Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Kirios posted:

Bloodborne is actually the best Souls game.

It's no Lords of the Fallen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It's starting to hit me just how little space 500GB is. I can only have like 3-4 games installed at most and that's kinda annoying since I really would love to buy all my poo poo digitally from now on.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

what games are you playing that are 125gb each

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
I replaced the 500GB drive with a 2TB as soon as I could, it's really worth it and not very expensive.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Housh posted:

I hope the whole game is this

Not sure why, but this game just got on my radar.

Looking forward this!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I replaced by drive with a 2TB one and it's still full T_T

Dr Sun Try
May 23, 2009

Plaster Town Cop

Sakurazuka posted:

I replaced by drive with a 2TB one and it's still full T_T

same - too many games, too little time

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I'm still rolling with the stock 500GB. Might upgrade soon but I usually play single player games that I delete once I complete.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Takoluka posted:

what games are you playing that are 125gb each

The new CoD+MW Remaster is supposedly 130gb base, so without patches or DLC.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Also you don't get 500GB out of it at all, the OS itself takes up lots of space, not to mention the untouchable 10% capacity you have to have free at all times.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

spooky like this! posted:

The new CoD+MW Remaster is supposedly 130gb base, so without patches or DLC.

Yeah, I did see that, but for real, I have dozens of games on my PS4. I can't imagine only being able to have 3-4 at one time.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Healbot posted:

Also you don't get 500GB out of it at all, the OS itself takes up lots of space, not to mention the untouchable 10% capacity you have to have free at all times.

OK, what games is he playing that are 100gb each

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

haveblue posted:

4 Infinite Warfares at the edge of a Hard Disk.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Healbot posted:

also IIRC anytime you download a game you need to have twice the download amount free on your hard drive, so if you're downloading IW you need 240 GB of free space

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

gently caress just as I'm walking out to my car to head to work mailman hands me

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It's starting to hit me just how little space 500GB is. I can only have like 3-4 games installed at most and that's kinda annoying since I really would love to buy all my poo poo digitally from now on.

Upgrade already. Sony put a ton of work into making the PS4 chassis really easy to swap out drives. Its easier than changing an HDD on a PC even. Seriously.

Get a 1TB-2TB drive ASAP, you'll never regret it. Install all your games and leave them installed.

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

Looking forward to the impressions! Before I cave in

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

haveblue posted:

Games often require double the space to installl, meaning that even if you have ~90gb free out of the ~440gb that is usable, you'll need to delete some stuff to install a disc game. You'd think using 350gb out of an allegedly 500gb hard drive wouldn't be classified as 'full', but it is.

It's a bit like playing No Man's Sky: Inventory Management Simulator. Delete all the smaller, digital titles, install a few big disc games, then put your small games back because they don't need such a large install footprint.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I really hope Mafia III is good, that Klan scene sounds amazing

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Quote-Unquote posted:

Games often require double the space to installl, meaning that even if you have ~90gb free out of the ~440gb that is usable, you'll need to delete some stuff to install a disc game. You'd think using 350gb out of an allegedly 500gb hard drive wouldn't be classified as 'full', but it is.

It's a bit like playing No Man's Sky: Inventory Management Simulator. Delete all the smaller, digital titles, install a few big disc games, then put your small games back because they don't need such a large install footprint.

That was just on the PS3.

They need some overhead on the PS4 but not double.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Aphrodite posted:

That was just on the PS3.

They need some overhead on the PS4 but not double.

I couldn't install DOOM from the disc until I had over 90gb free.

And then it wouldn't download the patch until I had another 80gb free.

It ended up being 50gb with the patch.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Is there a review embargo on Mafia 3? Why are people excited about it? (genuinely curious)

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Trash Trick posted:

Is there a review embargo on Mafia 3? Why are people excited about it? (genuinely curious)

There's an embargo in that apparently review copies weren't ready until the retail one. So it's going to be a week or two before any real trustworthy reviews come out.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Trash Trick posted:

Slow month for new releases, partly. People will take what they can get.

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

They didnt send copies to the reviewers ahead of time, so its gonna take some time until they are up.

Can't speak for everybody but I myself am hyped because I'm a long time fan of the series

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

haveblue posted:

Hyperbole, the game. The whole trilogy.

Nija
Mar 2, 2003
F A C K

haveblue posted:

If you have everything patched up:

Battlefield 4 is 75.
Doom is 60.
GTAV is 60.
Diablo 3 is 60.
Witcher 3 is roughly 60.
Destiny is 45ish.
Warframe is 35ish. (that should tell you a lot about how bloated these games are these days...)

If you play something like Elder Scrolls online, that's another 75-80.

How big is Fallout 4 with the DLC? 45+, I imagine.

It's out of hand, especially considering how bad the textures look pretty much everywhere.

Nija fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Oct 6, 2016

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Viking Squad!: While it doesn't turn the world on its ear in terms of new mechanics, this game (came out this past Tuesday,) evoked Castle Crashers quite nicely. Look it up. You play, loot, upgrade, and level up 4 different vikings, earn some extra attacks and combos along the way. There's wearable armor and upgraded weapons. Can play up to 4 people online or local.

Reminds me of Castle Crashers meets Dragon's Crown.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that's not just with patches, it's with all additional content for a lot of those. for example bf4 is like 20ish gigs by itself iirc but added a bunch of maps through dlc and had an abnormal patch cycle since it launched so utterly busted. I can think of at least 2 occasions where dice fundamentally changed the gun mechanics in patches and one of those also changed character movement stuff

I think fallout was like 40gbs without the dlc? the witcher was something like that as well. most games that I've bought in the past couple of years have been in the 20-60gb range, so hearing that the cod can take up over 100 is pretty zany. sure as hell ain't buying that one digitally, that's for sure

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
It's just most developers being lazy shits, games are huge because they can get away with it.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Trash Trick posted:

From what I can tell, people are excited because this game supposedly handles issues of race well and you are also able to gun down a klan rally.

I always thought the Mafia games had decent stories. The gameplay often left a lot to be desired and I am definitely really skeptical about their claims of handling race in the right way. I guess I am beyond the point where simply gunning down a klan rally make a game cool for me.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

El Hefe posted:

It's just most developers being lazy shits, games are huge because they can get away with it.

Pretty much!

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

blackguy32 posted:

I guess I am beyond the point where simply gunning down a klan rally make a game cool for me.
It really seems like the most faux-provocative thing they could do to get attention but everyone's biting on it, both the teenage internet nazis and the people here who'll buy it just to piss them off, so whatever works I guess.

Wasn't Mafia II infamously underwhelming and intentionally crippled for DLC?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It was but this one has a new developer.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

It really seems like the most faux-provocative thing they could do to get attention but everyone's biting on it, both the teenage internet nazis and the people here who'll buy it just to piss them off, so whatever works I guess.

Wasn't Mafia II infamously underwhelming and intentionally crippled for DLC?

Apparently they took out stuff to include it as DLC, but from what I can tell about it, the side mission stuff should have been included but the Joe's adventures stuff really could have been kept out.

And yeah, I should be excited about gunning down a klan rally, being a black guy and all, but I don't know. It just doesn't do it for me the same way that Django Unchained didn't do it for me, especially considering all the crap that I had to sit through to get to that point.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
I just got invited into the closed alpha for Steep, so look out for e-mails if you signed up.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Wolfenstein is like 50 gigs as well but that game owns so I don't care.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Montalvo posted:

I just got invited into the closed alpha for Steep, so look out for e-mails if you signed up.

Same, but that's all I can apparently say...

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I finally got around to beating the first Uncharted. It was a solid game, with some design decisions that hopefully die off in the sequels. I'm going to give myself some space between it and number 2 by playing Super Mario Galaxy or something.

Question: If I'm playing a PSOne classic on the PS TV, could I hook up two controllers and play local? Also, I wish the PS4 could play the PSOne classics :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
You should actually go into Uncharted 2 immediately just so the night-and-day difference between them is emphasized.

• Locked thread