by injuries (RIP Keenan Allen). I'm in talks with a guy who loves Doug Martin to do some kind of deal where he gets Martin and I get Mike Evans. He has a very RB-needy team.

So far I've made my initial lowball offer: Doug Martin, Arian Foster, and Allen Hurns for Mike Evans and Randall Cobb
He offered: Mike Evans and Randall Cobb for Alshon Jeffrey and Doug Martin (which isn't that bad of a deal really)

Non-PPR, ESPN Standard except we start an extra WR. Should I take the Evans+Cobb for Alshon+Doug Martin deal?

My team:

Kirk Cousins
Isaiah Crowell, C.J. Anderson, Charles Sims, Jeremy Langford, Jerick McKinnon, Ameer Abdullah*, Doug Martin,  Arian Foster
Julio Jones, Alshon Jeffery, Jamison Crowder, Allen Hurns, Tajae Sharpe

His team:

Matt Ryan
Jamaal Charles, Spencer Ware, Latavius Murray, Giovani Bernard, DeAndre Washington
Antonio Brown, Michael Crabtree, Mike Evans, Steve Smith Sr., Phillip Dorsett, Randall Cobb

mega dy fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Oct 6, 2016

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

pubic works project posted:

Which would you rather have in standard? Jordan Matthews or Tyrell Williams and DeAndre Washington? I have Williams/Washington.

Pretty easily Matthews for me. Neither Tyrell nor Washington are standouts in their respective crowded depth chart areas. Meanwhile Wentz actually looks good and Matthews has been decent so far too.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Hey now, my drafts have a proven track record. Every year I come out of them feeling confident, and every year my team farts around for the first four weeks and I drop half those guys for WW dudes and win just enough games to barely miss the playoffs. :colbert:

manwithoutskin
Mar 24, 2006
can you see the line where the water ends
How much are people valuing Foster? He was dropped in my league, FAAB. 100pts on the season, .5 PPR league.

My current RBs are DeMarco, Rawls, L Murray, and Riddick (I went 0 RB)

IF he stays healthy he'd fit nicely next to DeMarco, since the latter 3 have been up in the air most of the season. I currently have a 25 pt bid in (out of my 87 remaining). I really can't decide if that's appropriate or not.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Apparently the contingency for Miami being underwater is to move the game to Tennessee.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Apparently the contingency for Miami being underwater is to move the game to Tennessee.

Good. I had no idea what precedent was and was worried they wouldn't want to swap home teams.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Oh poo poo guys, Jim Bob Cooter says Golden Tate is gonna have a "monster week"!

:rolleyes::fh:

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Inspector_666 posted:

Oh poo poo guys, Jim Bob Cooter says Golden Tate is gonna have a "monster week"!

never understood why coaches bother saying stuff like this or that so and so RB "will get more carries". It hardly benefits them to say it, opposing DCs won't believe it and the only people it affects are fantasy footballers.

e: next year team name is Cooters love Golden Tates.

TommyGun85 fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Oct 6, 2016

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

TommyGun85 posted:

e: Jim Bob Cooter and Golden Tate in the same sentance is glorious.

That was by far my favorite part of the Sleeperbot alert because like hell am I gonna start Tate.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Inspector_666 posted:

Well poo poo I guess Marvin Jones is just waiver trash now.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Somebody in my (no PPR) league just dropped Jeremy Maclin. Dropping Beasley for him is a no-brainer, right?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Quiet Feet posted:

Somebody in my (no PPR) league just dropped Jeremy Maclin. Dropping Beasley for him is a no-brainer, right?

Uh, yes.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Quiet Feet posted:

gently caress yes drop him for Maclin. Maclin is a start every week WR1.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Ever ask something and not realize it sounds stupid until it's already out of your mouth? :downs:

I'm back of the line for the waiver wire right now so somebody else will probably pounce on him though. :saddowns:

smoothitron
Dec 25, 2013

Big Brother
I want to roster DeAndre Washington and/or Bilal Powell in my 10 team PPR, but I can't justify dropping any of these guys can I?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Quiet Feet posted:

Ever ask something and not realize it sounds stupid until it's already out of your mouth? :downs:

No. Of course not. Never. How could you think a such a thing of me?

:haw:

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

smoothitron posted:

I want to roster DeAndre Washington and/or Bilal Powell in my 10 team PPR, but I can't justify dropping any of these guys can I?

You don't need to pick up any of those guys with your current roster.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Inspector_666 posted:

On the one hand, yeah it probably means poo poo. On the other hand, Detroit is awful and might be a better team if they can get something out of Tate, so who knows. I'm not expecting anything this week, but god help me I'm still holding out hope for Tate being at least flexable for some or most the rest of the season.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

LmaoTheKid posted:

Same

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I also dumped texas for philly this week, with the aim to hold for ROS.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Cervixalot posted:

Zero RB backfired? Melvin Gordon, Isaiah Crowell, Tevin Coleman, Christine Michael, Frank Gore, Spencer Ware, Jerick McKinnon, LeGarette Blount, DeAngelo Williams, Theo Riddick, and now DeAndre Washington were all zero RB target players this year, and have been pretty successful. Gordon, Crowell, Coleman and Blount are currently top 12 in points scored to date.

Hell, you could even make an argument that Murray was a fringe zero RB target, as he was a mid-late round guy, and he's the RB #1.

Yeah you're right. I forget we all had different lists and opinions on players.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Yes hello I have this strategy called "take the good players at the good value." Generally does okay!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Spoeank posted:

Yes hello I have this strategy called "take the good players at the good value." Generally does okay!

Same. Taking great RBs in the first and/or second round because everyone else in goon drafts was doing "0 RB" worked out well.

I mean, I'm 0-4, it didn't work out that well, but it's not the fault of my RBs or WRs, it's because I did badly everywhere else and for example what the hell has happened to Carson Palmer? Plus running into high scores every week. This past week I lost by 0.3 points :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Seriously though, Carson Palmer what the gently caress dude.

I started Eli Manning over him in week 2 because it was against New Orleans and should have been a massively high scoring game, I guess that's not Palmer's fault. But week 3 was awful and I don't think week 4 is entirely up to the concussion.

• Locked thread