Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
My s1 is at 86% after 6 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I don't know what % my phone is at because I don't worry about dumb poo poo.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I don't know what % my phone is at because I don't worry about dumb poo poo.

Uh.... wow.... first.... this is a watch thread.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

What's a good second charger cable, so I can have one for the office and one for at home? There's a lot on Amazon but on many it's not clear if they actually have a charger in them or if they're just a stand. Plus the Apple one is $40, is that just what I have to spend to get a second one?

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

bilperkins2 posted:

What's a good second charger cable, so I can have one for the office and one for at home? There's a lot on Amazon but on many it's not clear if they actually have a charger in them or if they're just a stand. Plus the Apple one is $40, is that just what I have to spend to get a second one?

99% of travel chargers and charging stands expect you to load in your own official charger. Best Buy sells official cables open-box for ~$20 if you hunt.

I'd love to find something ike this, but a little less "alibaba-ish" eventually. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAAF94434928&cm_re=apple_watch_portable_charger-_-9SIAAF94434928-_-Product

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

bilperkins2 posted:

From what I know there aren't any third party charging cables. That may have changed but I don't think it has.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

eddiewalker posted:

99% of travel chargers and charging stands expect you to load in your own official charger. Best Buy sells official cables open-box for ~$20 if you hunt.

I'd love to find something ike this, but a little less "alibaba-ish" eventually. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAAF94434928&cm_re=apple_watch_portable_charger-_-9SIAAF94434928-_-Product

Charger chat led me to this: https://www.amazon.com/Oittm-Friend...e+watch+charger

Seems you can charge it while it's charging the watch, and the reviews are good. I might grab one.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Charger chat led me to this: https://www.amazon.com/Oittm-Friend...e+watch+charger

Seems you can charge it while it's charging the watch, and the reviews are good. I might grab one.
Too big IMO

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

:chanpop:

gently caress... pass.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

bilperkins2 posted:

Case you don't know, the official 1m cable is $29, the 2m cable is the $39 one.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
So I really want to get my Apple Pay working but it won't add.

Walk me through something.

If I kinda like, remove my watch from my iPhone and then re-add it... will I lose any data/settings? Or is the Apple Watch App on my iPhone storing sort of a backup/snapshot of my Apple Watch?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Feenix posted:

If I kinda like, remove my watch from my iPhone and then re-add it... will I lose any data/settings? Or is the Apple Watch App on my iPhone storing sort of a backup/snapshot of my Apple Watch?

When you unpair it makes a full backup on your phone.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
You lose your home screen arrangement when you repair, so don't sperg out on getting that perfect arrangement like I've seen some nutty redditors do.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Feenix posted:

I couldn't get mine to move my cards from my new phone to my watch. They show up in the watch app with the add button next to them but hitting add just gave me a spiny thing and never accomplished it. i had to add them separately in the watch app.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I couldn't get mine to move my cards from my new phone to my watch. They show up in the watch app with the add button next to them but hitting add just gave me a spiny thing and never accomplished it. i had to add them separately in the watch app.

Thanks all. good to know. FYI: Just put 10.1 Beta 2 (public) on my phone and it added within seconds to my watch. (via the app.) :)

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

My watch crashed today, then when it woke up it asked me if I wanted to trust the pairing with a computer seemingly without giving me any more information (computer name or whatever). I had no idea what the hell it was talking about but wasn't really thinking and touched accept or yes or whatever thinking it was asking about my phone. I hope it was and I didn't just pair my watch to some rando's computer.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

My s1 is at 60% after 15 hours. I am sated.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Martytoof posted:

My watch crashed today, then when it woke up it asked me if I wanted to trust the pairing with a computer seemingly without giving me any more information (computer name or whatever). I had no idea what the hell it was talking about but wasn't really thinking and touched accept or yes or whatever thinking it was asking about my phone. I hope it was and I didn't just pair my watch to some rando's computer.

*in extremely Elliot from Mr Robot voice*

Oh, it's you. That's a nice watch. You think you control it, but you don't. It tells you when to stand, when to breathe, maybe that app tells you when to drink water. The reality is, that watch controls you. And now I control that watch.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Breathe... bitch

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
Thanks for the advice nerds

Also, does anyone have the official Apple charging dock? Is it worth the price?

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

Rick Sanchez posted:

Just get the Spigen thing for $6. Looks fine. Has nightstand support. Done.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Rick Sanchez posted:

I bought the stupid expensive Belkin phone/watch dock, it's been great.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

eddiewalker posted:

Just get the Spigen thing for $6. Looks fine. Has nightstand support. Done.

Link to a $6 spigen thing?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Yeah let's get some dock suggestions motherfuckers.
Make your case! Which one and why?!

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...
I've pimped this one a few times and I still love mine that I've had for about a year so I'm going to do it again.

Oittm Charging Stand with USB hub

Nightstand mode, check
Easy as possible to dock your watch, check
High Amp USB to charge your iPhone or iPad, check
Small and inexpensive, check

There are also small things that make it awesome like a little blue LED inside the case that is barely able to shine through the plastic lid and can only be seen in total darkness, allowing you to see where your dock is even if the lights are off.
My only complaint is that the plastic lid is, and the entire unit in general, are incredibly light so its easy to slide around and the lid to get slightly ajar if you don't ziptie your charging cable together.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

rage-saq posted:

I've pimped this one a few times and I still love mine that I've had for about a year so I'm going to do it again.
Did you pimp it in this thread? I see a bunch of posts about bands but not the dock :iiam:. In any case I pimped it recently too:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3703271&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=114#post464865334

And there's round ones now apparently, which also come with a lightning holder insert for watchless people.

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...

japtor posted:

Did you pimp it in this thread? I see a bunch of posts about bands but not the dock :iiam:. In any case I pimped it recently too:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3703271&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=114#post464865334

And there's round ones now apparently, which also come with a lightning holder insert for watchless people.

Maybe it was a different thread. The round one looks ok, I think I prefer the looks of the square one. I guess its good to have options, its kind of funny that this device which is some kind of no-name mass produced chinese knockoff type of deal is actually one of the more innovative and useful ones on the market and its not even a knockoff, I'm pretty sure it was the first one on the market with a hub built in.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
Here's another one btw, two external ports and a little ledge thing to place your phone landscape if that matters:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LPFY0RM