Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Peek a b-OH GOD

http://i.imgur.com/kuB1uzu.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

You deserved that. :v:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Pro tip: when playing zenyatta, yell out your discord targets like a carnival barker/auctioneer/comedy drill sergeant.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Jastiger posted:

They should make roadhogs hook break if it:

Interacts with geometry on the pull.

Exceeds the max range of his chain i.e. dash, blink, pharah boost, etc.

Roadhog is cc'd before completing the pull.

On the throw it breaks any geomtry.

Boom fixed.

actually, they should make it just noclip through walls like pudge's hook

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

and catch people on the backswing, obviously, gently caress you Maliken

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Roadhog's ult should be him firing hooks out in all directions like Spawn

Tweet Me Balls
Apr 14, 2009

Away all Goats posted:

Roadhog's ult should be him firing hooks out in all directions like Spawn

Add in Chrono Trigger style dual tech ults and have this be the Reaper/Roadhog one.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I don't think the competitive UI is very good, this is two games in a row now that I've thought we lost when we actually won. "MATCH COMPLETE!" after a really intense overtime on Hanamura B right as I'm turning around and see Reinhardt leaping off the point while I'm dodging the Junkrat tire.....

I was really upset for like 20 seconds before realizing that we'd won the match.

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend
Got a fix on my voice problem... turns out that for some reason I can't hear anything if mumble is on, I guess there's an exclusivity option there or some poo poo. Weird anyway.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Kehveli posted:

Got a fix on my voice problem... turns out that for some reason I can't hear anything if mumble is on, I guess there's an exclusivity option there or some poo poo. Weird anyway.

Why would you use mumble?

Discord is where it's at.. there are 3 separate goon Overwatch discords that I know of.

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend
Mumble became known as the low-latency option during try-hard counter-strike, so we have a server where a lot of people hang out out of habit (non-goons). Most people I play with come from (relatively) high level cs where that's all they use as voip, it's been easier to use that since it's literally one click away for everyone already. I've now bullied people to discord if we're not going w a full stack. EU-groups seem to have kind of died out in the goon ow discord I'm in, so I'll probably have to check the other ones out.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

FAUXTON posted:

Pro tip: when playing zenyatta, yell out your discord targets like a carnival barker/auctioneer/comedy drill sergeant.

This was honestly the best part of playing with you last night. The cherry on top is when you had to take a phone call and use your quiet voice after yelling for 3 games. We all died laughing.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

LCL-Dead posted:

Why would you use mumble?

Discord is where it's at.. there are 3 separate goon Overwatch discords that I know of.

Some people are like cranky old curmudgeons who refuse to switch to discord and will cling to their mumble servers until they literally die

i know several

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

I still use skype when I play with my friends

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Kerrrrrrr posted:

Some people are like cranky old curmudgeons who refuse to switch to discord and will cling to their mumble servers until they literally die

i know several

I still use mumble. There has just been no reason to change away from it.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

i still know people who use TS3

i consider myself lucky they don't still use loving Ventrilo

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

poemdexter posted:

This was honestly the best part of playing with you last night. The cherry on top is when you had to take a phone call and use your quiet voice after yelling for 3 games. We all died laughing.

:v: Dr. FAUXTON got home and she was on the phone with her mom, I wasn't on the phone - later on when we were talking about some work stuff (she's getting ready to leave postdoc work and get a job with a biotech firm's lab around here) y'all were making me crack the hell up talking about how that's the way I ask her how her day was.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

i still know people who use TS3

i consider myself lucky they don't still use loving Ventrilo

What's wrong with vent? Last time I used it like a billion years ago it was the Thing to use

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib

FAUXTON posted:

Sometimes you hit a bad streak, I guess :shrug:

I hope so. Otherwise I guess it's just proof that I didn't belong at such a relatively high SR and that this is more corresponding to my true level.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Fateo McMurray posted:

What's wrong with vent? Last time I used it like a billion years ago it was the Thing to use

lovely UI, setting up servers and permissions was a pain in the rear end, and voice quality / delay was worse than the alternatives

maybe they've fixed some of this in the mean time, i haven't used it in a billion years either

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
According to wiki, 11 MILLION people per month still use ICQ.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Battle Mercy is OP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACPa5S1wHjg

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Andrast posted:

I still use mumble. There has just been no reason to change away from it.

I like that i can use discord in my browser at work and not miss all the amazing lovely memes my friends post

RugClockVexx
Aug 15, 2008
So according to reddit the Halloween Loot Boxes are in the XBOX store... can anybody confirm? I gotta leave work "sick" if thats the case....

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

their store page is up, but you cannot purchase any at the moment

RugClockVexx
Aug 15, 2008
Ah, thx for the clarification. I sure hope that's a prelude to the update dropping.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I feel like for Summer Games I remember the "up on the store" thing happening in the morning and the patch dropping by the afternoon.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
They should give Ana a Sombra halloween costume skin

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I really love the new brawl. Also it seems to be the mode I am best at so it is going to be sad to see it go.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

discords gutter trash u get on voip to frag not to hang out on irc

Did they add any new maps or heroes to this game yet since the worst map in FPS history, Castle?

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

strong bird posted:

Did they add any new maps or heroes to this game yet since the worst map in FPS history, Castle?

nope

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
Castle map is good and fun

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Castle is inoffensive compared to literally any 2CP map and probably isn't even the worst payload (my money's on Numbani.)

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I remember reading somewhere that eichenwalde and hanamura are the only maps in the game that are biased towards the defenders

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I'd like to hear someone make a case for anubis not being biased toward defenders

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Kashuno posted:

I'd like to hear someone make a case for anubis not being biased toward defenders

Actually let out a strange maniacal laugh after reading this.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

I remember reading somewhere that eichenwalde and hanamura are the only maps in the game that are biased towards the defenders

Kashuno posted:

None of the 2CP maps are biased towards defenders, they're insanely biased towards offense. It's just that the conditions that make them so depend on organization.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

On Anubis the first point isn't that hard to take with a coordinated push, and the second point is incredibly easy to steamroll with ults gained from the first point push, due to the main fighting area being a square with no cover.

A single gravton combo can basically wipe the defenders unless they play way far back and give the offense a good foothold.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Kashuno posted:

It's only biased toward defenders when the attackers can't coordinate any kind of multi-pronged attack. Pharah on one side, Dva on the other, Reinhardt pushing up the middle with the other three. You don't even need to stack ults, just split the defending team's attention up and prioritize the bastion then the mercy followed by everyone else and you can often cap in a single push or at least get the first two pips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.

Kashuno posted:

The first point spawn advantage belongs to the attackers, so if they manage to just wear down the defending team without losing a fight decisively they will eventually take the point. All 2CP map second points favor the defenders though due to spawn distance, so that isn't news if you're trying to make it.

The big thing on taking point two easily is either having a significant ult advantage from a quick take of point one or you have to waste part of your time bank to accumulate the ults necessary for the second point take. It's all about ult management and getting an overwhelming advantage on point two.

FAUXTON posted:

It's only biased toward defenders when the attackers can't coordinate any kind of multi-pronged attack. Pharah on one side, Dva on the other, Reinhardt pushing up the middle with the other three. You don't even need to stack ults, just split the defending team's attention up and prioritize the bastion then the mercy followed by everyone else and you can often cap in a single push or at least get the first two pips.

Or you just smash into them and murder them. Fancy flanking really isn't necessary at all if people are even remotely doing their jobs to secure kills on the offensive.

Commoners fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Oct 6, 2016