Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

His face in the video is like someone pumped a Michael Myers mask full of queso dip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

:cawg: He still can't say "Vote Trump" .

Speaking of whom:

quote:

How charming is this guy? Trump told Nevada voters last night to please cling to life until Election Day.

“I don’t care how sick you are,” he said, “hang on till November 8th, get out and vote and then, all we’re going to say is, we love you and we’ll remember you always.”

The crowd is cracking up. But this is not only in questionable taste – it’s misleading. Dying voters in Nevada, where a large 69% majority of ballots were cast early in 2012, only have to make it until the opening of early voting on 22 October to make their support for Trump known before dying.

The Trump campaign, which isn’t very good at get-out-the-vote, seems rarely to brief the candidate on useful information like this that he might share with voters.

And yes, if you vote early and then die before election day, your vote still counts. America.

Then Trump spots an Elvis impersonator. Most Las Vegas rally ever.

(from the Guardian liveblog)

Voters' Lives Matter.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Shouldn't surprise anyone but:

https://twitter.com/PaulHRosenberg/status/784037259972444160

Turd Sandwich vs Giant Douche? Only valid for whites.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/784016822848937984
There's a possibility that my state isn't completely terrible. Still Snyder though.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

So there is some justice in politics.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

OgreNoah posted:

https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/784016822848937984
There's a possibility that my state isn't completely terrible. Still Snyder though.

I did a double take when I read "freep".

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

canepazzo posted:

Well, the unspoken idea behind US society is that "only white people matter". Mercifully, they don't dominate enough to keep that fully the case anymore even if the knowledge of this is causing to freak out.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
It's sad how almost half the US is childish enough to want to TP the White House.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

canepazzo posted:

I feel like this is always true.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

How do I frame a tweet and hang it on my wall?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

smg77 posted:

How do I frame a tweet and hang it on my wall?

Crosstitch that photo with "ted's a waste, ted's a mess" below.

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

Is anyone weirded out by this "scrimmage" townhall that Trump is holding? (tonight?)

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

sarmhan posted:

I did a double take when I read "freep".

Sometimes I feel bad for the Detroit Free Press.

Also, I'm cracking up at Ted Cruz's phonebanking where he still can't actually bring himself to say Trump's name.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

this put a smile on my face this morning

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

canepazzo posted:

I'm kinda astonished Trump's unfavorable is that high with whites, honestly.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I cannot even imagine how giddy I would be if I got a phone call from Ted Cruz stumping for Trump

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

weekly font posted:

His face in the video is like someone pumped a Michael Myers mask full of queso dip.

He looked so much less creepy when he wasn't fat. Still had crazy eyes, of course.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Oh good. It turns out I just happen to know a bunch of crazy Asians.

Of course does it say that they're holding their noses and voting for Trump anyways because gently caress the gays? I wonder how many of them will do that.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Night10194 posted:

I'm kinda astonished Trump's unfavorable is that high with whites, honestly.

#NotAllWhitePeople

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

canepazzo posted:

Paging mccagic to the thread. Paging mcmagic to the thread. We need someone to whitesplain why this still means Bernie would've been better and how Hillary's unfavorables are sooooo bad.

gently caress white people.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Artificer posted:

Oh good. It turns out I just happen to know a bunch of crazy Asians.

Of course does it say that they're holding their noses and voting for Trump anyways because gently caress the gays? I wonder how many of them will do that.

Asian-Americans don't have the same experience in the modern US that African-Americans, Latin-Americans, and Middle Eastern-Americans do. In the modern political climate they're virtually honorary white people by and large, though there are exceptions like that ad from the other day.

One of the potential issues facing the DNC is that a lot of racial minorities tend to be very socially conservative on everything except racial issues. Such is the GOP, though, that racial issues alone have driven previously solid GOP voting blocs like Muslims and African-Americans into the arms of the Democrats.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

:lol: Wow.

Just the look on his face in the video preview is priceless.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Cythereal posted:

Asian-Americans don't have the same experience in the modern US that African-Americans, Latin-Americans, and Middle Eastern-Americans do. In the modern political climate they're virtually honorary white people by and large, though there are exceptions like that ad from the other day.

Oh yes. Additionally, I was wondering about how many of those Asians outraged about the ad immediately turned around and agreed that banning Muslims/gently caress affirmative action and provide no substitions were good and proper ideas.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

As a phone banker, watching him have less energy than a retired government employee sustains me.

Gonna make some more calls right nooooooooooooow

Gonna be HIGH ENERGY

Gonna be like gently caress YOU TED CRUZ I LOVE MY CAUSE AND BELIEVE IN IT, YOU DON'T BELIEVE IN ANYTHING, AAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA EAT poo poo YOU FLESH GOLEM

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I cannot even imagine how giddy I would be if I got a phone call from Ted Cruz stumping for Trump

I would be an rear end in a top hat.

"You are really just gonna try and get me to vote for the man that called your wife ugly and insulted your dad. Maybe it's good you didn't become president because you are obviously bitchmade"

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Dexo posted:

I would be an rear end in a top hat.

"You are really just gonna try and get me to vote for the man that called your wife ugly and insulted your dad. Maybe it's good you didn't become president because you are obviously bitchmade"

How did you know my exact words I would use

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Artificer posted:

Oh yes. Additionally, I was wondering about how many of those Asians outraged about the ad immediately turned around and agreed that banning Muslims/gently caress affirmative action and provide no substitions were good and proper ideas.

Yep. That's one of the potential cracks in the DNC - a lot of racial minorities tend to be strongly conservative in most respects, especially social issues. Except for the matter of racism (and religious prejudice in the case of Muslims). Some of these minorities were once solid and reliable GOP voting blocs (Muslims IIRC voted consistently for the GOP at rates upwards of 90% until 9/11 and now are just as consistent voting blue - take a wild guess why), and have been driven into the arms of the DNC by how violently xenophobic the GOP has become.

Problem for the GOP is, everyone sane enough to realize this problem and think they need to seriously curb the racism and court those minorities back into the fold gets primaried by the Tea Party.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Cythereal posted:

Yep. That's one of the potential cracks in the DNC - a lot of racial minorities tend to be strongly conservative in most respects, especially social issues. Except for the matter of racism (and religious prejudice in the case of Muslims). Some of these minorities were once solid and reliable GOP voting blocs (Muslims IIRC voted consistently for the GOP at rates upwards of 90% until 9/11 and now are just as consistent voting blue - take a wild guess why), and have been driven into the arms of the DNC by how violently xenophobic the GOP has become.

Problem for the GOP is, everyone sane enough to realize this problem and think they need to seriously curb the racism and court those minorities back into the fold gets primaried by the Tea Party.

Evangelical Asians for one don't care about the xenophobia. So once again evangelicals are the worst.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Yes! So good. Thank you! :allears:

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

The look of a man who realized his dignity was much more valuable than he thought.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

he literally looks like he's about to cry

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
https://theintercept.com/2016/10/06/in-the-chicago-police-department-if-the-bosses-say-it-didnt-happen-it-didnt-happen/

Long-form (and I do mean long) story on Chicago PD corruption. Comes from the http://invisible.institute founder Jamie Kalven, who won a Polk award for his coverage of the Laquan McDonald story

DICKS FOR DINNER
Sep 6, 2008

Stand Proud
Cruz looks so fuckin miserable that I have to imagine he's going to be ready to lead a GOP inquisition if Trump loses by a significant margin. Dude's gotta be waiting for the first chance to call Trump not a true conservative and holler about how he never wanted to endorse him but the establishment forced him into it.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

DICKS FOR DINNER posted:

Cruz looks so fuckin miserable that I have to imagine he's going to be ready to lead a GOP inquisition if Trump loses by a significant margin. Dude's gotta be waiting for the first chance to call Trump not a true conservative and holler about how he never wanted to endorse him but the establishment forced him into it.

What I love is that Cruz held out for months, and finally relented when it looked like Trump might actually win, and three days later the debate happened

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Lightning Knight posted:

Paging mccagic to the thread. Paging mcmagic to the thread. We need someone to whitesplain why this still means Bernie would've been better and how Hillary's unfavorables are sooooo bad.

gently caress white people.

Why does it matter that white people are driving her unpopularity?

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Oct 6, 2016

DICKS FOR DINNER
Sep 6, 2008

Stand Proud

Mel Mudkiper posted:

What I love is that Cruz held out for months, and finally relented when it looked like Trump might actually win, and three days later the debate happened

Ted Cruz is a loving calamity-bringer to Trump's campaign. He gives that weird "vote your conscience" speech at the RNC and like a week later, Trump gets into a fight with gold star parents, then he sorta-semi endorses Trump without specifically naming him and then the debates happen and Trump polymorphs into a corncob. He is bad luck weaponized.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

mcmagic posted:

Why does it matter than white people are driving her unpopularity?

you're v dumb

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Mel Mudkiper posted:

What's going to happen to both Pence and Cruz is going to be so sweet. It couldn't happen to nicer men.

I forgot how hilarious Cruz elbowing his wife in the face was; however, Carly eating it on some bleachers takes the cake.

Guy Farting
Jul 28, 2003

has vegetable salty

Cythereal posted:

This is just not true. Literally the above poll re Hilary/Trump favorables argues against this. Fox News just ran a super racist otherizing anti Asian "comedy" segment on national TV yesterday. It's untrue as a whole and it's dismissive to suggest this.

:cmon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

DICKS FOR DINNER posted:

Ted Cruz is a loving calamity-bringer to Trump's campaign. He gives that weird "vote your conscience" speech at the RNC and like a week later, Trump gets into a fight with gold star parents, then he sorta-semi endorses Trump without specifically naming him and then the debates happen and Trump polymorphs into a corncob. He is bad luck weaponized.
The conclusion is that God hates Ted Cruz and needs him to suffer for his iniquity.

• Locked thread