Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roman
Aug 8, 2002

So is High Lord Fixer still good? Got Spray & Play/Rifled Barrel/Hidden Hand? Compared to vendor Palindrome?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

what is the highest light that drops are coming out of IB? what about packages? I know some of you are upper 380s and should know...

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

AAB posted:

what is the highest light that drops are coming out of IB? what about packages? I know some of you are upper 380s and should know...

Highest items I have are 387, by doing the stay at 383 nonsense.

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Lmao this might be good on storm shotty can someone confirm? tia

I was reading that it does not work for extended range shock lock melee. Haven't tested.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Supremacy is dumb and interesting.

Forcing people to get together by punishing lone wolves in game with supers create a gameplay that is similar to MOBAs. Players meet other players, and everyone use their superpowers and the team that is still alive reach the rewards. How good you are (or how bad) matter less than how good is the team.

Is a incredible dumb game mode, sometimes a single person can wipe the entire enemy team with a uncontested super usage (like a shocklock super). But most times is a clusterfuck.

The mindset you need for this game mode is different than most other gamemodes in Destiny. I am starting to attune with it, and it could be fun if you are on the winning team. Winning can be even more oneside than other gamemodes because of the super buildup, and because after wiping a enemy team, they will spawn all around the map, and they will be easy prey for groups until they can get together in a big enough group.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I just got the Sidreal Rumba or whatever from a crucible rank up. It's not even listed on the packs, it's probably my favorite ship in the game so this is awesome.

Tei posted:

Supremacy is dumb and interesting.

Forcing people to get together by punishing lone wolves in game with supers create a gameplay that is similar to MOBAs. Players meet other players, and everyone use their superpowers and the team that is still alive reach the rewards. How good you are (or how bad) matter less than how good is the team.

Is a incredible dumb game mode, sometimes a single person can wipe the entire enemy team with a uncontested super usage (like a shocklock super). But most times is a clusterfuck.

The mindset you need for this game mode is different than most other gamemodes in Destiny. I am starting to attune with it, and it could be fun if you are on the winning team. Winning can be even more oneside than other gamemodes because of the super buildup, and because after wiping a enemy team, they will spawn all around the map, and they will be easy prey for groups until they can get together in a big enough group.

I hated it at first but I really like it now. I find there's two ways to really play it. You can either spend it trying to collect crests, or if your team is good at picking them up you can rack up as many kills as you can and rely on your team mates who aren't as good at surviving in firefights to rush in and grab them while you cover them. It seems to be teaching a lot of randoms to group up and at least stay with another person at all times rather than lone wolf it around constantly. Seeing other game modes after this IB is going to be interesting, if any of this sticks.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Dinosaur Gum
The team that supers together wrecks together

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I just wish they could fix spawns in clash/supremacy modes. If you go in with bros it's easy to sort out "hey we losing, let's group up over here" and salvage the situation.

With blueberries there is no communication and once spawns spread all over the map the match snowballs because people keep dying as soon as they spawn.

Either do a better job spawning near teammates, or put in some kind of wave mechanic where if several teammates die at once the game syncs up their respawn to drop them in as a group.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Tei posted:

that is the exact point of supers. next are you going to complain about people quick drawing shotguns or using high impact hand cannons with long range on em? what about heavy drops and then someone blows away a squad with a single rocket or gets a solid grenade on 3 guys?

Come on.....

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Let me in the slack group, nerds. I want to raid tonight and I need a team.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

AAB posted:

that is the exact point of supers. next are you going to complain about people quick drawing shotguns or using high impact hand cannons with long range on em? what about heavy drops and then someone blows away a squad with a single rocket or gets a solid grenade on 3 guys?

Come on.....

Come on...

I was not complaining. I find it interesting.

If I have to choice something dumb to complain about, It would be footsteps in the snow in the Plaguelands. They sort of match our boots, but not really.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Booties posted:

What's the secret handshake?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Tei posted:

Come on...

I was not complaining. I find it interesting.

If I have to choice something dumb to complain about, It would be footsteps in the snow in the Plaguelands. They sort of match our boots, but not really.

If we're complaining about dumb stuff, I'm going with splicer servitor range. No matter where I am I swear there's always one of those assholes shooting at me.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

xzzy posted:

What's the secret handshake?

You mean when we touch dicks and listen to 80s hair metal? I wouldn't really call that a handshake.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

docking while listening to foreigner is a handshake that is too intense for some people to handle, my dude.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Dinosaur Gum

Booties posted:

You tarnished your bushido in the Great Tournament young padawan with a kinect microphone

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Booties posted:

You mean when we touch dicks and listen to 80s hair metal? I wouldn't really call that a handshake.

You're out, go buy a ps4 and four copies of the game.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Nuebot posted:

If we're complaining about dumb stuff, I'm going with splicer servitor range. No matter where I am I swear there's always one of those assholes shooting at me.

Yea, they absolutely forgot to put a limit to that. Anyway they always get a gjallahorn rocket has answer if they are too annoying.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

The entire raid is so much easier when your whole fireteam is over 380, and outbreak prime does so much damage to bosses in the raid that we didn't DPS with any other gun. If you haven't gotten it yet, start the quest ASAP.

In that vein, what perks do you run on it? I've been running smart drift control and the stability perk, but I'm not sure if hand loaded might be better.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Emron posted:

The entire raid is so much easier when your whole fireteam is over 380, and outbreak prime does so much damage to bosses in the raid that we didn't DPS with any other gun. If you haven't gotten it yet, start the quest ASAP.

In that vein, what perks do you run on it? I've been running smart drift control and the stability perk, but I'm not sure if hand loaded might be better.

How long is this raid anyway? I really hated having to set aside like three hours of my weekend every time I did King's Fall.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Nuebot posted:

How long is this raid anyway? I really hated having to set aside like three hours of my weekend every time I did King's Fall.

Definitely less than that. I think explaining the mechanics to one dude and taking like 2-3 attempts on everything past Vosik it was 2.5 hours. That was getting all monitors, clusters, chests etc. Everyone was 370+, one guy 384.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

You should all remember this is the easy raid. poo poo will get sweaty again once hard mode is on.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

xzzy posted:

You should all remember this is the easy raid. poo poo will get sweaty again once hard mode is on.

No doubt. I wonder what the final two goals are on the y3 moments of triumph raid page. Hard mode completion and some completely new mechanic? Slamming the teleport zones with empowerment? Maybe you have to dunk every square where the boss isn't. :getin:

e: bosses DO seem to be more susceptible to great DPS, though. So even in hard mode my hope is that big beefy weapons will result in fewer phases/wipe opportunities.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Hard mode is anti-fun, I'm not sure I can be assed to do it again this time. I can't remember any occasion where I was all 'boy this permadeath sure is entertaining!' in the previous raids.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

xzzy posted:

King's Fall knights come out, eat shock cannons, SIVA charges, anything left lying for more than one second :ohdear:

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Nuebot posted:

My team went through with no wipes until Aksis phase 2, where we wiped 4 times. We hit every monitor for a guy and all the hidden chests. It came to like 1h40m at most.

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

ephori posted:

Just got my Thorn bounty, wonder how much fun Atheon's will be in IB? :haw:

Can confirm: very.

(I hate winning)

Fuegan fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Oct 6, 2016

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Roman posted:

So is High Lord Fixer still good? Got Spray & Play/Rifled Barrel/Hidden Hand? Compared to vendor Palindrome?

It's the same archetype as Palindrome and feels pretty interchangeable to me as long as they've both got Rifled Barrel. I've been using one with Outlaw/Rifled Barrel/Icarus and it feels about the same as the vendor Palindrome for the most part.

Someone in Bone Krew pointed out that Icarus is sneaky good on hand cannons and after messing with it a bit, I have to agree. Rangefinder is nice since it consistently comes into play but being able to jump around corners/over people and still land headshots is pretty dope.

Hulk Krogan fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Oct 6, 2016

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

poor life choice posted:

No doubt. I wonder what the final two goals are on the y3 moments of triumph raid page. Hard mode completion and some completely new mechanic? Slamming the teleport zones with empowerment? Maybe you have to dunk every square where the boss isn't. :getin:

e: bosses DO seem to be more susceptible to great DPS, though. So even in hard mode my hope is that big beefy weapons will result in fewer phases/wipe opportunities.

Probably another challenge mode and beating all the bosses with their challenges up.

Emron posted:

My team went through with no wipes until Aksis phase 2, where we wiped 4 times. We hit every monitor for a guy and all the hidden chests. It came to like 1h40m at most.

Neat. I threw my hat in for a mid-week raid so hopefully I get to do that poo poo. I want that pulse rifle and those ghost shells.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I assume the two last things on the book ( which are the only two I need :chord:) are going to be challenge mode clears and hard mode clear. They're on the raid page and all.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Any recommendations for the armsday packages today? I kind of want that omolon hand cannon just for the model and shooty jello.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

FishBulb posted:

I assume the two last things on the book ( which are the only two I need :chord:) are going to be challenge mode clears and hard mode clear. They're on the raid page and all.

I forgot challenge modes are a thing. KF challenges could be done in normal mode and would drop hard mode light level gear, right? Presumably you'd just want to do it in hard mode anyway, just curious.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Any idea on changes to hard mode? For one I bet the arc/solar/null servitors come out and deal massive damage instead of just slowly floating around.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

http://i.imgur.com/GBmQFFR.mp4

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

poor life choice posted:

I forgot challenge modes are a thing. KF challenges could be done in normal mode and would drop hard mode light level gear, right? Presumably you'd just want to do it in hard mode anyway, just curious.

If I remember right the challenge mode just gave you an extra drop of the gear for the mode you were running.

texaholic posted:

Any idea on changes to hard mode? For one I bet the arc/solar/null servitors come out and deal massive damage instead of just slowly floating around.

My guesses that are absolutely going to be wrong are

-Multiple monitors for Vosik
-Tighter time for zamboni with more majors
-Aksis drains super every time he teleports so you have to use the extra slam for supers, and I don't know, it takes two rounds of servitors to drop his shields, like the last bit of P1

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

The most obvious:

In the shack phase of Aksis 2, there will be something in the center, so people will have to kill shacks from their own spot. The way the whole team get together now make things too easy by creating a cloud of ammo and orbs (if you are playing correctly). No way hard mode will allow that.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
I haven't played in a long time and I just came back for this expansion so I'm slowly leveling up. But how does the armsday stuff work? I got the purple pulse rifle package yesterday, do I have to wait until next wednesday before I can get something from it?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
No one predicted the KF challenges correctly. Nobody is gunna predict the WoM challenges correctly. It'll be some weird poo poo Bungie thought of.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

FishBulb posted:

No one predicted the KF challenges correctly. Nobody is gunna predict the WoM challenges correctly. It'll be some weird poo poo Bungie thought of.

Aksis HM is going to be that when you kill him you fight Rasputin as a secret HM-only final boss like in that one WoW raid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

FishBulb posted:

The KF challenges were way simpler than anyone expected them to be. The Warpriest was more or less how people had been doing it all along and Oryx was a strat that someone had done as a joke weeks earlier and which turned out to be easier than an orthodox run in some ways.

Emron posted:

If I remember right the challenge mode just gave you an extra drop of the gear for the mode you were running.

Gear drop at max light for that mode, artifact at max light, calcified fragment, emblem, cool meatship if you cleared Oryx challenge on heroic.

haveblue fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Oct 6, 2016

• Locked thread