Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

BlindSite posted:

Im sure some sports science nerd knows more than me but dont you tear poo poo a lot when you get yolked as gently caress but dont do a lot of flexibility training and then try explosive movements?

Maybe thats just muscle tears.

Im talking out my rear end btw and legitimately have no idea.

As far as I am aware you cannot do anything to strengthen ligaments. You can do all the flexibility training you want, but your knee and other joints are only able to move so far before ligaments tear. So when you are a pro athlete it becomes really easy to exert enough force to tear ligaments.

Not to mention all the random hits that are part of football

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Skwirl posted:

I'm still very much a newbie when it comes to positions, but do you have anyone capable of running with or catching the ball?

Melvin Gordon looks much better this year than he did last year, Hunter Henry is really promising, and I like Tyrrell Williams and Dontrelle Inman.

Rivers is really good about spreading the ball around

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

SA likes to pretend that Travis Benjamin doesn't exist but he can catch the ball quite well.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Cheap Trick souvenirs posted:

SA likes to pretend that Travis Benjamin doesn't exist but he can catch the ball quite well.

He can also catch the ball, look down at it in his hands, and drop it without being touched so the Saints can recover and win the game. He's also poo poo on punt returns and looks afraid to actually catch the ball.

gently caress him

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

with the kevin white injury, i am sorry to say it looks like the bears took a huge blow to their division title chances

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

R.D. Mangles posted:

with the kevin white injury, i am sorry to say it looks like the bears took a huge blow to their division title chances

yeah the bears def arent making the playoffs now

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

im sure Cutler will still run out there and give it his all though

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

a new study bible! posted:

im sure Cutler will still run out there and give it 20% though

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

a neat cape posted:

He can also catch the ball, look down at it in his hands, and drop it without being touched so the Saints can recover and win the game. He's also poo poo on punt returns and looks afraid to actually catch the ball.

gently caress him

No gently caress you, the Rabbit owns.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

I always imagine Brady saying your new username

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Popy posted:

Brady gonna murder the poor Browns.

Actually the opposite is going to happen.

Chewbaccanator
Apr 7, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Actually the opposite is going to happen.

Hey guys imagine if the Browns take a dump all over Brady and suddenly everybody wants Brisket back huh wouldn't that be neat?

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Chewbaccanator posted:

Hey guys imagine if the Browns take a dump all over Brady and suddenly everybody wants Brisket back huh wouldn't that be neat?

Yeah

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Browns +10.5 is a lock

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Chris James 2 posted:

Chargers have as many ACL tears/players out for the year as there are weeks in the NFL so far (Allen, Woodhead, Johnson, Verrett, Te'o)

On the first day of the season, the Chargers gave to me a ligament tear in knee.

On the second day of the season, the Chargers gave to me a ligament tear in the knee.

No, there are no rings in the fifth verse.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Quiet Feet posted:

No, there are no rings in the fifth verse.

:golfclap:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I'm willing to accept that maybe the Chargers are actually cursed:

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

a neat cape posted:

Important players the Chargers have lost for the season in the last six weeks:

#1 WR Keenan Allen (ACL)
#2 WR Stevie Johnson (ACL)
#2 RB Danny Woodhead (ACL)
#3 RB Branden Oliver (Achilles)
Starting ILB Manti Te'o (Achilles)
#1 CB Jason Verrett (ACL)

Not including major injuries that haven't been placed on season ending IR.

gently caress.

Ryan Mathews for a 2nd and a 5th.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
N: http://www.si.com/tech-media/2016/10/06/joe-buck-fox-book-hair-plugs-surgery-voice

V: Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Mel Mudkiper fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Oct 6, 2016

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Kalli posted:

I'm willing to accept that maybe the Chargers are actually cursed:

Just shut the team down and take forfeits the rest of the season.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

What could have been...

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

BrownThunder posted:

HotDish is real bad but nothing comes close to Skyline Pizza. Go Cowboys

Edit: Wrong thread but it's true anyways

N: Cincy sucks

V: Go Cowboys

This looks like someone threw up enchiladas while rolling out dough

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

I read the article to find out what the gently caress could cause an addiction to hair plugs, and came away with nothing. do they fall out like normal hair and need replacement? did he keep wanting to make it thicker? did he have to get more put in on the top of his head as his natural hairline continued to recede (although he only mentions the front of his head in that article)? does it feel good? do they give you baller painkillers? did he keep getting the old ones removed and the latest models put in, like with an iMac telephone? what constitutes an addiction? how many did he have??

they spend like two or three paragraphs talking about lexapro, as if depression is some utterly foreign and unknown ailment that needs explanation, but don't at all talk about the hair plugs. what a garbage article. also, Joe Buck is poo poo.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I really had no idea Joe Buck was bald, so I guess hair transplant technology is further along than I realized.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I just remembered

remember that lovely beard that looked like he glued pubes to his face?

That is now entirely plausible

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

indigi posted:

I read the article to find out what the gently caress could cause an addiction to hair plugs, and came away with nothing. do they fall out like normal hair and need replacement? did he keep wanting to make it thicker? did he have to get more put in on the top of his head as his natural hairline continued to recede (although he only mentions the front of his head in that article)? does it feel good? do they give you baller painkillers? did he keep getting the old ones removed and the latest models put in, like with an iMac telephone? what constitutes an addiction? how many did he have??

they spend like two or three paragraphs talking about lexapro, as if depression is some utterly foreign and unknown ailment that needs explanation, but don't at all talk about the hair plugs. what a garbage article. also, Joe Buck is poo poo.

There are people who are basically addicted to plastic surgery. Sometimes they are in search of the perfect body part (jawline, rear end, calves, etc.) and sometimes they are looking for an overall perfect body so they get surgery everywhere. Sounds like Buck was obsessed with his hairline and even if it appeared normal to us, he saw that it could be better and sought out that surgery. I hate to attach a diagnosis from afar, but it sounds like some type of Body Dysmorphic Disorder. The flaw can be real or imagined and the person goes to great lengths to "fix" it, which on the surface sounds like what was happening with Joe Buck.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

remember that lovely beard that looked like he glued pubes to his face?

He still has it, and it still looks horrible. You'd think someone would talk to him.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

He still has it, and it still looks horrible. You'd think someone would talk to him.

how does a man so concerned about his appearance that he gets hair plugs nine times not realize that beard is awful

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

how does a man so concerned about his appearance that he gets hair plugs nine times not realize that beard is awful

Counterpint. If a man is desperate enough for hair to undergo nine procedures to obtain it, he probably isn't going to get rid of any of the hair he can actually grow.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
the term hair plug grosses me out because I imagine a bald scalp having little ports in it that swatches of hair get "plugged" into, like a USB connection, which is a queasy thought

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:
gently caress yeah

http://imgur.com/a/XVV3z

Why doesn't linking photos work anymore?

Incitatus fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Oct 6, 2016

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

An interesting little nugget from Albert Breer: http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/10/06/kyle-shanahan-nfl-coaching-carousel-list-notebook

quote:

The NFL’s ratings decline merits watching. It’s hard to deny that the league has something to worry about with TV ratings declining significantly in all the primetime windows.

So how concerned is the NFL? Well, something interesting is happening. We’ve obtained a memo that went out to all 32 teams that reflected that, starting Oct. 12, clubs are subject to a new fine schedule for exceeding the limits on video and any moving content. Those are particularly strict during the 60 minutes leading up to games, and through games, with clubs largely limited to re-posting from the NFL’s own accounts (with some allowance for approved content on Snapchat). The memo says that first time offenders will be fined up to $25,000, a second offense will warrant a fine of up to $50,000, and a third offense will merit a fine of up to $100,000 and loss of rights to post league controlled content.

The NFL thinks its ratings are declining because people are sharing too many video clips and *.gifs outside of game time. The NFL is loving stupid as poo poo.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Im quietly optimistic about the Eagles game....the Lions dont have Megatron anymore to rip us to shreds like last year.

Saying that, its the Eagles and we love to lose to teams that we should beat

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
The league I love has a front office full of retards

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

fsif posted:

An interesting little nugget from Albert Breer: http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/10/06/kyle-shanahan-nfl-coaching-carousel-list-notebook

The NFL thinks its ratings are declining because people are sharing too many video clips and *.gifs outside of game time. The NFL is loving stupid as poo poo.

I highly doubt thats the only thing they think is causing ratings declines. But its one of the things that they can actively target (not like they can force people to sit infront of TVs to watch their games)

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

CyberPingu posted:

I highly doubt thats the only thing they think is causing ratings declines. But its one of the things that they can actively target (not like they can force people to sit infront of TVs to watch their games)

Well, sure, I doubt they think it's the sole factor, but it's stupid to even think it's a contributing factor. Who the gently caress watches a *.gif before gametime and decides "ah, got my football content. No need to tune into a live game now!"

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
I'd be shocked if it's causing a decline in ratings at all - .gifs and short video clips are free marketing that they clamp down on because reasons.

A bigger contributor is probably illegal streams because the NFL has locked out-of-market access behind a pay TV business that fewer and fewer people justify spending money on. The NFL is incredibly tone deaf on this sort of poo poo and it's starting to catch up to them.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

fsif posted:

Football is amazing despite the best efforts of the NFL to ruin it. So loving off the point.

How the hell can an organization providing s service be so out of touch with the consumer? How do these PR/executives/head office guys maintain their job despite being so inherently incompetent at their jobs?

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
I think the NFL is competent. Its a good product that people love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

WHOOPS posted:

A bigger contributor is probably illegal streams because the NFL has locked out-of-market access behind a pay TV business that fewer and fewer people justify spending money on. The NFL is incredibly tone deaf on this sort of poo poo and it's starting to catch up to them.

yup

• Locked thread